• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Hyouka 16

Man this arc just keeps trucking. Gotten significantly more interesting though. Fu has gradually become the most interesting character, but Mayaka's drama is great too!

kewlmyc

Think I'm going to give the Mongatari series another try today. I originally dropped it this during Nise, but apparently it gets much better.

Also the only anime I'm currently watching is Shomen Sample (don't judge me), Ushio and Tora, and One Punch Man, so I need some more anime to watch.

Jintor

Hyouka 18

Damn, that was excellent. I was kind of afraid after the second episode arc dip, but the festival arc really is something powerful. It's kind of amazing really that after three or four episodes of not really 'getting it' but still being compelled to continue, it all just 'clicked' and suddenly the real themes of the arc that were being followed in every storyline snapped into place.

This show's really something.

Firemind

Man, after finishing Cross Game and Nodame Cantabile Finale this week where should I go next, Emma, G Gundam, Anohana, or....
It's nothing but downhill from here.

Though G Gundam is certainly entertaining.

If you're up for a serious story, I'd give Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit a try if you haven't already.

Hyouka 18

Damn, that was excellent. I was kind of afraid after the second episode arc dip, but the festival arc really is something powerful. It's kind of amazing really that after three or four episodes of not really 'getting it' but still being compelled to continue, it all just 'clicked' and suddenly the real themes of the arc that were being followed in every storyline snapped into place.

This show's really something.

Someday I will have to try to watch it again, but damn the first 3-4 episodes were boring and unremarkable (visuals aside).

I wish I didn't have as much stuff as I do on my plate, your impressions of Hyouka keep making me want to go back to it so badly Jintor. I mean it's on my queue, but with assignments to do, Zestiria on my PS4, the weekly stuff and now Haikyuu to watch too, it's just too much. Next week I have a study break but I'm taking time off to go to NY, so I won't be able to watch anything then either.

Jintor

Someday I will have to try to watch it again, but damn the first 3-4 episodes were boring and unremarkable (visuals aside).

Nah man. You just gotta be in the right zone for it.

Compare Hyouka to any generic harem trash anime where they're fighting in an infinite war for the whatever and this guy's the main dude who whatever and he's got the power for whatever and this girl is the princess of blah, and society has blahed the blah and blah. That sounds more interesting, right? But it's all about execution. Hyouka makes the mundane interesting, and that's really an application of skill.

javac

https://www.viewster.com/omakase/
OMAKASE IS ...
• A special product delivery every two months
• Carefully curated anime merchandise
• Access to ad-free anime streaming
• Anime streaming in HD*
• Exclusive anime content*
• Digital music and comics exclusives*
$29/2 months
(+ Shipping & Handling)
Anime Loot Crate

PR
LOS ANGELES, CA – October 15, 2015 – Viewster, the worldwide video streaming service, announced today that it is now taking pre-orders for OMAKASE, its premium service featuring merchandise, streaming video, music and comics. The first bimonthly box of merchandise will feature exclusive limited edition goods from the hit anime series Kill la Kill and be available in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

“Kill la Kill is one of the greatest anime series of our generation, and featuring it in OMAKASE is the perfect way to launch our service,” said Rob Pereyda, CEO of Viewster Inc. “We hope that fans find that the experience we have crafted around Kill la Kill is as innovative as the show itself.”

OMAKASE, a new premium service from Viewster, presents a curated journey for anime fans, inspired by the Japanese concept of omakase (“chef’s choice”). OMAKASE includes bimonthly boxes of premium merchandise, together with ad-free streaming video and special digital content like original music and comics.

Shipping every other month, the bimonthly box of merchandise from OMAKASE will debut featuring Kill la Kill-themed items, including a limited edition, exclusive gold foil hardcover manga and an exclusive Senketsu “eye” scarf from the anime, with additional items being revealed leading up to launch. Conceived in-house at Viewster, the scarf is part of Viewster’s efforts to create high quality merchandise as part of the anime community, and it is being modeled on social media prior to release by several influencers in the community with the “#dontloseyourscarf” hashtag.

You heard them, pre-order now to get your hands on merchandise from one of the greatest anime series of our generation, #dontloseyourscarf.
SjXQYsH.png
CbIK78c.png

Maybe Viewster should actually make a functioning video player before they start making gift boxes.

Actually simulcasting anime this season would also be nice, they only have Serpah of the End right now (in my region)

I couldn't find any word on shows that they were going to simulcast on their social media though, only memes.

javac

Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade Update
Concerns regarding Standard and Limited edition of the backer exclusive Blu-ray package

We are aware that a lot of frustration has been appointed to our Blu-ray packaging in comparison to the theater exclusive copy released by Toho Pictures. While it is unfortunate that we were not able to satisfy our backers, please understand that the Blu-ray released by TOHO was funded individually by TOHO for the promotion of their theater release. For any questions regarding the TOHO copy of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade, please appoint the question to TOHO pictures. With the above noted, we would like to distinguish the backer exclusive version of the Blu-ray package.

The Standard Edition:
  • Includes a Blu-ray disc of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
  • Artbook of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade

The Limited Edition version:
  • Includes a Blu-ray disc of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
  • Soundtrack of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
  • Artbook of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
  • Genga(Key frame) Artbook of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
  • A film reel (animation frame) of Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
  • *Please do note that the animation frame included is not a duplication, and is the actual frame used in the animation. The frame is one and only and each individual frame is irreplaceable.
If you believe to have received the wrong copy of the Blu-ray, a protocol will be addressed near the end of this update for your guidance.

For those who have missed the opportunity to download the digital contents

We will provide multiple download links during the final week of October. (To avoid concentrated traffic to a single link)

For those who received their package, but some of your items were missing, damaged, or believe that they have received a package from the wrong reward tier

Please contact our support via direct message regarding your missing/damaged rewards by October 31st. For any inquiries after the stated date, we may not be able to comply, or may have to charge extra expense to assist your issue. Once a staff responds to your condition, you may be asked to provide several information so that we may assist your issue.

Concerns regarding the Audio commentary and the Metal badge

We are aware and at fault for the missing audio commentary and the metal badge. There has been multiple obstacles and issue regarding this project due to its unique nature, and simply put we were not prepared to tackle a project of this caliber. It is unfortunate for us, but we will have to admit that the audio commentary has slept out of our check.

To compensate for the lacking audio commentary function, we are looking into hosting an interactive live streaming of Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade with our director providing a live commentary. We hope to conduct this streaming sometime during November and will announce the specifics at a later date once we have the details settled.

Regarding the metal badges, the item has been omitted and updated to a blue post card due to budgetary issue, which we have failed to notify when we sent out the survey mails. We understand that the specifics differ greatly from what we have initially promised, and many of you are dissatisfied with the turnout. For these inconvenience, I would like to apologize on behalf of TRIGGER, and would like to plead for everyone’s understanding and mercy in regards of these two changes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...mia-2/posts/1389216?ref=backer_project_update
I guess the reply took a while because they needed to get that sweet gif made.

Qurupeke

Gintamaz° 29

Very funny episode, I loved all of these misunderstandings, especially the part with the smile. Afro Ninja is also pretty nice, too bad he's introduced so late.

Cornbread78

G Gundam!

It's nothing but downhill from here.
Though G Gundam is certainly entertaining.
If you're up for a serious story, I'd give Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit a try if you haven't already.

Go Emma if you want a good romance without the typical anime fluff. Go G Gundam if you want an epic fun action show with mecha.

I'm so up in the air where to go next, lol. Gross Game and Nodame Cantible Finale were so good, it's going to be tough.

LOL, and you had to post the censured version as well. So PC...

some hentai stuff right there....

I'm so up in the air where to go next, lol. Gross Game and Nodame Cantible Finale were so good, it's going to be tough.

Dude, G Gundam is an anime that reminds us why we watch anime.

It's about ROBOTS.

It's about MEN.

It's about men communicating with their FISTS.

It's even got one of the best, if not THE best, love story in all of Gundam.

It's so good.

Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note Episode 3 – The Missing Bike Knows Part 3
CR2SGNCWEAA1UlC.png

These kids have some high levels of intuition and such. Surely the socials and sciences courses are pretty awesome over there. I do wonder how they can actually succeed in their mission, though the larger question is what will Wakatake do about getting a replacement bike before his parents find out and cut off his allowance.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yowamushi Pedal 1-9

Did not expect that I would enjoy this show as much as I do. Coming from Haikyuu I thoguht the rest of the sports anime would pale in comparison but this one holds up.
I do think Haikyuu!! is better both in animation quality/artstyle and story but it's not that far between them in these places.

Episode 9 had some really hype moments, like really hype monents and the whole race that has been going on for a few episodes were great and adrenaline rushing.
Now it's just to see how much the MC evolves forward. As at the moment he has talent but he doesn't really have the physical capability to be top tier.

John Blade

Is this just for you to go watch or is it for the Let's watch anime topic? If for you to watch, I guess it come down to what type of mood of show you want to watch as of now. Do you want more action show or sometime slow pace style show, or do you want a comedy romance, or pure romance with good character development.

Cornbread78

Is this just for you to go watch or is it for the Let's watch anime topic? If for you to watch, I guess it come down to what type of mood of show you want to watch as of now. Do you want more action show or sometime slow pace style show, or do you want a comedy romance, or pure romance with good character development.

After those two, I'm at a Cross Roads, lol.

I LOVED the ending of Cross Game, but thought the ending of Nodame was abrupt, rushed and anti-climactic of sorts (the reast of the show was great).

Uggh....

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 78
CR2cS1EUsAA_ctF.png

Best Academia returns. Hope his role gets even larger.

Also hearing Kageyama (HQ) va as the duelist this time made me chuckle a bit. Hes in so many anime these days. Ive always wanted to hear him say Synchro Shokan.

pbayne

Yowamushi Pedal 1-9

Did not expect that I would enjoy this show as much as I do. Coming from Haikyuu I thoguht the rest of the sports anime would pale in comparison but this one holds up.
I do think Haikyuu!! is better both in animation quality/artstyle and story but it's not that far between them in these places.

Episode 9 had some really hype moments, like really hype monents and the whole race that has been going on for a few episodes were great and adrenaline rushing.
Now it's just to see how much the MC evolves forward. As at the moment he has talent but he doesn't really have the physical capability to be top tier.

Watch Ippo. The undisputed king of sports anime.

Also how's the pacing in Yowamushi? The big thing holding me back from watching it is someone told me its horrifically slow for anything to happen, for the plot to progress.

phaze

Katanagatari 12 END

Nah people who didn't like this finale are fucking nuts. I understand, it's kind of a big "fuck you" and everyone fails at everything but really, I cannot imagine a better ending. It pulls absolutely no punches and man is it 100x better off for that, a lot of anime series tend to end in a limp way so I can really respect an ending that is so definite. If you can't at least appreciate that tower climb then I don't know what to say.

Huh, people dislike it because of that ?

Things that bothered me were: the nonsensical Shikizaki Kiki plan, zero explanation for Emonzaemon's backstory and motives, Shichika's explanation for his actions not meshing well with his actions ... A few other things too but it's been a while. Still a greatly executed episode even despite my gripes. Best moment.

Also how's the pacing in Yowamushi? The big thing holding me back from watching it is someone told me its horrifically slow for anything to happen, for the plot to progress.

Yowapeda pacing gets incredibly slow, rounds of the big race just drag and drag and drag.

John Blade

After those two, I'm at a Cross Roads, lol.

I LOVED the ending of Cross Game, but thought the ending of Nodame was abrupt, rushed and anti-climactic of sorts (the reast of the show was great).

Uggh....

Well...if you like those old style anime with comedic style romance, then maybe Maison Ikkoku but it's a very long show and from what I gather, too many fillers but if you like those style of show, then maybe got for it.

If you want another sport anime, then look into Princess Nine. I am not into sport anime but this is my 1st one and it was actually not too bad. It's actually entertaining to watch. I did an impression about this show and you can look into here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170602378&postcount=327).

I will say the show is more into the team work of the characters who join the baseball team and see how their all work together as a team even when they is trouble between them. They is a romance side of it which is also important part of the show but if you read my impression, it's also kinda the weakness because the issue I discuss in my impression. I guess if you want more sport anime, I might consider to look into this show as it's a fun show to watch.

If you want a good romance anime but nothing too crazy in anime fluff like I say in my past post, then look into Emma A Victorian Romance. They won't be any comedy stuff here but you see a very good design of character development for the two main characters. In the way, the main strength of the entire show is come down to those two characters you follow and how they have to work out the issue they're in just so they can be together even though it's taboo to do it at that time. Kinda remind me a bit of downton abbey when watching it. I don't want to beat the dead horse here as you know my impression of the show so I will stop talking about this show and hope you do watch it when you have the chance.

Well...if you like those old style anime with comedic style romance, then maybe Maison Ikkoku but it's a very long show and from what I gather, too many fillers but if you like those style of show, then maybe got for it.
It doesn't have a problem with fillers, it's just longer than it needs to be. Though Maison Ikkoku isn't something I think Cornbread would care for, 90 episodes of misunderstandings would probably just frustrate him based on how he likes romance to progress.

Puruzi

Banned

listen to this person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom