• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me Garo improved this week.

I wish I could but...

head-shake-gif.gif

Garo Crimson Moon Episode 3
download_1.png

His exasperation mirrors my own...

You know what's not a good sign? When a show feels the need to constantly end on characters talking about future events and plans they have in motion, because nothing that happened in the episode was captivating or moved the plot really?

Well, we did learn a bit about Seimei, but only in the most trite boring way a show can tell us about a person. By having people talk in ways that paints a vague picture of her background. We don't actually get to see anything of her background. We don't have any past version of her to compare her to, or really much of an explanation of why she left her previous life other than one line. She found her previous life too "stifling."

...Well....thanks for making that character really boring Crimson Moon...

And I'm not exaggerating here, Garo might have some of the most boring fights I've seen all year. Maybe the animation budget is being saved for future episodes, but the majority of the fights are cheap looking cuts, or Raiko just tanking enemy attacks in his Garo armor. THEY DON'T MOVE WHEN THEY FIGHT! And it comes off comedic when I'm not sure it was supposed to be...

There's a scene in the episode where they knock a Horror towards a crowd of people, not really sure if they're supposed to be nobles or something, and the horror hits them in a manner reminiscent of a bowling ball hitting some pins. Then the horror kills some of them. This happens right after a scene where Raiko was talking about how he has to save people.

tumblr_ncgmv4lsqW1sasvhfo1_500.gif

This gif right here has more enjoyable animation in it, than the entirety of Crimson Moon so far.

Witch Hunter Robin 14

Well that's one way to start the main storyline.
The administrator wants Robin dead and Amon seems to agree.
Looking forward to see how this plays out.

John Blade

Witch Hunter Robin 14

Well that's one way to start the main storyline.
The administrator wants Robin dead and Amon seems to agree.
Looking forward to see how this plays out.

Oh yea....it will get interesting and when you found out what their did in 1st quarter of the show and how it will affect next, you feel dirty.

Ushio and Tora 17

This hair combing shit is kinda weird but I assume it's from some old Japanese legend because that's the only way I could see someone coming up with the idea

Noragami Aragato 04

Now that was a pretty good episode. Was always obvious that Yato didn't just slaughter all Bishamonten's regalia because he felt like it but I didn't expect that to be the reason. Sooner we can ditch this Doctor guy the better.

We're three weeks into this season meaning the three episode rule has passed. So what shows have excited you so far and which left a bitter taste of disappointment in your mouth.

I like One Punch Man, Owarimonogatari and Osumatsu-san the best so far. Gundam is also surprisingly good.

Noragami, Lupin 2015, Attack on Titan Junior High, Kagewani and Young Black Jack are kind of riding the line between dropped and becoming good.

I dropped Perfect Insider because I didn't find it interesting. Ojou-sama show is terrible because its premise is a huge lie, there aren't any haughty ojou-samas and its just a whole bunch of naive girls who don't laugh. Garo sucks. Comet Lucifer and Concrete Revolution didn't do anything for me, but Comet Lucifer has some good-ass CGI. Lance n' Masques is terrible. Sakurako-san isn't very good.

Valkyrie Drive and Underwater Ray Romano I will probably end up dropping because of time. Well, I can just scrub Valkyrie Drive so maybe not.

We're three weeks into this season meaning the three episode rule has passed. So what shows have excited you so far and which left a bitter taste of disappointment in your mouth.

I'm going all in for Heavy Object and Utawarerumono and One Punch Man, though the latter was because you can't go wrong with it.

Sakurako-san was quite a surprise, and 35th Platoon turns out to be my favorite out of the three chuunibyou shows. But I continue to watch Asterisk and Rakudai just to keep comparing the two of them with each other with morbid humor.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 17:

I'll be honest, this arc is kind of losing me since everything is feeling compressed to hell and barley remember most of the harem members.

Noragami has the issue for me right now where I feel like we've known this story for a while now. It's like we get it. I mean at least now they've finally shown the full flashback.

Moaradin

I made the mistake of watching the OVA episodes before the second season came out. It sucks to know some things that haven't happened yet lol. Luckily a lot of the major things already happened, or I don't remember them.

Kagewani 04

Holy shit the MC actually did something and no one died

I don't even know what the hell that monster was supposed to be, classic Alien technique of never giving you a full body shot so you don't know what the fuck it is

Doamaiger D 03

Is it bad if I don't think this is very good?

Lupin the Third 2015 04

Pretty decent Jigen focused episode in a conservative nightmare world where no one has guns so the guys with the guns run everything. I laughed my ass off when he started dodging bullets to make the shooters hit each other. What is he, Han Solo?

Shame about the bad CGI on the chains and the chandelier. How ugly.

jbug617

Banned

I'm watching

Haikyuu S2
Ace of Diamond S2 (continuing)
Is the Order a Rabbit?? S2
Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Lance N' Masques
Shinmai Maou No Testament Burst

JulianImp

This is my current watch-list (ignoring shows I only watch sporadically, like Miss Monochrome):

In-season:
Owarimonogatari
Subete ga F ni naru
Young Jack Black
Sakurako

Others:
Blast of Tempest
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

So... lots and lots of talking: the anime. Also at least three shows with Sawashiro in them (even though she might not be showing up in Owari). <3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So my British Bredrens, is anyone else going to that back to back film event (a.k.a. Love Live and three other movies) near the MCM Comic Con tomorrow?

Im sorta following Noragami, OPM, and Sakurako. This season doesnt look that interesting. Will probably check out lots of old series instead.

lonely

So my British Bredrens, is anyone else going to that back to back film event (a.k.a. Love Live and three other movies) near the MCM Comic Con tomorrow?
I am! Just finishing up my marathon on Love Live now so I have an idea of what's happening in the film. But I'm mainly going for the Gundan screening.

DiGiKerot

I'll definitely be skipping Hokusai and Empire of Corpses, because I've already seen the both of them twice over the last couple of weekends, but I'll be there for Gundam at least (Love Live I'll probably ponder right up until it starts)

Heavy Object 4
The voice acting in this is really grating. The main characters spend most of the episode obnoxiously screaming. None of the humor in this is remotely entertaining. And the terrorists in this have the least efficient and most expensive scheme to acquire oil ever conceived.

Noragami has the issue for me right now where I feel like we've known this story for a while now. It's like we get it. I mean at least now they've finally shown the full flashback.

^

Yeh and suddenly I'm actually enjoying this! This episode actually kept moving and instead of vague hints we really did get the, seemingly, full backstory. Solid world building for once, too! More like that and you've got yourself a deal Noragami.

Have to say though, this episode reminded me that I'm not really liking the show's comedy, or rather how it mixes with the rest. I just feel a disconnect from this overly cheeky and goofy behavior we get half the time from Yato and this overly serious "he's a merciless god of destruction bblabla" incarnation. Both sides are well enough executed on their own, I Just don't think the show meshes them together to the point where it doesn't seem strange.

K Return of Kings Episode 4
tumblr_nwotozLHSu1schxwlo1_540.png
tumblr_nwotozLHSu1schxwlo2_540.png

Yata Fushimi brings me lots of joy and Isana walking in them was hilarious.

The coffee table scene was one of the best moments this season. I thought Isana would be full serious but hes like he always was, I love it.

Also Anna for best femChar this season, shes is so improved and everything.

Have to say though, this episode reminded me that I'm not really liking the show's comedy, or rather how it mixes with the rest. I just feel a disconnect from this overly cheeky and goofy behavior we get half the time from Yato and this overly serious "he's a merciless god of destruction bblabla" incarnation. Both sides are well enough executed on their own, I Just don't think the show meshes them together to the point where it doesn't seem strange.
I think Yato himself knows where he came from, he was like you said a merciless God of destruction. I think that him being his silly self is him trying to get away from that past. We still see that he is serious, he even snapped on the last episode with that chick, screaming at her something along the lines of:
"do you know who you are messing with, I slaughtered your whole family"
. I may be misinterpreting it, but Yato is simply trying to change himself by being the extreme opposite of what he used to be.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I am! Just finishing up my marathon on Love Live now so I have an idea of what's happening in the film. But I'm mainly going for the Gundan screening.

I'll definitely be skipping Hokusai and Empire of Corpses, because I've already seen the both of them twice over the last couple of weekends, but I'll be there for Gundam at least (Love Live I'll probably ponder right up until it starts)

Well I should be easy to spot. I'll be the one wearing normal clothes.

I think Yato himself knows where he came from, he was like you said a merciless God of destruction. I think that him being his silly self is him trying to get away from that past. We still see that he is serious, he even snapped on the last episode with that chick, screaming at her something along the lines of:
"do you know who you are messing with, I slaughtered your whole family"
. I may be misinterpreting it, but Yato is simply trying to change himself by being the extreme opposite of what he used to be.

Yeh that's the very likely narrative they've been pushing since the very beginning but my problem is that I can't take it serious that way. Many of the comedy segments could be out of s.th. like Love Lab. There's just such a major shift in tone between the comedy and rest of Noragami that the two parts feel like decoupled entities.

Tuck

Dropped Comet Lucifer after the girl woke up. Ugh. Probably gonna drop Garo, though I hate hate hate having to say that.

Lupin is alright. Not amazing but I'll probably stick with it.

One Punch Man is god tier.

Gundam is also really good so far.

I fell behind on Ushio to Tora but I'll pick that back up.

I like Concrete Revolutio, though the last episode was only ok. I'm eager to see where the plot goes.

Spice & Wolf II Episode 1 (Or is it 2? *shrug*)

176YaJH.jpg
XqYZty0.jpg

I absolutely adored the opening scene of this episode.

Lawrence and Holo know each other really well and they have zero problems resorting to cheap digs to get what they want from the other. Digs might not be the right word as there isn't any malice in their actions, just friendly teasing. Like praising Holo to use her tail as a lap warmer. Or Holo acting fragile and delicate then suggesting to share one bed to make Lawrence completely lose his calm and throw him off balance. It also seems like a way for them to physically get close to one another and expressing their feelings in a roundabout way since none of them are ready to spit it out yet.

Holo is so dramatic and theatrical, I love it. She expresses herself so well in both words, facial expressions and in physical actions. Its common to see girls hit guys in anime when they're upset or flustered but Holo goes about it differently that feels refreshing. Like using her whole body to repeatedly bump and push Lawrence's back. Like ugh, get married already damnit!

Man this Amarty dude is really smitten with Holo isnt he? Its really cute lol. I cant help but laugh at Holo's "good girl in public" act. Regardless this dude gave them the hook up and Holo such a straight forward compliment. Lawrence could learn a thing or two from this kid.

Things cant stay perfect forever, unfortunately.
After seeing his friends store in the city, Lawrence cant help but want one of his own. Thats every peddlers dream after all. Hes so close to getting it too but the longer he travels with Holo the longer he has to put it off. At the same time Holo wants to prolong traveling together for as long as she can. I can imagine how much it hurt her when he said if he can just drop her at the nearby town and then they separate ways. Lawrence instantly realized what he did.

This is an interesting intersection for Lawrence.
He's so close to his dream. An extra year or two is a really long time to put it off and who knows what could happen in between. At the same time, he remembers that Holo has been lonely for the longest time and she will probably return to that loneliness after their journey is done. He cares about her for sure but he has his own ambitions to think of as well.
I really wouldnt know what I'd do if I was in his shoes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Let me see, top shows of the fall season of anime have been One Punch Man, Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen, Ushio and Tora and Osomatsu-san. Not invested in many sequels series this season which is why, Noragami, Owarimonogatari and Haikyuu!! are off the list.

Heavy Object Episode 4

Wow Qwenthur and Havia have it rough but at least they are managing to be vital in this war against the objects. Their the best part still and why I love this a ton. This was really fun, consistent fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom