• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Antimagic Academy-2
bVPjXjy.gif

The sad part is that I might have really liked this if they were going slower. There's a really dark edge to this missing from the other LN shit airing this season.

They can make their own material.

I haven't seen Hyouka but I doubt people want that.

That was in Arc's thread if I recall correctly (you know the one). Think it was also that thread that made recommending School Days a bannable offence.

Yup. I would know.

Please do not encourage people to read that shit. It is not good, it is not better than the anime, you are missing nothing other than garbage that will make you feel dirty on the inside.

If you are interested in TLR to begin with you should at least read the version Yabuki does art for.

The Perfect Insider 02

Uninteresting. Sorry Asano. Dropped.

Finally starting to go through the Nagi Asu blu ray and my God its gorgeous. Looks a lot prettier than I remember it.

However I gotta say I notice the 3D parts a LOT more now. Like its super obvious when boats or fish are CG. That really bothers me :/

God damn Hikari is a lot more insufferable than I remember him to be early on. What a shithead.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Sakurako-san

So what's the over-under of the series ending with the female protagonist being killed and the protagonist who loved her using the fetish he learned from her to unravel the mysteries of her death?

I may drop the show simply on this vibe because I hate to see cool big-sister beauty types die :(

Quasar

Sakurako-san

So what's the over-under of the series ending with the female protagonist being killed and the protagonist who loved her using the fetish he learned from her to unravel the mysteries of her death?

I may drop the show simply on this vibe because I hate to see cool big-sister beauty types die :(

Book series is still going and she is the star, so thats unlikely at best.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Lances N' Lolis-3

Another poor girl's dream ended by the harsh male-driven chivalrous status quo.

You have the fortitude of a warrior my friend.... that you can actually follow this show says a lot about you. You strike me as being the sort of person who can find something admirable in anything. You have an unyielding heart full of love and hope for the future. You have a soul that is able the light of humanity in even those who the rest of us have long since forgotten. I really respect you and I mean it.

Symphogear GX
While I was expecting it to get dumber, I didn't expect it to get this dumb. The main conflict being the alchemist was so out there. I did like the gear wielders getting thrashed at first as it better builds their characters but they went overboard with the nudity. I'm kind of disappointed the dolls were just offed like that after
Carol died
. I kind of hoped they'd come back in the final battle which would have better than
just Carol and that shapeshifter thing
. Also the stuff with Tsubasa's and Hibiki's family was so bad and Dr. Ver coming back had to be the stupidest thing. It's kind of sad that the first half had a decent dark tone but they completely messed it up in the 2nd half

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ergo Proxy Episode 11:

Ah yes, this is one of those episode that people have been waiting with great anticipation my reaction to and I can see why as we get a return to the extreme symbolic and metaphorical navel gazing that I have been expecting. Can't say welcome to the mindfuck because outside of some laborious philosophizing that as typical for this series doesn't actually go anywhere this episode was pretty lucid. I am more annoyed with all of the redundancy found in this episode as most of the information imparted here we already knew and didn't really need it restated in such a pretentious wrapper.

Man, Turn A Gundam is the weirdest main line Gundam series.

The weirdness is part of its charm. It makes it unique from all the other Gundam shows in that regard. It's interesting to see a giant robot being used for something like that as opposed to the traditional mecha warfare Gundam is known for.

Not that that stuff isn't still there and isn't a big part of it, but seeing the Gundam being used for purposes like that makeshift bridge really helps make the world feel a bit more organic.

Canon

Banned
Is this where I can ask for anime recommendations?

I just finished watching and enjoying The Kawai Complex of Bad Manors, or something like that, I loved the show but I can't remember its full fucking name. 12 episodes, too short, want something else like it.

I also liked My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu (what the fuck is with these names), Wolf Girl and Black Prince, that show with the mermans living in some dude's bathroom, I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying, and Durarara. Oh, and I seem to be one of the few people who loved Rinne.

I used to enjoy Naruto and other mainstream anime but not really into it now. I just want slice of life stuff.

Is this where I can ask for anime recommendations?

I just finished watching and enjoying The Kawai Complex of Bad Manors, or something like that, I loved the show but I can't remember its full fucking name. 12 episodes, too short, want something else like it.

I also liked My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu (what the fuck is with these names), Wolf Girl and Black Prince, that show with the mermans living in some dude's bathroom, I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying, and Durarara. Oh, and I seem to be one of the few people who loved Rinne.

I used to enjoy Naruto and other mainstream anime but not really into it now. I just want slice of life stuff.

Watch Hyouka :^)

The weirdness is part of its charm. It makes it unique from all the other Gundam shows in that regard. It's interesting to see a giant robot being used for something like that as opposed to the traditional mecha warfare Gundam is known for.

Not that that stuff isn't still there and isn't a big part of it, but seeing the Gundam being used for purposes like that makeshift bridge really helps make the world feel a bit more organic.

Yeah, it's a pretty solid series. The main lead is an oddball even by Gundam standards, but it gives a pretty solid reason for his behavior.
Turn A Gundam also combined the various Gundam universes didn't it?

Yeah, it's a pretty solid series. The main lead is an oddball even by Gundam standards, but it gives a pretty solid reason for his behavior.
Turn A Gundam also combined the various Gundam universes didn't it?

Might want to spoiler that for others, just a heads up.

I'm aware of that going into it, and I'm very interested to see how it plays out in regards to the main story.

Canon

Banned
There was one anime I was watching I forget the name of, it starts with some overly dramatic teacher about to commit suicide when this oblivious girl comes and "stops" him, and it's a show about this teacher who tries to commit suicide over anything, and the cast of students.

EDIT: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is the name.

Cornbread78

Cross Game ep.14-19
Man, I'm loving this anime. I'm not sure what it is, but it's damn good. The painful backdrop is always there for Aoba and Kou but the tone and feel you get from watching them grow is great. So far no romance or relationship development, but it's all about personal growth at this point.

Phatmac

Zone of the Enders was also a big fan of literal cockpits.

The more feminine robots also had some lovely curves to their cockpits as well.

....Man, Zone of the Enders is deader than its ever been.
ZoE mechs are the best. Man I miss this series so much. ;__;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You'll never know unless you undertake the firehawk challenge.
lol, I almost wish I had that kind of time these days.

Utawarerumono has "shoujos" in it...
Are they kawaii?

Its a skip season for shoujo. Have to wait till Snow White returns.
Ah, too bad. I guess there's Diabolik but I don't know if I want to watch a girl get abused by sexy vampires for 12 episodes.

There are a number of female-oriented shows, but no shoujo manga adaptations.

While I find it impossible to predict what you will like, I would suggest at least checking out Osomatsu-san and The Perfect Insider.
I know there's that Bones show, but what else is there?
Also a new version of a 60s property? Could be interesting,

That just means you have more time to watch Utena this season.
Getting firehawk to watch something "old" is a lost cause.

Unless it's MASH being used as background noise.
English shows you can background watch easily. You can't do that with anime!

----

Also whoever said that I should watch the first three seasons of House... well, I'll just say that Hugh Laurie is still working out his accent in the first episode. Yeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom