• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 3

Well the Mutiny occurred pretty quickly. Normally it would take up the entire episode but here's resolved in around 5 minutes. Ditto with the lack of funds issue afterwards.

The mutiny also showed me that Mikazuki is cold as ice. No dicking around, just gets the job done ruthlessly and efficiently. It's actually a welcome change in comparison to more recent Gundam protags.

Really good episode. Let's see what Tekkadan does going forward.

Exalted

One Punch Man Episode 4

Great episode as always. We saw two new heroes bicycle man and Sonic the ninja. Wish the Sonic and Saitama scene were a bit longer.

Best One Punch Man episode this far. Yuki Kaji as antagonist is one of my favorite things in anime and he was perfect as Speed O Sound Sonic! Can s2 hurry so I get the event I need animated please.

CSLlneiWIAEyvi_.png
CSLm30mWoAEOxDe.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One Punch Man Episode 4:

Any episode that allows me to watch a Sasuke analog get dick punched is aces in my book.

Qurupeke

One Punch Man 4

Hey, The Organization appeared! Their arc is the best!
lol

Great episode again. Saitama's Eternal Rival, Speed of Sound Sonic was awesome and I liked his voice, as in the manga he seemed too feminine. His fights were amazing.

Cornbread78

Owarimonogatari ep.4
Lol at Ougi being pwnd by Hanakawa's boobs. Another excellent episode overall since the conversations never get old. Looking forward to see how the meeting goes next week.

phaze

One Punch Man 04

I feel like the Sonic vs OPM clash could have been executed better. The action in general was a step down from the level that was kept hitherto. Which is not to say it was bad, just lacking that extra oomph the previous episodes had. Humour too was a miss, probably weakest ep so far.

Okada Gundam 04

How long before they catch on and kill Hitler dude? I almost threw up on that line he said at the end, the most Gundam line of all time. "LOL ADULTS SUCK WATCH US DO DIRTY SHIT"

plz no i got enough of that the last 25 times

What happened to Australia?

Same thing as UC it looks like - the original Colony Drop on Sydney.

Blood Orphans - 04

zZzzzZzZzz

When the plot doesn't move forward quickly this show leaves you with little to be desired. There was a surprisingly large amount of ugly animations bits. At several points when characters were talking the linework on the faces looked strange.

The betraying older man from the previous leadership's crew is going on my nerves. I was satisfied when the protagonists made short work of those still opposing them and yet, this guy does nothing but nag and scheme obviously. I have no idea why they'd allow him to be in charge of anything really. However, there's a chance that they're actually quite aware of his intentions and plan with that in mind. We'll see.

Line_HTX

Okada Gundam 04

How long before they catch on and kill Hitler dude? I almost threw up on that line he said at the end, the most Gundam line of all time. "LOL ADULTS SUCK WATCH US DO DIRTY SHIT"

plz no i got enough of that the last 25 times

Same thing as UC it looks like - the original Colony Drop on Sydney.

Waiting for the bottom to drop out and this Gundam is yet another terrible show with the same stupid formula. I find it hard to enjoy the characters over the years.

Gundam plot a doo-doo.

Phatmac

Think I died laughing with Licenseless Rider's intro. The animation continues to deliver with some great looking action scenes. We also got introduced to best girl Sonic. That bunch to the junk has got to hurt. At least he can still give us some more innocent smiles.

javac

MCM London Comic Con Announcements Day 3 - Final Announcements
Anime Limited
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release The Murder Case of Hana & Alice in the UK in 2016.
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release Snow White with the Red Hair in the UK in 2016.
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release Brothers Conflict in the UK in 2016.
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release Selector Infected WIXOSS in the UK in 2016.

Round Up
MCM London Comic Con Announcements
Anime Limited
Day 1
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Turn A Gundam soon in the UK with more Gundam news coming in 2016.
  • Anime Limited have acquired Studio Trigger's Ninja Slayer From Animation with a 2016 release planned.
  • Anime Limited have acquired Expelled From Paradise with a January 25th 2016 release on both Blu-ray and DVD.
  • Anime Limited have acquired Tokyo ESP with a planned 2016 release. Anime Limited are anticipating a February 2016 release.
  • Anime Limited have acquired The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 1. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is planned to come out in 2016 with more details coming soon.
Day 2
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Tokyo Marble Chocolate in the UK.
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Claymore on Blu-ray in the UK.
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Attack on Titan: Junior High in the UK.
  • Anime Limited has announced that it plans to release Prison School in the UK.
Day 3
  • Anime Limited plans to release Gundam on both Blu-ray and DVD in the UK starting off with the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV series. The first part releases on November 3rd 2015 with the second part out in December.
  • Anime Limited plan to release Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam and Gundam Reconguista in G in the UK on home video in 2016.
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release The Murder Case of Hana & Alice in the UK in 2016.
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release Snow White with the Red Hair in the UK in 2016.
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release Brothers Conflict in the UK in 2016.
  • Anime Limited has acquired and plans to release Selector Infected WIXOSS in the UK in 2016.

Q1 2016 Updates
  • Ping Pong The Animation Collector's Edition is scheduled for January 11th 2016. Due to the delay, Anime Limited are looking into adding "something extra".
  • Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress is planned to release in January 2016.
  • Expelled from Paradise is scheduled for a January 25th release on both Blu-ray and DVD.
  • Anime Limited are looking into giving the Makoto Shinkai Voices of a Distant Star / The Place Promised in Our Early Days a Steelbook release. At present it is scheduled for a February 2016 release.
  • Tokyo ESP is scheduled for a February 2016 release.
  • The first season of Durarara!! x2 is planned to be released in February 2016 as a complete collection.
  • Miss Hokusai is scheduled for a March 2016 Blu-ray and DVD release.
  • Terror in Resonance will be getting a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack with a release in either March or April 2016.

Q&A
  • As it stands, Anime Limited only own the digital rights for The Heroic Legend of Arslan but are interested in the home rights.
  • In regards to Escaflowne Ultimate Edition, Anime Limited are waiting for confirmation of a potential dub of the Director's Cut edition. The set is still scheduled for a 2016 release.
  • In regards to BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, there's an issue with the masters.
  • Due to the delay, Anime Limited are looking into giving BECK a Blu-ray release.
  • "How long does it take to design a product from start to finish?" It usually takes around 6 weeks.

Manga Entertainment / Animatsu Entertainment
Day 1
  • Manga will be releasing Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo on March 7th 2016, on DVD, Blu-ray and Collector's Edition Blu-ray.
  • Kaze have acquired Code Geass: Akito the Exiled. It's scheduled to release on March 21st 2016 in two parts.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired both seasons of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. Season 1 is scheduled to release in 2016.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Seasons 1 and Seasons 2 of Haikyuu!!. Season 1 will release in two volumes in 2016.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma with a 2016 release planned.
  • Kaze have acquired the home video rights for One-Punch Man.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? with a Collector's Edition planned.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired School-Live!.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Ore Monogatari!! with a Blu-ray and DVD release planned across two parts. A Collector's Edition is also planned.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Amagi Brilliant Park.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Humanity Has Declined with a Q1 2016 release planned.
  • Animatsu Entertainment have acquired Blade Dancer of the Elementalers with a 2016 release planned.
  • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' is out on Blu-ray, DVD and Collector's Edition on January 25th 2016.
  • Kaze will release Persona 4: The Animation as a Complete Series Collection on DVD as well as a Blu-ray/DVD combo.
  • Akame ga Kill! will be getting a special announcement on October 30th 2015.

Q&A and Tidbits
  • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' had the second highest screen average on its opening day in the UK after The Martian.
  • In regards to a Hunter x Hunter release: "I think it's going to stay digital, we don't think Viz Media have UK rights"
  • Animatsu Entertainment don't have the second season of Chaika yet, but are waiting for it to be offered to them.

MVM Entertainment
Day 1
  • MVM have acquired GATE. It's scheduled to release in 2016. More details soon.
  • MVM have acquired Monster Musume. It's scheduled to release in 2016. More details soon.
  • MVM have acquired Hanamonogatari. It's scheduled to release in 2016. More details soon.
  • MVM will release the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works series in the UK next year. Part 1 will release on March 23rd 2016 on both DVD & Collectors Edition Blu-ray. More details soon.

Cornbread78

Comet Lucifer ep.4
Interesting episode. I guess the plot will really start moving along now, but it's a shame that creapy piece of crap is still alive. I saw a lot of complaints earlier about the SoL elements and the dancing veggies, but the show has been OK so far. Hopefully, we get a boost in the plot next week.

ibyea

Banned
The original Strike Witches map was also pretty amazing with just plain destroying China and Korea to avoid to adress the Sino-Japanese War.

strikewitchesworldmaps9ot2.jpg

As a Korean, I am always amused by many anime's attempt to skirt or gloss over around that big issue from the 1930s/40s.

Sterok

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 4

Why am I not shocked that sleazy guy is in fact planning to betray them? Come on, give him a few episodes. A fairly slow episode, but still decent enough with interesting exposition and character moments.

ibyea

Banned
The Perfect Insider: 1
Decided to reward myself after a terribly stressful week leading up to physics GRE.

Intriguing first episode, seems like the mystery will be centered around this Dr. Magata
who supposedly murdered her parents but was acquitted and then disappeared to do research.
The protagonists are a bit annoying, with Saikawa being really pretentious and Nishinosono just constantly crushing on Saikawa. Episode has me hooked at least and I liked that math part with the proof because I just like math. Also, what a terrible CG car.

Best One Punch Man episode this far. Yuki Kaji as antagonist is one of my favorite things in anime and he was perfect as Speed O Sound Sonic! Can s2 hurry so I get the event I need animated please.

[G]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSLlneiWIAEyvi_.png[/IMG][IG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSLm30mWoAEOxDe.png[/IMG]

It's funny when I first read the manga I thought he was a lady. With those hips and all haha

Zephyx

Rakudai 4

We got a couple on Chapter 4? What blasphemy is this?!

Seriously though, good stuff all around. The battle scenes were animated nicely and the confession scene at the end was cherry on top. I think this anime will be my favorite this season.

Asterisk 4

He fought all those carrying Julis? How manly. Seems like the focus of this anime is the plot and world building instead of character relationships as they open a lot of story points very early on. The male MC is very uninspiring though. I wish he had more personality in him.

Kimikiss Pure Rouge 1 - END

It was a bit slow paced for my tastes but I enjoyed the ride all the way to the end. Didn't really care for
Kouichi and Mao
pairing up in the end as I enjoyed the
Kazuki-Eriko
pairing more. Best scene IMO was the elevator confession by the latter though. Really enjoyed that part.

ibyea

Banned
Perfect Insider: 2
Pretty much introduced the cast and the rules of how the "closed room" worked. It ended with a fantastic creepy note.

Two miscellaneous observations, I really like the character designs, and I wish the closing credit music was in the opening since I like it better.

Okada Gundam 04

That old man must really have a death wish. I mean I'm not worried about the kids at all this time since they have proved to be more than capable of kicking ass and they are all geared now, but the guy's just going to end up like the former captain. Also this week we see Mika and the princess getting closer, all while the childhood friend is just there, childhood-friending. I'm rooting for the poor girl, but this is anime. No matter how much you blush, childhood friends never win.

javac

There's actually nothing I'm interested in getting lol.

Maybe anime is finally dead to me.

Same here, nothing at all for me whatsoever. I don't think that I'd even watch any of those new acquisitions for free and if I was gifted any of them, I'd chunk 'em out of my damn house! Garbage! I'm sure that they will sell well for each distro so I doubt that they're upset at me not giving a shit about any of their acquisitions, plenty of other fish in the sea.

Call me when somebody licenses Millennium Actress, The Big O, Angel's Egg, Giant Robo or any of the World Masterpiece Theater on Blu-ray, thanks!

kewlmyc

One-Punch Man 04

Asking for the Sonic vs Saitama fight to be as awesome as the manga chapter that was nothing but a flipbook would have been too demanding, but this was till good. Keep up the good work, Madhouse.

gEHxr.gif

Also Licenseless Rider is awesome.

People are actually putting together timelines for Concrete Revolutio.

And looking at that, I don't know who Concrete Revolutio is for. It visually harkens back to classical animation in many regards, but its story is literally told in the most confusing way possible, with as much moral ambiguity as possible. You never get to really know the heroes or villains as people, so you can't really speak on their personal morality. All you have is their actions, but none of the surrounding information about them as people. It creates a situation where it's hard to say who the actual heroes and villains are in this story, a story that deliberately invokes themes of comics and Sentai shows.

And maybe that's the point. Maybe Concrete Revolutio is supposed to be uncomfortable to watch in some regards. Its depiction of a morally grey world clashes sternly with the black and white morality of modern day anime and comic book heroes. Maybe we're so used to stories being spoon fed to us, that a story that asks us to do a bit of the work annoys us.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Rainy

Banned
Utawarerumono 4

Nothing too substantial happened in this episode but I still really enjoyed it. The ending has me really interested in who the villain is too. I also didn't see that twist coming....

Kuon still the best.

Russ T

Banned
Haven't yet watched latest ep of Revolutio, but last week's felt a whole hell of a lot mroe coherent than the first two episodes.

It also felt, I suppose, the most easily standalone, so that may be why.

pbayne

Same here, nothing at all for me whatsoever. I don't think that I'd even watch any of those new acquisitions for free and if I was gifted any of them, I'd chunk 'em out of my damn house! Garbage! I'm sure that they will sell well for each distro so I doubt that they're upset at me not giving a shit about any of their acquisitions, plenty of other fish in the sea.

Call me when somebody licenses Millennium Actress, The Big O, Angel's Egg, Giant Robo or any of the World Masterpiece Theater on Blu-ray, thanks!

Just finished Big O myself and checked on the state of the license...Fucking Sentai.

Gvitor

One Punch Man 04

The music in the Sonic x Saitama fight was great. Really enjoyed this episode, the jokes in this one were so much better than last week's. Hopefully this hero title thing becomes an arc instead of a single episode.

ibyea

Banned
Perfect Insider: 3
That was a bit too slow paced for my liking. Also, I can imagine how the criminal escaped the room without being detected. My speculation is:
Criminal was under the dress in the roller cart, the criminal escaped from it when the lights turned off after the reset.
But I wonder if there is a counterpoint to that. At least it ended with one heck of a cliffhanger,
with the dude in the helicopter becoming the second victim.
Also the episode ended with a final squicky scene.

Firemind

Hm, if we're making wish lists, I want Nodame Cantabile, The Tatami Galaxy bluray, Macross DYRL bluray, Macross Plus bluray, Kamichu! reissue, Tokyo Godfathers bluray and The Dream Machine to finally get financed.

Kimikiss Pure Rouge 1 - END

It was a bit slow paced for my tastes but I enjoyed the ride all the way to the end. Didn't really care for Kouichi and Mao pairing up in the end as I enjoyed the Kazuki-Eriko pairing more. Best scene IMO was the elevator confession by the latter though. Really enjoyed that part.
Asuka was robbed!

javac

Funnily enough my favorite Big O moments are those without the mechs themselves, so basically the first half. I find that I don't take a liking for most mecha action and appreciate the stuff around it instead.

OPM 04

Show continues to be funny and kick ass at the same time. Sonic is cool and is obviously super fast, still not enough to beat Saitama. Also all this time I thought the guy got paid for being a super hero. Without a job, how does he pay for food and rent?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom