• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That book is just a collection of short stories, not really something you can make a series out of.

Is it? I found the fifth volume somewhere online and it seems like it's as long as the fourth volume, there are also three short stories besides that.

I mean, I'm not going to read it because I'd rather wait for the small chance that it get's adapted but still, all the chapters have some distance related meaning so I guess it's just one coherent story.

You're probably right though.

Given the recent announcement of Yamada's A Silent Voice movie, this is a bad time to be questioning the artistic integrity of KyoAni's business model.

Never read the source material, but the synopsis for it seems legit. I pretty much watch everything that KyoAni makes anyway (except for Free. Not into the whole bishounen shtick) so this one is a sure lock for me.

Cornbread78

Holy crap guys, have you ever seen that show called Sword Art Online? Amazing!

tumblr_nw4rreX62H1s2xk2ao1_1280.gif

Phatmac

Didn't realize that Hyouka came from a book series but I guess that makes sense. It's a shame since a time skip series would be amazing. Guess I'm still salty that free got a second season instead of Hyouka.

Didn't realize that Hyouka came from a book series but I guess that makes sense. It's a shame since a time skip series would be amazing. Guess I'm still salty that free got a second season instead of Hyouka.

when we get a detective noir anime that is like really good and doesn't have a gimmick I'll eat my shoe.

Cornbread78

LAst call on the OT title, it's going up in 30 mins...

Any last minute changes?

Tales of Zestiria |OT| - If it's only 30, would you still love it the same?

Firemind

Was licensed back in December 2014 and just started shipping today after a few delays. It's an Australian release in case you're wondering and licensed by Siren Visual.
Yeah I saw the Australian currency. What an odd turn of events. I didn't even know Australia has a big anime fanbase.

Well it is something at least. Thanks for the info, buddy!

javac

Yeah I saw the Australian currency. What an odd turn of events. I didn't even know Australia has a big anime fanbase.

Well it is something at least. Thanks for the info, buddy!

No problem, Australia gets some interesting acquisitions like Kaiba (DVD, $34.95 AUD), Welcome to Irabu's Office (DVD, $49.95 AUD), Dennou Coil (DVD, $49.95 AUD), Memories (Blu-ray, $34.95 AUD) and Nichijou (DVD, Complete series $59.95 AUD) (Part 1 $14.95 AUD), (Part 2 $14.95 AUD) among many others.
Seems like Siren Visual is a relatively new company. Their customer service page uses lorem ipsum latin gibberish. :lol

They've actually been around for a while (started off in 1987 distributing music and moved onto VHS working with Manga in 1994 before they focused on acquisitions instead of just distributing in early 2000's). They just recently redesigned their website.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai 02

Oh man, they really want rush it to volume 5.

Though the rush make the school-part become almost none, maybe not a bad thing?

And seems the OP song doesn't really fit the show.

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon Episode 2 – Summon the Hero

Wow that was an epic episode 2, I love his sword skills and names and witch hunter mode. I hope there are more witch hunter anime made after this.

Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 1
I found this ending refreshing enough that I almost don't want to watch the 2nd season if its going to backtrack on it.

phaze

when we get a detective noir anime that is like really good and doesn't have a gimmick I'll eat my shoe.

Do mechs and tomatoes count as gimmicks ?*

Nisemonogatari 06

Nise, at least so far, is also a bit better than I remember it being. It plummets down whenever the Fire Sisters are on screen but has enough of fun moments with other characters; Kaiki (his scene with Karen is a great introduction), Senjougahara, Hanekawa to not be a complete waste of time. The crawl your eyes out moment with Shinobu from ep 04 is a pretty pivotal scene that in the absence of Kizu, probably sheds the most light on the whole Arararagi&Shinobu relationship.

It came as a bit of surprise that this part heavily foreshadowed the Shinobu Time and even Ougi's Formula arcs. I also must have pretty much ejected out of my memory the part where Hachikuji almost flat out says she likes being sexually harassed.

Russ T

Banned
Given the recent announcement of Yamada's A Silent Voice movie, this is a bad time to be questioning the artistic integrity of KyoAni's business model.

Say whaaaaat?! I love that manga! I only read it very recently. It's quite good! I hope the movie is good! Oh boy that's exciting stuff. O:

---

I watched the second episode of Osomatsu-san last night guys!

I loved it! It's nowhere near as off-the-walls bonkers as the first episode, the humor is much more subdued and kept in check, and I think that makes me like it even more than the first episode. I loved the first episode, too, but it's kind of bizarre to sell the show on that premise and then immediately drop into a much less, um, ridiculous state of being.

Also man both the OP and ED songs are just the right amount of goofy. A+.

JulianImp

Hyouka won AOTY 2013 here. That would be some serious commitment for an irony-watch.

But then again I don't tend to dig around old threads to look for shows to watch, so all I had for reference were a couple posts in this thread and the summer OT praising it.

@phaze: Wait. Did Hachikuji really say that? My brain must've purged that memory as well, and it actually being a thing cements Nise as the lewdest Monogatari season by an even wider margin.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol

just read the manga fucker!

Please do not encourage people to read that shit. It is not good, it is not better than the anime, you are missing nothing other than garbage that will make you feel dirty on the inside.

Do mechs and tomatoes count as gimmicks ?*

Nisemonogatari 06

Nise, at least so far, is also a bit better than I remember it being. It plummets down whenever the Fire Sisters are on screen but has enough of fun moments with other characters; Kaiki (his scene with Karen is a great introduction), Senjougahara, Hanekawa to not be a complete waste of time. The crawl your eyes out moment with Shinobu from ep 04 is a pretty pivotal scene that in the absence of Kizu, probably sheds the most light on the whole Arararagi&Shinobu relationship.

It came as a bit of surprise that this part heavily foreshadowed the Shinobu Time and even Ougi's Formula arcs. I also must have pretty much ejected out of my memory the part where Hachikuji almost flat out says she likes being sexually harassed.

I don't think Big O really qualifies as a detective noir does it? Unless I forgot more about the show than I realized.

But if it's a mech show that happens to have some investigating I think the schtick would be the detective aspect haha

Line_HTX

Sölf;181788138 said:
Switch to the manga before the show becomes bad. Which happens around episode 17 or so I think.

Yeah, that has been said numerous times in the Toonami thread. I'm not particularly mad about that since I actually dropped it originally because I thought this show was stupid and I didn't understand why this manga got so much praise, but now I have newfound purpose in watching it for the laughs. Having gone through Blue Exorcist, I want to see how this "ending" goes, and the experience will be even better since the dub is straight up making me lose my sides.

Pfffffft... Oh God...

I don't think Big O really qualifies as a detective noir does it? Unless I forgot more about the show than I realized.

But if it's a mech show that happens to have some investigating I think the schtick would be the detective aspect haha

It does have noir aspects. It has jazz music! It is also a mech show.

You've never seen Big O before or you forgot about it?

phaze

@phaze: Wait. Did Hachikuji really say that? My brain must've purged that memory as well, and it actually being a thing cements Nise as the lewdest Monogatari season by an even wider margin.

"I was just acting, so you'd do it more."You didn't really think "no" meant "no" ?"

Main guy is basically batman. Aka world's greatest detective. And there are mysteries he tries to solve !

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Perfect Insider Episode 2:

Okay, I think the actual mystery is about to begin given what happened in this episode although I may end up dropping this show soon because holy fuck do I hate both Nishinosono and Saikawa even more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom