• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusPoliGaf |Early 2016 Election| - the government's term has been... Shortened

Status
Not open for further replies.

laoni

That's rough, bro. Even worse if the election doesn't go your way.

Yeah... I'm hoping with Tassie going red, things'll be a little better, but... when my local hospital I get treatment at, I'm waiting hours to get into the clinic for my appointments due to staffing issues, half the ICU isn't funded, most of the emergency senior staff quitting/reducing hours...

I know most of it is the state government fuckery, less than the federal government, but right now, it's not something I can afford. My chemo's $1000+ per month, maybe $3500 per 21 days if I change in a few weeks. I'm a poor 21 year old uni student, I can't really afford more health care fuckery

Wyatt Roy in trouble. Might need to see if local high schools are accepting returning students semester 2.

Looks like 12-13 to Labor atm, 1 or 2 labor to liberal, 1 or 2 NXT and WA still to come.

elfinke

No hope New England will be a independent win right?

Surely a huge batch for Windsor will come in right?

Still hoping for Armidale and perhaps Tamworth to provide some numbers, but Antony seemed to think that there were already enough first preferences for BJ that it won't matter. I think the last graph had BJ in by a 6% margin, which is a decent swing but not nearly enough.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
$2.50 a snag in bread at my local.

$2 for snag and onions on some white bread, with choice of Masterfoods squeezie bottle tomato or barbecue, and $2 for a can of drink.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There was no vegetarian option so I voted Greens in protest.

dity

$1.50 for a sausage sandwich at my booth, but $2.50 for a can of drink. There was also cakes and sweets too.

Looking at the senate results, no idea how early it is, the AEC website doesn't say. Probably very early. Get prepared for 2-3 One Nation reps. 2 from QLD and maybe even 1 from NSW.

I have hope for the first time this campaign. Fuck.

The last 2 days I've been pretty dejected thinking there wouldn't be much change, but at least Turnbull is going to get a good kicking and a ructious senate for his DD hubris.

EatChildren

Looking at the senate results, no idea how early it is, the AEC website doesn't say. Probably very early. Get prepared for 2-3 One Nation reps. 2 from QLD and maybe even 1 from NSW.

I know numerous people voting for One Nation and I've been saying it for a long time now that they'll get their reps. Toxicity.

You've embraced all they've stood for? Well I now know what to think of you. Thanks.

Well to date they have not come up with any policy that has directly affected me........
So I will continue to throw my support behind solid government :)

Have you been hibernating for the last three years of the LNP shitshow?

And Labor's own shit show between 2007 - 2012/13 was any better ? :p It was far far far worse.

Children overboard. Silence on on-water activities. Self immolation. Prosecution for whistleblowers. Work Choices. Climate Change denial. Hawthorn supporter.

Ahhh my old mate from the previous election, how I have missed you after all of this time :-D

darkace

Banned
Mathias sounds like an Australian Schwarzenegger. This is so surreal.

Also Penny will never be PM. She's an Asian lesbian female. I love her but lets not pretend that after Gillard we are at all ready for more.

BowieZ

Banned
I think both parties have had a shitshow behind the scenes (Rudd-Gillard-Rudd vs Turnbull-Abbott-Turnbull) but there simply weren't as many leaks about LNP, while they weren't actually in power but Labor was, and Bishop and others have done a fantastic job of acting loyal.

EatChildren

"I've got mine" is like the 101 of life long Liberal supports so whatever.

EDIT: Which candidate will get me my tax return quicker? I'll vote for them.

Fucking lovely. And yes, they have, even if you are too ignorant to notice.

Well which one einstein ?

You could easily just blurt out their technology/nbn deal HOWEVER I couldn't give two shits about the internet speed, the current speed more than suits my needs.:

Well to date they have not come up with any policy that has directly affected me........
So I will continue to throw my support behind solid government
You don't use internet? Or have blood tests? Among many many other things that probably affect you directly or indirectly.

dity

LNP's work for the dole scheme resulted in me having a breakdown, and their $4 an hour slavery scheme for job seekers is just as bad. No thanks.

So I will continue to throw my support behind solid government :)

And Labor's own shit show between 2007 - 2012/13 was any better ? :p It was far far far worse.

Ahhh my old mate from the previous election, how I have missed you after all of this time :-D

So you're comparing a minority govt that passed all its budgets versus a govt with a 29 seat majority that only got one budget through?

BowieZ

Banned
Well which one einstein ?

You could easily just blurt out their technology/nbn deal HOWEVER I couldn't give two shits about the internet speed, the current speed more than suits my needs.:
Personally I like to try and vote towards something that does the most good to the most people, rather than simply voting out of my own selfish interests.

If A will improve my life relatively minimally but B will improve the lives of thousands greatly, I will happily vote the latter.

For example, better NBN especially to regional Australia, marriage equality*, investment in health and education, and slightly higher spending will have almost little impact on most people, but the benefits could in the long run will probably greatly improve the lives of many.

*I know social conservatives hate the idea of gay marriage but it honestly will not affect them at all.

LNP's work for the dole scheme resulted in me having a breakdown, and their $4 an hour slavery scheme for job seekers is just as bad. No thanks.
I'm sorry to hear that :( someone close to me had a huge breakdown for similar reasons. Goddamn awful policies.

You don't use internet? Or have blood tests? Among many many other things that probably affect you directly or indirectly.

I use internet derpppppppppppppppppppppp. I am 100% fine with the speed it is now though :).

I have NEVER had a blood test that I can remember - would have been a baby or thereabouts.

Personally I like to try and vote towards something that does the most good to the most people, rather than simply voting out of my own selfish interests.

If A will improve my life relatively minimally but B will improve the lives of thousands greatly, I will happily vote the latter.

In that case I refuse to vote for a party that will spend spend spend spend and never try to recoup the cost of all of their spending :)

Yagharek

I use internet derpppppppppppppppppppppp. I am 100% fine with the speed it is now though :).

I have NEVER had a blood test that I can remember - would have been a baby or thereabouts.

I am certain you will have perfect health forever and internet speeds will be sufficient with copper until at least 2095.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom