• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Cavelry ep.4
Ok, that was a pretty damn cool battle and loved that piece of shit's reaction when he found it he was screwed, lol. What a cute romantic scene there at the end. It's funny how similar the "LN twins" are this season and I'm actually kinda enjoying both in their own way.

Wouldn't it be rich if they used those designs for the new animated adaptation?

They're just updating Legend of the Galactic Heroes for the modern era! They have to attract the people who are comfortable with battle academy harem LNs. Just swap some genders like the old LotGH manga did, and they're set.

They're just updating Legend of the Galactic Heroes for the modern era! They have to attract the people who are comfortable with battle academy harem LNs. Just swap some genders like the old LotGH manga did, and they're set.

Nah, there's more money in doubling down on the DTL. Remake the whole series in the image of Golden Wings.

CSIauECUsAAO0q1.png:large

KuGsj.gif

Cavalry 4

These fights are legit good. Solid animation, good sense of speed, pacing is great, and the lead-up to the win is satisfying as hell. THIS is how you do a tournament arc (provided it remains consistent).

Everything outside of the fights is generic LN dreck, but who cares about that.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 45 (Engdub)
tumblr_nuornxNsgY1rb94h0o1_540.png

Kanzaki taking things up to the next level by not even doing the Generation Stride but a Transcending Stride. Unbelievable. Chrono though could hold out constantly and consistently in the ways we always expecting. Im still hoping the DEPEND card comes up to do something key since 5 and 5. I need the next episode.

Best card, Supremacy Black Dragon, Aurageyser Dragon, and Supremacy Black Dragon, Aurageyser Doomed.

So I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to find an ANN article that covered the BD releases of Studio Ghibli films. The article mentioned whether a flims BD was dubtitled and what differences the NA BD's had compared to the Japanese and UK BD's. If anyone can help me find that article I'd appreciate it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
So I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to find an ANN article that covered the BD releases of Studio Ghibli films. The article mentioned whether a flims BD was dubtitled and what differences the NA BD's had compared to the Japanese and UK BD's. If anyone can help me find that article I'd appreciate it.
most of them are dubtitled, just get the Taiwanese versions

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Ep. 4

Was not expecting that twist with Ukon. Beyond that...disappointing episode to be honest. Not much of importance happened here beyond offering a hint of what Haku will be doing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cavalry 4

These fights are legit good.
Main character has a fighting style where he does virtually nothing and gets beat up only to instantly overpower and win over the enemy. I am very confused as to how people can like the action set pieces in this show. I cannot think of a single cut where I thought the action was cool or creative.

Narag

Mushishi 17
Initially I was little put off to this one as it seemed like that letter system should have played a bigger role in the show previously and it took me a bit to reconcile that it had despite never appearing (as far as I remember anyhow given I watch this infrequently.) It helped facilitate Ginko being where he needed to be most in some of the episodes as well as, presumably, other Mushi-Shi as well as usage of the Uroana for travel. My other hang up was that this system was so important it should have been featured earlier in the series but I don't think Aya's story would have been quite so poignant if it did. We've got a grasp on what Ginko can and cannot do so this was more filling in the blanks and answering questions that I never realized I had. Had it been featured earlier, I feel like there would have been this wasted commitment to using it often that's thankfully been averted.

Space Adventure Cobra 19
Goodbye, rugball. You were too good for this world. This arc was one of the best I've seen in anime what with the steady escalation and the intertwined motivations of the principal participants throughout. Couple that Cobra bringing his most smug asshole A game and you've got something amazing. I think Dezaki's stylish flair was at its best here as what should have been material that wasn't anything all that special was instead elevated by the direction.

Space Adventure Cobra 20

Wasn't sure I'd be all aboard with the Swordian stuff but it's basically a Western right down to the white man ruining everything for the natives cautionary tale regarding imperialism so it's all good.

Fafner Exodus 2nd Season Episode 17 - Flames of Farewell
The cost of piloting a fafner is too high but at least there could be a solution for them all. Great episode especially the fight against the festum.

Canon could come back I think since she only vanished

I know Festum magic could probably be handwaved to do that so it's not unreasonable for something like that to happen, but I feel bringing her back would really cheapen what happened.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
The Perfect Insider - 3

I really was liking this story but watching the tone shift like this and now a grown man
fucking a 13 year old girl
... I'm feeling a little put off by the direction.

The episodes raised some questions that I'd like to see answered but I get the feeling that there's many red hearings being put out there to deal with the tonal shift and retain people's interest.

Quasar

Cavalry 4

These fights are legit good. Solid animation, good sense of speed, pacing is great, and the lead-up to the win is satisfying as hell. THIS is how you do a tournament arc (provided it remains consistent).

Everything outside of the fights is generic LN dreck, but who cares about that.

Well for me the relationship is what makes the novel series stand out. Otherwise it is a standard battle school anime.

Line_HTX

Mushishi 17

Initially I was little put off to this one as it seemed like that letter system should have played a bigger role in the show previously and it took me a bit to reconcile that it had despite never appearing (as far as I remember anyhow given I watch this infrequently.) It helped facilitate Ginko being where he needed to be most in some of the episodes as well as, presumably, other Mushi-Shi as well as usage of the Uroana for travel. My other hang up was that this system was so important it should have been featured earlier in the series but I don't think Aya's story would have been quite so poignant if it did. We've got a grasp on what Ginko can and cannot do so this was more filling in the blanks and answering questions that I never realized I had. Had it been featured earlier, I feel like there would have been this wasted commitment to using it often that's thankfully been averted.

Oh man, I remember this show was pretty chill. Is this the episode with the special bamboo in the forest?

Rakudai x Asterisk 04

I preferred Rakudai's fight in this week's competition between the two because it actually makes the MC look imperfection whereas Asterisk's fight was just the MC being as perfect as possible.

However I give the edge to Asterisk this week because it included world building elements what with all the dark hand shit apparently going on with the student president.

I find myself really enjoying these two shows for those two main reasons. Asterik's world seems to be building up into having some very interesting narrative turns while Calvary's fights continue and overall direction continues to be well put together.

DiGiKerot

Seems my last post caused a bit of a raukus.

It was tongue in cheek. The awkwardness came from the contamination of Americans in the audience who decided it was a good idea to clap at the end of the movie.

Ah, that's pretty normal with festival/event type screenings anywhere, particularly when someone involved in the production is likely to be in attendance.

This is said off the heels of their Madoka release and at growing suspicions that FUNi are thinking of setting up a UK arm and that AoA are in bed with Anime Limited.

MVM still have some Aniplex product in the pipeline as well. Funi have been sublicensing stuff out via Anime Limited recently too. I wouldn't read too much into either of these things that Jerome has been saying.

One Piece 715
download_1.png

How much you'll care for Senor Pink's backstory depends on how much natural oddity you can tolerate in the One Piece universe.

Like why would a person
get married to a person without actually knowing what they really do for a living?

Like could you really hide being a pirate of a very wanted crew from the average person?

If you can, then you'll probably find the backstory touching.

Mailbox

Comet Lucifer 2-3

Having really liked the first episode, i feel like these last two have been.... idk how to put it. They aren't "bad", but they definitely feel like starter episodes/ fillers for a longer series (like a 26 episode anime) rather than episodes for a 1 cour anime.

The CG is great, but i did feel like the 2d animation could have used some extra frames in some scenes.

I just don't know what to make of this series just yet. Not bad, but not really good... decent so far i guess.

Haikyuu! S2 (episode 4)

This series is great, and honestly i think i need to start to binge other sports anime while i wait each week.

Young Black Jack episode 4

not quite as good as episode 3 (i love that episode), but better than 1 or 2. Looking forward to more.

Some of the facial art on blackjack himself felt very... poor this episode. Nothing a BD release can't fix though. Hopefully.

Line_HTX

I'll go back and properly watch all of the previous iterations and seasons for the critical details, but in general, this is fairly easy to follow with how much I understand a few character's backgrounds.

Owarimonogatari 01

WAZZUUUUP!

Owarimonogatari 02

How terrifying. I wouldn't be surprised if that proved to be traumatic. Ufufufu~

Owarimonogatari 03

Perhaps you should think hard about why she didn't tell you.
And think also about why she left without saying farewell.

Owarimonogatari 04

No, no, no, no. Don't be modest with me in a strange manner.

I am a Big Boo in this Ghost House.

Phatmac

The Perfect Insider - 3

I really was liking this story but watching the tone shift like this and now a grown man
fucking a 13 year old girl
... I'm feeling a little put off by the direction.

The episodes raised some questions that I'd like to see answered but I get the feeling that there's many red hearings being put out there to deal with the tonal shift and retain people's interest.
Yeahhh that scene in particular made me feel gross. I'm mainly watching it since it seems different from what else is going on this season but boy I don't any to see any more scenes with the little girl in those situations.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would definitely surrender my soul to Ougi.

Monster Strike 04

hmR11CK.png

Me when Part 4 was announced

Fun as always, the part where the girl tried to explain how Monster Strike is actually able to exist in real life was kinda hilarious. It's cool that the writers aren't even trying to make it realistic, some shows always spend way too much time trying to justify why impossible things exist but here they avoided it nicely by making a gag out of it. I guess we still have the mystery of why Oragon is able to exist but I think they're only going to touch on that at the end of the show.

We got another fight and they introduced another mechanic, bump combos, the producers had an interesting take on that system. It was actually implemented well, with lazers flying around everywhere.

This continues to be super charming, my initial expectation of this just being some dumb ad for a mobage have fortunately been exceeded by far. It knows what it wants to be and executes that nicely.

blurr

Owarimonogatari 04

This episode is made a few things clear, Ougi is indeed dangerous and Araragi is an idiot. Hanekawa rekt Ougi.

Owarimonogatari 03-04

This Monogatari season is fantastic and episode 3 was especially well done. Haven't been this intrigued for a while.

I like it so much, that I'll keep away from discussing it here or elsewhere. Wanna explore all of myself as that can be way more interesting than reading half a billion speculations and worse, direct spoilers from people who know the plot already. I do this with every bit of fiction that's got me really invested and where not knowing where exactly it's going makes for a better experience (for me).

Mailbox

I know Shaft said they will do all of monogatari, but do you guys think they will do off-season once they are done zuko-owarimonogatari (ie: finishing final season) and the movies?

They made that announcement prior to off-season even being a thing, and i don't expect them to do it for a while since off-season just started, but what do you guys think?

pbayne

Finished Big O

Amazing series. 10/10. Everyone watch it.

Only nitpicks with the show are that the first half feels far more expansive and interesting than the second. The exploration of things like Asimov's law of robotics and Dorothy's development kind of get pushed to the side in favor of the more plot driven memories/self-identity plot of the second half.

Also Scharwald is a much more charismatic villain than Alex. Episode 12 where the two of them face off might be my favorite episode I've seen of anything all year.

But all in all those are small nitpicks in an otherwise amazing show

Nikodemos

Valkyrie Drive 03:

Each week I ask myself why do I keep watching this show. Each week I receive the answer to that question.

Owarimonogatari 4

Ararararagi. A man with priorities.

Ougi. Your oversized uniform is distracting.
And her black velvet gloves aren't?

pbayne

Gundam IBO 4

Good sign that the episode was still engaging despite being pretty much 20 minutes of set-up/exposition. I assume Akihiro or Orga is going to pilot the mech they are repairing.

Step back Kudelia. Mikazuki belongs to Atra.

javac

MCM London Comic Con Announcements Day 3
Anime Limited
Gundam:
  • The English dub of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans will be available in early 2016 and will be handled by Bang Zoom! Entertainment.
  • Anime Limited plans to release Gundam on both Blu-ray and DVD in the UK starting off with the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV series. The first part releases on November 3rd 2015 with the second part out in December.
  • Anime Limited plan to release Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam and Gundam Reconguista in G in the UK on home video in 2016.
Gundam Q&A
  • Any chance of a G Gundam release? - "There are so many Gundam series, but we're going to focus on Universal Century titles for 2016 and move on from there".
  • Any chance of a home video release of Iron-Blooded Orphans in the UK? "If Gundam shows sell well then it's a possibility".

Anime Limited also had a panel with Viewster talking about their Omakase box.
Pics from https://twitter.com/ukanime
Any chance of HD video without the merchandise box? "It's not an option, but we might revisit it in the future".
@viewster
it's very expensive since we have to renegotiate licenses to be ad-free + HD. It take time, so let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom