• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

We're three weeks into this season meaning the three episode rule has passed. So what shows have excited you so far and which left a bitter taste of disappointment in your mouth.

One Punch Man and Haikyuu are must watches. Gundam and Noragami are pretty good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Owarimonogatari
Onepunch Man
Underwater Ray Romano
Gundam IBO

Concrete Revolutio is junk.

you forget he meets one other guy who serves as best friend, but really only provides moral support and is quickly overshadowed.bguy is usually goofy and a bit of a perv. Also he's the only notable non villain male besides protaginist

Why does the gooft best friend have to be pervy :( Thats why Mahouka Koukou was so good, Leo was so good.

We're three weeks into this season meaning the three episode rule has passed. So what shows have excited you so far and which left a bitter taste of disappointment in your mouth.

I'm at the point where if Concrete Revolutio doesn't wow me this next episode I'm dropping it. I don't think I've dropped anything else so far though.

Fukurodani fans are so ready for Saturday Anime bokuto and akaashi will be awesome.

CR_xM0TVAAA1_cQ.jpg:large

Ascheroth

Looks like there are a stille a few Ushio to Tora watchers left :)

Heavy Object - 04

Huh, this show sure doesn't fuck around. I expected a set-up episode, like it's normally the case with those LN adaptions once a new arc (read book) starts, but they basically went right back to the action after a few minutes.

I like how it's still about Qwenthur and Havia having to 'fight' against another Object in the flesh and blood. But this time they have the support of the Object on their side. Which leads to more infiltrating stuff and blowing shit up, while caught between two Objects fighting each other. It's kinda refreshing that for once the main character is not the one piloting the big robot, but is doing his job using his brains and lots of explosives.

Heavy Object ep.1
I'm still not sure what I just watched, but there is a lot of stereotypical otaku stuff built into that episode. Liek dude, grab the seatbelt and save the chick.... but no, let's have a freakout session about how embarassing and wring it would be. Seriously, they were adults in the military, right? The premise seams interesting, but uuggh, is this show worth watching..?

Nah, they aren't adults. Qwenthur and Havia are 17 according to the wiki. But yeah, it was a really stupid scene regardless.
The second and third episodes are way better. I say watch the second episode at least.

Fafner
Gundam
K

Only other thing I'm watching is OPM, and, while enjoyable, hard to get excited since I've read it. Comet Lucifer not as good as I wanted it to be, but I'll try to finish it.

No wait no I forgot

I'm dropping Comet Lucifer. Dropped it last week. Didn't give a fuck about it. Try hard anime.

I'll wait till it's almost over and come back to it.

Every other show I've picked up I like so I'll just mention the duds.

Heavy Object
One Punch Man

Young Black Jack has been my favorite show this season so far and better than everything I've seen for Fall.
Really underrated anime.

Gundam IBO has been coming along really great. Never would I have thought Okada would deliver so far.

Osomatsu has been a great treat as well. The art style of the anime is fantastic.

Cornbread78

hmm, this season? Definately a lot less than last season....

Look forward to:
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen (best of the season so far)
Comet Lucifer
Owarimonogatari (2nd best, or on another level from wverything else...)
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru

Watch because, well, why not?:
One Punch Man (it's been fun to watch so far)
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (twin #1)
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (twin #2)

Dropped:
Concrete Revolution (I have no idea what I watched)

Will watch later:
Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? (maybe)
Dance with Devils
Young Black Jack
Heavy Object (watched #1, but not sure)

Narag

Gundam and Kagewani. Surprisingly, Young Blackjack seems to be becoming the show it should be after a really shaky start. Vietnam ep tonight will be a big test.

Owarimonogatari da best. AotS most likely, and if it keeps going as strong, AotY (Forgive me Shirobako!).

One Punch Man is solid.

Blood Orphan Gundam Folks is ok.

Noragami S2 - meh.

Osomatsu-san is just not for me.

blurr

Owari is top notch

OPM is close

Subete ga F needs to up its game but it's going good

Iron Blooded Orphans doesn't do anything particularly new but still very enjoyable

Defuser

I'm trying to come up with the most generic LN anime. What points am I missing?

- It's the year 20XX and the world is in chaos after Life Changing Event [LCE].

- The world governments have reformed in response of this, and for no particular reason Japan is now a world power.

- The LCE has now given the teenagers of the world some form of sweet power.

- Naturally schools were built that only focus on this power because apparently japanese high schools are like college and don't look at a broad spectrum of topics but are more like technical schools in the year 20XX.

- Our story begins with protagonist. He's the new person at Special School. He's running to class because he's late on his first day of school.

- As he's about to hit the first intersection, he runs straight into Romantic Interest Prime. She had toast in her mouth. She's also tsundere, a beauty, possibly a princess, mean to everybody, and one of the top users of LCE powers in the school and possibly Japan.

- They exchange insults before she runs off. Protagonist arrives at school and is welcomed by Class President. She's a very flirty blonde/black haired girl probably with humongous bazongas and hasn't seen a man before so immediately she begins ovulating and wants the D.

- OP arrives at class and is introduced as the new kid. Everybody starts chattering, the girls immediately start chatting up about whether he's cute and they want the D, but not before long Romantic Interest Prime is shown to be in the same class, stands up and points at him. Protagonist obliges and also points at her surprised. They both go "YOOOOOOOOOOOOU?!"

And that's the end of the first episode. Brb pitching anime.

You forgot:
-MC parents are always overseas/hardly at home.
-MC has a imouto/onee-san who wants to jump on his D.
-MC walks into a room where a girl is changing/bathing.
-MC performs acts of kindess which cause girls want to fuck him.
-MC has a male friend which either a godlike observer who knows everything or a complete doofus idiot.
-There's always time for beach/pool/onsen.

Outstanding:

- Gundam
- OPM
- The Perfect Insider
- Owarimonogatari

Good:

- Young Black Jack
- Noragami Aragoto
- Sakurako-san
- Utawarerumono

For shits and giggles:

- Asterisk
-----vs-----
- Cavalry

Dropped right away:

- Heavy Object
- Comet Lucifer
- Concrete Revolutio
- Taimadou Gakuen

I'm trying to come up with the most generic LN anime. What points am I missing?

- It's the year 20XX and the world is in chaos after Life Changing Event [LCE].

- The world governments have reformed in response of this, and for no particular reason Japan is now a world power.

- The LCE has now given the teenagers of the world some form of sweet power.

- Naturally schools were built that only focus on this power because apparently japanese high schools are like college and don't look at a broad spectrum of topics but are more like technical schools in the year 20XX.

- Our story begins with protagonist. He's the new person at Special School. He's running to class because he's late on his first day of school.

- As he's about to hit the first intersection, he runs straight into Romantic Interest Prime. She had toast in her mouth. She's also tsundere, a beauty, possibly a princess, mean to everybody, and one of the top users of LCE powers in the school and possibly Japan.

- They exchange insults before she runs off. Protagonist arrives at school and is welcomed by Class President. She's a very flirty blonde/black haired girl probably with humongous bazongas and hasn't seen a man before so immediately she begins ovulating and wants the D.

- OP arrives at class and is introduced as the new kid. Everybody starts chattering, the girls immediately start chatting up about whether he's cute and they want the D, but not before long Romantic Interest Prime is shown to be in the same class, stands up and points at him. Protagonist obliges and also points at her surprised. They both go "YOOOOOOOOOOOOU?!"

And that's the end of the first episode. Brb pitching anime.
The title needs to be a five page essay in length.

I can't stand the 20min every week format so I only watch Owarimnogatari while the other shows like One Punch Man are in my backlog and will watch it after the season.

phaze

Ergo Proxy Episode 15:

So at last I have reached one of the most infamous points in Ergo Proxy, the Nightmare Quiz Game Show as the series gets more surreal in incorporating the mundane and quite rankly obnoxious. Indeed The Game Show motif is quite literal, though possibly also psychological given the nature of Proxies as we get a mash up of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and what I assume to be a typical Japanese game show. Let us cut to the chance in spite of the goofy wrapper this is one of the most important episodes, if not the most important episode because answers to the show, the background exposition that has been missing up until now and serves it up for everybody to see. I don't think everything has been answered quite yet but I am a pretty god picture of what happened to the world and what the Proxies are and it turns out humanity has a back up plan. Not sure how I feel about this being answered in this format but it beats having to listen to The Entourage Council navel gaze about pointless bullshit.

I didn't think anything could beat the pure bizarreness of Lain's exposition dumps but this ep did the trick.

-----

Owari, One Punch Man and Noragami are the three highlights that may very well top my AOTY list if they keep it up.

Kagewani is okayish. Kowabon is bad.

Seen two eps of Gundam and wasn't impressed.

Seen one episode of Osomatsu and Lucifer one. Will watch 2nd ones to be able to drop them with clear conscience.

Waiting on more impressions for Concrete Revolution and Perfect Insider before I decide whether to dig into them.

If people are still happy with Gundam when it's finished, I will have to give it a go. I ignored it for now because I usually don't trust in Gundam fan's opinions about the quality of the Gundam series :p.

I never watched Gundam before so I am kinda glad that this is my first one, since it is so far hitting all the right notes.

javac

MCM London Comic Con Announcements
Anime Limited
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Turn A Gundam soon in the UK with more Gundam news coming in 2016.
  • Anime Limited have acquired Studio Trigger's Ninja Slayer From Animation with a 2016 release planned.
  • Anime Limited have acquired Expelled From Paradise with a January 25th 2016 release on both Blu-ray and DVD.
  • Anime Limited have acquired Tokyo ESP with a planned 2016 release. Anime Limited are anticipating a February 2016 release.
  • Anime Limited have acquired The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is planned to come out in 2016 with more details coming soon.

Q1 2016 Updates
  • Ping Pong The Animation Collector's Edition is scheduled for January 11th 2016. Due to the delay, Anime Limited are looking into adding "something extra".
  • Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress is planned to release in January 2016.
  • Expelled from Paradise is scheduled for a January 25th release on both Blu-ray and DVD.
  • Anime Limited are looking into giving the Makoto Shinkai Voices of a Distant Star / The Place Promised in Our Early Days a Steelbook release. At present it is scheduled for a February 2016 release.
  • Tokyo ESP is scheduled for a February 2016 release.
  • The first season of Durarara!! x2 is planned to be released in February 2016 as a complete collection.
  • Miss Hokusai is scheduled for a March 2016 Blu-ray and DVD release.
  • Terror in Resonance will be getting a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack with a release in either March or April 2016.

Q&A
  • As it stands, Anime Limited only own the digital rights for The Heroic Legend of Arslan but are interested in the home rights.
  • In regards to Escaflowne Ultimate Edition, Anime Limited are waiting for confirmation of a potential dub of the Director's Cut edition. The set is still scheduled for a 2016 release.
  • In regards to BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, there's an issue with the masters.
  • Due to the delay, Anime Limited are looking into giving BECK a Blu-ray release.
  • "How long does it take to design a product from start to finish?" It usually takes around 6 weeks.

Manga Entertainment / Animatsu Entertainment
  • Manga will be releasing Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo on March 7th 2016, on DVD, Blu-ray and Collector's Edition Blu-ray.
  • Kaze have acquired Code Geass: Akito the Exiled. It's scheduled to release on March 21st 2016 in two parts.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired both seasons of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. Season 1 is scheduled to release in 2016.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Seasons 1 and Seasons 2 of Haikyuu!!. Season 1 will release in two volumes in 2016.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma with a 2016 release planned.
  • Kaze have acquired the home video rights for One-Punch Man.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? with a Collector's Edition planned.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired School-Live!.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Ore Monogatari!! with a Blu-ray and DVD release planned across two parts. A Collector's Edition is also planned.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Amagi Brilliant Park.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Humanity Has Declined with a Q1 2016 release planned.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Blade Dancer of the Elementalers with a 2016 release planned.
  • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' is out on Blu-ray, DVD and Collector's Edition on January 25th 2016.
  • Kaze will release Persona 4: The Animation as a Complete Series Collection on DVD as well as a Blu-ray/DVD combo.
  • Akame ga Kill! will be getting a special announcement on October 30th 2015.

Q&A and Tidbits
  • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' had the second highest screen average on its opening day in the UK after The Martian.
  • In regards to a Hunter x Hunter release: "I think it's going to stay digital, we don't think Viz Media have UK rights"
  • Animatsu Entertainment don't have the second season of Chaika yet, but are waiting for it to be offered to them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That art is really nice.

It almost makes you think Turn A isn't Gag Gundam.

Watching:
Underwater Ray Romano 2: Mofu Harder - Mofu shows still saved.
Hacka Doll - Good faces, recent mofu episode was very good.
AniTore EX - Sweet, sweet bellies.

Still watching:
Go! Princess Precure - Miyukichi is still in Precure so I love it always and forever.
Aikatsu - S4 is off to a good start and hopefully it won't be another S2.

This is the most backlog season season I've ever done and it feelsgud.

Owari no Serafu
Monster Strike
Gundam Iron BLooded Orphans

Have been most exciting, Heavy Object and 35Th Platoon have been surprise hits for me. High School Star Musical and K have been fun.

One Punch Man has been disappointing.

javac

Yeah the Akira Yasuda artwork looks beautiful, often temped by the packaging alone but then you realize that its Gundam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
you forget he meets one other guy who serves as best friend, but really only provides moral support and is quickly overshadowed.bguy is usually goofy and a bit of a perv. Also he's the only notable non villain male besides protaginist

Don't forget the deadpan snarking loli who likes candy/sweets and tries very hard but is never really taken seriously. At some point a shrinking violet character (usually a stacked one) will also show up, who also wants the D but doesn't have the courage to actually do anything about it.

The fact they got 5 different dart-board tropes on the heroine the same in addition to the entire main setting being basically the same in Asterisk and Failed Knight is pretty funny to me. I guess at very least in Failed Knight has the saving grace that
the MC actually gets the Princess to go out with him instead of just amassing a huge harem and rejecting them constantly for no reason.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought the concept of S2 was interesting, but the writing was so bad (空気空気空気) that by the end of it I wanted to reach in and strangle the next person who brought up the atmosphere. S1 was much more..."subtle" in its presentation, if that's possible. S2 had a good set up with Tsubasa being a counterpoint to Hajime, ape doctor guy to Rui, and Gelsadra to Berg Katze, but ultimately it seemed to settle for "Gelsadra does obviously questionable thing and everyone just kind of goes along with it because society is dumb". Which might be a legitimate point, I don't know, but the way they presented it sure didn't make it seem like it.

It just never came together. Like Tsubasa being the anti-Hajime basically went nowhere, as with the VAPE guys.

Don't forget the deadpan snarking loli who likes candy/sweets and tries very hard but is never really taken seriously. At some point a shrinking violet character (usually a stacked one) will also show up, who also wants the D but doesn't have the courage to actually do anything about it.

The fact they got 5 different dart-board tropes on the heroine the same in addition to the entire main setting being basically the same in Asterisk and Failed Knight is pretty funny to me. I guess at very least in Failed Knight has the saving grace that
the MC actually gets the Princess to go out with him instead of just amassing a huge harem and rejecting them constantly for no reason.
School Days has taught us what happens when the MC actually goes after all the wet panties his harem throws at him.

javac

From the Anime Limited Instagram. Available ahead of release at MCM.

In addition (all while stock lasts):
  • Spend over £40 and get a free Patema Inverted mug
  • Get either a Mobile Suit Gundam or Tokyo Ghoul themed bag with any purchase
  • Get a free set of Kill la Kill ‘Goku Star pin badges’ with any purchase
  • If you get one of the MCM goodies bags, you’ll find a fortune cookie! There’s a special message from various anime in them. See if you guess what they’re from.

Sunrise ‘Mobile Suit Gundam’ Panel: Sunday, 12pm @ Platinum Stage
Eri Suzuki from the International Team from Japanese licensor, Sunrise and the President of Anime Limited, Andrew Partridge will take to the stage to discuss Gundam related things! There’ll be some announcements here so if you’re a Gundam fan be sure not to miss this.

Anime Limited Panel #2 feat. Viewster: Sunday, 12:30pm @ Platinum Stage
In a change from what’s being advertised in the MCM Show Guide (as there were print deadlines that had to be met before this was fully confirmed) we’re happy to say that this panel will feature Jeremy joined by the team at Viewster to discuss their Omakase box and much more!

I wish you luck in season 2. Episode 0 is actually not going to give you any idea of what is coming up in season 2. Just something to warmed you. Still, get ready to see more character development with Holo and Lawrence to the point where the strength between them will challenge them quite a bit during season 2. Still, go watch it all the way as you can't slow down this feeling.

It felt like a recap episode but I was okay with it since there were a lot of new developments. The flashbacks from S1 were reanimated so it didnt feel like a cheap repeat. I'm excited to really start S2 after work tonight!

Rightstuf is also having a 33% off YenPress books until the 29th so it might be a good time to grab a couple of the LNs now.

It's really good, which is why everyone wants a 3rd season, but if you think Lawrence was an idiot at that point, just wait..
The back and forth with Holo and Lawrence is still legendary for it's whit and charm. Those two played off of one another great, especially as they become closer. The "mystery" aspects of S2 were also excellent.

Its great seeing two characters that are just so comfortable with each other interacting the way they do. I feel like I can just watch them talk about anything.

Noragami Aragoto Episode 4
download.png

Welp.

Good backstory is good. Good fight is good.

This is not Yato's fault in any regard really. It's like being angry at a person who puts out a fire, but couldn't get everyone out in time.

That fucking ending tho...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ping Pong The Animation Collector's Edition is scheduled for January 11th 2016. Due to the delay, Anime Limited are looking into adding "something extra".
How about Mitsudomoe as an extra as a birthday gift to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom