• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sharapova goes a bit overboard with her screaming everytime she hits the ball :/

Silexx

I think they need to do something to cut down on the extreme grunting that some players do *cough*sharapova&azarenka*cough*

It's annoying to me as a viewer and probably doubly annoying to their opponents and probably really distracting.

I thought that was kinda the point.

MIMIC

Banned
I think they need to do something to cut down on the extreme grunting that some players do *cough*sharapova&azarenka*cough*

It's annoying to me as a viewer and probably doubly annoying to their opponents and probably really distracting.

I've never played anyone who grunts. But I saw this guy practicing volleys, and he was making this weird grunting noise. It was Azarenka-like. It was so bizarre....and hilarious.

I wanted to go up to him, and go, "Dude. Are you serious?"

MIMIC

Banned
Is it just me or is cliff drysdale annoying?

lol

I find it a little weird when he states the obvious....or gives irrelevant information and makes it a point of emphasis.

"Listen here, guys. Maria Sharpova -- you listening? Pay attention now. Maria Sharapova is from Russia. Eugenie Bouchard is from Canada. I'm not pulling your leg here, fellas."

Kifimbo

Bouchard serve needs to be better. Biggest difference in this game. Sharapvo wins easy points because of her serve, Bouchard can't.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The only way Sharapova was going to lose this match was if her serve was shit today. Otherwise she's just way too strong for Bouchard.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Bouchard totally exposed. She has a lot of work to do still.

Ricker

Bouchard totally exposed. She has a lot of work to do still.

Yep...she didnt play that bad but she tries too hard to always make the perfect shot and her serve is getting better but still a little weak...oh well,I think she will have a good year again though.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm calling for the upset: Berdych over Nadal

Berdych is playing some fine tennis and Nadal is a weeeeeee bit vulnerable. And it's not like Nadal has been routing Berdych all these years (similar to how a lot of the Wawrinka-Nadal matches have been relatively close).

To me, this match-up has hinged on mental strength, not game styles. Berdych, as a big hitter, matches up quite well with Nadal, but apparently lacks that belief to get over the hump. Same could be said for his game against Djokovic.

But since this 18 match differential is looming, that might put even MORE pressure on him. >_<

LuuKyK

Omg, I lost it at the challenge from Maria. PEAK challenge-pova.

THAT BALL WAS A FEET OUT OF COURSE I AM GONNA CHALLENGE IT! *bitchystare*

*ball clipps the line* - oh...

Otherwise she played really well, especially on serve, surprisingly. I would say she is a lock in the final if she keeps this form.

I know its too late to make drastic changes to form, but I don't think Bouchard is going to get very far with her frying pan ground stroke.

I call it purse-swing groundstrokes personally. But frying pan is goo too. It looks very breakable like she is gonna shank every single ball, I am surprised she can hit so many winners with it.

Eugenie is still pretty rough around the edges. She's got tons of power but doesn't know how to use it properly yet (hence all the unforced errors).

She's only 20 years old though. Give her another couple years of refinement and I'm sure she'll be a dominant player.

agrajag

Banned
Berdych has some weird looking legs/knees. They're muscly, but kind of wrinkly and the quads kind of drape themselves over the knee caps.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Good start. I'm skeptical whether he can keep it up though. He hasn't lost a set all tourney though.

agrajag

Banned
Yeah, but we've been there before. See Smyzcek.

Are you saying Birdshit is on the same level as Smyzcek? It's not like he was getting completely obliterated all 17 matches. All he needs is for Nadal's level to dip (which it has, considerably so) and he has a decent chance at winning a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom