• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memles

What was Milos discussing with the umpire? I had the sound off and wasn't paying attention.

Provided it was the moment I was thinking of, there was a point where Becker's dampener flew off mid-point, but the umpire didn't stop play. Milos lost that point, and so he started to make a case about hindrance/distraction, unsuccessfully.

Yay Nishikori. Djokovic will steamroll the next two sets so I don't feel a need to stay up any more for that. God damn Australian time zone ;P

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this time he managed to go from 5-1 to 5-6. i think simon will consume his soul shang tsung style if he actually loses this.

IISANDERII

Finally, been waiting for Keys to make an impression for a long while. Love her potential and power. And, interestingly, one of the very few women who do the Federer/Djokovic/Ranoic platform style serve.

Too bad for Kvitova, she been striking the ball well and running around to hit forehands like i never seen, looking very trim. Hope she don't go on an eating crusade after this.

Diamond

So, by the looks of it, Djokovic-Raonic and Wawrinka-Nishikori QFs in the first half of the draw ? I don't really see their opponents winning (well, Ferrer maybe has a chance but he'll have to seriously step up his game, Nishikori does what he does but better.).

Could be great matches. Raonic is improving, so it would be interesting to see if he can challenge Novak, and Wawrinka-Nishi was easily the best match of the last US Open.

Other part of the draw QFs seems less predictable.

Keys the future of US tennis

Era of Oudin
Era of Sloane
Era of Keys

Where da future of Male US tennis at

Coming to America in 2016. The new USTA training facility will have more clay courts than hard courts to model the European training facilities. Clay game translates to all surfaces, and in theory the US will be able to churn out more contenders by developing them on clay. I'm hoping the US government will hand select athletes at a young age to reside at this resort for their entire youth to become the best tennis players they can be. At age 18, they will be allowed to see their parents again. Its a proven system for athletes in China, so it could work here too!

lakenona_revisedaerial_v3_small_-_620_x_313.jpg

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Coming to America in 2016. The new USTA training facility will have more clay courts than hard courts to model the European training facilities.

are those blue or green clay courts? not seeing many red ones. i guess they don't take too kindly to anything too red in amuricah.

IISANDERII

Era of Oudin
Era of Sloane
Era of Keys

Coming to America in 2016. The new USTA training facility will have more clay courts than hard courts to model the European training facilities. Clay game translates to all surfaces, and in theory the US will be able to churn out more contenders by developing them on clay. I'm hoping the US government will hand select athletes at a young age to reside at this resort for their entire youth to become the best tennis players they can be. At age 18, they will be allowed to see their parents again. Its a proven system for athletes in China, so it could work here too!

8 red clay and the rest is shitty Har tru? Looks like the wait will be for a few more generations yet.

Radwanska may have to get through 4 consecutive Americans to make the final. She beat Lepchenko (USA) in the 3rd round, will face Venus (USA) in the 4th round, then will face either Brengle (USA) or Keys (USA) in the QF, then if the seeds hold, she'll face Serena (USA) in the semi final

def. more hard courts there than clay.

I guess there was an initial misunderstanding. The facility is made up of a few different sub-facilities. One for developing juniors/future pros (tournament area), one for collegiate prospects, and an area for youth with smaller courts. The main Tournament/League section along with the player development section of the facility does in fact have more clay than hard (32 clay/24 hard) , and this is the area that most of the US pro prospects will do their training

The divisions for the facility will include:

A tournament and league area that will include 24 clay courts, 16 hard courts and two player pavilions. This area will also feature a tournament administration office that will include trainer rooms, a stringer area, player lounge, public restrooms and a check-in area.

A collegiate tennis area that will feature 12 hard courts and one future tournament show court, allowing two collegiate matches to be played simultaneously. The courts will be equipped for television and have seating for 1,200 people, and the area will feature a two-story pavilion for concessions, public restrooms, team locker rooms and areas for trainers and officials. This area will serve as the home of the University of Central Florida men’s and women’s varsity tennis programs.

A Team USA area that will include 12 hard courts. The courts will be utilized by the 17 USTA sections, along with coaches and their players throughout the country, to work collaboratively with USTA Player Development.

A high performance and player development area that will include eight hard courts and eight red clay courts for USTA Player Development, with plans for six covered courts in the future. The space includes dorms that can house 32 boys and girls as well as a strength and conditioning space.

Eight 36-foot and eight 60-foot courts that will enable youth and adults to develop their games.

A USTA office building. The ground floor will include a tennis pro shop, fitness area, locker rooms, player lounge and cafeteria, with USTA offices occupying the second floor.

http://www.usta.com/About-USTA/usta_to_launch_new_home_for_american_tennis/

Ricker

Bouchard wont be happy with that win,man that was close...

And I dont think Bouchard will be asked to twirl in the post game chats anymore lol ;)

Young
Harrison
Isner & Sock?

Sock? maybe

I know this may blow your mind like it did mine, but Isner turns 30 years old in April.

He's past his physical prime, so any improvements would need to be on his tactics.
I think its too late in his career to win a major. I know Wawrinka did it for the first time at that age, but he was already going into week 2 of majors regularly before he finally broke through to win a slam. Isner has only made it past the 4th round one time in his career.

MIMIC

Banned
Sock? maybe

I didn't say bright future =p

Tennis for American men is in the shitter right now. There'll be a few blips of success here and there, but as for a "dominant force", I see none.

But I don't really care. As long as we have Serena, it's cool. At least SOMEONE is making the Americans look good.

LuuKyK

Maria peaked in that match.

I dont remember when was the last time she hit so many dropshots and volleys successfully (if ever lol).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I didn't say bright future =p

Tennis for American men is in the shitter right now. There'll be a few blips of success here and there, but as for a "dominant force", I see none.

But I don't really care. As long as we have Serena, it's cool. At least SOMEONE is making the Americans look good.

The Bryan Bros are doubles legends too. Too bad nobody cares about doubles :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom