• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGaf |Early 2016 Election| - the government's term has been... Shortened

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

I wouldn't trust any exit poll since they are totally unreliable.

I have to be honest though I am bracing for the worst.

hidys

When have polls ever been honest, to be honest?

Exit polls in Australia are always way off ( I still remember 54-46 ALP for the Queensland election), most pre election polls are actually reasonably reliable.

ThoughI do think that minor party preferences are really going to fuck things up this election in terms of polls. I really can't say what is going to happen.

Exit polls overstate the youth vote. If they're saying 50/50 it's probably a shoe in for the Lnp.

And this.

laoni

Yeah, as much as I am not pleased about it, it's likely the liberals will take back parliament. I just have to hope they don't fuck uni students and health over even more :/

DJKhaled

So it's okay for you to vote based on self-interest (sorry, I mean the "nation's interest"), but not for me? The delusion is real.

I never voted in my own self-interest, I voted Greens and Labor because I believe that we need to do something about Climate change, help the poor and sick, marriage equality without paying huge amounts for a bullshit plebiscite, fix the rip-off education system, help younger people, fix the housing market or at least try to and stop corporations running the country. Only one of those things affect me (poor and sick)

Woah.

Been watching the news most of the day and a lot of people are, quite frankly rightly so, about Medicare, more than the media said would be. They may have overblown the scare campaign but people are genuinely worried about it.

Also in some ways I hope Eden-Monaro goes to Labor and Malcolm still falls across the line just so we don't have to put up with people saying its a bellwether.

There's always Lindsay. Gone the way of the Govt since 1984.

Shaneus

NdTWbxA.png

I never voted in my own self-interest, I voted Greens and Labor because I believe that we need to do something about Climate change, help the poor and sick, fix the housing market or at least try to and stop corporations running the country. Only one of those things affect me (poor and sick)

I don't disagree with anything that you said just then, and I think they are all issues worth fighting for. But to be honest, this is the first time I've had to vote based on an immediate and direct impact (or self-interest as you put it) on my livelihood. I'm sorry you see this as an attack on what you deem to be the worthwhile issues, but I'm not sure you'd vote differently if you were in my shoes at this point in time.

Don't forget the Swans have played on election days four times before. When they've won, Labour has won.
Swans up 36 to 27 over ...
...the Western Bulldogs. The most 2nd most 'Labour' team after Collingwood.

It's a funny game football.

D.Lo

Not sure when the last time you tried to set up a place of education was.. but having high end PC's, software licenses (game design software ain't cheap) and highly skilled industry professionals as teachers comes at a price no matter which way you slice it. And then the rent for the buildings on top. I'm not pretending to know the costs either, but you can't just lump all RTO's together and tar them with the same brush.
if your course is so great, just leave it to the open market. People can still enroll and pay, it's just the government won't give people interest free loans to attend.

If nobody will pay, capitalism says your course is not worth the money.

if your course is so great, just leave it to the open market. People can still enroll and pay, it's just the government won't give people interest free loans to attend.

If nobody will pay, capitalism says your course is not worth the money.

You say this like I have some kind of control over my workplace and the decisions being made. I'm not the company director. I'm a teacher. I'm one of the grunts.

hirokazu

Been watching the news most of the day and a lot of people are, quite frankly rightly so, about Medicare, more than the media said would be. They may have overblown the scare campaign but people are genuinely worried about it.
I can't say about the veracity of the claims, but I gotta say Labor's ad where they had Howard, Abbott saying things which they later 180'd then had Malcolm talk about Medicare was brilliant, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was immensely effective.

bomma_man

How does the staggered senate election work next election now that everyone was voted in at the same time.

No one's term will be up in 2019.

This might be a really dumb question but my brain's not working.

Jeff Kennet, Alan Jones, Jackie Lambie and Mark Latham all on channel 7. Must have taken an extraordinary effort to find a panel so unappealing.

Dead Man

LLRUrvv.png

I think they might be jumping the gun a bit wioth 0.5% counted. Reckon they've just dumped the safe seats in the relevant parties column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom