• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2015 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keys looks like a future Slam winner going forward.

Keys was toe to toe with Serena, hitting her own share of aces, hitting big from the ground, not blinking for the most part (except that sitter return down 5-3 in the tiebreak).

Serena had to play her A game at the end of that set to pull it off, just barely.
Great stuff from both players.

Keys looks like the best American female tennis player to come along since the Williams sisters in the late 90s.
No false prophet here (assuming her thigh doesn't become a recurrent issue in her career).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I like how Keys doesn't really seem to get upset. She's had similar reactions in other matches too. Good quality to have.

Serena vs. Sharapova

Serena leads the all time series 16-2
Serena has won 15 straight matches against Sharapova
Serena has won 8 straight sets against Sharapova
Serena is 4-1 vs. Sharapova in grand slam matches
Serena has not lost to Sharapova since the WTA championships in 2004

Okay Peru, give us the other side of the story

Peru

Serena vs. Sharapova

Serena leads the all time series 16-2
Serena has won 15 straight matches against Sharapova
Serena has won 8 straight sets against Sharapova
Serena is 4-1 vs. Sharapova in grand slam matches
Serena has not lost to Sharapova since the WTA championships in 2004

Okay Peru, give us the other side of the story

One of the sets was a tiebreak? Lol. I don't have a good feeling about this tbh. Sometimes I think there's a chance for a competitive match and a few times we've had that for at least part of the match but servebot mode at AO here.. eh. Have to vod both sfs tho.

LuuKyK

Maria can PEAK, if Serena is in her servebot mode (which lets be honest, she will be, I mean, its a final), it wont matter. /shrug

MIMIC

Banned
I don't think I can't stay up for this. >_< I may just watch it later in the day or something.

Hewitt just announced that he is retiring in a year from now to become Australia's Davis Cup Captain.

Wow. Interesting that he's announcing so far ahead of his actual retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom