• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Deeku

RandomVince said:
The question is wrong then. You should wait until the bike has gone and until you are certain that your view isnt blocked by the van. In reality, I'd be waiting until it had moved given there isnt much you could see behind it.
yeah, as long as your view is blocked by something, don't go.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
BanShunsaku said:
Cookie how's the new Mastodon?

Reminds me of their older stuff, just shorter songs with a little bit of aggression behind it. Nothing has stood out though during my first listen. There's certainly some interesting sounds being thrown into the mix.

Will need more listens.

Who wants to get rid of the background and make me a nice transparent avatar? I don't have photoshop on this machine :(

I promise a fun animated gif as reward!

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
http://mylicence.sa.gov.au/hpt2/3/5

I'm trying to figure out how to get "Well done" on this one, I can't seem to find an answer?

You can't click straight away since there's a car coming, you can't click after the car since there's a bike and you can't click after the bike since the video ends.

cookie this is one of the most common HPT test scenarios

unless that truck moves you should never go because you cannot see the other lane, no matter how much drivers behind you are getting pissed off.

Yagharek

Choc said:
cookie this is one of the most common HPT test scenarios

unless that truck moves you should never go because you cannot see the other lane, no matter how much drivers behind you are getting pissed off.

In Melbourne, you wait until the van goes, listen to hoons behind you beeping their horns, then you flip them the bird, lock your door, wind up your windows, watch them get out of their car, come up to your window and get shot.

Click the video when think is the best time you should stop bleeding.

Choc

Banned
here is the best tip for the HPT test

'you've just borrowed your best mates brand new $450,000 ferrari and are driving it'

how do you drive that car

Omikron

Fusebox said:
I like them both a lot, but I far prefer Mastodon, although that might have to with the size of their catalogue compared to Baroness. More Mastodon to love.

Yah perhaps, but I just can't get into Mastodon, dunno why, just doesn't click :D

BanShunsaku said:
Who wants to get rid of the background and make me a nice transparent avatar? I don't have photoshop on this machine :(

I promise a fun animated gif as reward!

Reminds me, was time I changed twitter thingy.

RandomVince said:
In Melbourne, you wait until the van goes, listen to hoons behind you beeping their horns, then you flip them the bird, lock your door, wind up your windows, watch them get out of their car, come up to your window and get shot.

Click the video when think is the best time you should stop bleeding.
Hey! It's the most liveable city in the world.

Fusebox

Banned
http://www.brendanshanahan.net/html/opinion/op_melbourne.html

“Melbourne is more European,” announced one of its citizens to me recently. Really? Which part of Europe - Bulgaria? The blast radius of Chernobyl? Standing in St Kilda, staring out at the leaden water and the creaky amusements of Luna Park, you could be forgiven for thinking you were in Odessa or Gdansk but, on the whole, Melbourne resembles a European capital in the way I resemble Catherine Zeta Jones on a good morning.

Like a girl in a sack dress and glasses trying to pass herself off as smart simply because she is dowdy, Melbourne is trying very hard to convince us it is something it is not. Then again, if you lived in a windswept disused mineshaft built around a stretch of water that makes Botany Bay look like the Copacabana you'd feel the need to dream occasionally too.

Zing.

evlcookie said:
Reminds me of their older stuff, just shorter songs with a little bit of aggression behind it. Nothing has stood out though during my first listen. There's certainly some interesting sounds being thrown into the mix.

Will need more listens.

Looking forward to listening to it tonight.

In terms of metal type music, I don't listen to much. I kinda can't take too much death growling, which is probably why I enjoy the new Opeth.

I have the weirdest taste in music. Today I've listened to RJD2, Nero, Ladytron, Wilco, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, and Mastodon :/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Choc said:

'you've just borrowed your best mates brand new $450,000 ferrari and are driving it'

Yup. Don't go until you can 100% see that theres nothing coming from all angles

and slow down the second you notice anything coming up that may require you to slow down

Deeku

Choc said:

I would find a highway and floor it lol.

I'm sure cookie has gotten more than enough tips from whirlpool.

Best tips are:
-don't turn unless you are 100% sure it's safe. usually it's fine not to turn at all because they won't fail you for being too safe.
-never overtake a truck by going into the wrong side of the road
-slow down immediately when you see a sign
-slow down when there are lots of parked cars (in case a crazy lady jumps out with a pram or a dickhead opens his door)

That's all I can think of now.

Fusebox

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
Looking forward to listening to it tonight.

In terms of metal type music, I don't listen to much. I kinda can't take too much death growling, which is probably why I enjoy the new Opeth.

I have the weirdest taste in music. Today I've listened to RJD2, Nero, Ladytron, Wilco, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, and Mastodon :/

Get rid of MJ and Lady Gaga and we'd have similar tastes.

Fusebox

Banned
Omi said:
If you like prog / metal, but also have a penchant for a bit of pop, Porcupine Tree is your band. Godly.

Cool they're up on Spotify so why not, I'm listening to The Incident now. Is that a good album to start with?

Omikron

BanShunsaku said:
I've only recently started listening to Porcupine Tree! So good

Best live band I have ever fucking seen. By a distance.

Fusebox said:
Cool they're up on Spotify so why not, I'm listening to The Incident now. Is that a good album to start with?

Yeah maybe, depends on your tastes I think, Incident is pretty concept album heavy. If you want more pop rock, hit up In Absentia or maybe Deadwing.

Other than that I recommend Fear of a Blank Planet for metal fans.

Omi said:
If you like prog / metal, but also have a penchant for a bit of pop, Porcupine Tree is your band. Godly.
This man has nice opinions. People should be nicer to him.

Also Fear of a Blank Planet is the best of their newer stuff. Brilliant over multiple plays and in 5.1.

Fusebox

Banned
Fear of a Blank Planet it is then.

May I return the prog suggestion with one of my own:

Cynic - Traced In Air.

I listen to it every few days and it STILL blows me away. Just epic...

Fusebox

Banned
You should realise that by the very definition of the word start, I can really only start with one album.

Listening to Fear of a Blank Planet at the moment, just waiting for the good bit... :p

Omi said:
And if you are a fan and haven't seen the DVD/Bluray Anesthetize, do your self a favour etc.
You should buy it even if you AREN'T a fan. Great show. Also smoke some weed. Trippy. Great musicians.

DEATH DROPS THE UNEXPECTED BOMBSHELL

jambo

DeathJr said:
Of course, though I've lost interest in the past years. T20 is best.

ngdPL.gif

I remember being into music and discovering all these great bands nobody else had ever heard of.

You know I had a girl break up with me partly because I couldn't be arsed to do that anymore?

Omi said:
Baroness >>>>> Mastodon.

Shut your whore mouth.
But seriously Baroness are amazing, but the Red Album was so much better than the Blue Record. If Blue had been as good I would have probably been in the same boat as you. Instead Mastodon come out well on top. If Crack the Skye, which I didn't love, was by another band I would have thought it was amazing, but instead it had to try and top Blood Mountain and Leviathan, two of the best metal albums of the decade.

Fusebox

Banned
Omi said:
@Fusebox - Fair enough if you aren't feeling it, happens, they do have 20 years worth of back catalogue to try out however. :p

Not if Fear of a Blank is their metal'est album, it's way too middle of the road for me, although it is my own fault for not taking your 'penchant for pop' comment seriously.

Check out that Cynic album and tell me what you think though.

Yagharek

DeathJr said:
Of course, though I've lost interest in the past years. T20 is best.

I'm sorry, the discussion was about cricket. T20 has nothing to do with the sport.

legend166 said:
Speaking of cricket, Clarke is tonking round the Lankans as we speak.

In other news, RandomVince is cutting himself.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUU

Top Bottom