• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

[post=36415973]On the 27th March 2012 I posted that I had started Hidamari Sketch.[/post]

1300 days later I can finally say I've finished watching the first series finally.

Yep, I really drew that out.

I really don't blame you.

The first season is a HUGE SLOG. Put me off the series.

I feel like i should watch the other seasons eventually, but i'll have to wait on that

Narag

BNVpvRICMAAcauQ.jpg:large

I really don't blame you.

The first season is a HUGE SLOG. Put me off the series.

I feel like i should watch the other seasons eventually, but i'll have to wait on that

The first season of Hidamari Sketch is one of the ugliest TV shows I've ever seen. And after suffering through it I've never moved onto to the other seasons either.

Makes more sense than the Mahouka recommendation MAL gave me for LOGH.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished watching the first two episodes of Iron Blooded Orphans. At first I wasn't too fond of some of the character designs but as the show goes on they're slowly growing on me. The Barbatos Gundam looks awesome as expected and so far the plot is interesting enough. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Mailbox

The first season of Hidamari Sketch is one of the ugliest TV shows I've ever seen. And after suffering through it I've never moved onto to the other seasons either.

Makes more sense than the Mahouka recommendation MAL gave me for LOGH.

I wouldn't say it was ugly, but for a 4-coma adaptation, it had more cuts than its source material which should be a big big nono.

Narag

First season feels like a prototype for later work. Stuff's being tried, some works, some doesn't but its refined into something better afterwards.

Oh man, that Gunbuster fight scene in episode 5 is probably my favorite animated fight sequence ever, Noriko's yelling, their speeches, those two random shots from Coach, the music that just fits perfectly, Gubuster deflecting those lasers and their overall smugness throughout the whole fight.

Everything about is so awesome.

Theonik

So we're really doing this again?
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Theonik
https://hummingbird.me/users/Theonik

Oh man, that Gunbuster fight scene in episode 5 is probably my favorite animated fight sequence ever, Noriko's yelling, their speeches, those two random shots from Coach, the music that just fits perfectly, Gubuster deflecting those lasers and their overall smugness throughout the whole fight.

Everything about is so awesome.
Onee-sama let's use that. Yes, let's. SUPA INAZUMA KIIIIIICK. I like that if you look at a certain part of the transformation on that episode, you can see Gunbuster storing Buster Tomahawk and Buster Homerun which were weapons that were removed from the final version of Gunbuster.

Nyarko-san Another Crawling Chaos 02

I think watching Cthulhu grope Nyarlathotep is more sanity destructive then anything Lovecraft could have thought up. It's lame that they aren't the actual Old Ones but just aliens that half resemble them. Yeah, Old Ones are just aliens anyway but c'mon. Anyway these voice actors are surprisingly good at saying Nyarlathotep. I wonder how they would do with Hziulquoigmnzhah or Ycnágnnisssz.

The MC is a total killjoy in this. Nyaruko is kind of entertaining (she needs to stop memespouting though) but he's just a wet blanket. I mean yes I understand this is a step above "don't stick your dick in crazy" and its more like "don't stick your He-Who-Comes-in-the-Dark in The Dweller in the Depths" but you suck dude. Live a little before your brain melts.

I expect too much from this show.

Name them for my amusement

Well, we aren't that far into the season. One Punch Man easily impresses with its setup and bursts of amazing animation. People seem to still really, really love Haikyuu, the new Gundam series has the potential to be something great, Gintama and Ushio and Tora are still going plus Owarimonogatari being quite good, and Osumatsu-san is pretty damn great.

Really there's a lot to love this season.

Gvitor

One Punch Man 03

Fairly predictable episode. This was the worst so far, it felt really slow and the jokes weren't as good as last week's.

I still enjoyed it though, but hopefully it gets less formulaic than "hyping bad guy forever for him to be defeated in one punch".

Well, we aren't that far into the season. One Punch Man easily impresses with its setup and bursts of amazing animation. People seem to still really, really love Haikyuu, the new Gundam series has the potential to be something great, Gintama and Ushio and Tora are still going plus Owarimonogatari being quite good, and Osumatsu-san is pretty damn great.

Really there's a lot to love this season.

Haikyuu - sports anime lol nope
Osumatsu-san - watched the 1st episode and it wasn't funny
Ushio and Tora - only seen 1 episode it seems alright and i'll probably watch it one day
Owarimonogatari - bakemonogatari had too much loli/fanservice so i have skipped everything else related to the series

I'll probably give gundam a shot eventually and i kinda enjoy young blackjack.

One Punch Man 03

Fairly predictable episode. This was the worst so far, it felt really slow and the jokes weren't as good as last week's.

I still enjoyed it though, but hopefully it gets less formulaic than "hyping bad guy forever for him to be defeated in one punch".
It gets more complex as it goes on. I think one shame is that none of the manga's side stories are going to be animated most likely

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just watched this week's Gundam Iron Blood Orphans and that was legitimately badass. I'm surprised by a Gundam show just being weirdly gritty. Hope this was one of the few eps they show Mikazuki being a cold-blooded killer, since we get it, he'll do what it takes, unless it literally leads to him being a cold-blooded psychopath. That'd be cool too.

Also,

One Punch Man
Haikyuu
Gundam
Utawarerumono
Seraph of the End

Those are the shows that I'm really hyped up to see each week now. Dropped Comet Lucifer, this last episode was just boring as sin and and I don't think I'm getting back on the Concrete Revolutio train either.

One-Punch man - 03

Wish all this beautiful animation and quite fun premise was wrapped up in an actually competent story, as hard as that may be thanks to said premise.

Well, it's early on. Maybe they can add least add a bunch of fun side characters.

Moaradin

Ushio and Tora - only seen 1 episode it seems alright and i'll probably watch it one day
Owarimonogatari - bakemonogatari had too much loli/fanservice so i have skipped everything else related to the series

It's a shame to write off such a great show for a reason like that :/

Phatmac

Haikyuu is amazing. That's a shitty reason to dismiss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom