• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Nodame Cantabile Finale ep.7-9
Wow. I mean, the way that performance in ep.9 was framed is amazing. I'm not a classical music buff, nor did I play, but the presentation and power of that stage piece which showed just how much Nodame has grown musically was great. Stressimon doubling down on her, using her love and despair fir Chiaki as ammunition to basically stick it to him because of his performance with Rui. Yup, he was 1-uped. Great build up to through these episodes for the final three, but wow, that was great..

Zephyx

Its a really good story successfully bridging science fiction with magic in a way that is essentially a masterful amalgamation of the brilliance of JK Rowling with a modern Jules Verne twist. The family drama of Tatsuya with his imouto is only the tip of the iceberg into the compelling myriad of intrigue as it deals with families at large that form the foundation of much of the society of the Mahouka universe. Youre doing anime a disservice by not giving it a change. Dont be swayed by the naysayers and miss a chance of a lifetime.

Your explanation sound convincing though I'm not familiar with Jules Verne (maybe I know the works but not the author). Maybe I'll give it the 3 episode treatment later when I get home. I prefer a bit of romance in my anime but I think I'll ignore that storyline in this one if I continue.

There's really an anime for everything. I haven't watched girls doing moe stuff for a long time now since I dropped Lucky Star. Maybe I'll recommend this one and the upcoming anime to my brother instead.

pbayne

dvd-5020-youre-under-arrest-full-throttle-collection-2-adv-films.jpg

tumblr_nk8qdx3zB01snn0hpo1_500.gif

tumblr_nbu879xBu01sgbz5jo1_500.gif

tumblr_myy8wo8Oaa1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

tumblr_myxckon4rj1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

tumblr_n9p0doq36Z1sgbz5jo1_500.gif

tumblr_myxe45Psar1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

Nice writeup. Jesus that show looks shockingly well animated. Need to check this out.

I learned the hard way what a DTL rec meant. It was a show about like a dude with a crow and one that transformed into a dog in crunchy roll.

Let's just say those DTL recommendations usually have men DTF

Jintor

Your explanation sound convincing though I'm not familiar with Jules Verne (maybe I know the works but not the author). Maybe I'll give it the 3 episode treatment later when I get home. I prefer a bit of romance in my anime but I think I'll ignore that storyline in this one if I continue.

you must never have met DTL before.

the only recs you should take from dtl are the ones in the watchu reading thread

ibyea

Banned

D: Don't do it!

I'm always hesitant to give personal anime recommendations now. I enjoy a lot of things that the majority of people seem to hate, or at least dislike.

Case in point, I enjoyed Ninja Slayer and Ghost in the Shell Arise.

So in closing...I have poor tastes...and

v7YjaLh.gif

I'm always hesitant to give our anime recommendations now. I enjoy a lot of things that the majority of people seem to hate, or at least dislike.

Case in point, I enjoyed Ninja Slayer and Ghost in the Shell Arise.

So in closing...I have poor tastes...and

v7YjaLh.gif
Both of those are fine but people in here like to pretend that just because there's a better version of something that you can't enjoy another.

Also they bully you if you like something they hate. I can't complain about the psycho pass bullying against me, I do the same against SAO.

ibyea

Banned
Both of those are fine but people in here like to pretend that just because there's a better version of something that you can't enjoy another.

Also they bully you if you like something they hate. I can't complain about the psycho pass bullying against me, I do the same against SAO.

Too much Psycho Pass hate. D: (not season 2 though, hate for it is well deserved)

Zephyx

you must never have met DTL before.

the only recs you should take from dtl are the ones in the watchu reading thread

I read some DTL manga recs in the manga OT before and I've been fine (I avoided the shounen ai stuff though). I'll try this one out.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gangsta 1-3
Im liking this, the setting and characters are pretty cool so far, at first I thought the whole "tag" thing is kinda weird and out of place in the universe they set up, but by episode 3 doesnt feel like something thrown in to just get cool action anymore.
Ironically gungrave get this complaint but considering gungrave is based off a game with this stuff, i dont think the complaints were justified.

Finished Spice & Wolf season 1 tonight. What a fantastic show that was. Will write up something in the morning but wow I thoroughly enjoyed that. Restraining myself from binging season 2 and calling out of work in the morning. Loved it.

Holo <3

Cromartie isn't something I want to marathon and Gundam X isn't catching my interest as much as Victory did. Can AnimeGaf recommend me something fun to watch? Preferably one cour-ish length.

dumbyugi

Mahouka isn't even that bad, it's just kind of dull. It would have been better if it was about any of the characters not named Tatsuya or Miyuki.

Exalted

Recently finiihed Nisemonogatari , Nekomonogatari and Monogatari Series Second Season in the last 2 weeks.

While i enjoyed it, i think i need a bit of break before i can continue, since i'm worn out.
The series really has an unique dialog type,(breaking the fourth wall and other stuff which i don't even know what it is called) which can be tiresome when you binge watch alot of it, and the thoughts subtitles are far too fast( how are you suposed to read them if they are on the screen for maybe 1-2 sec max)
You also can't just half watch the series, like for example some of the generic LN animes ( which i watch while eating), if you miss stuff you are confused as hell, and the constant time jumping, skiping scenes and simply not bothering explaining stuff doesn't help.
Also while usually don't mind lewd stuff with young chars (14-18), some of the Mayoi Hachikuji and Araragi scenes were a bit too much for even me, and those were not just your usual tease scenes. I think she is like 10 WTF
My favorite arc was the time travel one.

I don't think i ever watched anything like it, and i liked, it was refreshingly different, while at times strange.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Recently finiihed Nisemonogatari , Nekomonogatari and Monogatari Series Second Season in the last 2 weeks.

While i enjoyed it, i think i need a bit of break before i can continue, since i'm worn out.
The series really has an unique dialog type,(breaking the fourth wall and other stuff which i don't even know what it is called) which can be tiresome when you binge watch alot of it, and the thoughts subtitles are far too fast( how are you suposed to read them if they are on the screen for maybe 1-2 sec max)
You also can't just half watch the series, like for example some of the generic LN animes ( which i watch while eating), if you miss stuff you are confused as hell, and the constant time jumping, skiping scenes and simply not bothering explaining stuff doesn't help.
Also while usually don't mind lewd stuff with young chars (14-18), some of the Mayoi Hachikuji and Araragi scenes were a bit too much for even me, and those were not just your usual tease scenes. I think she is like 10 WTF

I don't think i ever watched anything like it, and i liked, it was refreshingly different, while at times strange.

Hayoi
died
when she was like 11

Just finish it all up and then remember that durarara got a second full season.

I goddamn hope the LNs taking place when Mikado is in college gets anime adaption (Though looking at the sales number for the latest Durarara season makes me think they'll not continue adapting it)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
YuruYuri San&#9734;Hai! 03
I'm finding watching this to be very interesting as a means to really contrast the work between a studio like Doga Kobo and studios that are less artistically capable. It really has a pretty dramatic impact on the feel of the show for me. I see a number of people casting TYO Animation's work off as more of the same, but the differences are so substantial for me that it's almost like a new series.

Most notably Doga Kobo were able to utilize a large number of mid and long range shots that hold their framing while characters moved around a bunch. It's the sort of thing that kind of just washes over you when you're watching YuruYuri's first and second season, but its absence has kind of pushed me to have a great appreciation for what Doga Kobo was doing. These longer shots that are heavier on animation create a relaxed sensation that is eluding the third season, but more than that Doga Kobo were able to imbue a personality into the series that extended far beyond what the manga brought forward. As a result the series took a laid-back attitude, and the authenticity of the character movements gave the small affectionate upswings in the series a more genuine feel.

TYO's work is heavily reliant on the quality of the source material because it doesn't really bring much extra. The opening skit based around art class was highly enjoyable and humorous, but the rest of the episode gradually became less than desirable. And honestly, the framing, coloring, off-model drawing, and shoddy animation work is the biggest offender. TYO's lack of artistic capability takes its dramatic toll on the timing of just about everything.

Stuff like this frame are just the norm:
Yui comes out the worst. It's like she's melted into some unrecognizable person in this series because without smaller visual flourishes her design suffers. It seems like such a small thing but they can't even dress the characters properly, and the outfits can fall into these bizarre color arrangements that seem like nothing anyone would wear. Stuff is so regularly off model that it's like the characters are being stretched into different shapes each time they're drawn, and their original starting point has been lost. What is this poop? Obvious comparison between the old seasons and the new one, but it's crazy how inconsistent TYO is.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Remember to watch hanamonogatari, that was suppose to be apart of the second season but they ended it on kaiki's story

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Please dimb. I'm trying to be blind to the changes and pretending like nothing has happened and you're making it much harder to do so.

pbayne

Mahouka isn't even that bad, it's just kind of dull. It would have been better if it was about any of the characters not named Tatsuya or Miyuki.

But then the characters would have nothing to talk about. Seriously every conversation is about how awesome Tatsuya is. And even if they weren't there the setting and world isn't interesting enough. Did anyone enjoy those 20 minute explanations of how magic works?

aember

What do you guys think of Anohana? I finished it last night (watched it all in two sittings) and I think it's one of my favorite anime I've seen now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The fact the studio didn't want to do the Akaaarin segment on every episode is very telling.
Yet, I bet if they did do those segments they'd probably be accused of cribbing. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

What the fuck. Not watching this garbage.
At least form your own opinion. People are being down on it because they enjoyed the first two series immensely. It doesn't mean it's bad.

pbayne

Sitting in the library studying all day and I decided to put on the cowboy bebop ost. Holy shit, I'm not much of a music guy but 5 hours just flew by listening to it. Sucks that I almost never notice the music when I'm watching something.

Cornbread78

What do you guys think of Anohana? I finished it last night (watched it all in two sittings) and I think it's one of my favorite anime I've seen now.

This finally popped back into my Crunchy queue a couple months ago, so I really should start watching it soon.

Sitting in the library studying all day and I decided to put on the cowboy bebop ost. Holy shit, I'm not much of a music guy but 5 hours just flew by listening to it. Sucks that I almost never notice the music when I'm watching something.

Stellar OST. Can listen to Space Lion for hours. And I'm mostly the same way in that I rarely give much thought to the music when I'm watching something.

Yu Yu Hakusho - 18

Something I've been impressed by in this show, and particularly in this episode, is the many cool looking split second frames.
These are usually spotted during an ability. From a normal view perspective, most of what you see is a quick flash which is barely visible. Curious as I am, I'll go back to spot the specific frame to see what is actually on display:

I do think it is a shame that they're so hidden, cause I really like the style.
This episode also had some good looking art in general:

Quasar

I'm already bummed out and I havent even started S2 yet. I kinda peeked at episode 0 but trying to savor this.

Maybe 10 minutes a week. Maybe 5 minutes.

Fuck. I didnt think I'd like this show this much.

We have the books at least. Which reminds me I have to get back to my reading.

One of the reasons why I enjoyed watching it was because back then the setting was something "new" for one, even though it was still plagued by other mundane tropeyness. Now every other LN adaptation seems to be just like it (futuristic setting, tragic hero that is considered a fluke but is actually OP, competitions within the school, etc, etc). Also it was fun just seeing what the flying fuck Tatsuya pulled out of his ass each week. No one can beat onii-sama!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom