• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berdych will surely fancy his chances against Nadal. If he can't beat him now, he's never going to happen at a slam for him. Though, to be predictable and boring, I really want to see how a Murray vs. Nadal GS SF plays out in 2015.

Really want to see Dimitrov vs. Kyrgios in the quarters. But goddam Seppi is GOATing that first serve. So flat and pinpoint accuracy. You just don't see many flat serves these days and with Seppi's height it's the perfect one for him. Nick just wouldn't have experienced something like this in the juniors.....

Seppi is playing like prime Coria from the back of the court. Hovering that baseline, taking it early, using angles as well. Combined with that flat serve. Oh boy!

Seppi is playing like prime Coria from the back of the court. Hovering that baseline, taking it early, using angles as well. Combined with that flat serve. Oh boy!

It's one of those games where the other guy just cracks at the business end of each set. Sustained crisp hitting from Seppi and, as I type, he hits a beautiful forehand passing shot. He's coming up with the answers when pushed on his serve.

Fake Edit : Wow! What a way to seal the second set. Fabulous point.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
murray has definitely picked up his game. of course last year his problem often was a great start and then he faded, so will be interesting to see if he can keep it up for an entire match. better to practice against someone like dimitrov than to wait for nadal or djokovic.

sam777

Kyrgios with a great comeback.
This second set is important in the Murray match, if Dimitrov takes it I wouldn't be surprised if Murray fades away later in the match.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
shame we couldn't see federer-kyrgios. now kyrgios made a quarter run with a joke of a draw.

edit: murray broken by a double when serving for the second. let's see if he crumbles. fortunately for him he's against dimitrov, who can be trusted to bottle important tiebreaks.

Murray really needed that set. Dimitrov just isn't going to go away physically. It's amazing how much his fitness has improved since cramping in the first set at Roland Garros against Gasquet in 2012.

I think the release of winning that Wimbledon title took something from his game. He's never been quite the same since and it's allowed players like Dmitriov to close the gap. It's no surprise that he's never really come close to winning another slam.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I think the release of winning that Wimbledon title took something from his game. He's never been quite the same since and it's allowed players like Dmitriov to close the gap. It's no surprise that he's never really come close to winning another slam.

i don't think he had that back surgery just for fun though.

Job's a good 'un. Would like to thank Dmitriov for the massive choke. Darth Vader would be proud. Looking forward to Murray vs. Kyrgios. Old guard vs. the new.

Dimitrov just completely lost focus when serving for the set. Everything went Murray's way near the end, and somehow he managed to win in four. He should be able to win the next match too. Last time he played Kyrgios he won 6-2 6-2, and completely dismantled the Aussie's serve.

Peru

Cman Andy, it's baklava time at the bakery next round.

Cman the Mug, take down Serena again.

B8Ms35_CAAAh_vN.jpg

is the new

melanie-oudin-shoes-believe_4.jpg

Dimitrov just completely lost focus when serving for the set. Everything went Murray's way near the end, and somehow he managed to win in four. He should be able to win the next match too. Last time he played Kyrgios he won 6-2 6-2, and completely dismantled the Aussie's serve.

I remember watching that and was disappointed that it was so easy for Murray. It'll be interesting because they've built up this Rod Laver thing, keeping him and Tomic off the court, so his first big match will be a QF against Murray. It could go either way, he'll freeze and be dismantled again or we could see something special. I like the idea that Kyrgios has earned the right and his first appearance on Rod Laver will be a huge QF match. He's definitely earned it. It was such a fun match to watch, his win vs. Seppi.

Anyway, looking forward to the match-up; it's exciting to see a teenager mixing it up with the established stars. The men's game has, in recent years, put up this huge barrier for young talent to climb over, and many of them just can't do it until they're in their twenties.

Muzza is just going to goad Krgyios into easy errors. He hasn't played guys like Murray on the Australian Junior Circuit. Murray just operates on a higher plane of existance. There are no obstacles to a Rafa vs. Djokovic final.

miserable

Muzza is just going to goad Krgyios into easy errors. He hasn't played guys like Murray on the Australian Junior Circuit. Murray just operates on a higher plane of existance. There are no obstacles to a Rafa vs. Djokovic final.

even if that happens, what makes you think Rafa can beat the Djoker?

miserable

when djokovic sees rafa on the court he will be crushed by debilitating flashbacks of crashing into the net.

when Djoker sees Rafa he'll say to himself "look at this cripple, thinking he can just waltz back into a GS final after being out, imma put him in his place", then proceed to straight set him all the way back to Mallorca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom