• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxSpirit

Okay, what are the legit good shows this fall?
Already watching Ushio to Tora and oc One Punch man. Finished up Overlord. What next?
Pointers: no romcom harem garbage where all is tease and no action. Nothing that sells on cute main characters alone.

Also, OP... you are insane. Good gracious god, lend me strength in this hour of need :p

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Already watching Ushio to Tora and oc One Punch man. Finished up Overlord. What next?
Pointers: no romcom harem garbage where all is tease and no action. Nothing that sells on cute main characters alone.

Also, OP... you are insane. Good gracious god, lend me strength in this hour of need :p

Dragonball Super. Everything else is eh this season because its mostly continues from previous seasons.

Haikyuu - sports anime lol nope
Osumatsu-san - watched the 1st episode and it wasn't funny
Ushio and Tora - only seen 1 episode it seems alright and i'll probably watch it one day
Owarimonogatari - bakemonogatari had too much loli/fanservice so i have skipped everything else related to the series

I'll probably give gundam a shot eventually and i kinda enjoy young blackjack.

Thats such a dumb reason to ignore such an awesome show. How close minded can one be? Well it's your lost in the end I guess

I'm kind of in the same boat as this person though. I see how much everyone raves about the show, but I pretty much never watch any sports shows, and I literally do not care about the sport in this one at all either. Let's be real, is Haikyuu like Soma, in a sense that you don't need to be a chef or be into culinary at all to enjoy it, or what?

I'm kind of in the same boat as this person though. I see how much everyone raves about the show, but I pretty much never watch any sports shows, and I literally do not care about the sport in this one at all either. Let's be real, is Haikyuu like Soma, in a sense that you don't need to be a chef or be into culinary at all to enjoy it, or what?

I wonder if people really read the lengthy explanations of food in Food Wars.

I think in Haikyuu!! at least there are good character growth and development.

I dont know why one would right off a sports anime or manga as its not like watching a sporting event on tv and it be just a game..

Well for me I mainly watch Haikyu for the characters, the superb animation and the comedy. Also, Volleyball isn't a hard sports to understand. So if you enjoy actions, great character development, amazing animation and great comedy try a few episode!

I like sports in general, but I had no affinity for and little real knowledge of volleyball before watching the show. Anything you need to know is explained, and you don't need to understand much more than what the basic positions are responsible for. Soma isn't anywhere near as good of a show as Haikyuu.

Young Black Jack
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
Osomatsu

Hunter x Hunter 2011 (All of it)

I didn't really care about almost anything this season so I decided to marathon the 148 episodes of HxH during the last 3 weeks.

It's pretty damn good, and the ending of the Chimera Arc(episode 135) is one of the most amazing episodes I have ever watched, I love how it ended with a
board game match and not an epic battle.

Now I can join everyone in the fanbase and cry about Togashi having back problems or something..... or I could start Gintama, which is even longer and it scares me.

Of course most of the great shows are like that. Otherwise something like Chihayafuru couldn't possible be as praised as it is. That said, praise be, Karuta is da best.

Puruzi

Banned

just watch Haikyuu

Spice and Wolf 4-7

Not sure if this is anime or an economics lecture. Wasnt expecting the in depth currency speculation lol

I also just noticed that they gave away who was behind the
fraud in the first two episodes. I guess I should have paid more attention since I couldnt put two and two together until the end. I didnt think Chloe would be that heartless though. Always thought she had feelings for Lawrence but giving the kill order was cold.

Holo's transformation was awesome to see. I cant blame Lawrence, I'd be frightened by that too. I do feel bad for Holo and I hope Lawrence can become comfortable with her true form and learns not to get so scared on reflex.

I'm really enjoying watching Lawrence and Holo's relationship progress. They're both smart and their banter is great. They play off each other nicely.

The sad sounding OP makes me uneasy however. I dont want something really sad to happen :(

John Blade

Spice and Wolf 4-7

Not sure if this is anime or an economics lecture. Wasnt expecting the in depth currency speculation lol

I also just noticed that they gave away who was behind the
fraud in the first two episodes. I guess I should have paid more attention since I couldnt put two and two together until the end. I didnt think Chloe would be that heartless though. Always thought she had feelings for Lawrence but giving the kill order was cold.

Holo's transformation was awesome to see. I cant blame Lawrence, I'd be frightened by that too. I do feel bad for Holo and I hope Lawrence can become comfortable with her true form and learns not to get so scared on reflex.

I'm really enjoying watching Lawrence and Holo's relationship progress. They're both smart and their banter is great. They play off each other nicely.

The sad sounding OP makes me uneasy however. I dont want something really sad to happen :(

Spoiler:
Lawrence will die in the end and Holo will go nuts and kill everyone her because of her losses.

Another Spoiler
Naw, nothing really bad happened like that but they will be incident which will challenge them and in a way make they bond much stronger. You will see this in 2nd season when Lawrence realize how special Holo is to him.

Hope you like the show and if you love it very much, go read the novel of this show. It kinda restart telling what have happened but expand after 2nd season end.

Katanagatari 08

The interactions between Togame and Hitei are pretty great. The doll was pretty cool, and I liked Shichika's character development with it.

I have a bad premonition that this is going to end in a fucked up way but I don't know how.

fertygo

I like sports in general, but I had no affinity for and little real knowledge of volleyball before watching the show. Anything you need to know is explained, and you don't need to understand much more than what the basic positions are responsible for. Soma isn't anywhere near as good of a show as Haikyuu.

Denzel.jpg

I think last 4 eps of Soma souring me a bit but even putting that aside Haikyuu still superior show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jeez Firehawk, I thought you were being sarcastic with this line:

But it seems I was wrong.

Detective Conan is so famous I thought every veteran anime watcher here knew it, at least the basics (straight murder mystery ala Agatha Christie, he is a teenager crime-solving genius that was deaged with super science, there are annoying kids in there but also it can be fairly grim and violent, including decapitation in the first episode, the girl will never ever ever learn he is the teeanger Shinichi).
The only think I know about the show is the poster/cover art that I see from time to time. lol

As someone with not a ton of familiarity with the franchise, I believe he was de-aged at the beginning of the series.

He was shrunk down from a drug that was given to him while investigating a crime syndicate.

But he's usually solving the murders from behind the scenes, and using some sort of proxy to actually reveal the solution, because obviously people wouldn't really take deductions from a seven year old seriously.
Wait, so why did they de-age him at all? Not the story reason, but the marketing reason.

halyhawk12
#facelesscake4life

Is that what you said about Ping Pong the Animation?
Unless something has drastically changed from S1 to S2, Haikyuu is not even in the same league (sportsball metaphor!) as Ping Pong though.

Phatmac

It's more about the characters and how their personalities work together in a team. The matches are great without any real knowledge needed. Go watch it if you like Soma. No lewdness besides man service though.

It's more about the characters and how their personalities work together in a team. The matches are great without any real knowledge needed. Go watch it if you like Soma. No lewdness besides man service though.

I may give it a shot just because I am curious. Can't hurt to watch the first episode and see for myself what it is all about.

One Punch Man 03

Another week, another great episode. The animation for the action scenes is just crazy. Saitama is hilarious though. Can't believe he let himself get beat up just because of
the deal he was missing at the supermarket LOL.

Mature

Wait, so why did they de-age him at all? Not the story reason, but the marketing reason.
I don't know that Aoyama (the mangaka) created the scenario for any other reason than liking it (he didn't anticipate it to last longer than a volume). Though cynically, you could say it enables a wider demographic. You can maintain the grittier procedural murder mystery that the teenage detective solves while still having him maintain the illusion of being a child and hanging around little kids that attract the younger audience.

I wouldn't suspect those things to mesh well, but you can see the results of its popularity. It does create for some gruesome juxtaposition. For instance, just a few weeks ago Conan and the kids walked into a house where a lady had recently hung herself.
oPUiyr2.jpg

ibyea

Banned
I don't know that Aoyama (the mangaka) created the scenario for any other reason than liking it (he didn't anticipate it to last longer than a volume). Though cynically, you could say it enables a wider demographic. You can maintain the grittier procedural murder mystery that the teenage detective solves while still having him maintain the illusion of being a child and hanging around little kids that attract the younger audience.

I wouldn't suspect those things to mesh well, but you can see the results of its popularity. It does create for some gruesome juxtaposition. For instance, just a few weeks ago Conan and the kids walked into a house where a lady had recently hung herself.

Haha, yeah it's sort of weird that it's a kids show because some of the murder have some striking imagery. I still remember the guy who got impaled with a sword and the sword was stuck on the wall so he was still hanging on the wall.

Jintor

that's the thing with murder
investigations
. You see enough of the normal thing, you get bored, you get numb to it. You need spice! Pizazz! Locked room mysteries or gore or weird eldritch shit! None of this bog-standard killed by stabbing! Gotta stab into a wall or decpitate or whatever.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Do they have therapy in Japan? Because those kids are fucked. lol

Cornbread78

Blast of Tempest ep.7-12
Well, these had to have been the notorious "barrel " episodes everyone was talking about. They were actually really interesting though, so...

Lots of craziness at the end of ep.12, should be more interesting going forward too.

Okada Gundam 03

Incredible. Mika does not pull any punches! It's surprising to see an MC that isn't super wary and scared of doing things. He just gets shit done, but it doesn't seem to be for his own sake either. What Orga says goes. Hopefully Orga remains on the good side. That and hopefully he isn't killed off either, because that would make for a pretty predictable outcome.

I finally got off my ass and made a MAL account. List isn't really comprehensive, but I got a lot of the stuff. There's stuff I purposely didn't add though because I only saw bits and pieces of as a kid or stuff like that (For example, Original Yugioh).

Here it is for now
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aaronrules380

I'll probably add manga stuff later, but that's likely to take even longer than anime, so we'll see

edit: And here's my profile
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Aaronrules380

Probably been said already, but it's weird how Chivalry of a Failed Knight and Asterisk War are basically the same show in the same season, and are also the same as Irregular at Magical High School. Like when did this plot become a genre? Is it Japan's take on Harry Potter?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's more like the LN's industry has figured out the most efficient set of tropes for mass market appeal. This is trash LN convergence basically.

It's more like the LN's industry has figured out the most efficient set of tropes for mass market appeal. This is trash LN convergence basically.

The irony is having that we're only seeing the old trend, because anime takes time to make.

In 1-2 years time, I imagine we'll see adaptions of the reincarnation LN stories.

And then there is this plot synopsis of a light novel adaptation airing in January:

The story of the light novel series revolves around Lux, a former prince of an empire named Arcadia that was overthrown via a rebellion five years earlier. Lux accidentally trespasses in a female dormitory's bathing area, sees the kingdom's new princess Lisesharte naked, and incurs her wrath. Lisesharte then challenges Lux to a Drag-Ride duel. Drag-Rides are ancient armored mechanical weapons that have been excavated from ruins all around the world. Lux used to be called the strongest Drag-Knight, but now he's known as the "undefeated weakest" Drag-Knight because he will absolutely not attack in battle. After his duel with Lisesharte, Lux ends up attending the female-only academy that trains royals to be Drag-Knights.

It really feels like a lot of these light novel authors are writing the same book with all the names changed. Maybe there's actually a single ghostwriter writing them all.

And then there is this plot synopsis of a light novel adaptation airing in January:

It really feels like a lot of these light novel authors are writing the same book with all the names changed. Maybe there's actually a single ghostwriter writing them all.

Wow that is just ridiculous. I bet the girl has red hair and an ample bust, too

It is more or less follow the leader. Once someone becomes successful other LN authors more or less copy the formula in an attempt to recreate the success. It is partly because of this that I don't watch animes based on LNs unless said LN is truly exceptional.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Dragon Ball Super is kind of average when it's just 4 episodes of fights, but it's actually pretty hilarious when they're doing slice of life stuff. This most recent episode with Mr. Satan punching Goku literally made me laugh. So dumb and awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom