• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Bernbaum

ps.lcpyhtvo.170x170-75.jpg
EB-Games-Expo-LOGO-e1307078854815.png
1-great-dane.jpeg

AusGAF Interstate All-Stars Meet-up

Where: Gold Coast, a bar somewhere. Alcohol consumption purely optional.

When: Saturday 15th October, 7pm-ish.

What: Take advantage of attendance at EB Games $119 RRP retail butt butts butts console dudebro first-person-shooter pre-order DLC exclusive advertisement day would you like a scratch warranty or trade in your old games for pennies OMG why haven't you people heard of Play-asia?

Who: YOU, motherfucker, plus everyone else.

Why: Because video games, thats why.

It's a month away but may as well curry up interest now.

Kritz

Banned
Cmon guys we can go to coolies and get a crumbed chicken breast with cheese and tomato on it, drink boags and then jump Off the Tasman bridge!

It'll be great.

Need a new TV show to tide me over until Fringe starts again. Didn't like Mad Men and the first episode of Community was kind of meh. I guess I don't like douchey main characters (2&1/2 Men, Californication etc.).

Omikron

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Need a new TV show to tide me over until Fringe starts again. Didn't like Mad Men and the first episode of Community was kind of meh. I guess I don't like douchey main characters (2&1/2 Men, Californication etc.).

I am tempted to look into a doco show on 'fringe science' called Dark Matters. It is hosted by John Noble.

Like i suggested yesterday, watch suits.
I personally don't think the main characters are douchey. Give it a go, if after ep 1 you are not hooked you probably wont like it

Bernbaum

The League.
Season 8 of Curb your Enthusiasm (one of the strongest runs yet).
Friday Night Lights (there's 5 seasons of it).
Re-attempt to get into Mad Men (I disliked it strongly on first viewing, gave it a second chance and loved it).
IT Crowd (in case you live under a rock and haven't watched it yet).
The Complete Black Books for like $40 on DVD.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

Police procedure, Castle, with nathan fillion who i think you dislike. Yeaa!

I can't wait for fringe to start. It's been such a solid TV show over the past 2 seasons, I'm scared that they might fuck it all up, Hopefully they don't.

Cohsae

Eastbound and Down is great.
Also Party Down was great.
And Parks and Recreation starts out kind of meh in the first season but gets much better.

And I'm going to assume you've been watching Breaking Bad right?

Watch Curb Your Enthusiasm and shit yourself laughing. Although Larry David is an arsehole so there's that.

Also I second Bern on the Friday Night Lights recommendation. Great drama.

Also Treme, The Wire, Breaking Bad, West Wing, Six Feet Under, or if you like some sex and blood go for Spartacus and True Blood.

Also Archer.

Stick with community. Sure, Jeff is a d bag but Troy and Abed make that show. Also Peirce.

Always Sunny?

BanShunsaku said:
Also Treme, The Wire, Breaking Bad, West Wing, Six Feet Under, or if you like some sex and blood go for Spartacus and True Blood.

Also Archer.

Second and second

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
It's attention-grabbing and relevant to the product/service being advertised. I watch Mad Men so I'm an expert.

Maybe you can combine your various fields of expertise and become a mentalist ad man.

Also, I will be at the ebutts buttxpo. So come along and say hi if you'd like to talk about why your computer is dumb.

Already watched all of West Wing, True Blood and Spartacus. Couldn't get Mrs Squirrel into Breaking Bad or The IT Crowd, which is a shame, because her enjoying it too is kind of a pre-requisite (though I did watch Spartacus by myself).

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Yoshiya

Kritz said:
Y'know, I haven't escaped Tasmania in... Almost a decade. And uni holidays are coming up from nov to feb.

Or everyone ELSE could come down here! ;D
You have my condolences. It's been about nine months and I'm already beginning to crack.

Kritz

Banned
Keep with community fir a bit. Or at least watch the paintball episode. He gets... Less... Okay, no he doesn't. But at some point he stops being the main character in place of Abed / Troy. Kind of. Not really. Watch more of it!

Also, breaking bad.

(though I did watch Spartacus by myself).

I too watched Spartacus alone, although I honestly think if the other half had watched more than one episode she would have enjoyed it. It is just too bad that the first episode was a complete mess of Zack Snyder proportions.

BanShunsaku said:
I too watched Spartacus alone, although I honestly think if the other half had watched more than one episode she would have enjoyed it. It is just too bad that the first episode was a complete mess of Zack Snyder proportions.
I tried to get her to watch an episode of Gods of the Arena with me, so she sat down and like a minute later *BAM XENA-LAYLA-BATIATUS THREESOME* and she looked at me like I was the biggest deviant in the world and stopped watching.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Community is a bit like Arrested Development, where half the humour comes from learning about the characters and their running jokes, so for that reason the first episode is always kinda meh. Watch a few more and see how it fares then.

legend166

Suits is good but the good looking girl isn't in it enough. She shows up in like two scenes per episode.

Definitely stick with Community. It becomes a lot more ensemble based as it goes.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Don't give up on one of the greatest commedies of our generation so easily, that is Jeffs character at the start yes. but unlike many other comedies, the characters change and grow.

Jintor

What the fuck Macquarie wireless, why are you a complete piece of shit

Connect connect connect SUPER LOW RECEPTION stay connected stay connected DROP FOR NO REASON validating validating validating LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY waiting for network to be ready CONNECTED CONNECT CONNECTED drop AUTOMATICALLY CONNECT TO SHITTIER OUTDATED NETWORK WITH INVALID SECURITY CERTIFICATE son of a bitch

/Community is brilliant, stick with it. S1 is $20 at JB, S2 should be out soon.

Shaneus

Needs more THE LEAGUE to be mentioned. Seriously... it's criminal that it doesn't get shown here. Most consistently funny show I've seen in ages.

jambo

So the Optus reception at my new house is terrible. I've had bad call quality, multiple dropped calls and I never get 3G.

I should be able to cancel my contract with Optus right? Had a quick look at Whingepool and it looks like you can do it pretty easily.

If I want to keep the phone I'll likely have to pay the remaining handset repayments, but I don't really care about hanging on to my phone. I was going to get a new one next year anyway, so I could just get one either through a Telstra contract or buying online.

Advice?

Shaneus said:
Needs more THE LEAGUE to be mentioned. Seriously... it's criminal that it doesn't get shown here. Most consistently funny show I've seen in ages.

I've seen the first episode or two and wasn't digging it. Does it get better? I've heard good things

Kritz

Banned
So it appears some people have decided the speed limit change in Hobart to mean red lights are irrelevant.

Almost got totalled by some bitch driver when a friend was driving me home from uni. Asshole just kept going like it was nothing.

Kritz said:
So it appears some people have decided the speed limit change in Hobart to mean red lights are irrelevant.

Almost got totalled by some bitch driver when a friend was driving me home from uni. Asshole just kept going like it was nothing.

They have traffic lights in Tasmania?

Bernbaum said:
The League.
Season 8 of Curb your Enthusiasm (one of the strongest runs yet).
Friday Night Lights (there's 5 seasons of it).
Re-attempt to get into Mad Men (I disliked it strongly on first viewing, gave it a second chance and loved it).
IT Crowd (in case you live under a rock and haven't watched it yet).
The Complete Black Books for like $40 on DVD.
This man has great taste. Also Archer.

Also lol at tassie bashing.

jambo said:
So the Optus reception at my new house is terrible. I've had bad call quality, multiple dropped calls and I never get 3G.

I should be able to cancel my contract with Optus right? Had a quick look at Whingepool and it looks like you can do it pretty easily.

If I want to keep the phone I'll likely have to pay the remaining handset repayments, but I don't really care about hanging on to my phone. I was going to get a new one next year anyway, so I could just get one either through a Telstra contract or buying online.

Advice?

You should just be able to cancel it outright and not have to pay anything. if the phone company is no longer providing the promised service, ie. phone coverage/reception then you can cancel without being hit for any fees. you will also be able to keep the phone etc.

jambo

Marshmellow said:
You should just be able to cancel it outright and not have to pay anything. if the phone company is no longer providing the promised service, ie. phone coverage/reception then you can cancel without being hit for any fees. you will also be able to keep the phone etc.

I can see them not charging any fees related to the contract part, but the phone repayments, surely I'd have to either pay the rest out or give them the phone back. The service is the part that's playing up, not the phone.

I'll try.

jambo said:
I can see them not charging any fees related to the contract part, but the phone repayments, surely I'd have to either pay the rest out or give them the phone back. The service is the part that's playing up, not the phone.

I'll try.

You might have to pay the phone out, BUT is the phone not part of the contract? if so (it should be) then the contract breach makes it null and void, hence you get to keep everything without charge.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HolyCheck said:
Don't give up on one of the greatest commedies of our generation so easily, that is Jeffs character at the start yes. but unlike many other comedies, the characters change and grow.

Wait what, No he doesn't. The biggest flaw in community is that none of the characters actually grow, It's fucking frustrating.

Kritz

Banned
evlcookie said:
Wait what, No he doesn't. The biggest flaw in community is that none of the characters actually grow, It's fucking frustrating.

What? How can you say that after Chevy Chase's character's arc in season 2?

hamchan

Community is good. Not the greatest thing ever but compared to the other shitty comedies that are on now and are somehow popular it's like a shining beacon of hope. Can't believe Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory get the highest ratings nowadays. 15 years ago it used to be quality shows like Seinfeld.

Oh good. After waiting nearly a week for money to clear into paypal, i finally bought space marine. Only to forget to update my delivery details and order it to my old address.

I've emailed them and changed the details on my account but I'm going to be pissed if I end up donating a copy of it to whoever lives in my old place

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:

If you cant see a difference between the characters in the first few episodes, and the last few of season one, or even into season two. Then you're clearly missing something...
Kritz said:
What? How can you say that after Chevy Chase's character's arc in season 2?

Or Abeds ability to function socially, or Troys ability to not be a sports jock, or Annies ability to be hot.

Top Bottom