• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://soundcloud.com/squiar/one-punch-man-op-ikareru-kobushi-ni-hi-wo-tsukero-the-hero
Here is the full opening for One Punch Man.
And here is the lyrics:
wXfC3Uo.jpg

Credit to vonikay(reddit)
k bye

Cornbread78

With my short watch list and feeling in the mood I've started a Kimi ni Todoke rewatch.

Watched the first two episodes.

Oh god I'd forgotten how adorable Sawako is. So want to give her a hug.

She's also, by far, one of the most frustrating female leads to watch in anime history, lol

Jintor

Hyouka 19

lol Oreki you rused yourself

Pretty boring bottle episode tbh. But I appreciate that Oreki in pre-school morning scenes always has atrocious bed head, and that his ridiculous sherlockian ability to extrapolate is effectively infinite.

Quasar

Ugg, after two seasons is there at least a decent ending or is it another "thanks for watching bitches, go buy the ln/manga" ending?

I don't actually remember.

Looking at Wikipedia, it does wrap up a arc fairly completely. But really the novels are 19 volumes that only wrapped up a few months ago.

As I recall we only got to see the very start of relationships that developed over the novel series.

phaze

Monogatari S2 21-26

Watching Kaiki getting exposed by Yotsugi may very well be my favourite moment of this arc. Peace ! Peace !

Best arc of Mono remains the best but it's also, like most of this whole second season, better than I remembered. Maybe cause I was marathoning the whole show up till this point and some fatigue sneaked in or I can just follow the dialogue better now. In any case, Kaiki is a great lead, effortlessly charming in his very own, scumbag way. Of course, this arc does very well in exploring and shedding light on his character and during this process, our scumbag from Nise turns out to be more of an unsung hero. Unsung till the very end even. The talk no jutsu at the end, while simple. is surprisingly well thought out even with the silly
manga
plot device. (Joke is on you Nadeko
live as a mangaka is suffering !)
Kaiki for the motivational speaker of the whatever year this aired in.

All in all, great arc. The one thing that kinda bothered me were the seemingly lackluster visuals. The CG snakes don't look very good (though I can't imagine what it would take to hand draw that sequence) and a lot of the backgrounds seemed more simplistic than usually. Maybe cause there was lots of snow everywhere. The arc also lacked any visually outlier sequence like that used for Hanekawa's travels, Oshino's time travel explanations or the Shinobu flashback.

Will have to check out how Tsuki holds up to see where I'd rank this one now but it's in either of the two top spots.It's funny how much of foreshadowing for Hanamonogatari I missed during the first watch. Kaiki mentions Kanbaru's mother during in the few text panels and he even meets Numachi Rouka.

https://soundcloud.com/squiar/one-punch-man-op-ikareru-kobushi-ni-hi-wo-tsukero-the-hero
Here is the full opening for One Punch Man.
And here is the lyrics:

k bye

"(Nobody knows who he is!)"

Haha, awesome that this part is actually in English. My favorite bit of animation plays in that moment. Flailing through the air and then just smacking the mountain of a monster at the end.

The one thing that kinda bothered me were the seemingly lackluster visuals. The CG snakes don't look very good (though I can't imagine what it would take to hand draw that sequence) and a lot of the backgrounds seemed more simplistic than usually.

Yeh those masses of snakes looked like a blurry mess.

petran79

Banned
When I get back into watching stuff, sometime soon, I think that I've narrowed down my options down as to what I watch next:
  • Marco, From the Apennines to the Andes (Isao Takahata)
  • Anne of Green Gables (Isao Takahata)
  • My Daddy Long Legs
  • Oniisama e... (Dezaki)
  • The Snow Queen (Dezaki)
  • Ie Naki Ko (Dezaki)
  • Future Boy Conan (Miyazaki)

No idea which I'll start with.

I did watch them all back then! Best series ever when subbed
There is a Blueray version of Akage no Anne and hope someone muxes it with the existing English subs, just like Heidi. Animation and background quality lost a lot in the DVD version.

They did it with the German version

Cornbread78

I don't actually remember.

Looking at Wikipedia, it does wrap up a arc fairly completely. But really the novels are 19 volumes that only wrapped up a few months ago.

As I recall we only got to see the very start of relationships that developed over the novel series.

Oh well, I started it for the comedy anyway. Maybe there will be a third season to finish off the story at some point then. Any idea on how the reception and sales were of the first two seasons?

pbayne

Oh well, I started it for the comedy anyway. Maybe there will be a third season to finish off the story at some point then. Any idea on how the reception and sales were of the first two seasons?

Dunno about the dvd sales but the manga is a mega hit in Japan. Like some years it was it the top three most selling manga of the year. Baffling why they didn't get a third season.

Jintor

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-to-create-company-to-co-produce-anime/.94495

Media distribution service Crunchyroll and Japanese trading company Sumitomo Corporation announced on Thursday that they have launched a joint venture to create a company focused on funding anime co-production projects. By being part of an anime's production committee, the company can immediately acquire foreign distribution rights and promote anime outside of Japan.

Crunchyroll and Sumitomo Corporation have yet to announce the company's name, the amount that either participant is investing, or the scope of the investment.

The announcement lists that Crunchyroll has 700,000 paying subscribers and more than 10 million registered users worldwide.

lol. funny from where they started

Sterok

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2

They're really not holding back on the whole child soldiers thing. Mika is cold, yet caring. Orga is a bro. Biscuit's sisters are cute. Old guy not wanting to fight kids is cool.

blurr

Saekano 09-12

I regret starting this yet I was fully aware of what it potentially could have been.

At least there was some fan service-y bits.

I'm gonna cry about the wasted 4 hours now.

Ascheroth

35th Test Platoon - 03

Eh, still not bad but also not good. Something just feels off when I watch this, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's just the pacing, which is still kinda frantic and disconnected, but I feel like there's something else too.
Anyway it still looks like they are continuing to use just 2 episodes for a whole volume and I don't know what they were thinking when they decided this.

Cornbread78

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? ep.4-6:
The past 3 episodes have gone through a weird tonal shift to a more intense action packed format with some feels built in as they go through some character developement. I'm watching this for the comedy, but outside of some of the useless fanservice, there is some good writing and storyline built into this show. Well, I need more comedy, so bring it back dammit..

Saekano 09-12

I regret starting this yet I was fully aware of what it potentially could have been.

If nothing else, you are abotu to come up onto some of the best 1 liners in the entire show in the final episode. Literally made me bust out laughing multiple times during the club scenes.

blurr

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? ep.4-6:
The past 3 episodes have gone through a weird tonal shift to a more intense action packed format with some feels built in as they go through some character developement. I'm watching this for the comedy, but outside of some of the useless fanservice, there is some good writing and storyline built into this show. Well, I need more comedy, so bring it back dammit..

If nothing else, you are abotu to come up onto some of the best 1 liners in the entire show in the final episode. Literally made me bust out laughing multiple times during the club scenes.

I thought 12th was the last episode.

Also, Saekano is the 200th anime I completed according to MAL! http://myanimelist.net/animelist/blurr82

javac

Anime Limited posted some pics of the first press box that comes with the first 1000 units of Mobile Suit Gundam which is out on Blu-ray on November 30th but will also be available with the box at MCM London Comic Con this weekend alongside Full Metal Panic Ultimate Edition Blu-ray, Baccano Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray, Tokyo Ghoul Standard Edition DVD and Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Limited Edition Blu-ray.

UK Anime Network posted a hands on with the disc. It's pretty much identical to the US RightStuf release outside of the Anime Limited logo at the start.

Through the mailbox: Mobile Suit Gundam - Part 1

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Saekano 09-12

He's an obnoxious nerd with a stupid haircut but all of the hottest girls in school are tripping over themselves to fuck him.

:lightnovel:

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My favorite shitty harem trope is when they try to introduce a "plain" or less attractive girl, but she actually looks like a moe blob because there's only one female anime face and they just change the hairstyle and clothes.

blurr

He's an obnoxious nerd with a stupid haircut but all of the hottest girls in school are tripping over themselves to fuck him.

:lightnovel:

IKR

Wow your PTW is massive. There are some shows in their id kill to be able to see for the first time again.

Beserk, Azumanga Diaoh, Trigun, Akira, Kawai Complex, Arakawa...oh man you have some watching aead of you.

My actual PTW list is in my phone. I just dump whatever in MAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom