• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbayne

The details on FMP seem to be pretty vague atm. Is it a remake or a continuation?

My money is on a remake. I mean it has been nine years an im sure that a lot of current anime fans might not not know what FMP is so they're not likely to jump into a third season for risk of alienating people.

Phatmac

The details on FMP seem to be pretty vague atm. Is it a remake or a continuation?

My money is on a remake. I mean it has been nine years an im sure that a lot of current anime fans might not not know what FMP is so they're not likely to jump into a third season for risk of alienating people.
It's a continuation after TSR.

Jarmel

Banned

Full continuation. They're finishing the novels so it's at least 2 cour if not more.

VRMN

I had written off any possibility of this ever happening. Somehow that makes this even sweeter news to hear. I know it's not the greatest series, but it's still really good and I really want to see the rest of the novels animated. Cannot wait.

(please be good)

My bet is that the new FMP series will either go back to Gonzo or it will be handed to a either one of Sunrise, Production IG, or Satelight. I can't see anyone else doing it if it isn't Kyoani.

Lol

Gotta do a rewatch of FMP now.

I feel like I should do this as well. Everyone else seems so hyped for it, but I barely paid attention when I was watching it with my roommates way back and don't have any particular strong feelings towards it. Did I miss out on something really good?

Young Black Jack 04

uUFoVkj.jpg
dPsR2za.jpg
QtiHao2.png

This just made me laugh out loud

My patience is running pretty thin with this series. The Vietnam setting had the chance to become very interesting but I don't know why I thought that when the show has been so limp on the down and dirty surgical front. I am not saying a show needs to be shocking or violent to succeed but if it was, it would at least have something intriguing about it. As it stands it just comes off as silly. Doesn't help the show is delving into Vietnam era morality messages. Yes I know, Vietnam was bad. Apocalypse Now this is not. The VOTOMS-esque episode preview didn't hold up.

Again the next episode looks great but I don't know how much longer I can keep going off of that. Really this arc should be great but its not. All the pieces are there, the concept of a battlefield medic is great but the show seems eager to skip past the surgery scenes in favor of basically nothing of importance.

Uncharted 1

5/10 would rather play Tomb Raider 2013, I remember Sony fans back in the day swore this was better then Gears of War 1 and that's hilarious. 2 better be as good as people say

Uncharted 1

5/10 would rather play Tomb Raider 2013, I remember Sony fans back in the day swore this was better then Gears of War 1 and that's hilarious. 2 better be as good as people say

Uncharted 1 is one of those games that hasn't aged gracefully, but when you played it back then, it felt new and fresh.

Like it had little odd things, like Nathan talking to himself in the middle of gunfights that felt cool.

That said, the final hour of that game really goes downhill when it tries to become a horror game.

Young Black Jack 04

My patience is running pretty thin with this series. The Vietnam setting had the chance to become very interesting but I don't know why I thought that when the show has been so limp on the down and dirty surgical front. I am not saying a show needs to be shocking or violent to succeed but if it was, it would at least have something intriguing about it. As it stands it just comes off as silly. Doesn't help the show is delving into Vietnam era morality messages. Yes I know, Vietnam was bad. Apocalypse Now this is not. The VOTOMS-esque episode preview didn't hold up.

Again the next episode looks great but I don't know how much longer I can keep going off of that. Really this arc should be great but its not. All the pieces are there, the concept of a battlefield medic is great but the show seems eager to skip past the surgery scenes in favor of basically nothing of importance.

Uncharted 1

I just played them all for the first time and 2 is like Toad.

Da best.

Also disagreed on the score, Uncharted 1 isn't that bad. I gave it like an 8. But then again I was focusing more on the fun adventure than the gameplay.

Garo - The Crimson Moon - 03

This keeps on being a disappointment. Fights are just awful and boring. No choreography and lack of animation. Plenty of QUALITY throughout the episode.
I have no reason to care for any character. Only light in this darkness is Seimeis personality and a few background shots. I'm not going to drop this because I really enjoyed the first show, but it's getting harder to keep going!

I feel like I should do this as well. Everyone else seems so hyped for it, but I barely paid attention when I was watching it with my roommates way back and don't have any particular strong feelings towards it. Did I miss out on something really good?

Tbh i dont really remember much other than some of the character relationships. I enjoyed all seasons of it however. I think fumoffu was the first overpriced anime dvd i ever bought at best buy. Thats how much i liked it lol

same. though i'll wait till the new anime is closer.

Word. Ill seperate the seasons out so i dont get FMP fatigue.

Before I watch Young Black Jack I predict that somebody is going to ask for his services and at one point in the episode they'll do a 180 and turn huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh? baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaka

Crunchyroll will start co-producing anime

Just like Funi. An obvious step up after the success Netflix has had.

Also disagreed on the score, Uncharted 1 isn't that bad. I gave it like an 8. But then again I was focusing more on the fun adventure than the gameplay.

I dunno, shooting felt weird, by the end the game became a slog of insta kills and bad enemy placement and the platforming was some of the most boring and vanilla stuff around. Whenever it tried to mix it up like with the jet ski or the jeep turret sequence I didn't like it, either. I played TLOU a month ago and I actually did like that a lot so I'm not without hope for 2 and 3.

Narag

Hyouka 14

I can't quite readily recall an episode of a show that came together as well as this one. Everything was absolutely on point in this one as the episode conflict gave way to the larger issue that's been hinted at the previous couple eps. Visually it was stunning and not just by Hyouka standards, it was well above even that such that it felt far closer to the movie end of the animation spectrum rather than anywhere near the TV end. Just ridiculously good and the sort of thing I could see myself revisiting often even if I don't give the full show that much attention down the line via rewatching.

Kagewani 4
Plot is finally happening past Banba loosely connecting it all. Also fuckin' jump scares are more effective than they ought to be when your horror is mostly atmospheric.

Robot Girls Z Plus 1-6
I was almost put off by the extra fanservice this time around but eh, the show still carried the great comedic timing and cast interaction of the first season so there's no complaint to be had!

Space Adventure Cobra 18
Uh, this rugball game was amazing. While watching it, I was hoping we'd get a second game but hell, we still have a second half to play yet. It's all too intense for me!!

Young Blackjack 4
I got pretty much what I wanted from the writing of this ep what with Hazama's moral code being tested in the worst environment which is fine since this is apparently supposed to be formative.. That's not to say it's without problems as there was some questionable production issues what with the really vanilla combat choreography, the sad looking mechanical animation, and a strange cut to Hazama's apartment to show his fish being fed which I can't internally reconcile at all since it pulled the viewer out of the conflict zone just because.

Young Black Jack 04

Uncharted 1

I thought Gears of War was garbage.

Young Blackjack 4

When he sees the guy in the middle of the battlefield bleeding and he goes all "I MUST. SAVE HIM."

I wanted a doctor version of that Robot Kasoku.

"Doctoro! Doctoro! Doctoro! Vietnam!"

Back to the episode itself it was the least problematic out of all of the young blackjack episodes so far. It didn't deal with people turning into scumbags.

Though its commentary on war were like those made by a high school student's final paper.

"War

By Stephen American.

Since the dawn of mankind we have fought for control. We have fought for power. And we have fought for selfishness. Humanity won't ever stop war and its atrocities because it's not only bad and like not very good. But because it's in our instincts."

As always engrish saves anime

KAGEWANI Episode 3
download.png

Nope, nope, nope. Fuck that. Fuck the ocean. We need to destroy everything that doesn't need sunlight on some level.

Also black fluid? Oh man, I'm getting horrible flashbacks to Prometheus.

Also, this just became somewhat Lovecraftian in nature. You know, hopefully without the racism.

2 is overrated, especially if you've already played TLoU.

Well, we'll see. Already liking the intro more then anything in UC1, except for slow walking which TLOU had too

Writing in UC1 was some corny ass shit, though. And not in a good way, either

I thought Gears of War was garbage.

GoW was pretty mind blowing when it came out. Next two games would improve on that formula but even as a pretty young person I could feel it was a major step up.

btw GoW 1 was 9 years ago. how

Well, we'll see. Already liking the intro more then anything in UC1, except for slow walking which TLOU had too

Writing in UC1 was some corny ass shit, though. And not in a good way, either

GoW was pretty mind blowing when it came out. Next two games would improve on that formula but even as a pretty young person I could feel it was a major step up.

btw GoW 1 was 9 years ago. how

Uncharted 2 is closer to quality to an Indiana Jones film. It has better set pieces, some great locations, and the temple/puzzle areas get pretty damn great.

Uncharted 3 is even more ridiculous with set pieces but the story is weaker in scope and writing.

edit: As to Gears of War it'd be silly to not recognize its influence. It basically brought forth the wave of cover shooters that is still influencing today. The shooting was fantastic and it still has the most satisfying headshout out of any game.

They fucked up the multiplayer with 2 and 3 though.

Mobile Suit Gundam: War in the Pocket 01

My first foray into Gundam. As an introductory episode it was okay but I can’t say this excites me much.

The central story seems to follow Alfred. From the opening credits where he is introduced it is made clear that he is a troublemaker and every scene after seems to enforce this. When he is caught in a restricted area he comes up with a convincing lie on the spot which was quite devious. Both scenes with Alfred’s parents put the camera in the parent’s perspective to emphasize his lack of respect for both of them, never looking them in the eye. Finally the scene where he plays the shooter game and destroys his hometown after a nagging by this mom demonstrates his rebellious nature. It was a bit heavy handed but it gets the point across. Alfred is wholly unlikeable by the end of the episode but I suppose that’s the point.

My biggest gripe with the episode was the music. The techno-synth is awful and really ruins the mood for some scenes such as the happy go lucky music as Al runs through the ruined streets. Overall I liked the episode but the music could kill the series for me.

Guess I should check out FMP eventually. However, since I consider Amagi to be pretty much dog shit and he's the same author I can't quite imagine it'll be as good as people make it out to be at times.

edit:
Yeh well, or maybe it's really better to pass on it.

fertygo

If you not watching FMP after 200x's pass might as well not trying IMO, especially for super nitpick like NoDann

In many way FMP is product of its time.

Quasar

They'll need to change a couple of cast members considering how long it's been. Kalinin's VA passed away in 2008 for example and a couple others have either moved away or retired.

I am worried about the dub though considering if it goes to Sentai it will probably be bad.

For a second I thought you meant Japanese cast. Then I'd actually care :)

Shinmai Maou no Testament BURST - 03

Damn I knew Nurse was strong, but not that strong! A lot of actual plot going on instead of plot.
I think this is a first for the berserk form? Watching this after Ushio to Tora gave me berserk overdose.

Nurse censor was a disappointment, too much light and not enough chibi! Learn from Kurumi. And what's this about his mother? Don't tell me he and Mio are half siblings.
Speaking of siblings, dat Maria nee-san. Going to Demon Realm hopefully means Zest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom