• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nishikori just doesn't have the fitness level that his game requires him to have to compete at the highest level. Ferrer, WaWa, Djokovic is a heavy gauntlet to go through. Then a fresh Rafa.

I would very much like Bouchard and Kyrgios to go all the way and lift their maiden slam titles. Of course, this thing called reality will prove to be a major stumbling block to their lofty ambitions. But, as long as it's not Djokovic, I'm fine with whoever wins. I've never taken to Djokovic; don't dislike him, just don't particularly like him either. It doesn't help that he stopped Del Potro from reaching the Wimbledon final in 2013. That was kind of unforgivable.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I would very much like Bouchard and Kyrgios to go all the way and lift their maiden slam titles. Of course, this thing called reality will prove to be a major stumbling block to their lofty ambitions. But, as long as it's not Djokovic, I'm fine with whoever wins. I've never taken to Djokovic; don't dislike him, just don't particularly like him either. It doesn't help that he stopped Del Potro from reaching the Wimbledon final in 2013. That was kind of unforgivable.

I can't see Kyrgios doing it. Kyrgios is very unlikely to make it past Murray just because of match-up reasons, Murray loves big serves and Kyrgios' own return is poor enough that Murray's own serves won't be as big a liability as they usually are. I'd be very surprised if that one went over 4 sets and frankly shocked if Kyrgios won.

Bouchard could potentially win just because the women's side tends to be so erratic that it's difficult to make predictions with confidence. Having said that, I'd rather she didn't, can't stand her. :p

I can't decide whether Murray's form is good or not. On the one hand, he made 2 unforced errors in the last 5 games of the match against Dimitrov, which is pretty incredible - it's easy to say Dimitrov choked but Murray was also incredible on the tight points. On the other hand, that should have been a 3-set match - the fact he didn't take the 2nd set was a bit shameful, up a break twice and loses both of them and then plays horrendously in the tie-break? Meh. Still, good that he was tested.

MIMIC

Banned
I went to bed after Seppi won the first two sets. I'm watching the replay on ESPN.

Seppi let it get to 5? xD
Krygios lead 4-2 in the 5th? xD

(I can't reply to anything cuz I don't wanna get spoiled)

MIMIC

Banned
Dimitrov lost?

gFCU7mz.gif

Baby Gasquet fails to deliver yet again. lol

I can't see Kyrgios doing it. Kyrgios is very unlikely to make it past Murray just because of match-up reasons, Murray loves big serves and Kyrgios' own return is poor enough that Murray's own serves won't be as big a liability as they usually are. I'd be very surprised if that one went over 4 sets and frankly shocked if Kyrgios won.

Bouchard could potentially win just because the women's side tends to be so erratic that it's difficult to make predictions with confidence. Having said that, I'd rather she didn't, can't stand her. :p

I can't decide whether Murray's form is good or not. On the one hand, he made 2 unforced errors in the last 5 games of the match against Dimitrov, which is pretty incredible - it's easy to say Dimitrov choked but Murray was also incredible on the tight points. On the other hand, that should have been a 3-set match - the fact he didn't take the 2nd set was a bit shameful, up a break twice and loses both of them and then plays horrendously in the tie-break? Meh. Still, good that he was tested.

I'd agree. Kyrgios has done well to make it this far. He's had a good draw and took advantage of it. Murray, at this best, should be far too much for him. I'd say that the 4th round match was the first big test for Murray; a player that had beaten him easily at Wimbledon, and one, going into the match, with the game and the confidence to give him trouble. Dmitriov played well and was relentless in getting the ball back, but both were a little erratic when the pressure was on. At 5-2 in the fourth, Murray seemed to settle and played incredibly well to reel off those 5 straight games. Dmitriov blinked and Murray hit him with all he had.

I expect Murray to make the SF. I'm also rooting for Nadal to make it to the semis as well, because it's an interesting set-up, a SF encounter between Nadal and Murray. With Nadal coming back from injury and Murray looking to re-establish himself amongst the games elite, it would be a perfect opportunity for either of them to lay down a marker for the season ahead.

MIMIC

Banned
-What do you think about your upcoming match with Sharapova?
-Who?

-What do you think about your upcoming match with Bouchard?
-Who?

IISANDERII

That was some fantastic tennis. I was surprised at how well Dimitrov played considering he was just taken down a peg from a thorough lashing by Federer A few weeks ago.

MIMIC

Banned
She got a big booty so I call her big booty!

EDIT: Pam Shriver needs to shut up.

"Serena will not have a slow start today." OMG....how the eff do you know that? I hate when commentators speak so definitively...especially about the favorite.

MIMIC

Banned
Damn.....Serena came to the net on the most unlikeliest of approaches. But won the point with a great volley

EDIT: Even though Serena DF'd already, she looked EXTREMELY focused. She has already been to the net twice, and it has only been 1 game

She got a big booty so I call her big booty!

EDIT: Pam Shriver needs to shut up.

"Serena will not have a slow start today." OMG....how the eff do you know that? I hate when commentators speak so definitively...especially about the favorite.

I guess it's only fitting that Serena is down in early break

Pam is the queen of commentary jinx

MIMIC

Banned
I could have sworn Wawrinka was just up a break. How is GGL serving for the set? xD

EDIT: Serena needs to get her ass back inside the baseline.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I was surprised Stan was having so much trouble, but I guess they're even in their head to head. 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom