• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Are these not good series or is it something I wrote? :$ I don't watch Gundam so its just a bunch of names to me! I thought people liked Gundam, and isn't Zeta the one people like?

I mean...it has that dude with the cool glasses and that Haman chick with the cool ass hair *I guess I know something about Gundam!*

Baalzebup

It's not just only a bad layout....

lolder08.jpg

Apparently Kudelia, Mikazuki and Biscuit is looking at nothing instead of Atra.

So Atra is literally beneath their attention?

Are these not good series or is it something I wrote? :$ I don't watch Gundam so its just a bunch of names to me! I thought people liked Gundam, and isn't Zeta the one people like?

I mean...it has that dude with the cool glasses and that Haman chick with the cool ass hair *I guess I know something about Gundam!*

Zeta, ZZ, and Turn A are all great series (from what I've heard anyway, I'm just about halfway through on Zeta and Turn A and I'm liking both of those).

G-Reco is the odd one out here.

Hattori

Banned
I know Shaft said they will do all of monogatari, but do you guys think they will do off-season once they are done zuko-owarimonogatari (ie: finishing final season) and the movies?

They made that announcement prior to off-season even being a thing, and i don't expect them to do it for a while since off-season just started, but what do you guys think?
I hope they go back to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and/or Arakawa Under Bridge
probably won't happen though :(

Firemind

Turn A Gundam has this as the main Gundam. I mean it's not quite G Gundam but it's close. And Reconguista is Reconguista.

Ascheroth

Okada Gundam - 04

Pretty much only exposition and set-up for thigs to come, yet it was still very interesting to watch.

Comet Lucifer - 04

I like the light-hearted slice of life moments in this show, but it went on a bit too long for my tastes.

DiGiKerot

The implication at the time seemed to be another of these "Sunrise thinks you should release all the UC TV shows and then we'll let you talk to us about other Gundam series" things. Apparently they also had a video of Tomino saying something to the audience, but, alas, the video file wouldn't play on their system.

I'm not really sure if it's the most sensible way to go about releasing Gundam aboard, given how palpable the audiences desire for G Gundam seemed to be, but that's our slate for next year.

(Also, Turn-A is rad)

Concrete Revolutio 4

God dammit. It's like I want to drop the show but it hasn't done anything so horrible to warrant me dropping it just yet. Also in this episode they decided to not show the future timeline and instead opted to be more confusing and add a past timeline.

Yes it's still hard to grasp what is going on over-all. This show will likely end up being the most wasted potential of the season.

The original Strike Witches map was also pretty amazing with just plain destroying China and Korea to avoid to adress the Sino-Japanese War.

strikewitchesworldmaps9ot2.jpg

Line_HTX

Finished Big O

Amazing series. 10/10. Everyone watch it.

Only nitpicks with the show are that the first half feels far more expansive and interesting than the second. The exploration of things like Asimov's law of robotics and Dorothy's development kind of get pushed to the side in favor of the more plot driven memories/self-identity plot of the second half.

Also Scharwald is a much more charismatic villain than Alex. Episode 12 where the two of them face off might be my favorite episode I've seen of anything all year.

But all in all those are small nitpicks in an otherwise amazing show

Fuck yes, Schwartzwald is definitely a better villain because he was searching for his own truth as well. Plus, his speeches are way better than Alex Rosewater.

I must admit, I hated the 2nd half, but rewatching it made me think about what they were talking about and now I love the ending.

I'm with you in that while I wanted them to elaborate more on the memories angle, I enjoyed the episodic world that explored the unique aspects of Paradigm City.

I only wish they had more adult and professional interactions between Roger and Angel.

Phatmac

After some action packed episodes I'm glad this episode was a reprieve for our cast of orphans. We were introduced to our Char equivalent with him being a pedo by somehow having wrapped candy at the ready to placate the sisters. They also had an early meeting between the mc and antagonist early on like in Gundam fashion. The most interesting part was to learn about the state of earth. It's basically a scramble of Africa situation between Earth and Mars as parts of the world were divided. Sadly Australia got fucked like in most future anime. I'm glad Mika isn't a wimp by going to the extreme of protecting his sisters. He's also alpha as fuck by making two cuties blush so quickly. Goddamn Mika. Loving this series but noticed some sloppy animation. Hope it gets better.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 4:

Oddly enough this was structured much like Utawarerumono yesterday in the fact that this was mostly about world building, character development and exposition with little in the way of plot advancement. The difference is IBO knows how to conduct itself in this manner without resorting to a shitload of fanservice in order to keep us from getting bored.

Yo Hammerhead's voice...is that Aoki?

No but seriously tho, we know who the real star of this episode was...fucking Licenseless Rider best hero!

Go_Ly_Dow

South Park Creators Matt and Trey are asking fans to submit their Yaoi fanart for them to use in a upcoming episode.

Eeeek!

One Punch Man 04

Considering we didn't have any crazy fights this episode the quality of these b-tier battles were just as fine for me because they were still like above average.

Lol at the dick punch in slow motion. And the "I can tell by your innocent smile"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom