• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatsuki

I'm watching the most in 1 season I have in awhile. I was wondering if I should give anything else a chance?

I'm currently watching...
Hidan no Aria AA
Sakurako-san
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
Subete ga F ni Naru
Noragami Aragoto
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Owari no Seraph

I thought I was going to drop Gakusen Toshi Asterisk & Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai. I find myself enjoying both of them so far though.

I would love to watch Owarimonogatari, I've been holding off on monogatari for years though. I don't see myself jumping in just yet.

I tried watching Heavy Object even though I knew I most likely wasn't going to enjoy it very much. I dropped it after the first episode.

I also dropped
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry & Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!,To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd,Haikyuu!! 2 & World Trigger: Isekai Kara no Toubousha I won't watch. This is because I haven't watched or caught up on anything previous.

Ougi is
not actually the final boss.

I forget who said that Araragi didn't know who the final boss was but I thought it was Nadeko. Who knows what happened to Ougi when she changes into a guy but Ougi is still around in Hana. Ougi kinda pushed Nadeko to do that anyway

I'm watching the most in 1 season I have in awhile. I was wondering if I should give anything else a chance?

Give a try to One Punch Man, Osumatsu-san and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans. You don't need prior knowledge for this Gundam.

javac

I don't really care what people think of me when it comes to what I consume and their preconceived notions of anime, not to say that I don't have social anxieties, because I do. In all honesty I just think that its far too much trouble for what its worth. My friends and the people that I hang around with just dgaf about anime, and likewise idgaf about football/soccer so its mutual in that sense.

In my workplace at school all are women, so anything not serious like video games and anime is out of the question! Kids are more open-minded fortunately!
Haha I can imagine. Its not that you should refrain from enjoying what you enjoy but that there's a right time and a right place. I guess in a sense I let others start the conversation. Like at my first year at Uni I remember this quiet guy who generally hung out by himself and when he sat next to me I noticed a Dragon Ball wallpaper on his phone and a Nintendo themed wallet (forget which one), not that I pay any attention to other people but I remember just talking to him and I'd like to say I got to make a good friend.

I find Patlabor superior to both FMA and Berserk to be honest since character development is unmatched. But perhaps it requires attention to detail to appreciate it and he'll find it probably boring.

I'd recommend too to read first half of Berserk without hesitation. It is one of the best reads ever. Or at least watch the anime series. Regarding the manga, you can stop reading when Guts meets the new party. You've already experienced the best manga moments anyway.

I did not watch FMA but read the manga. Title is worth reading till the end, but unlike Berserk and Patlabor some characters might not appeal to you (shonen demographic).
Patlabor is indeed amazing. I don't really read manga but if I do I will give Berserk a read. Interesting in regards to FMA, never really heard anyone recommended to me the manga but I will give that a shot too when I get the chance. Its funny that you mention the characters, I'm not a shonen guy but I'll try to keep an open mind *the thread breaks into hysterics at javac saying that he'll keep an open mind*

jediyoshi

Uhh, I don't see how. That would be me going back to Tomb Raider 1 and complaining about all the climbing and hanging and how everyone does that now and how unoriginal that is.
In reality that always sucked and was unengaging
It might be cool if they ever decided to blend combat/climbing together but as it stands it's the most obvious thing I've ever seen of "Well, the shooting ain't that good so we gotta have 'em do this too."
At least it's decent for establishing shots and stuff like that. It's just so bland to play. It reminds me of Prince of Persia Sands of Time if Sands of Time had platforming that played itself and constantly had things break apart.

If you're actually conflating the mechanical gameplay of Tomb Raider 1 climbing to UC1 climbing, then uhh, I don't see how. Before you started, no one would have actually told you UC1 is a better playing game than TR 2013, especially when it had another entire Uncharted game and over half a decade worth of mechanics to build its structure on.

Cornbread78

Blast of Tempest ep.13-18
These episodes have been really good to start the second half. They have really dug into the character development with Mahiro and Yashino being seperated as well as started to unravel the mystery of the trees.

Phatmac

God, this show is just the best. Tons of small funny moments mixed in with introducing a new giant called Levi. Man was that guy HUGE. Hoping for an actual volleyball match soon. Gotta say Saeko-neesan was pretty great/hot this episode plus she saved the game with her driving skills.
6540M5e.jpg

Valkyrie Drive Mermaid - 03

Kicks so stronk they rip your own clothes! That scene was glorious. Not gonna lie, kinda disappointed in the non existent Torino service so far. Bullying Mamori has gone too far, but Cowgirl seems like a fun gal.
Lady 10 kg hype! Given their assets it should prove quite a challenge. I have high expectations for what is coming~

God, this show is just the best. Tons of small funny moments mixed in with introducing a new giant called Levi. Man was that guy HUGE. Hoping for an actual volleyball match soon. Gotta say Saeko-neesan was pretty great/hot this episode plus she saved the game with her driving skills.

For a series focused on a group of men the author has godly taste on women.

Shouta

Asterisk 4

Fight wasn't too bad all things considered. I like how Julis' abilities are super utility, lol. Who would figure you could do that with fire?

I had to laugh at them totally forgetting about Lester though. That guy can't catch a break even after using his attack.

The show keeps dangling story threads from episode to episode to keep you interested. I really enjoy that. If I can get a serious fight between real competitors, I'd be happy. I'm hoping Claudia is as awesome as she seems to be, lol.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

The school is full of assholes. That was a pretty satisfying battle though. I just wish they'd knock off the obvious viewer pandering. It really pulls you out of the scene when Stella is blubbering like the tsundere she is. I did like that she made a good point that at the start of the fight before Area Invisible activated, Ikki should have taken him down, lol.

Asterisk and Rakudai are definitely going in two different directions. The similarities in power between Ayato and Ikki are sort of amusing but their differences is really what defines each show.

Seraph of the End S2 3

Hmm, I wonder what the Seraph of the end actually does. There was a lot of talking, probably more than necessary but it did at least confirm one of the things I was wondering early on. I hope they start moving the plot with the next episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seems my last post caused a bit of a raukus.

It was tongue in cheek. The awkwardness came from the contamination of Americans in the audience who decided it was a good idea to clap at the end of the movie.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 4

In the words of this series this program has a strange charisma about it that I have yet to fully figure out as I should utterly hate this series and yet it is among the best of the season.

Phatmac

close to dropping this with the amount of fan service involving baths in this series. I love Kuon and I don't mind some fan service but this show's pacing has fallen off a cliff. Nothing of note really happened besides a lame reveal and Ukon's little sister being a little shit. This episode was pretty bad with her giving Haku shit for everything he did. She may be cute but stop being a bitch kid. I should probably stop it but Kuon is too good for me to miss.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What could possibly be so bad about watching an idol show with others?
I could have been shoulder to shoulder with Nico fans!

If it was so bad, maybe what you should do is to not watch idol shows, with members of the public or alone. Just an idea.
Awful advice.

There was only one set there but the stewards made them turn them off.
lol Missed that.

You'll be there when μ's starts their international tour, right?
Sewing my cheer squad outfit as we speak.

It wasn't that bad, was it?

(I should probably point out, I was at the same screening, and it wasn't that obnoxious)
OK, it wasn't.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - 04

Wut!? They are admitting of liking each other in fourth episode of your generic VN adaption. This is unheard of.

javac

Jerome Mazandarani, COO of Animatsu Entertainment in the UK posted a pic of a GOD EATER banner and when asked if it was a hint he said the following:
Obviously confused and thought that FUNi had the license. When corrected and that it's in fact AoA he said further:

This is said off the heels of their Madoka release and at growing suspicions that FUNi are thinking of setting up a UK arm and that AoA are in bed with Anime Limited.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Asterisk 4

Fight wasn't too bad all things considered. I like how Julis' abilities are super utility, lol. Who would figure you could do that with fire?

I had to laugh at them totally forgetting about Lester though. That guy can't catch a break even after using his attack.

The show keeps dangling story threads from episode to episode to keep you interested. I really enjoy that. If I can get a serious fight between real competitors, I'd be happy. I'm hoping Claudia is as awesome as she seems to be, lol.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

The school is full of assholes. That was a pretty satisfying battle though. I just wish they'd knock off the obvious viewer pandering. It really pulls you out of the scene when Stella is blubbering like the tsundere she is. I did like that she made a good point that at the start of the fight before Area Invisible activated, Ikki should have taken him down, lol.

Asterisk and Rakudai are definitely going in two different directions. The similarities in power between Ayato and Ikki are sort of amusing but their differences is really what defines each show.

I think Cavalry is better than Asterisk, which is surprising given I sort of prefer the general plot premise (with the school politicking and such) in Asterisk and especially given the cringeworthy Mahouka shit with the sister. The biggest problem with Asterisk to me is that the main character is such a painfully generic Kirito analogue. I mean, both of these episodes ended with the main character forming a partnership with the heroine, but at least Ikki outright says he's doing it because he likes her. Ayato's entire involvement in Asterisk's plot is no real reason other than "must protect harem."

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - 04

Wut!? They are admitting of liking each other in fourth episode of your generic VN adaption. This is unheard of.

That's basically the selling point, I guess. The rest of the "harem" gets blown out by the first volume.

Taruranto

You could tell by the way her breasts were bouncing at every movement that the animators were just desperate to draw them.

Sorry guys, wrong series for that!

squadr0n

Looking for a new show to get into but nothing has caught my eye in awhile. The last good show I liked was Psycho-Pass season 1. But thats just because im a huge cyber punk/Ghost in the Shell fan. Anything that you guys can recommend I check out? I liked Seraph of the End so ill check out season 2 and I also love Gundam so im watching Iron Blooded Orphans. I want to like Kekkai Sensen but it just hasnt grabbed my attention like some other shows have in the past. Anything from like 2010 and up, Ive seen alot of the older shows and just stopped around that time when it felt like Anime was getting away from why I liked it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If the new anime is successful I don't see why not. The side stories can be adapted afterwards. Let KyoAni do that one as there's no action there.

I see a reason why not: they didn't think FMP was worth adapting in the last 9 years.

Cornbread78

Asterix ep.4
Yeah know what, I love it when they can give me a pretty good episode without shoving the princess' tit's in my face for once, lol. The battletter scene was pretty good and ending scene was pretty cute. I like how they are still integrating little parts ( multiple plotlines) of the story into each episode to keep my intetest. Oh, the MC is waaaay to OP as I thought he would be.

Looking for a new show to get into but nothing has caught my eye in awhile. The last good show I liked was Psycho-Pass season 1. But thats just because im a huge cyber punk/Ghost in the Shell fan. Anything that you guys can recommend I check out? I liked Seraph of the End so ill check out season 2 and I also love Gundam so im watching Iron Blooded Orphans. I want to like Kekkai Sensen but it just hasnt grabbed my attention like some other shows have in the past. Anything from like 2010 and up, Ive seen alot of the older shows and just stopped around that time when it felt like Anime was getting away from why I liked it.

Steins;Gate was pretty good! Not gonna suggest Hyouka or any other SoL and such, since from what you said you seem to like technologic/alternate reality stuff. Steins;Gate just came to mind right away, if you haven't already you should check it out.

Angry Grimace

Every time I hear someone shout "IKKI" I keep thinking they're saying "Hikki" and imagine all the characters as SNAFU characters.

Then again, I don't think Hikigaya would do so well at a battle school: he'd just drop out.

phaze

Are you aware of gits:arise? It didn't get very good feedback but it still might be something you're interested in. Gundam build fighters seems to the most higly regarded gundam show so check it out too.

Shouta

I think Cavalry is better than Asterisk, which is surprising given I sort of prefer the general plot premise (with the school politicking and such) in Asterisk and especially given the cringeworthy Mahouka shit with the sister. The biggest problem with Asterisk to me is that the main character is such a painfully generic Kirito analogue. I mean, both of these episodes ended with the main character forming a partnership with the heroine, but at least Ikki outright says he's doing it because he likes her. Ayato's entire involvement in Asterisk's plot is no real reason other than "must protect harem."

That's basically the selling point, I guess. The rest of the "harem" gets blown out by the first volume.

I like both but for different reasons. If I had to choose one, I'd probably say Asterisk because Rakudai's downsides bother me more despite it having better high points right now. Rakudai's fights and Ikki are great. I like that it basically has that shounen heart at its core with the scrappy underdog fighting against the odds. However, the personality tropes along with the the lewd are super annoying and take up way more time than they should. I really don't need them fawning over Ikki and I don't need to see Stella blubber so much.

Ayato doesn't bother me too much. He could be better but eh, at least he's not offensively bad. I think the rest of the cast and interest in where they're going with the story is where Asterisk pulls ahead for me at the moment.

I can definitely see Rakudai pulling ahead by the end of the run but it'll definitely be on the strength of the fights more than anything.

squadr0n

Yeah ive seen Gits Arise, waiting for the new movie which is supposed to tie everything up really nicely. Also seen Steins: Gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom