• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
2015 has been legendary for announcing long awaited projects. E3 was the best ever and we're just getting a ton of announcements for anime too.

Hyouka 22 -END-

MORE EPISODES OR WE RIOT

m4oNpBU.jpg

Russ T

Banned
I won't be satisfied unless Flowers of Evil season 2 is announced with the same team and production method.

Oh man I'd kill for this.

Only recently watched it, but it was fucking superb. I think it ended pretty well, personally, but I haven't read the manga, and I know it continues from there.

But man. So good.

javac

MCM London Comic Con Announcements Day 2
Anime Limited
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Tokyo Marble Chocolate in the UK.
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Claymore on Blu-ray in the UK.
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Attack on Titan: Junior High in the UK.
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Prison School in the UK.

Yesterdays Announcements
  • Anime Limited will be releasing the first season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on Blu-ray in the UK! This will be happening in 2016. More details to follow soon.
  • Anime Limited will be releasing the series Tokyo ESP on Blu-ray and DVD in the UK. Tentatively scheduled for February 2016.
  • Anime Limited will be releasing the film Expelled From Paradise on Blu-ray and DVD in the UK. Tentatively scheduled for a January 2016 release.
  • Anime Limited will be releasing the series Ninja Slayer From Animation in the UK in 2016. More details on this soon.

MVM Entertainment
  • MVM have acquired GATE. It's scheduled to release in 2016. More details soon.
  • MVM have acquired Monster Musume. It's scheduled to release in 2016. More details soon.
  • MVM have acquired Hanamonogatari. It's scheduled to release in 2016. More details soon.
  • MVM will release the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works series in the UK next year. Part 1 will release on March 23rd 2016 on both DVD & Collectors Edition Blu-ray. More details soon.

javac

Don't care about any of the MCM announcements from both days personally. Will pick up Miss Hokusai but not only am I afraid that it'll be a standard edition but that's also not a new acquisition. :p Outside of that I can't say that I'm interested in the UK anime market at all be it MVM, Anime Limited or Manga/Animatsu. I do wonder how Prison School will be handled, not interested in that property in the slightest it goes without saying.

phaze

Diebuster

Better than Gunbuster

Glad you liked it.

Yukine dying would be a good improvement but zero chance he actually bites it

Yup.

Good one.
I mean, JoJo part 4 just announced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTaVV0Hkng

Oh good, the dozen chapter of manga I've gone through weren't doing it for me.

Don't know a thing about FMP but happy for peeps who do.

Now give me continuations of Shigurui and Lost Canvas.

Despera

Banned
Guillermo del Toro: Live-Action Monster is 'Out of HBO'

In an interview with media news website Latino-Review that the site posted on October 16, director Guillermo del Toro (Pacific Rim, Hellboy) stated that he is currently pitching his planned adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's Monster suspense manga to other companies. While he initially developed the show as a possible series for HBO, he stated in the interview that the show is "out of HBO."

del Toro also noted in the interview that he had finished writing "a couple of episodes" for the show to pitch to companies, and that it will "likely happen somewhere next year."

Don't know if this was posted earlier or in the manga thread, but I thought it would be relevant here.

javac

I love Aku no Hana, LOVED IT so damn much, 10/10, but I don't think that I'd care at all about a second season at this point. Don't know if I'd even watch it. I guess I got what I wanted out of the series. I'm glad a few people feel that passionately about the series however, amazing show.

Seraph of the End Episode 15
They didnt put one of my favorite scenes in :(

Otherwise perfect episode, the Mika Kurl moment was most enlightening. I think the third group in this series (probably an eventual mika yuu + family excluding guren) will be most interesting, Anyone trying to utilize the Seraph of the End is probably associated with evil except for Yuu.

Also finally we get AU for if Yuu had actually run away with Mika.

Yu Yu Hakusho - 19 & 20

Holy fuck the strobelight! This reminds me of that banned Pokemon episode that caused seizures on children.

Interrupting the main fight with bits of how the girls were chased kinda sucked the tempo out.
I like that flashbacks are used to show Yuu's extensive training, but at the same time it would've been nice to see it fully, and trying to figure out where certain parts of it would be useful.
Instead I can see how he can just write himself out of any situation with training flashbacks covering a specific situation.

These episodes have also been a firework of effects!

I love yu Yu hakusho's effects animation. Especially when they let Shinbo run wild with the animation later.

Fafner Exodus 2nd Season Episode 17 - Flames of Farewell
CSF5c-lWIAAOJE0.png
CSF6A88WUAIYHv7.png

The cost of piloting a fafner is too high but at least there could be a solution for them all. Great episode especially the fight against the festum.

Canon could come back I think since she only vanished

Also nobody here is watching it but if you want to see really bad animation and fight scenes, go watch the latest K: Return of Kings. It was fucking ridiculous. The intro fight they'd be talking two steps but the background would zoom past them and revolve. It's worst than the cheap BONES show prequel to that... show about the girl with the axe whatever that was called can't 'member.

Itoshi no Muco 4

This show continues to trigger me as a dog owner. It's so fucking charming because it's entertaining for children because it stars a cute shiba inu who speaks the whole time. But it's great for me for the little things.

Like the dog refusing to eat the new food, and then she's like "actually the food is the most delicious food ever". lol

Not Star Wars Asterisk 4

When you find a shitty anime

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

When it has a gary stu protag

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

When his only weakness is he's too strong

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

show dropped it's too generic in everything

Chivalry of A Failed Knight Episode 4

Surpassed Asterisk War for me but not as good as 35th Platoon.

Ikki was wonderful though I liked Kirihara a bit.
the whole second match once Perfect Vision happened. When he was running grabbing and flashing the arrows and more, how epic

My body is ready.

K - Return of Kings - 04

Not sure why I'm still watching this. It looks and sounds really good, has some fun moments here and there, but there is nothing else to it.

Looks and sounds really good? Did you watch the intro fight of this episode? I'm gonna probably be dropping it soon. I wanted to give it another chance but it's too much. So much potential in the premise ruined by the execution.

Ascheroth

Looks and sounds really good? Did you watch the intro fight of this episode? I'm gonna probably be dropping it soon. I wanted to give it another chance but it's too much. So much potential in the premise ruined by the execution.

Selective memory :p
But I didn't find the fight that bad, tbh. It was the usual floaty stuff with tons of camera movements to make it look more stylish.

Qurupeke

Owarimonogatari 4

I'll give a little quiz:

Araragi is:

a) The dumbest person in Monogatari
b) Manipulated by an oddity
Correct answer:
Both

So far, Oikura seems like a sidestory, the real mystery is Ougi. If I get the chronology, Araragi has only met Ougi once, during that conversation about traffic lights that set in motion the time travelling plot. She manipulates Araragi so easily, that is almost laughable. Hanekawa confirms once again why she is called a genious, her confrontation with Ougi was really amazing. I'd say that Ougi actually seemed to have the advantage, as she lost "cheaply", but that's for better. Also, it's a good thing that Araragi seems to (finally) understand that Ougi is weird.

Also, what a cliffhanger. :(

Owarimonogatari 04

Ougi done got inside yo head bro. Why the fuck does he not fucking realize this shit yet? Hanekawa has clearly detected it and saw the need to act cause Arararararagi would leap off a bridge if Ougi told him to at this point. You can tell too because she has clearly gotten more cocky in this episode by brazenly insulting him throughout their conversation. Hanekawa was amazing as always and saved the day, her 'debate' with Ougi has got to be one of my favorite moments so far.

convo

Owarimonogatari 04

Hey we saw Ougi's hands for the first time i think!
Araragi's memory failing him is more acceptable to me than other harem shows since he actually loses some through out the series. His recent jogs with Ougi are definitely causing his mental functions trouble. He's still thinking about repaying her with sushi though so he still can't let other girls hanging, no wonder Hanekawa and literally everyone in the series wants to suspect him when it comes to girls in need.

Conan-san

I won't be satisfied unless Flowers of Evil season 2 is announced with the same team and production method.

I hope they were scattered to the four winds for making such a god-awful piece of crap that had the balls to insult anyone for calling out their awful rotoscoping job and nonexistant pacing only to go cap and hand and go "Please sir, can I have more?" with a flash foreward.

To that I must scream "MORRRRRREEEEEE?!"

To Sold Apprenticeship with you, Zexcs, In the coffins you should sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom