• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Symphogear GX
Dr. Ver coming back

What.

That plot point alone is enough to make me want to drop the show and never pick it back up. Seriously, he was one of the more infuriating and vexing antagonists I've seen in anime in a very long time, made even worse by how the cast basically allowed him to get away with it despite being an obvious monster that has absolutely no desire to reform and stop being a monsterous and cowardly megalomaniac.

I have only watched the first two eps of the third season just to see where the show went, and I kind of dropped it for a while since it appeared to be more of what I had already seen in the past two seasons: A magical girl-ish show that uses dark and dramatic scenes for edginess, only to toss them aside and solve most things without harming anyone at all while Hibiki befriends every single character in the end (except for complete monsters, that is).

Jarmel

Banned
What.

That plot point alone is enough to make me want to drop the show and never pick it back up. Seriously, he was one of the more infuriating and vexing antagonists I've seen in anime in a very long time, made even worse by how the cast basically allowed him to get away with it despite being an obvious monster that has absolutely no desire to reform and stop being a monsterous and cowardly megalomaniac.

I have only watched the first two eps of the third season just to see where the show went, and I kind of dropped it for a while since it appeared to be more of what I had already seen in the past two seasons: A magical girl-ish show that uses dark and dramatic scenes for edginess, only to toss them aside and solve most things without harming anyone at all while Hibiki befriends every single character in the end (except for complete monsters, that is).

GX is pretty much shit.

pbayne

Is this where I can ask for anime recommendations?

I just finished watching and enjoying The Kawai Complex of Bad Manors, or something like that, I loved the show but I can't remember its full fucking name. 12 episodes, too short, want something else like it.

I also liked My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu (what the fuck is with these names), Wolf Girl and Black Prince, that show with the mermans living in some dude's bathroom, I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying, and Durarara. Oh, and I seem to be one of the few people who loved Rinne.

I used to enjoy Naruto and other mainstream anime but not really into it now. I just want slice of life stuff.

I know how you feel dude. Kawai Complex is my most wanted second season ever. Anyways heres some recommendations kinda like it.

Kimi no Todoke
My Love Story
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Free
Lovely Complex
Barakamon
Azumanga Daioh
Nichijou
And Baccano since you liked Durararararara

What.

GX is pretty much shit.

Ver was one of the best parts of GX because of the way he came back. Even Carol was like "wtf is happening"

GX in general was a mistep but s4 will be great!!111

Jarmel

Banned
Well, thanks for letting me know. It isn't like I actually enjoyed the first two seasons all that much, either, but it's good to know I should go watch other shows rather than spend time watching GX.

The whole thing is half-baked on almost every front. Drama is introduced only to be resolved like the same episode so they can destroy the homunculi. Not to mention the drama itself is either mindblowingly stupid or repetitive. Alchemy can do whatever the fuck it wants with seemingly no downside just as a way of having some sort of threat to the main characters. The main villain's motivations are just so stupidly shallow, and not in the Ver sense, but in the "No that's not what your dad wanted. So why are you even using that as an excuse?". The homunculi are disposable MOTW villains that almost seem like they have personalities but the show throws them to the wasteside so fast that you realize how pointless they are.

The Hibiki family drama wanted me to reach inside my screen and strangle a fucker.

I know there's that Bones show, but what else is there?

Bones show? I guess you're referring to Noragami? I suppose that as much of a female fanbase as shounen shows often do. I was thinking of Dance with Devils, Diabolik Lovers, Haikyuu, K, Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, One Punch Man, Osomatsu-san, Seraph, Star Mu, and Young Black Jack.

Also a new version of a 60s property? Could be interesting,

I recommend Osomatsu-san to you specifically because it has the previous Gintama director and one of the Gintama writers working on it, and the first episode in particular uses several tricks they employed on the Gintama anime in a way I think you'd appreciate.

Quasar

Oh, they took a bunch of the malgraph stuff. Now everyone can see my mean score is below five and know that I hate anime.

Mines under 6 and I like anime. I guess at least people can't easily see how little of the 10 points I use.

JulianImp

Oh, so it's exactly the same thing the show did in both previous seasons. Seriously, I'd rather have them drop the series rather than spawning season after season of the same old stuff...

The worst part of all the drama in Symphogear is that, while the main cast does suffer quite a bit, the only people who die are generic extras, which is downright ridiculous when the bad guys almost kill the good guys many many times, but then they're back in shape as if nothing had happened a couple episodes later. It isn't that I'm asking the show to kill characters to prove its edginess like Akame ga Kill did (since that isn't the point of Symphogear and its themes), but at the very least show some repercussions from things such as the commander getting freaking impaled through the chest by Finé and vomiting copious amounts of blood.

Overusing that kind of scenario greatly detracted from the tension in the show, since I knew that any named character who was close to death would eventually recover with no after-effects whatsoever, completely killing the drama that the show set out to create by creating those kind of situations in the first place.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bones show? I guess you're referring to Noragami? I suppose that as much of a female fanbase as shounen shows often do. I was thinking of Dance with Devils, Diabolik Lovers, Haikyuu, K, Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, One Punch Man, Osomatsu-san, Seraph, Star Mu, and Young Black Jack.

I recommend Osomatsu-san to you specifically because it has the previous Gintama director and one of the Gintama writers working on it, and the first episode in particular uses several tricks they employed on the Gintama anime in a way I think you'd appreciate.
I meant the show that is apparently like the Fox TV show Bones. lol

And I guess I'll check out Osomatsu then.

Theonik

Sakura Wars: Ouka Kenran 01
CNrg4ms.png
OK not much to say about the first episode. Music is great and the character introductions are well done. The fight with the demon was cool enough as well. We'll just have to see how it goes from here.

Narag has bad recommendations. Watch Kiniro Mosaic instead. It'll bring a smile to your face and the slice of life you're looking for.
The fuck is wrong with you.

Line_HTX

Oh man, I feel like somebody's watching me...

Valkyrie Drive Mermaid 01

Oh man, what in the hell...

I dig the shades of that motorcycle blondie at least...

Jex

I dunno, bringing back the Doctor in GX is probably the most amazing twist of the season thoguh.

If you build your story around implausible plot twists that keep topping themselves you kind of have no choice but to do stupid stuff like that.

Alternatively, you can go the Go Nagi route and throw in time travel and robots and aliens and dinosaurs which I'd probably prefer.

Jex

Also, lets face it, the first 5 minutes of Symphogear GX episode 1 are the best five minutes of the entire franchise. Literally worth watching even if you haven't seen any other episode in the franchise. It's all you need.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also, lets face it, the first 5 minutes of Symphogear GX episode 1 are the best five minutes of the entire franchise. Literally worth watching even if you haven't seen any other episode in the franchise. It's all you need.
The best 5 minutes of anime, really.

Yeah they really blew their load after that setpiece. What do you even do after the atmospheric re-entry riding on missiles K2 punch into a space shuttle suplex

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Saudades

Kyo Ani's 'Myriad Colors Phantom World' will start from January 2016
5620A867501960000C

http://phantom-world.com/
The story of the original novel takes place in the near future, in a world born of human imagination. What humans would call ghosts or monsters appear, and they come to be called "phantoms." The main character, Haruhiko Ichijō, is a first year at Hosea Academy along with his upperclassman Mai Kawakami, who fights phantoms with the ability "Spirit of Five Elements," Izumi Reina, who has the ability "Phantom Eater," and Koito Minase, who fights phantoms in solitude. They experience the ups and downs of high school life before a certain incident leads them to the truth of this world.
3chuunishit5me

Jintor

can't some fuckers in university fight monsters?

come on! university! some young adults or some shit! enough with the high school shit!

Jintor

oh no! monsters have invaded! but i need to go to the bank before it closes at THREE PM BECAUSE THIS IS JAPAN AND ALL BANKS SUCK

fertygo

Gotts say KyoAni way ahead of their rival as company goes, they have their own store, publish their own ln shit, make adaptation of it.. got lionshare of profit because that. Anime version of Valve yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom