• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blast of Tempest Ep. 7:
I'm only posting this because I must bow my head in shame and apologize...
Oh and out of these, which offers the best character/relationship developement and story with romance?:

Cross Game
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Higurashi
The Vision of Escaflowne
G Gundam like Nman suggested
Gundam Seed
Hellsing Ultimate
Hyouka
Eureka 7: Astral Ocean
The Story of Saiunkoku

Hyouka is better as a BL.

E7 AO and GSeed gets my vote.

Black Lagoon, you might as well just watch Jormungand, which is a superior retelling of the same story.

JulianImp

...this isn't the threesome ending is it

Soemone mentioned it was made for the Saber fanboys, so I'd say yes. It's probably as tame as what we got in ufo's UBW though, unless they took advantage of it being an OVA to do something more lewd than Rin's "let's take our shirts off and do nothing while CGI dolphins, and then I act all flustered" scene.

Soemone mentioned it was made for the Saber fanboys, so I'd say yes. It's probably as tame as what we got in ufo's UBW though, unless they took advantage of it being an OVA to do something more lewd than Rin's "let's take our shirts off and do nothing while CGI dolphins, and then I act all flustered" scene.

It's not lewd. It's just a slightly extended version of one of the game's alternate endings.

Quasar

Blast of Tempest Ep. 7:
Oh and out of these, which offers the best character/relationship developement and story with romance?:
Cross Game
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Higurashi
The Vision of Escaflowne
Gundam Seed
Hellsing Ultimate
Hyouka
The Story of Saiunkoku

Though I much prefer Hyouka, I guess Full Metal Panic. It has more up front romance. With Hyouka thats just teased a bit.

Phatmac

It's not lewd. Rin just needs Shirou to boost her mana in order to keep Saber ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cross Game
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Higurashi
The Vision of Escaflowne
Gundam Seed
Hellsing Ultimate
Hyouka
The Story of Saiunkoku

G GUNDAM G GUNDAM G GUNDAM G GUNDAM G GUNDAM G GUNDAM G GUNDAM

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

CGI Ameoba

Line_HTX

I loved Black Lagoon a lot, but I'm not sure if I can get hyped for Jormungand. I've seen a few clips here and there via the Funimation youtube channel, but I don't know if it'll keep my attention.

I want to be served by MikaYuu. What a good cafe art. I hope there was an actual Owari no Seraph cafe in JPN?
CROn-AdVEAA5CmE.jpg:large

Cross Game
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Higurashi
The Vision of Escaflowne
Gundam Seed
Hellsing Ultimate
Hyouka
The Story of Saiunkoku

If you're looking for relationship development, it's definitely Cross Game out of all of those, and I don't think it's even particularly close.

sonicmj1

Cross Game
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Higurashi
The Vision of Escaflowne
Gundam Seed
Hellsing Ultimate
Hyouka
The Story of Saiunkoku
G Gundam
Hyouka
Full Metal Panic

NOT FUCKING AO HOLY SHIT

Blast of Tempest Ep. 7:
I'm only posting this because I must bow my head in shame and apologize...

OK, I take it back about Aika. She still shouldn't tease Mahiro like that, it's improper sibling bahavior (even if they are not related by blood), plus, when I had chicks do similiar things to "tease" me back in the day... yeah, let's just say they didn't get away so freely without any reprocussions, lol. It's always fun to turn the tables...

Cross Game
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Higurashi
The Vision of Escaflowne
Gundam Seed
Hellsing Ultimate
Hyouka
The Story of Saiunkoku

You know my suggestions but to narrow it down to what you like my top 4 for what you specifically want in no real order:

G Gundam
Higurashi (Not much in the way of romance however)
The Vision of Escaflowne
Full Metal Panic

Line_HTX

You know my suggestions but to narrow it down to what you like my top 4 for what you specifically want in no real order:

G Gundam
Higurashi (Not much in the way of romance however)
The Vision of Escaflowne
Full Metal Panic

I remember randomly seeing the Escaflowne movie on TV and the only thing I remembered was it was strange. I'm guessing this is entirely different than the actual series?

Cornbread78

Such a crazy variety of opinions dammit, where's that GAF hivemind when needed, lol.

I may go :

Cross Game
Hyouka
G Gundam
- FMP
- Escaflowne

I haven't watched anything sports related past Little Busters, so a genre change could be good.

I remember randomly seeing the Escaflowne movie on TV and the only thing I remembered was it was strange. I'm guessing this is entirely different than the actual series?

Very different. The movie isn't that great since it doesn't have time to flesh the alternate interpretations of the characters.
Making Folken a villian with no compelling motives didn't help.
I'd recommend you just watch the show. It's a lot better than the movie and great in it's own right.

Such a crazy variety of opinions dammit, where's that GAF hivemind when needed, lol.

I may go :

Cross Game
Hyouka
G Gundam
- no mecha genre
- Escaflowne

I haven't watched anything sports related past Little Busters, so a genre change could be good.

Cross Game is focused on character drama and telling a coming of age story, the sports part of it never gets very technical if you're worried about that.

Jarmel

Banned
The entire point of Second Raid, a full season of the show, is dealing with Sousuke's developing feelings for Kaname.

Not to mention the many scenes in Fumoffu where Sousuke got jealous such as the beach episode.

like wut?

Line_HTX

I may go :

Cross Game
Hyouka
G Gundam
- FMP
- Escaflowne

Okay, in that case, I guess you could go with Escaflowne. Keep the watch fairly old from mid-2000s lol.

Very different. The movie isn't that great since it doesn't have time to flesh the alternate interpretations of the characters.
Making Folken a villian with no compelling motives didn't help.
I'd recommend you just watch the show. It's a lot better than the movie and great in it's own right.

Noted and placed it on the backlog. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ani Tore! EX

There's something really creepy about the fact it's presented as a POV yet it's mixed up with a variety of [pervy] camera angles. The only exercise the otaku are going to get from this is in their bicep area.

I mean this scene (questionable gif) isn't even being subtle. The viewer is suddenly under her while she presses up and down on you… yeah…

Conclusion: Just watch an old Mr Motivator video.

Firemind

The entire point of Second Raid, a full season of the show, is dealing with Sousuke's developing feelings for Kaname.

Not to mention the many scenes in Fumoffu where Sousuke got jealous such as the beach episode.

like wut?
And how well did that go for him?

Fumoffu is a bit of a stretch innit? In that episode, Sousuke believed she was being kidnapped. He's more like an overprotective father than a lover. The only real development in that spin-off was when Sousuke had to recruit members of the opposite gender for the social science club. That's it.

Cornbread78

Okay, in that case, I guess you could go with Escaflowne. Keep the watch fairly old from mid-2000s lol.

Well, in regards to the watch, we still have a couple weeks of BoT left and only haveva request for Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) so far, so I still need recs for that, lol. That list is for me to watch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cross Game
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Panic
Higurashi
The Vision of Escaflowne
Gundam Seed
Hellsing Ultimate
Hyouka
The Story of Saiunkoku

Wel, sometimes the marketisn't in you favor, but I'm thankful I work for a mostly stable company that will be financially responsible to stay in business. Sucks for sales, but once your competitors screw up, you take advantage of it, like the next couple months will be for me, lol.

Did you finish Hatsukoi Limited? I don't think I've seen a non-shoujo approach romance as well as that show sadly. AnoNatsu comes a close second I suppose.

Saionkoku does romance the best, by virtue of being a shoujo. Cross Game plays the long game, as it were, but there's a mid-series "twist" that is tremendous bullshit. lol

Jarmel

Banned
And how well did that go for him?

Fumoffu is a bit of a stretch innit? In that episode, Sousuke believed she was being kidnapped. He's more like an overprotective father than a lover. The only real development in that spin-off was when Sousuke had to recruit members of the opposite gender for the social science club. That's it.

Well it ended like this.
Are you also going to tell me that Sousuke and Al aren't friends at the end of Second Raid too?

He worries about her partly because it's his job but also because he's starting to develop feelings for her. There are so many instances of Fumoffu where he mixes up his job of protecting her along with his own feelings. That's largely why 2nd Raid exists in that he can't hide behind his job anymore.
I guess that dejected sigh was for no reason. Him mixing his words up earlier when he found out the guy was normal was just relief then.
Must have been the heat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well it ended like this.
Are you also going to tell me that Sousuke and Al aren't friends at the end of Second Raid too?

He worries about her partly because it's his job but also because he's starting to develop feelings for her. There are so many instances of Fumoffu where he mixes up his job of protecting her along with his own feelings. That's largely why 2nd Raid exists in that he can't hide behind his job anymore.
I guess that dejected sigh was for no reason. Him mixing his words up earlier when he found out the guy was normal was just relief then.
Must have been the heat.
Maybe FMP goes places, but in the anime they're basically in the "mutual feelings but can never confess because reasons" phase of the cliche anime relationship. lol

Did you finish Hatsukoi Limited? I don't think I've seen a non-shoujo approach romance as well as that show sadly. AnoNatsu comes a close second I suppose.

Saionkoku does romance the best, by virtue of being a shoujo. Cross Game plays the long game, as it were, but there's a mid-series "twist" that is tremendous bullshit. lol

I'm gonna have to check Hatsukoi Limited. It's "pretty recent" too, never watched it. AnoNatsu was great, but I think he watched it already, I feel like I remember him posting about it not too long ago. Maybe it was someone else.

Sölf

I can't comprehend that a manga version of Ninja Slayer exists and it looks fucking epic. Dialogue is the same as before, totally over the top and stupid and I don't know what, but holy shit the artstyle. And volume 1 releases next week. I need this. Oh god I need this so much.

Jarmel

Banned
Now I understand the relieved

These old fansub mang..

Well I don't know if the subs are exactly right but Sousuke fucks up his words because he's somewhat jealous and doesn't know how to deal with the emotions.

Maybe FMP goes places, but in the anime they're basically in the "mutual feelings but can never confess because reasons" phase of the cliche anime relationship. lol

Yea they're mainly in that phase during the anime. Of course that pretty much all changes in the next arc but that hasn't been animated yet.

4812803-4190134367-A-Thi.jpg

ibyea

Banned
Now the movie and sequel await you.

Sato really is a fantastic composer though. It's a shame he doesn't do more.

You are a bad person. ;)

Sato is fantastic, Eureka 7 has my favorite anime soundtrack. I am wondering what other shows he has done.

John Blade

Look, the best romance in anime is Emma: A Victorian Romance, and it's not even close.

High five my man. One of my favorite hidden jems of romance anime I have watch as of now.

Just notice this as I am watching Rahxephon but for some reason the transaction scene in some episode feel like they jump a bit too fast on one scene to another. Do anyone notice this when watching this show? It doesn't smooth as I am watching it. Either than that, the show is okay right now as I am now in episode 10.

ibyea

Banned
Eureka 7 ep.46-END/Final Thoughts:
I kept it to this image, because it's probably my second favorite episode out of 50 and there's no spoilers there; which is tough to avoid towards the end. Wow.... I mean, there was a time towards the beginning that I got lost along the path of "WTF was going on," but little by little they expand your awareness and give you bits and pieces of the world and it's lore around Eureka and Renton. As you watch their characters grow, it becomes much more than your typical coming of age story story for Renton and his love for Eureka. It's not your save the princess trope or any other cliche' theme. It's not just those two either as there are two other relationships that are followed and developed very well with Talho and Holland, as well as, Dominick and Anenome. As a whole, there is great character developement for many of the characters involved as you can imagine with 50 episodes to go through. The story manages to cut it's own path and ends on such a sweet and bitter note it's tough to explain in words. I guess it goes back to what I said yesterday about the story making you walk the tightrope between hope and despair as it comes to the climax, and that is exactly how it ends. The overall theme of love prevails over anything else, as well as, maintaining that love through a constant barrage of both outside and personal interuptions and how to manage and deal with it. Stand up for your love and believe in your love, that in itself is cliche', but through Eureka 7 it's presented in an amazing way. I can't say I teared up at the end, but I did feel a swell of emotion as it played out and the final scene was perfect IMO. It really was a fittign conclusion to a long journey.

Episode 26, Episode 48 and Ep. 50 by far my favorite episodes as they really nailed the themes of the show and are some of my favorite episodes in all of anime. The music was also amazing through not only the final couple episodes, but from OPs, EDs and background scores. As a whole package, the composer did an amazing job encapsulating the world of Eureka 7 through music.

Amazing ED.

https://youtu.be/9gZYC4usTps

Yay someone actually enjoyed Eureka 7.

And yeah that opening music is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom