• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
it's better for murray to win this though. even if berdych gets it done, this match has shown very clearly that he would get schooled by djokovic in the final. at least with murray there is a chance that djokovic will start clowning again.

but really, stan is our only real hope here. but i don't think he can do it again, and after his heroic services to tennis last year he shouldn't even be expected to. that'll do, pig. that'll do.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, wasn't expecting this. Was hoping Murray would win, but thought it'd be close and was sort of half resigned to a loss; then I wake up and find he's bagelled Berdych and is now line-painting in fantastic form? Okay, then.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Choke has a specific meaning, you can't just use it to describe any losing player. It's when you play better than the other person on normal points but then lose all the important ones. That's not happening - Murray is playing better than Berdych on the normal points, too. No choke here, you're just watching a more complete player beat a less complete one.

Faddy

Banned
Watching with German commentary. Just heard my first wunderbar and apparently there is no German word for sweet spot.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
berdych really should be slamming this crappy serving from murray

Berdych's FS rate is lower than Murray's is. Admittedly, Murray's second serve is a lot worse than Berdych's but his first serve is better at the moment - been more accurate, and has generated a lot more aces.

Berdych's FS rate is lower than Murray's is. Admittedly, Murray's second serve is a lot worse than Berdych's but his first serve is better at the moment - been more accurate, and has generated a lot more aces.

over the course of the match yeah but you have to take your chances, especially when you're behind.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
over the course of the match yeah but you have to take your chances, especially when you're behind.

True. Berdych actually has quite a good RoS but he keeps trying to go neutral with it, you're right he should take the risks at this point.

murray has played really well at key points but he can't assume djokovic/wawrinka will let him off with those lapses of concentration in the final.

edit

and they'll prey off his shitty serving if that comes up

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray back at No.4 now, even if Wawrinka wins the final. If Murray wins, he's No.3.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's not choking when the other guy has more aces, less double faults, a better first serve percentage, better win rate on first serve, better win rate on second serve, better win rate on first serve return, better win rate on second serve return, more winners, less errors, better break point conversion, and more successful net approaches. You're just a worse player.

I sense bitterness from the haters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, he won't beat Djokovic, but he was just better than Berdych, there's not much more to it.

Nadal would be filthy that this version of Berdych didn't show up the other day.

Nadal can't have any complaints. He played right into Berdych's sweet spot by hitting so many short balls. Murray, on the other hand, just did not allow him to settle and had him on the back foot as soon as the first set ended.

krYlon

I hope Murray wins in the final but I can't see it happening if it's Djokovic. I know he's beaten him a couple of times in GS finals but not at the Aus open. He'd have to really raise his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom