• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Uncharted 1

5/10 would rather play Tomb Raider 2013, I remember Sony fans back in the day swore this was better then Gears of War 1 and that's hilarious. 2 better be as good as people say

You realize 'back in the day' was 2007, right? This is the video game equivalent of Seinfeld is unfunny.

Haibane Renmei 7

Woo, back to this series. Got bogged down in work. Time to finish it.

Ohh...oh right, everyone is sad. :(

Huh, so the town knows they disappear huh?

Oh...oh those spots don't look good.

You realize 'back in the day' was 2007, right? This is the video game equivalent of Seinfeld is unfunny.

Uhh, I don't see how. That would be me going back to Tomb Raider 1 and complaining about all the climbing and hanging and how everyone does that now and how unoriginal that is.
In reality that always sucked and was unengaging
It might be cool if they ever decided to blend combat/climbing together but as it stands it's the most obvious thing I've ever seen of "Well, the shooting ain't that good so we gotta have 'em do this too."
At least it's decent for establishing shots and stuff like that. It's just so bland to play. It reminds me of Prince of Persia Sands of Time if Sands of Time had platforming that played itself and constantly had things break apart.

Looks like that JoJo event ended. Nothing happened.

pbayne

The Big O 2-8

Starting to recall a few of the episodes now. The piano episode was especially brilliant. I never realized how well written and funny the show was too(especially Dorothy). Anyone into Asimov and views on androids or machines with personality and feeling would really appreciate this show.

Hard to believe in the space of a year or two there were 4 of the coolest protagonists ever:

Rodger Smith(Big O)
Spike (Cowboy Bebop)
Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)
Guts (Berserk)

And a trope I really miss, you had 4 cool femme fatales

Faye (Bebop)
Angel (Big O)
Suzuka (Outlaw Star)
And not really a femme fatale but shes still awesome Casca (Berserk)

Fuck, I miss late 90s anime

Seinfeld is unfunny
7jOdS4R.jpg

blurr

TR would be so much better if it stuck to its survival theme and added a health bar which can be upgraded, I know it was going the cinematic Uncharted route but with all those skills and perks, it left me wanting. Then again, I understand their decision to keep it rechargeable, bleh.

Hackadoll 01

Didn't realize this was a short series.

The main three girls remind me of the RGZ cast if the yellow haired one was a dick like Mazinger Z. The other two are eerily similar. Seems alright.

undertale is really good game but its fans are the worst

i dunno i try not to let that bother me

except people spamming back to the future tweets yesterday screw them

Young Black Jack 04

Why weren't Hazama and his friends wearing helmets? I mean I get why Bob isn't wearing one, he probably doesn't want to ruin his glorious mullet but it's rather weird that his guests were sitting in that car unprotected, I'd sent a very angry letter to the American's Army HR department if I were Hazama.
I guess it's because those helmets were apparently made out of magnets, they pratically attracted every bullet those Stormtroopers Vietcong were firing.

Special shoutout to Jobber Jim, maybe don't get out of your protected car during a firefight you dimwit.

convo

undertale is really good game but its fans are the worst

Pretty much every fandom that gets outta control in a short amount of time is that way.They just can't help themselves even when the creator himself asked for people to not be obnoxious when talking about the game.
Good thing i had my experience early.

I feel like Uncharted 4 is going to blow me away. I'm actually trying to stay away from watching footage and such because what made me love The Last of Us as much as I did was going in blind. I mean I already know what to expect from Uncharted, so there's that, but how it is done, is going to be where I evaluate the whole thing. Yes I loved the Uncharted games.

As for the Young Black Jack impressions, I'll be honest the show is good and I'm still watching, but out of everything on my list I'd say it is the one I see myself dropping at any time for the same reasons that have been mentioned before. Also because my Saturdays are so jammed.

This is so amazing. Meta as fuck LOL. Clearly the writer/localizer has seen some shit on forums online.

Jarmel

Banned
So I've been seeing possible comments from the producer saying that they're aiming for hand drawn mechs for FMP. I don't know what time he said it in the stream so someone will have to verify.

If so then that slices out a lot of the shit studios unless they do some weird outsourcing thing. The only two studios who have done hand drawn mecha TV shows in recent times are Sunrise and BONES. BONES has done Kadokawa adaptations before with Gosick and are going to do one with Bungō Stray Dogs.

It's also possible that a studio that does a lot of CGI mech work might do 2D just for this project. One animator that does some Yamato 2199 work seemed happy about the production on Twitter but even if he is involved, it doesn't mean Xebec is.

I could live with a good director at BONES adapting the rest as it gets really action heavy.

So I've been seeing possible comments from the producer saying that they're aiming for hand drawn mechs for FMP. I don't know what time he said it in the stream so someone will have to verify.

If so then that slices out a lot of the shit studios unless they do some weird outsourcing thing. The only two studios who have done hand drawn mecha TV shows in recent times are Sunrise and BONES. BONES has done Kadokawa adaptations before with Gosick and are going to do one with Bungō Stray Dogs.

It's also possible that a studio that does a lot of CGI mech work might do 2D just for this project. One animator that does some Yamato 2199 work seemed happy about the production on Twitter but even if he is involved, it doesn't mean Xebec is.

I could live with a good director at BONES adapting the rest as it gets really action heavy.
Bones, Sunrise, Xebec all are fine, as long as they're in serious mode lol.
Btw producer worked with Xebec before so i would say all 3 have chance(i don't really think new FMP will be 100% 2D mechas)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well if you're at ATA's film screening and are curious what I look like I'm the guy who looks completely lost. If that's too cryptic, try the second most handsome person here.

pbayne

The Big O 11 & 12

Back to back just perfect episodes. My god I couldn't love this show more.

11 should be a case study in how to do monster of the week type episode which makes you fully care for the side characters whilst advancing ad developing the main characters. Even the world building was just incredible, with Rodger delivering this bitch slap to religion "a bunch of old men singing songs they don't understand."

12-holy shit I can't believe this aired on cartoon network back in the day. To say this episode has some disturbing scenes is an understatement. Dont want to spoil them too much but they lead up to an awesome rival battle that is peppered with amazing visuals (fucking Rodger pulls a Gainax pose on top of the Big Os fist).

I also loved the continuity between the two. 11 is set on Christmas/Heavens day which sort of celebrated capitalism only for episode 12 to then attack that.

This show rocks.

Edit: Damn FMP and JoJo, yes, yes, yes.

I wonder what's next in line for announcements, we even got a Kizumonogatari trailer this season so everything could happen.

K-on Season 3?

The K-ON anime staff has said that they don't want to continue the anime past the graduation into the college years, and Naoko Yamada is busy anyway with the A Silent Voice movie. Pony Canyon could work with a studio besides KyoAni for more K-ON, of course, but I don't think you'd want that.

Jintor

Hyouka 21

Fu really is the most interesting character in this little ensemble.

Can't believe I'm so close to the end. *sniff*

Guess I should check out FMP eventually. However, since I consider Amagi to be pretty much dog shit and he's the same author I can't quite imagine it'll be as good as people make it out to be at times.

edit:
Yeh well, or maybe it's really better to pass on it.

At the very least, you might enjoy Fumoffu which is purely a comedy with some light romance.

The show's about a teenage soldier raised on military warfare and how he gets assigned to be this secret agent to protect this girl.

As LN-ish as this sounds, the author actually makes it funny with the way his military antics and attitude are constantly bugging her.

Good one.
I mean, JoJo part 4 just announced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTaVV0Hkng

Aw yes.

Mobile Suit Gundam: War in the Pocket 01

My first foray into Gundam. As an introductory episode it was okay but I can’t say this excites me much.

The central story seems to follow Alfred. From the opening credits where he is introduced it is made clear that he is a troublemaker and every scene after seems to enforce this. When he is caught in a restricted area he comes up with a convincing lie on the spot which was quite devious. Both scenes with Alfred’s parents put the camera in the parent’s perspective to emphasize his lack of respect for both of them, never looking them in the eye. Finally the scene where he plays the shooter game and destroys his hometown after a nagging by this mom demonstrates his rebellious nature. It was a bit heavy handed but it gets the point across. Alfred is wholly unlikeable by the end of the episode but I suppose that’s the point.

My biggest gripe with the episode was the music. The techno-synth is awful and really ruins the mood for some scenes such as the happy go lucky music as Al runs through the ruined streets. Overall I liked the episode but the music could kill the series for me.

The music is the worst part of War in the Pocket but the rest of the series makes for it.

Yu Yu Hakusho - 19 & 20

Holy fuck the strobelight! This reminds me of that banned Pokemon episode that caused seizures on children.

Interrupting the main fight with bits of how the girls were chased kinda sucked the tempo out.
I like that flashbacks are used to show Yuu's extensive training, but at the same time it would've been nice to see it fully, and trying to figure out where certain parts of it would be useful.
Instead I can see how he can just write himself out of any situation with training flashbacks covering a specific situation.

These episodes have also been a firework of effects!

Crocodile

Man I woke up to a lot of big news. Still wish we had some staff confirmations though.

Just give me a Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer adaptation and I swear I won't badmouth the industry again.

Even if the condition is met, the bolded is a lie and you know it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom