• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I want to watch Maison Ikkoku at one point, the Blu-rays are something I'm trying to pick up. Same with Touch, Urusei Yatsura, Yawara and Galaxy Express 999. I'm getting there slowly, set by set. Expensive shit man but man do they look good.

Dance with Devils Episode 3
CR2mMOFUsAAGdCF.png
CR2m0c6U8AAvhYa.png

Lindo tied for best or second best for me. I hope he sings, his character song sounds good but he didnt do any of that in the anime.

John Blade

I want to watch Maison Ikkoku at one point, the Blu-rays are something I'm trying to pick up. Same with Touch, Urusei Yatsura, Yawara and Galaxy Express 999. I'm getting there slowly, set by set. Expensive shit man but man do they look good.

The Blu-ray is expensive as hell the last time I check and they is no Eng sub so you better know Japanese to understand what is happening in the show. I own the DVD North American release and do hope they do release the Blu-ray to North America but as of now we can only wish for now.

javac

The Blu-ray is expensive as hell the last time I check and they is no Eng sub so you better know Japanese to understand what is happening in the show. I own the DVD North American release and do hope they do release the Blu-ray to North America but as of now we can only wish for now.

They're expensive for sure, but I don't mind too much in the end. Instead of spending $20 here and there on mediocre releases that get churned out every week I just save my cash and put it all towards one nice import of a classic show. Lack of English subs has never deterred me in the past :p

Hmm after having read several complaints about the lack of a last The World God Only Knows season I decided to read the rest of the manga. I don't even think highly of this show but supposedly the ending was good an' everything.

Well, I did like the very last chapter. The eighty or so beforehand were a major waste of time though.

I enjoyed the third anime season because the crazy setting made it interesting to then follow a suddenly (somewhat) serious take and see how the character develop. However, the general harem antics, world building and writing overall are forgettable otherwise. So to no surprise the fantasy-magic-filled stuff just bored me.

Thus, if you primarily liked the third season of the anime, too, and would love to have more closure, I'd recommend just skipping to the very last 2 chapters immediately.

jordisok

Interested to see what you think of Maison, I'm halfway through collecting the manga (in English, also not that easy :( ) and I absolutely adore it.

Had no idea all these had blu ray releases! why no English subs that's so frustrating. (well they are JP releases but..)

Shomin Sample - 03

are you fucking kidding me

We've entered the age of super loli's, nothing but despair awaits us now...

I got something to fill your void...

ANIME VIDEO GAMES

Slightly off-topic but are there actual any anime video games that go for the same approach as that South Park Stick of Truth game? In the way that they try to recreate the original feel of the show.

The only anime games I can think of are beat-em-ups, fighting games and visual novels.

Please tell me that guy isn't some kind of harem MC and supposedly roughly the same age of that girl...

She's 1 year younger than the MC. And the scenes before that one, she was throwing her clothes off, and later had to dress her, because she can't do it herself. There was a "misunderstanding scene" afterwards where he held her panties

She's 1 year younger than the MC. And the scenes before that one, she was throwing her clothes off, and later had to dress her, because she can't do it herself. There was a "misunderstanding scene" afterwards where he held her panties

Alright then. I'm assuming you're already in the process of setting that anime aflame!

javac

Interested to see what you think of Maison, I'm halfway through collecting the manga (in English, also not that easy :( ) and I absolutely adore it.

Had no idea all these had blu ray releases! why no English subs that's so frustrating. (well they are JP releases but..)

Yeah I'm really excited to watch Maison Ikkoku soon, it looks really good and up my alley! I own the first BD set and the second is on the way so I might start it soon.

In case anybody is wondering, the blu-ray sets are below:

YAWARA!
YAWARA! Blu-ray BOX1
Number of discs: 7
Release Date: 2014/08/20
¥ 32,533
YAWARA! Blu-ray BOX2
Number of discs: 7
Release Date: 2014/12/24
¥ 35,400
YAWARA! Blu-ray BOX3
Number of discs: 8
Release Date: 2015/03/25
¥ 38,361
ZdWHB3P.jpg

Touch
Touch Blu-ray BOX 1
Release Date: 2013/07/26
¥ 33,300
u6g97Lj.jpg

Touch Blu-ray BOX 2
Number of discs: 6
Release Date:2013/08/23
¥ 21,665
gSG2sv6.jpg

Urusei Yatsura
Urusei Yatsura TV Box 01
Release Date: 2013/03/27
¥ 30,842
Urusei Yatsura TV Box 02
Release Date: 2013/07/31
¥ 29,315
Urusei Yatsura TV Box 03
Release Date: 2013/11/27
¥ 29,315
Urusei Yatsura TV Box 04
Number of discs: 9
Release Date: 2014/03/26
¥ 32,979

Maison Ikkoku
Maison Ikkoku TV Box 1
Release Date: 2013/12/25
¥ 29,315
Maison Ikkoku TV Box 2
Release Date: 2014/04/23
¥ 31,253

blurr

Saekano 04-08

Yea, I'm still watching this, finishing anime is my OCD.

I like Kato because she's very adorable but that's about all I can say about her. Rest of the girls are your textbook examples of Tsundere and Kuudere but that's okay, they are looking great and have a fair share of laughs and playfulness with Aki although there are times I just can't take their nature. I just can't seem to care about Aki's game plan though, that's probably just a plot device. It seems to be the only thing that's driving his relationship with those girls. Every now and then there's an ethical/ideological talk about creators but it's very rare of it to say something of actual value in that regard. The weirdest/weakest part of the show has to be his relationship with Kato, she's the inspiration for the heroine of his game but it's really strange of him to be obsessed with what she does and how she looks when it doesn't even matter. Is she his consistent supply of inspiration? or does he not realize he is actually in love with her? rather continues to see her as an ideal heroine of his imagination.

I'm just trying to make the most of my time watching this.

Damn that 'Touch' BD artwork would easily work for Cross Game o,,O

I haven't seen the former so I actually checked to make sure and yeh, guess the art style and characters look very, very similar (yehyeh, same manga author/artist, still).

JulianImp

Still catching up on Blast of Tempest, and I've been really liking the way nearly everybody keeps secrets from the others. I'm still convinced that the MC's friend is going to be the most dangerous character out there, and also knew that the "bad guys" would ultimately turn out to be well-intentioned since the show appears to be all about secrets and half-truths. Repeatedly quoting Hamlet as a way to refer to the MC's quest for revenge at any cost is a bit ham-fisted for my taste, but then again it also helps pose the question of what's going to happen once he manages to avenge Aika's death.

I definitely didn't expect a cast of characters with complex and sometimes downright contradictory motivations, which have made this show a pleasant surprise from what I've seen so far.

Shomin Sample - 03

are you fucking kidding me

Time to whine about harem shows going too far once again. It isn't like shows that justify lolis as vampires or whatever are any better, but not even trying to explain why a high school girl looks like a grade schooler at best is even more questionable.

John Blade

They're expensive for sure, but I don't mind too much in the end. Instead of spending $20 here and there on mediocre releases that get churned out every week I just save my cash and put it all towards one nice import of a classic show. Lack of English subs has never deterred me in the past :p

Well...I do wish you luck to get them. Also, get the OVA and Movie version as they already release in Japan now. As for me, I will need the time to go watch it but as of now, I am putting anime watching on hold a bit because of my work here.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Damn that 'Touch' BD artwork would easily work for Cross Game o,,O

I haven't seen the former so I actually checked to make sure and yeh, guess the art style and characters look very, very similar (yehyeh, same manga author/artist, still).

Adachi definitely have weakness with same face for his protagonist. At least he quite self aware of it and often made joke about it in his manga. Heck, he once made a mistake recognizing his character during interview/tv segment.
I still love his works though.

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon Episode 3 – A Witch Joins
CR3Qi7wU8AA_obw.png

Althought some parts of this anime arent unique and such it is still pretty fun and hilarious. Mari confirmed as best of the femcharacters easily and helps make Ohtori more bearable.

I cant wait for more magic and sword skills. Takeru is in my top five male characters this season.

Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai - 03

Mari gets walked in on by male MC wearing only her towel. I'm just waiting for the iyaaaa!~ along with a quick camera movement to the sky.
Instead she calmly responds that she's didn't expect MC to be home this early. Then proceeds to ask him to step outside for a moment, because she's insecure and embarrassed. This isn't what I signed up for!

Mari, you're okay in my book. Bonus for smug. And smug.
Disappointed in no Vlad this time, and next to none Congratulations Girl, though her eating popcorn was pretty great.

Cornbread78

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? ep.1
B0RgmMD.gif

Oh my sides, they hurt... That was good. I love a littel comedy in there and this one delivered in the first episode. I'll have to get over some ov ther other useless crap involved, but the humor was really good here and I look forward to seing where this one goes, lol.

there, it's no longer tumblr...

javac

Everybody talks about Touch and Cross Game and while they do look great, and I plan on watching the former, I really want to check out both Miyuki and H2, two other Mitsuru Adachi series even-though I doubt that they're as good.

Well...I do wish you luck to get them. Also, get the OVA and Movie version as they already release in Japan now. As for me, I will need the time to go watch it but as of now, I am putting anime watching on hold a bit because of my work here.

Will do, also no harm in taking a break, hopefully your work pans out. I'm still in the middle of a break from watching anime myself, I feel really drained out and tired of anime for a while now, which might be hard to believe since I still post here but yeah man, fuck anime.

Blood Orphans - 03

My favorite episode yet. Honestly, I'll probably never empathize much with these characters as they possess the typical Okada shallowness, but if the story is paced as quickly as it's been so far, it could still be an enjoyable enough experience.

Having Mikazuki just kill some, pretty much defenseless, enemies without hesitation and major inner turmoil/melodrama was refreshing in the realms of anime. Instead of dragging out the inevitable and being overly benevolent these guys at least pull no punches.

I'm also glad that this show isn't constantly throwing flashbacks of Mika and Orga at us. We were shown parts of a very important event in their life once at the beginning and have gotten a few minor hints at it since then. I can't stand it if a show tries to live of its mysteries and is way too on the nose with it (e.g. Terror in Tokyo). In Blood Orphans I'm aware of it, it obviously plays a role for the characterization of Mika and Orga and the plot moves at a good pace without alluding to it every second moment.

Now I was wondering if it could keep up and thought the chances for the show being decent at 12-13 episodes is rather high. Checking MAL though, we're apparently getting 25 so yeh, I expect a drop-off sometime.

phaze

Blood Orphans - 03

My favorite episode yet. Honestly, I'll probably never empathize much with these characters as they possess the typical Okada shallowness, but if the story is paced as quickly as it's been so far, it could still be an enjoyable enough experience.

Having Mikazuki just kill some, pretty much defenseless, enemies without hesitation and major inner turmoil/melodrama was refreshing in the realms of anime. Instead of dragging out the inevitable and being overly benevolent these guys at least pull no punches.

I'm also glad that this show isn't constantly throwing flashbacks of Mika and Orga at us. We were shown parts of a very important event in their life once at the beginning and have gotten a few minor hints at it since then. I can't stand it if a show tries to live of its mysteries and is way too on the nose with it (e.g. Terror in Tokyo). In Blood Orphans I'm aware of it, it obviously plays a role for the characterization of Mika and Orga and the plot moves at a good pace without alluding to it every second moment.

Now I was wondering if it could keep up and thought the chances for the show being decent at 12-13 episodes is rather high. Checking MAL though, we're apparently getting 25 so yeh, I expect a drop-off sometime.

Wasn't this supposed to be 50 eps just with some break in the middle ?

petran79

Banned
Everybody talks about Touch and Cross Game and while they do look great, and I plan on watching the former, I really want to check out both Miyuki and H2, two other Mitsuru Adachi series even-though I doubt that they're as good.

Touch is not strictly a baseball or even sports anime. Very few matches there are exciting and the first 26 episodes devote most of the time to boxing and rhythmic gymnastics.

I liked more the first 26 episodes to be honest. The direction, colors and pacing were excellent. Afterwards quality drops but it is still a good series

You've read or seen one Adachi title, you've read or seen them all....

Blood Orphans - 03
It's a Gundam TV series, why would you expect it to be single cour?

Puruzi

Banned
Do you have to watch gunbuster before diebuster? I don't care for how gunbuster looks, but diebuster looks fucking awesome

Well, G-Reco was single cour, wasn't it?

There's a chance this one might be too.

Nope G-Reco was 2 cour and the only Gundam TV series that didn't eventually total up to 4 through sequels like GBF and 00 did. Well, the OG series and X didn't but that's because they were canned, they were going to.

Do you have to watch gunbuster before diebuster? I don't care for how gunbuster looks, but diebuster looks fucking awesome

100% yes

javac

Touch is not strictly a baseball or even sports anime. Very few matches there are exciting and the first 26 episodes devote most of the time to boxing and rhythmic gymnastics.

I liked more the first 26 episodes to be honest. The direction, colors and pacing were excellent. Afterwards quality drops but it is still a good series

You've read or seen one Adachi title, you've read or seen them all....

Unlike many people in this thread, I don't mind sports being the focus in an anime series, however I also don't mind if the sport itself takes a back seat as I'm here for the characters and interactions first and foremost and the sports is usually a way in which to instigate said interactions so I don't mind it if baseball isn't the focus here as I have no true affinity towards the particular sport (the only sport I care about is Rugball!). In fact I very much expect it to be a romance/SoL series. What is interesting however is your distinction between the first 26 episodes and the quality and the dip thereafter so that is something I will keep in mind but again, not something that deters me. Excited to check it out when I get the time in the future.

In any case, thanks for the info I appreciate it :)

Nope G-Reco was 2 cour and the only Gundam TV series that didn't eventually total up to 4 through sequels like GBF and 00 did. Well, the OG series and X didn't but that's because they were canned, they were going to.

Ah, I was talking about the fact that G-Reco didn't get 50 episodes. Should've been more specific, haha.

On second thought, I imagine G-Reco not getting a sequel was due to Tomino being in charge of the project and even he acknowledges that G-Reco was pretty much a mess so I can't imagine him wanting to continue it, lol.

javac

I used to be a massive Gunbuster nut, own the BD sets and the figures and as much as I still love the ending as I think about it after all these years, I don't care for it anymore at all. What was once a top 5 for me, eh I'm over it now.

And trust me, it pains me to say this as I'm usually very stubborn and hate burying things that I once held up as a beacon of light, but into the trash it goes.

Sakurako-san 03

Pretty good episode. We finally learn a little more about Soutarou and with that one can deduce why Sakurako keeps Shoutarou around. The mystery this week wasn't anything mindblowing, but it served to tell us more about Kougami and develop her relationship with the main characters. Overall it was a good episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom