• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Hyouka 13

The school festival itself is pretty lively but the story isn't really hooking me. MORE MYSTERIES, HYOUKA. DAMN YOU. GIVE ME MYSTERIES

Kenstar

Nice writeup. Jesus that show looks shockingly well animated. Need to check this out.

The 4 OVA's are movie-like, the show's animation itself is very average stuff for the most part (the 1st gif is from the OVA's ending, the 2nd gif is very indicative of the look of an average episode)

At the minimum watch the ova's, if you like the characters/setting you'll like the main show without all that OVA budget goodness

John Blade

Nice writeup. Jesus that show looks shockingly well animated. Need to check this out.

The gif come from either the OVA series, the Movie, and the TV series (Season 1). The OVA and movie is where the animation style shine quite well at that time. The TV series (Season 1) don't have the detail animation which you notice in the 2nd gif but this didn't hamper the TV series (Season 1) as you will most likely love the character development of the two main female characters which push the show forward quite well.

Still, if you're going in for the 1st time, go to the OVA, TV series season 1, and then the movie. This is the main meat and butter of the You're Under Arrest franchise and might be the best part of the series. If you finish all this and want more, then go to Season 2 and 3 and special to fill you up. Note: because the TV series use the same format, you might get tired of the same stuff again on season 2 and 3. But if you're fine with it, then you will get entertain from it. It's a fun franchise to watch and didn't regret it when I got all of them in my collection.

I'm already bummed out and I havent even started S2 yet. I kinda peeked at episode 0 but trying to savor this.

Maybe 10 minutes a week. Maybe 5 minutes.

Fuck. I didnt think I'd like this show this much.

Well, don't do that. Go watch the entire show in season 2 like you're watching other show. I know you will feel sad at the end once you finish it but that's why they is the light novel for this show you can start reading so you can found out what happened to them after the end of season 2. I know as I continue reading the novel as I am a fan of the show.

javac

Mobile Suit Gundam - Part 1: Collector's Edition
Release Date: 30th November 2015
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 525 min
Format: BD (£44.99) @ Amazon.co.uk
Contains the first half of the iconic series (Episodes 1-21) in both English dub and Japanese with English subtitles.

pi1pSiO.jpg
YAq2LeT.jpg

Reversible Cover:
duUTMPw.jpg

Full Metal Panic - Ultimate Edition (Seasons 1-3)
Release Date: 7th December 2015
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Run Time: 1200 min
Format: BD (£109.99) @ Amazon.co.uk
Contains all seasons including the never before released in the UK third season The Second Raid. With Japanese with English subtitles and English dub.
Contents:

• Season 1:
  • Episodes: 1-24 (complete)
  • Aspect Ratio: 16x9 (Pillar Boxed*)
  • Main Feature Video: 1080p (Upconverted)
  • Language: English, Japanese English, subtitles
    Extras:
  • Jakoichi Chigara x Shouji Gatou Special Interview
  • Japanese Piracy Warnings
  • Original TV Spots
  • Textless Songs

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu:
  • Episodes: 1-12 (complete)
  • Aspect Ratio: 16x9 (Pillar boxed*)
  • Main Feature video: 1080p (Upconverted)
  • Language: English, Japanese, English subtitles
    Extras:
  • Original Japanese TV Spots
  • Textless Songs

The Second Raid:
  • Episodes: 1-13 (complete)
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9
  • Main Feature video source: 1080p (HD Native)
    Extras:
  • Bonus Episode 000
  • Bonus OVA episode
  • Dawn of the Light Novel
  • Location Scouting in Hong Kong (Parts 1 – 7)
  • Textless Songs

Ultimate Edition:
  • Collector's packaging and a full sized art-book (30 x 30)

Both Available for pre-sale at MCM London.

Well, don't do that. Go watch the entire show in season 2 like you're watching other show. I know you will feel sad at the end once you finish it but that's why they is the light novel for this show you can start reading so you can found out what happened to them after the end of season 2. I know as I continue reading the novel as I am a fan of the show.

Just finish it all up and then remember that durarara got a second full season.

We have the books at least. Which reminds me I have to get back to my reading.

Yeah for sure. I'll take my time with S2 though. Might leave most of it for the weekend.

I found a link on Reddit for the Yen Press books. I didnt know S&W had official english translations. Thats awesome! Definitely going to pick those up after the series is done.

javac

That's not Fumoffu.

It comes with Fumoffu (the Blu-ray with the orange accents), in fact Fumoffu is exclusive to the Ultimate Edition. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
[EXCLUSIVE TO ULTIMATE EDITION]
Sousuke’s locked, loaded, and ready to attack – which would be awesome if he was going into battle. But he’s just going to high school, and all the qualities that make him a good soldier make him an amazingly awkward classmate. Poor Kaname knows that better than anyone, since Sousuke’s her undercover bodyguard. The guy’s supposed to protect Tessa too. But how “top secret” can he really be when he’s sneaking around in a teddy bear suit, blowing up lockers, striking out with every girl in sight, and taking a mech to the hot springs? Sure, Sousuke’s methods are a little intense, but high school’s tough. Collateral damage is to be expected, right?

• Episodes: 1-12 (complete)
  • Aspect Ratio: 16x9 (Pillar boxed*)
  • Main Feature video: 1080p (Upconverted)
  • Extras: Original Japanese TV Spots, Textless Songs

Also, cute avatar.

Cornbread78

Cross Game ep.47-END
OK, that ending was GOOD, I mean, damn good. I was thinking they were going to go in a different difrection for a moment there, but it ended just as I had imagined. What a touching moment; seriously good writing right there. Nothing stereotypical, nothing melo-dramtic, just good emotional writing and a great moment off the baseball field. That was excellent. Seriously this one goes up in my top 5 of all time, not just because of the nestalgic feelign it gives me, but the writing towards the end was excellent with all parties involved. I was pumped just watching the show and the outpouring of emotion towards the climax was excellent... Also, the music in the OP and ED were really good throughout. Even with the tinge of sadness they make you walk the tightrope on, the love that is brought out in the music is excellant...

Very cute OP that was played for about 20 or so of the episodes. It sounds so annoying at first, but then it gets super catchy.
https://youtu.be/5TNvsOC6tyE

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Osomatsu-san 3
Dick and Saw joke took to long to reach the punchline. I think the funniest gag for this episode is Choromatsu sleeping problem. too many random segment in this episode. I'd rather have longer joke like the previous episode than short rapid random joke.

John Blade

Yeah for sure. I'll take my time with S2 though. Might leave most of it for the weekend.

I found a link on Reddit for the Yen Press books. I didnt know S&W had official english translations. Thats awesome! Definitely going to pick those up after the series is done.

Yup, remind you, the 1st few volume is retelling the entire show again. This isn't really bad if you like the show but they will be few minor change from the book and show when you read it. Also, they is one of the book which happened during the show which isn't shown on the Anime. I would recommend to go read from the beginning to the current volume so you have a good understanding. If not, then check which book you can skip so you can start where the show end.

Gvitor

Bakemonogatari 03-05 (Mayoi Snail)

The aesthetics in this show are so good. I'm loving everything so far, but that's what I liked the most. There's no other show I've seen quite like it.

The story was really nice as well. I still feel the whole vampire thing is underdeveloped (maybe it will later on...), they just mention it casually and shrug it off. During one of the walls of text I could make out some paragraphs about when he became a vampire, so maybe that'll come into play later. It's just really weird that there is no introduction to the supernatural. People just seem to be okay with it.

Senjougahara continues to be the best. Didn't lose any time confessing and outright demanded a straightforward answer. Boss.

Clannad After Story 10-14

Welp, I was wrong. There WAS another side character for them to do a tragic backstory.
The electrician (Yoshino, was it?)
It was short and nice though. And pretty much every episode after 09 has been good and felt more like the first Clannad than some filler-y character development. I used to think there was no such thing as enough character development, but I was proved wrong. Some characters could (and should) just be supporting cast, otherwise it really slows the whole thing down.

Anyway, I reached the point Corn suggested the marathon. I have a free afternoon tomorrow, so I'll try to watch the rest of the show.

Also, I just can't buy it that they
got married and even had sex without even kissing on-screen ONCE.

And Nagisa continues to be best girl.
"Tomoya-kun and I are married so... we are doing dirty things!"

Cornbread78

Bakemonogatari 03-05 (Mayoi Snail)

Clannad After Story 10-14

Welp, I was wrong. There WAS another side character for them to do a tragic backstory.
The electrician (Yoshino, was it?)
It was short and nice though. And pretty much every episode after 09 has been good and felt more like the first Clannad than some filler-y character development. I used to think there was no such thing as enough character development, but I was proved wrong. Some characters could (and should) just be supporting cast, otherwise it really slows the whole thing down.

Anyway, I reached the point Corn suggested the marathon. I have a free afternoon tomorrow, so I'll try to watch the rest of the show.

Also, I just can't buy it that they
got married and even had sex without even kissing on-screen ONCE.

And Nagisa continues to be best girl.
"Tomoya-kun and I are married so... we are doing dirty things!"

Bake:
Two of my favorites at once, damn, bestill my heart. Bake 12 is an amazing episode.

Clannad:
Yes, you are there. I cannot wait to read your impressions tomorrow night. It all comes together in the final episodes. I'll leave no impressions towards spoilers, but damn, enjoy greatness.

I know Asterisk isn't really everyone's favorite show this season but the ED song is really good. Rasmus Faber worked on it, and he's also known for the Rinne no Lagrange OP.

javac

U8HzKrq.png
New releases for 19/10/15.
Blu-ray
Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse - Part 2 [MVM]
Run Time: 288 min
Audio: English 2.0, Japanese 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 BD)
Price:
BD @ Amazon.co.uk: £24.99
DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £19.99
cPdBx4rm.jpg

Nisekoi: False Love: Season 1 Part 2 [KAZE]
Run Time: 250 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ Amazon.co.uk: £32.99
DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £24.00
BD:
1amq8AOm.jpg

DVD:
J5g33hLm.jpg

Samurai Jam: Bakumatsu Rock - Complete Season Collection [Manga]
Run Time:
Audio: Japanese / English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Amazon.co.uk: £32.99
DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £29.55
y4UDcA0m.jpg

Russ T

Banned
Osomatsu-san 3
Dick and Saw joke took to long to reach the punchline. I think the funniest gag for this episode is Choromatsu sleeping problem. too many random segment in this episode. I'd rather have longer joke like the previous episode than short rapid random joke.

I feel the same, for the most part. I laughed a lot at the dick joke... D:

I really liked episode two, a lot, it's my favorite of the three so far. But this one was just all over the place. Too many misses, I guess.

Eleuin

Amazon Japan are super quick with shipping wow

Ordered the steins gate blu ray 2 days ago and its already here (Canada)

blurr

Saekano 01-03

Why am I watching this? because I thought the girls are cute

When did that ever work out for me? never

[moment of pause to remind myself I've always come to regret shows I've watched for cute girls]

I wasn't in the mood for watching anything in my non-airing list so I thought I'd start something new. This has honestly been pretty boring but that seems to be the point of the show, it's about dealing with a boring character and trying to make her more interesting and that's the reason it has any amount of my attention at the moment. Two hot closet-otakus are clearly interested in the dense MC who is also an otaku but hey, he's dedicated his life to 2D characters, 3D are too much of a pain (I feel ya bro). MC (Tomoya Aki) is really fired up about making a game (again, I feel ya bro) but he's having a hard to persuading those closet otaku girls (who happen to be experts in art and writing) to help him out. Frankly, I don't really care about his game dream no matter how much I can relate to it, I'm here for the romance and the playful humor between the characters. The former is something I'm not seeing much of, always saying to myself 'don't keep any expectations' yet here I am. There is a certain amount of playful humor between the MC and the girls but I found it very lacking. At least, I hope to see more.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What the fuck. Not watching this garbage.
I mean, it's not really a completely gloomy situation. Honestly I doubt there would be more YuruYuri otherwise, and some of the skits are still enjoyable because of the source material. There are some positive attributes about the new season that I might post about after a few more episodes.

Cornbread78

Saekano 01-03

[moment of pause to remind myself I've always come to regret shows I've watched for cute girls]

I wasn't in the mood for watching anything in my non-airing list so I thought I'd start something new. This has honestly been pretty boring but that seems to be the point of the show, it's about dealing with a boring character and trying to make her more interesting and that's the reason it has any amount of my attention at the moment. Two hot closet-otakus are clearly interested in the dense MC who is also an otaku but hey, he's dedicated his life to 2D characters, 3D are too much of a pain (I feel ya bro). MC (Tomoya Aki) is really fired up about making a game (again, I feel ya bro) but he's having a hard to persuading those closet otaku girls (who happen to be experts in art and writing) to help him out. Frankly, I don't really care about his game dream no matter how much I can relate to it, I'm here for the romance and the playful humor between the characters. The former is something I'm not seeing much of, always saying to myself 'don't keep any expectations' yet here I am. There is a certain amount of playful humor between the MC and the girls but I found it very lacking. At least, I hope to see more.

There is no real romance in season 1, it's a straight otaku, harem, romcom that is a lot of fun to watch though!

Cornbread78

oh my god, what have I gotten myself into

there's a season 2? I thought this aired fairly recently

LOL, it's a pretty funny watch.

Basically, you already saw part of season 2 in ep. 0. Season 2 was just officially announced recently and I believe it airs in ether Jan. or April.

Unless you're a glutton for punishment, drop it now and save yourself the trouble

SMH, he has a right to enjoy harem romcoms... especially pretty funny ones.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Chivalry of the Failed Knight

It's legitimately shocking how much this and Asterisk War are just straight clones of each other down to the characters, setting and plot progression.

I don't know man, how likely is it that two series come out at the exact same time that both feature a rose-haired tsundere Princess with improbable fire and sword powers? I mean, I get that is a pretty stock anime dart-board character but that number of specific characteristics combined is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention the main character is an unlucky everydude who is a master of an arcane sword art with a mysterious family history who can unseal his true powers for a very short period of time. And then first extra girl in the harem is a deadpan snarking loli childhood friend.

Based on a wiki comparison of the future plots, it gets even worse.
In AW, the next arc features MC helping out a young girl who is the heir to an ancient sword fighting dojo. In CFK, the next arc features MC helping out a young girl who is the heir to an ancient sword fighting dojo.

blurr

LOL, it's a pretty funny watch.

Basically, you already saw part of season 2 in ep. 0. Season 2 was just officially announced recently and I believe it airs in ether Jan. or April.

SMH, he has a right to enjoy harem romcoms... especially pretty funny ones.

I skipped episode 0, I didn't know if it was necessary.

Actually, I'm glad I didn't watch it as it aired, I couldn't possibly wait a week for each episode of this.

Cornbread78

I skipped episode 0, I didn't know if it was necessary.

Actually, I'm glad I didn't watch it as it aired, I couldn't possibly wait a week for each episode of this.

LOL, just enjoy it for what it is. There are some prety well written moments in there, with a lot of simple fanservice, but some really funny moments as well. I grew to really liek the characters for all their quirks..

blurr

LOL, just enjoy it for what it is. There are some prety well written moments in there, with a lot of simple fanservice, but some really funny moments as well. I grew to really liek the characters for all their quirks..

You know what, I just finished 04-05 and I've gotten used to the characters. They are quite fun, especially the moments when they react to Aki getting close to a girl or either of them. Kato is really adorable as well.

JulianImp

oh my god, what have I gotten myself into

there's a season 2? I thought this aired fairly recently

There's no season 2 AFAIK. Maybe it was announced for later or something.

I also agree with the other posters, save yourself the trouble and go watch something more worthwhile than Saekano. It's a generic romcom harem about building a VN, only they barely do anything related to VNs since the first season only served to present the cast of generic girl stereotypes that are all into the MC. The "nomal" girl is the only highlight among the cast, but that's only because she isn't a copy-paste stereotype, and it was relatively amusing to see her barely react to otaku culture and references while sometimes playing dumb in a slightly similar way to how Nadeko did in Monogatari.

Watched some more Blast of Tempest today (up to ep 5, I think), and it's kind of interesting how nearly every single character is hiding something from the rest. Simply based on what the MC's friend has been doing and the way the girl refered to him at the very start of the show, I can definitely see him as a guy that looks friendly but secretly keeps all his bitterness from losing his girlfriend to himself. While the MC wants to find her murderer to give closure to the story, it looks like his friend would probably stop at nothing in order to have her back, even if it meant betraying the whole world (ike he just did in the latest episode I saw, where he arranged a military attack in order to fake his own abduction.

While I like seeing characters with hidden depths, one thing I don't quite get is why the mages who have turned on their princess said that she'd be the one destroying the world, not them. If that were the case, then why wouldn't they try and explain things to the MC and his friend in order to win them over or something?

I'm also intrigued by the fake remains of the princess... the only thing that's certain so far is that the MC's sister's death has got to have something to do with the whole plot to revive the evil tree entity. The first thing I thought of is that they might've used the MC's sister as a body double or something, or that maybe the princess was dead all along. Actually, I liked the later theory even if it doesn't seem all that plausible now, since it would've been a fun way for them to play around the whole disembodied voice trope (only the audience has actually seen her alive on the island, after all). Then again, her corpse being reduced to a skeleton with no signs of damage probably should've tipped off the guy that something was wrong.

Firemind

Cross Game ep.47-END
OK, that ending was GOOD, I mean, damn good. I was thinking they were going to go in a different difrection for a moment there, but it ended just as I had imagined. What a touching moment; seriously good writing right there. Nothing stereotypical, nothing melo-dramtic, just good emotional writing and a great moment off the baseball field. That was excellent. Seriously this one goes up in my top 5 of all time, not just because of the nestalgic feelign it gives me, but the writing towards the end was excellent with all parties involved. I was pumped just watching the show and the outpouring of emotion towards the climax was excellent... Also, the music in the OP and ED were really good throughout. Even with the tinge of sadness they make you walk the tightrope on, the love that is brought out in the music is excellant...
You did good, son.

You should have been there when it first aired. The cliffhangers mah gawd. Every week I waited with bated breath for the episode to arrive.

Cornbread78

You did good, son.

You should have been there when it first aired. The cliffhangers mah gawd. Every week I waited with bated breath for the episode to arrive.

I seriously could not stop watching at times. It helped that I was a pitcher myself growing up and in HS, so I was completely engaged throughout. I loved that ending as you can tell. It was so well thought out and executed.

phaze

Katanagatari 10

Good episode. Having all these character realizations be from magical old monk dude memory visions is a bit heavy handed but it really doesn't bother me that much and there were quite a few cool scenes to come out of it. The twist about Shichika didn't surprise me at all, I just kind of assumed that.

Katanagatari 11

Yeah didn't even watch the preview for the last episode since they have been spoiler as fuck. 100% certain this will end in a way that pissed a lot of people off.

10th was one my faves. Loved monk's design and voice and his mannerisms.

Curious how you will react to the finale. Even now I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, it's really great and really baffling at the same time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FINAL THOUGHT
Going in, I didn't have much expectation except it's from the same creator of Oh My Goddess which give me some idea of what to come. Coming out, I will say You're Under Arrest is a fun show to watch and actually do like it quite a bit. I guess if you're coming in for the 1st time, I would consider the OVA, TV season 1, and the movie as a good part of the show. If you like the series much more and want to continue, then go watch TV season 2 and 3. If you're hardcore, then watch everything and the special. Still, try to look into the OVA and watch it as this part make me a believer with this franchise and would recommend everyone to go watch it just for that only.
ckhoEsl.jpg

You know what you need to do now!

Saekano 01-03

This is the worst show since SAO. Stop while you can. :(

Hyouka 13

The school festival itself is pretty lively but the story isn't really hooking me. MORE MYSTERIES, HYOUKA. DAMN YOU. GIVE ME MYSTERIES
Don't worry, Branduil's favourite waifu gives you a mystery soon enough.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 37

I'm getting really tired of these one note Haruka episodes. The whole time I just wanted to switch to whatever shenanigans Kirara and Towa were up to. Haruka does know that Juliet isn't a role model right? She was an idiot. Props for not getting Kanata to sub in I guess. Next episode does look interesting. But it's still a Haruka episode. Give the attention to the good character or the one who needs it.

John Blade

ckhoEsl.jpg

You know what you need to do now!

Is funny you show me this as I do own it in my collection
DSC02773_zpsl2dslbbn.jpg

As for watching it, I might someday will watch it but for now, I put it on hold unless everyone here want me to watch it and make an impression about this live action show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom