• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takahiro, Romeo Tanaka's Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu TV anime announced, coming winter 2016
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/71932

Director: Takuya Sato
Series Composition: Ayana Yuniko
Character Design: Noguchi Takayuki
Studio: Project No.9

Buntarou doesn’t know what he wants to do in the future, he does not have any kind of dream that he wants to pursue. So currently he just spends his days hanging around with his friends. When one day his classmate Sayuki asks him if he wants to help with development of a galge. She says that she had become interested in his help after she read one his works intended for the drama club.

Buntarou doesn’t know anything about gal games but Sayuki claims that she has the ability to make it a success. Can they make the game and will it be a success like she claims it will be? This is the story of youths taking a daring step into the unknown…

The VN will release at 2016 March, so it's a TV anime to promote the VN i guess.

Smoking is my sanity...
I got into it as a teenager towards the end of high school. Smoked for 2 years after, but I quit cold turkey, I suffer from lung problems anyway so starting was a dumb mistake. Don't regret quitting one bit. Although sometimes I still dream about smoking, and wake up disappointed in myself, only to realize it didn't happen at all lol.

Cornbread78

I got into it as a teenager towards the end of high school. Smoked for 2 years after, but I quit cold turkey, I suffer from lung problems anyway so starting was a dumb mistake. Don't regret quitting one bit. Although sometimes I still dream about smoking, and wake up disappointed in myself, only to realize it didn't happen at all lol.

I partied and drank ALOT in H.S so it was inevitable that I'd light up, then I just never stopped after that. Life's been too stressful to quit, lol. Be happy you did quit because it's hard to... I wish I never started..

Narcos had plenty of smoking. That was another show that made my lungs feel disgusting. And no I do not smoke lol.

Narcos is also a show about cocaine and murdering ruthless drug lords. So smoking wasn't going to exactly look bad in it if any of the 'good guys' smoked (cant recall).

edit: forgot to say it's an online show for mature audiences too. They don't have to worry to adhere to silly fucking american codes to air in national channels.

I partied and drank ALOT in H.S so it was inevitable that I'd light up, then I just never stopped after that. Life's been too stressful to quit, lol. Be happy you did quit because it's hard to... I wish I never started..
Heh guess everyone has their vices anyway. Just keep yourself healthy man. Know a ton of gramps in my home country that smoked like chimneys and lived till they were 90. But I also know of others who sadly weren't so lucky. I always recommend to quit. But I've been there so I know that you know you should, but probably can't aha.

Narcos is also a show about cocaine and murdering ruthless drug lords. So smoking wasn't going to exactly look bad in it if any of the 'good guys' smoked (cant recall).

Well yeah the "good guys" did smoke a bunch but I also think it's more because of the time and setting. Back in the day everyone smoked. Heck I bet in Columbia they still do. Back where I'm from it's the same, smoking and drinking is allowed at 16.

I mentioned it before but for anyone who doesn't know the JJBA release is pretty atrocious.

Don't think it was posted here -

This isn't even the worst of it. When you get to the end of an episode, it plays the credits. All of them. They're not skippable and the menu button does not work while the credits are playing. The only way you can avoid being stuck watching the credits is by quickly hitting the menu button before the episode ends. You wanted to marathon Jojo by just letting each episode play from one to the next? Too damn bad.
There's also no real subtitles. The only English subtitles available are closed captioned for the hard of hearing, which is literally just the English dub word-for-word. It's also timed to the English audio, not the Japanese audio. Why they didn't also include the subtitle track for the Japanese audio that was actually on the Japanese release of Part 1/2 is beyond me.
Half-assed doesn't even begin to describe this. The fact that this atrocity made it passed quality control and into the hands of the consumer is beyond me. Absolutely zero effort went into it. Like other people said, it looks like something a 12 year old threw together in Nero during lunch. And then they'll complain about piracy ruining the industry. It's ridiculous.

Oh yeah and it's DVD only. ????

Heh guess everyone has their vices anyway. Just keep yourself healthy man. Know a ton of gramps in my home country that smoked like chimneys and lived till they were 90. But I also know of others who sadly weren't so lucky. I always recommend to quit. But I've been there so I know that you know you should, but probably can't aha.

Well yeah the "good guys" did smoke a bunch but I also think it's more because of the time and setting. Back in the day everyone smoked. Heck I bet in Columbia they still do. Back where I'm from it's the same, smoking and drinking is allowed at 16.

When i was 14 I could walk to a super market, looking like a tiny ass kid, check out the liquor and pass in front of a cop without anybody saying shit.

JulianImp

I mentioned it before but for anyone who doesn't know the JJBA release is pretty atrocious.

Don't think it was posted here -

Oh yeah and it's DVD only. ????

Somebody over at the JoJo OT confirmed that there's a latin release, but it's just the same crappy English one, only with Spanish subs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182623712&postcount=7985

Also, the box says it has Thai subs, but they apparently don't exist. Not that it made any sense for them to release the latin version with Thai subs, anyway.

When i was 14 I could walk to a super market, looking like a tiny ass kid, check out the liquor and pass in front of a cop without anybody saying shit.
LOL same! When I moved to Canada and discovered that alcohol wasn't sold in supermarkets, but instead was sold in actual liquor stores I was so shocked. Also milk in bags. And liquid Nesquik. And the list goes on and on.
I went from smoking to a kid's chocolate drink mixture. It's been a great run LOL.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ok, I'll do a vote tomorrow between:

- Kyousougiga
- Kids on the Slope
- Mirai Nikki

We will each these three next, but voting will determine order.

I also need to know who HASN'T already seen them. If everyone already has watched them, it's pointless.

I think people would get a lot of entertainment value out of Mirai (because Yuno is in it) but Kids on the Slope is pretty damn good and not super :anime: dat festival scene

Crocodile

Speaking of Mirai, or its author to be more exact, he did another work called Big Order.

And it's getting an anime adaptation in 2016.

Not gonna lie, main character looks like a slightly older Ganta...

Is this even half as batshit insane as Future Diary?

Lain

Valkyrie Drive Mermaid 1-2

I totally forgot this show was part of that Marvelous videogame franchise, so I wasn't expecting quite that show of tits and nipples.
What to say, I like Mirei, both design wise as well as what little personality shown. I don't like Mamori all that much, too naive and unable to stand her ground.
The rest of the cast shown I either fully dislike (Charlotte) or think nothing about them.
I guess I'll keep following for the fights, tits animations and to know more about Mirei.

Russ T

Banned
Man, I love that The Perfect Insider and One Punch Man are basically polar opposites in terms of tone and goal, and they're two of my favorite anime this season (tied with Haikyuu!!).

What a fuckin' baller season.

Spice & Wolf II Episode 0
nTwI4Ar.jpg

Love the new art style! It looks so much better. Great new OP as well, which gives off a totally different vibe than the first.

Holo talking to herself and rolling around in bed was great and I like how she took Lawrences jacket and slept with it. She was very childish but adorable.
Now that she's accepted her feelings for Lawrence, she cant ignore the elephant in the room any longer. Even if they fall in love, she will outlive him and she will become all alone once again.

Nora was super cute too and the story about her sheep was hilarious. Glad Holo got past her jealousy and the two girls were able to bond.

Man, I love that The Perfect Insider and One Punch Man are basically polar opposites in terms of tone and goal, and they're two of my favorite anime this season (tied with Haikyuu!!).

What a fuckin' baller season.

Insider, OPM and Gundam are my trio of perfection this season. Owari is God-tier so it's not even up for discussion. Those are the 4 I look forward to the most. Still I agree, there are tons of great shows this season.

Is this even half as batshit insane as Future Diary?

Having read just a bit, it seems like it ramps up the powers, and what people can do with their powers, while having the characters be a more grounded. Or at least not as batshit crazy as they were in Future Diary.

On a another note, for the people who finished the Spice and Wolf light novel, how do they get around the whole...
Holo wanting to be with Lawrence, but the whole being immortal problem?

Do they just decide to spent the time they have together?

Cornbread78

nTwI4Ar.jpg

Love the new art style! It looks so much better. Great new OP as well, which gives off a totally different vibe than the first.

Holo talking to herself and rolling around in bed was great and I like how she took Lawrences jacket and slept with it. She was very childish but adorable.
Now that she's accepted her feelings for Lawrence, she cant ignore the elephant in the room any longer. Even if they fall in love, she will outlive him and she will become all alone once again.

Nora was super cute too and the story about her sheep was hilarious. Glad Holo got past her jealousy and the two girls were able to bond.

You're not ready for this trip, lol.

Having read just a bit, it seems like it ramps up the powers, and what people can do with their powers, while having the characters be a more grounded. Or at least not as batshit crazy as they were in Future Diary.

On a another note, for the people who finished the Spice and Wolf light novel, how do they get around the whole...
Holo wanting to be with Lawrence, but the whole being immortal problem?

Do they just decide to spent the time they have together?

I haven't read the novels, but you can read the wiki.

Apparently there are two endings, you pick what you consider the stopping point.

The series ended
with a bittersweet ending where they decide they'll live and love until Lawrence dies, and then Holo will live on and probably love someone else later in her life

Then if i recall there was either an epilogue or alternate ending novel where
they live together and have kids so even iwhen Lawrence dies she'll have their family to keep her company

I haven't read the novels, but you can read the wiki.

Apparently there are two endings, you pick what you consider the stopping point.

The series ended
with a bittersweet ending where they decide they'll live and love until Lawrence dies, and then Holo will live on and probably love someone else later in her life

Then if i recall there was either an epilogue or alternate ending novel where
they live together and have kids so even iwhen Lawrence dies she'll have their family to keep her company

Well I can appreciate that they don't pull any bull with
Holo turning human or anything, or even worse, Lawrence somehow gaining immortality. I can appreciate a story with a bittersweet ending far more than one that trips all over itself to have a happy one.

Doamayger-D Episode 3
download.png

And then BAM, We're gonna kick it up a notch!

Good dumb show is good. It's hard to honestly hate on something this goofy and short.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ergo Proxy Episode 16:

Yea, okay, whatever the merits of this episode are dulled by the fact that it was 30 minutes of watching people doing nothing and be bored.

DiGiKerot

*Amazon Exclusive comes with Keiichi Hara storyboards. 450 pages, A5.

----

Very excited to see this film, haven't read any impressions on it, hopefully it's good :) Artwork looks gorgeous, as it should!

I enjoyed it. Bear in mind that it's very much a series of vignettes, though.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
nTwI4Ar.jpg

S2 OP is still the best thing ever.

blurr

Subete ga F ni naru 03

Been looking forward to this episode a lot, started off with what seems like pointless conversations but it is maintaining good suspense and some thrills. Looking forward to more of this!

I'm hoping the next Tenchi Muyo OVA goes ecen deeper into anime bullahit territory just to see who on the planet can even comprehend the plotline

Moaradin

I really enjoyed this show. The second season in particular.

It just recently ended but I didn't see many people talking about it. Not very popular?

Moaradin

I enjoyed S2 a lot better. Thought it built on the first season and improved it in every way.

Watched them both back to back though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think thematically Crowds made for a better "villain" than the communist space aliens who want to do everything for you. lol
(Also let's just forget VAPE existed... because all they did was call people monkeys).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom