• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or one of those "chosen one whisked to a fantasy land" stories, where instead of the MC being accepting of the situation, he's frightened. Like, make it so he's got a family back home and he doesn't want to be stuck with a harem in a fantasy land.

This has definitely happened, though I can't remember the name. I'm also fairly certain it's a manga and not an LN.

As far as creativity in LNs, I'd say a bunch are premise-wise since it many seem to just throw established settings into a blender. Stuff like Overlord, Hatarku Maou, No Game No Life; they all do something different as a base even if the stories themselves go down standard paths.

But then you also get ludicrous combinations of everything like Horizon and it just becomes a mess.

jonjonaug

48.9% affinity.

But looking over your ratings and what you have dropped, i don't agree with that assessment

Oh, that's nice I guess.

Using a MAL always seemed like more effort than it was worth to me.

I mostly just keep it updated out of habit now, but it's nice to go through and find recommendations quickly when it's the sum of everything I've watched over the past ten years or so that I've been watching anime.

Mailbox

Its less effort than you think, and its nice to keep track of what you have watched, and what you are currently watching and how far you are.

Sometimes i can forget which episode i'm on or what i was watching if i don't watch it for a while.

Concrete Revolutio Episode 3
download.png

A weapon that actually would surpass Metal Gear.

This show is a mess, but I still find myself enjoying parts of it. If only to see how it ends up. The fact that I now find myself enjoying the visuals of the series helps.

download_1.png

Clearly she's never met people on Neogaf.

Syrinx

It's a convenient tool to track what you've watched, or the last episode you stalled out on. And I like looking at graphs.
This is a bit of a problem for me but usually a quick Wikipedia search of the episodes does it for me (though for more story-intensive shows it might be iffy with potential spoilers and such). Though with Hidamari Sketch x365 that was an issue. Watched Yuno get attacked by pigeons twice months apart, among other things.

Narag

This is a bit of a problem for me but usually a quick Wikipedia search of the episodes does it for me (though for more story-intensive shows it might be iffy with potential spoilers and such). Though with Hidamari Sketch x365 that was an issue. Watched Yuno get attacked by pigeons twice months apart, among other things.

You'll never be a Prima Undine on malgraph with that attitude.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This Asterisk show is the most LN thing ever. Maybe a close second since Dungeon Girls exists.

Zephyx

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry 1-3

This seems nice for a battle manga. The main male character seems to be a man with a clear head not unlike your usual protagonist. Stella seems OK too but I might get tired of her tsun act soon. The sister is a bit creepy and that Nagi guy seems awfully suspicious. From the looks of it, he will be a villain some time in the future especially with that nature of power. Keeping this on on my watch list so I have one ongoing being watched.

On the topic of MAL, I still haven't finished updating mine but I think I'll do it some time today if work is not that busy.

Yeah, I updated my MAL a few months ago for the first time in quite a while, but actually keeping it updated is maybe more trouble than it's worth... but it is useful, both for remembering where you are in series you didn't finish and for tracking scores and such.

Ascheroth

That's why you use tools like MALUpdater or Taiga which recognize what you watch and update your list automatically. Even if they sometimes don't recognize something it's less hassle to add or update it with them then MALs site.
I haven't logged into MALs actual site for probably months (if you don't count yesterdays list comparisons).

The time has come to remedy a mistake. I will probably end up dropping a few shows so I can catch up to this one faster, should be worth it?

Haikyuu!! 01

Yeah that was pretty good. Not amazing but a good setup episode.

Jintor

What about that Hummingbird, eh?

i prefer it but i have no concrete grounds for doing so other than I don't already have a MAL account and I ceebs updating one.

Also I tend to use these things by beginning tracking from when I get the account and not back-filling, so it just annoys me when I have a great big empty library.

Quasar

That's why you use tools like MALUpdater or Taiga which recognize what you watch and update your list automatically. Even if they sometimes don't recognize something it's less hassle to add or update it with them then MALs site.
I haven't logged into MALs actual site for probably months (if you don't count yesterdays list comparisons).

I use mobile apps myself. That is pretty painless for me.

Quasar

i prefer it but i have no concrete grounds for doing so other than I don't already have a MAL account and I ceebs updating one.

Also I tend to use these things by beginning tracking from when I get the account and not back-filling, so it just annoys me when I have a great big empty library.

I prefer it too, just the database is not as complete. Which is why I'm stick in this purgatory of using both. Though at least I can just import mal data into hummingbird.

Droplet

My on-hold list (otherwise known as my "I should finish this but I keep falling asleep" list) is bad enough that it gives me pause every time I'm going to post my MAL on here.

Highlights include Utena, Usagi Drop, and GBF. Also, forgetting to watch the last two episodes of Noragami and Infinite Ryvius. Maybe someday I'll get around to them?
Utena has been on hold for 4 years.

Quasar

Already not updating my MAL for like a year or two, kinda miss it.. but yeah, too lazy for updating 70+ title.

For a while I liked the automation of trakt.tv and a plex extension. Though that meant it only worked with local content and not streaming services.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"should i watch this bad thing?" hurried shouts of no echoed through the derelict chambers and yet could not overcome the high mal score and a lone contrarian idiot

"sao is objectively good" the elder's whom once forcefully corrected such untruths rot in the corner, sighs & the stench of alcohol now their only friends

dead inside

carved scribblings line the walls of the basement, crudely drawn complex breakdowns of bakemono pantyshots as far as the eye can see. "a hopeful reminder of greater times" the wrinkled man with the ritsu tattoo muses to no one
Tell us how you really feel.

Jintor

Er.... all sports series are like that. I don't know any sport series where you need to be a sports expert to enjoy it.

for example, girls und panzer is a stock standard sport series except the sport is ridiculous and nonsense and nobody could possibly have understood it beforehand.

ibyea

Banned
For me the words sports anime sets off this alarm in my head that it's going to be stupid. That said I liked Hikaru no Go and I am keeping in mind some of the sports anime people recommended here for future viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom