• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granblue Fantasy is the new hotness on Pixiv.

And it gets the full package with an international version in spring and an anime by A1 in 2016.

Jintor

Does this include Baccano since that was set during the mob age?

oh u

Hyouka 8

Man does Kyoani have the shitty student-produced movie anime recreation market on lockdown or what? What kind of student director cuts to different cuts entirely for a single conversation, even if it's to introduce characters? They really animated the shitty camerawork excellently, the focus and shaking is hilarious. And the zoom completely wrecking the focus lol.

omg lol the scene lighting changes between cuts. I don't even want to say anything about the terrible acting. Actually, some of the camera movement stuff is pretty interesting, it really feels like a handheld cam... even if it's a 3d environment, it still looks pretty nice. Oh my god the camera dude just keeps turning on the flashlight

Woah, is the fps drop when the camera pans deliberate? I hope so!

Okay, the scream when they find the body is amazingly bad.

---

Anyway, back to reality. Guess the Sherlock comparisons are really going up the wall here. Now the entire club is consulting detectives! Love the school going on behind them, cheer squads, festival readiness... oh, and more characters! Yay!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've heard that Death Parade isn't as cheerful as the OP is, thinking of watching it.

Do you guys have any opinion on it?

Concrete Revolutio 03

Ex7EoF0.gif

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO That ending battle was hype as fuckkkkkkkkk! And the story leading up to it was great. I had my doubts about this show but they've been erased now.

Jintor

Hyouka 9

So Chitanda can handle her... whisky chocolates, huh? Odd. Okay, no she can't. Also d

This is a pretty unique setting for a mystery; having to work out who the murderer was planned to be. It's great!

Oh my god how well animated is this small crowd waiting by the lights?

Jintor

Hyouka 10

Wow those cuts of Fu are really unsettling. Always smiling characters! What darkness are you hiding?

Mayaka: surprisingly good at storyboarding.

I really like the scan line effect on the video.

/edit damn! all deliberate! I GOT RUSED! OH SHIT THAT LAST SECOND SWERVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fucking mysteries bro

duckroll

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 3

I actually sorta liked this episode. It has the same problems exhibited in the previous two episodes - it tries to tell a condensed story which the limited runtime, and it tries too hard to balance between a "now" story and a "future" story by linking them together, but I think this time round the premise was interesting enough to work even with those failings. Cyborgs are cool, they nailed the design of the tokusatsu android shows from a bygone era, and the action set piece at the end by Yutaka Nakamura was glorious.

In the end though, I think I'll be able to enjoy this series as a heavily flawed series of short stories celebrating the pop culture of the Showa Era through a modern lens. I hope the execution gets better, but even if it doesn't, at least there'll be a lot of different types of stories.

I've heard that Death Parade isn't as cheerful as the OP is, thinking of watching it.

Its pretty boring and unfocused. I just finished it a second time and discovered that it really loses its appeal pretty fast. Idol episode is its only good one, which is kinda bad for a show when the non main characters give the best moments.

Jintor

Hyouka 11

Pretty interesting resolution. Kinda funny by the end there Oreki was just throwing out 'lol i knew the answer all along' bits without even bothering to do any real dramatic setup.

The chatroom stuff was pretty interesting too. Interesting faces from Fu again. It's kinda funny how serious everybody gets about something fairly minor though, but I guess it's the best way to shortcut having to kill someone every episode, so I can buy it.

Anyway, good arc, especially making Oreki question himself.

Jintor

Hyouka 11.5 or, how Oreki got his Groove Back

Lol sis's interactions are perfect lol. Casually just touching Oreki's hair all the time, hilarious.

I think there was a discussion earlier calling this a fanservice episode. I mean... this is kinda of consistent with the Hot Springs episode. There are 'pervy' shots here and there, but I think it's readily apparent that it only occurs when Oreki is thinking about Chitanda. There's no real pervy shots of Mayaka, for instance. (There is a weird shot of Fu about to hit the ball really stylishly, so I can't say Orekia has total control over the camera, but still)

okay the carrying thing is kinda transparently fanservicey i guess, but not really in the traditional LOL BOOBS way as is anime's ilk.

The one thing I look forward to when I rewatch Hyouka is watching 11.5 after 11, rather than at the end. I was planning on watching it slowly day by day starting today, but now that I began Haikyuu it might be a while until I am able to get to it.

Jintor

I haven't watched 12 yet, but it seems to fit very well. It's a good cooldown episode much like the Why Chitanda Classroom Angry mystery episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 150

Ah yes, at long last the great changeover has been completed which give us a new status quo to deal with as we are formally introduced to the second quirky miniboss squad, a record for this series, The Amazoness Quartet. In contrast to The Trio, they seem to be targeting the dreams of children, which makes a lot more sense when it is thought about. Also we get the return of the pointless yet creepy circus stuff that has been missing since the beginning of the arc and it is no less nightmare inducing. Anyway, it is a decent introduction to the new order but nothing to write home about, still, recommendation to watch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 151

With the new adversarial quarter established you would think it would be time to return to formula but this is not quite the case just yet as we instead get a focus episode on Ami that finally establishes her new attack and she actually gets a transformation sequence, I am guessing this is the start of finally giving the Sailor Guardians their new attack and power ups, which have been sorely missing . As far as Ami focus episode goes this one was actually pretty good, focusing on her perpetual insecurities but in way that feels fresh as she deals with the application of knowledge as a mere hobbyist in the face of people who make composing music their business. Also, in spite of this being an episode dealing with the internet it seems less dated then I thought it would be. Obviously a lot of this episode would be vastly different in terms of technology and knowledge but Ami discovering music and possibly love via the internet is still something that could work today. Recommendation to watch.

Jintor

Hyouka 12

I couldn't resist. Like, holy shit. This bunkasai is unbelievable. High school city bunkasais step it up so hard, especially with KyoAni production values.

This school must be like 1000 students or something. High Schools.

Shingeki Chugakko Episode 3
CRsAPTWWIAATWUo.png
CRsCBl_WIAAgs0s.png

Jean confirmed as the true protagonist of shingeki, though Eren was epic too. He gave some good moments and is perfect with Jean, even characters see their similarity.

I kind of like how its giving characters that barely had lines or importance in the main series lines (Reiner seems to be benefiting the most from this, and I imagine some of these named side characters were in the series, but either killed off immediately or something else)

Ace of the Diamond Second Season Episode 29 – Demon Child

Yes I was doing the Sawamura at this episode, please let this strongly suggest and highly imply that Coach Kataoka will stay.

Was confused about the College Baseball is slow line, how would it be slower than High School Baseball?

phaze

Monogatari Season 2 17-20 Shinobu Time [rewatch] (ufff)
011908htsxp.jpg
01193516syg.jpg
0119362essl.jpg
011937hss96.jpg

Well, geee Ougi, that's reassuring, thanks !

So I guess Araragi's absence in Nekomonogatari White spans this arc and the undisclosed mission with Ononoki and Kanbaru. Hope we'll get to see that as well as what was Kagenui up to during this time. I think my biggest takeaway from the rewatch of this arc is that Ougi, despite her cryptic appearances at the very beginning and end of the story, seems to have been genuinely unrelated to and unaware of
Hachikuji's fate.
She has a few lines to this effect in Nadeko Medusa which flew completely over my head earlier on. That kinda shatters my Ougi=Darkness theory even if they seem to have a similar fixation on punishing liars and returning things to being proper.

The arc itself, , even with the sudden emergence and mischief of the loli triangle, was as good as I remembered aka second best of Mono

firehawk12

Subete no aware
kancolle is pretty much sports
Kancolle is life.

Hyouka 11.5 or, how Oreki got his Groove Back

Lol sis's interactions are perfect lol. Casually just touching Oreki's hair all the time, hilarious.

I think there was a discussion earlier calling this a fanservice episode. I mean... this is kinda of consistent with the Hot Springs episode. There are 'pervy' shots here and there, but I think it's readily apparent that it only occurs when Oreki is thinking about Chitanda. There's no real pervy shots of Mayaka, for instance. (There is a weird shot of Fu about to hit the ball really stylishly, so I can't say Orekia has total control over the camera, but still)

okay the carrying thing is kinda transparently fanservicey i guess, but not really in the traditional LOL BOOBS way as is anime's ilk.

I don't get this fanservice thing. You can do an episode at a pool and have it not be considered fanservice. Heck, the actual "mystery" is contingent on them being at the pool anyway, so even for plot reasons it makes sense for them to be there.

Qurupeke

I think my biggest takeaway from the rewatch of this arc is that Ougi, despite her cryptic appearances at the very beginning and end of the story, seems to have been genuinely unrelated to and unaware of
Hachikuji's fate.
She has a few lines to this effect in Nadeko Medusa which flew completely over my head earlier on. That kinda shatters my Ougi=Darkness theory even if they seem to have a similar fixation on punishing liars and returning things to being proper.

Oh, on the contrary, I think Ougi=Darkness is all but confirmed. Araragi didn't inform Ougi about Hachikuji, until much later.It was around 4 months after her disappearance (a few days before Hitagi End), which means it's after every other encounter with Ougi so far. I guess after the current Owari arc(or even during that), Araragi will start investigating Ougi and why he choose to reveal what happened with Hachikuji will probably be revealed too. He is aware that Ougi is "special", so he is cautious. Also, from what I understand, Hachikuji disappeared but she wasn't taken by the darkness. Ougi must know what happened, but she asked things she already knew, as usual.

The chronological order of Monogatari has quite a few missing parts, so things are certainly complicated and I may be missing something.

Osumatsu-san 03

g6iVHWS.jpg

Finally Xebec will pay for their crimes

That Saw joke went on for a bit too long. Also it was a Saw joke in 2015, what? Anyway this episode was far more skit based then the last two and that's fine because I liked most of them. They must have imported a lot of American cops for this episode

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Osomatsu-san Episode 3:

I don't know what I expected this week but it wasn't this that is for sure. Basically I feel like I am watching the Japanese equivalent of Robot Chicken now.

Osomatsu-san 3

I haven't really giggled or laughed at the show since the first episode, the SAW gag was a couple of 'movie titles' jokes too far, and relying on wiener humor is ok but not when it's the whole gag of 'whose wiener is it?" which went on for a bit too long.

The show is inoffensive enough where I could keep watching but it's a shame it hasn't really been able to deliver laughs.

Jarmel

Banned
Osomatsu-san Episode 3:

I don't know what I expected this week but it wasn't this that is for sure. Basically I feel like I am watching the Japanese equivalent of Robot Chicken now.

If it was as funny as Robot Chicken this would be good news.

Qurupeke

Osomatsu-san 3

This episode was so random, even for such a random show. It wasn't that funny, more like obscene. I prefer it when they stick to one or two themes for an episode, like the first 2 episodes. At least, the next one seems to be back to 2 parts. I'll give it a bit more time, as the 1st episode was really awesome.

Osumatsu-san 03

I guess this is what could happen in a gag-based comedy like Osumatsu-san, definitely one of the weaker episodes, I didn't really feel this one.

Ascheroth

Death Parade is really good.

Osomatsu-san - 03

Still kind of middling.
It does make me laugh, but some jokes go on for too long and some do nothing for me.
The first episode was still the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom