• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Honey and Clover S2 ep.7-9
Hagu!! Man, shit got real in the last couple episodes. We finally got some insight into what Shinobu has been up to through both seasons with his brother as well as part of the reason he is so detached at times. With Takemoto finally coming to the conclusion that he cannot support
Hagu because of her injuries
I guess it opens the door for
Shinobu
to return and care for her since he now
is running a business with his brother and has plenty of time and funds to support her
he left but he will come back. That's my speculation anyway, since again, that is the way the story has been pulling. Well, only 3 episodes left of this whole drama ride.

Kimikiss Pure Rouge 1 - END
It was a bit slow paced for my tastes but I enjoyed the ride all the way to the end. Didn't really care for
Kouichi and Mao pairing up in the end as I enjoyed the Kazuki-Eriko pairing more.
Best scene IMO was the elevator confession by the latter though. Really enjoyed that part.

Hey, can you do me a favor and spoiler final ships please? Unless it id plainly obvious from the start that they are the final two, be spoiled on that kinda sucks, lol. You're fucking with the ships man, bad, bad, bad. Let me live through the drama and angst, so I can be pissed myself when the best girl gets screwed over like usual, lol. Plus this one is on my "ptw" list up shows.

javac

Hm, if we're making wish lists, I want Nodame Cantabile, The Tatami Galaxy bluray, Macross DYRL bluray, Macross Plus bluray, Kamichu! reissue, Tokyo Godfathers bluray and The Dream Machine to finally get financed.

I'd personally rather Dreaming Machine never come out. As it is, Satoshi Kon was super detailed in his storyboarding so you could in essence create the film from what he left behind however his storyboards weren't finished in this instance, but regardless it wouldn't be the same. He did give it his blessing so it wouldn't be against his word to finish and release it but I don't know...

Macross is...well we all know what's up with that. I have The Tatami Galaxy on DVD but haven't seen it yet. Wouldn't be against a BD release obviously. Andrew at Anime Limited actually used to work at Bezz as Head of Acquisitions and he mentioned that it was a nightmare to subtitle lol. It's all in limbo right now and the subtitle only nature makes it a harder sell.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu 1

Decided to finally get around to watching FMP given the news, and so I've gotten to fumoffu. 1st ep was hilarious. He seemed so fucking crazy when he was threatening those punks

Cornbread78

Decided to finally get around to watching FMP given the news, and so I've gotten to fumoffu. 1st ep was hilarious. He seemed so fucking crazy when he was threatening those punks

I'm going to join you in this ride really soon just to finally watch this notorious good show .

So I've never seen Paprika. I just ordered it off Amazon for 7 dollars.

I know next to nothing about it, other than it comes from Satoshi Kon (RIP), who did the fantastic Tokyo Godfathers, and that it gave us one of the most terrifying anime gifs I think I've ever seen.

Sterok

Aikatsu 156

So Yuu is a travel idol now. How oddly appropriate. Yuu may not have forgotten Akari, but everyone else sure forgot her. Get Yuu. Hah hah. Miyabi and Kokone out of nowhere to take up Yuu's precious screen-time. Those two need a Light Pink Day Tripper concert. Or at least Kokone needs to do something that isn't Caramelize. Lovely Party Collection from Luminas? I get that we never got the proper version last season, but I want new songs. There's only been one so far. Those pumpkins were neat though. I knew Yuu was going to get screwed, but it was still disappointing. Well, as long as long as she keeps trying with hard work and perseverance, I'm sure she'll get on stage eventually just like her spiritual senpai.

Mature

I know next to nothing about it, other than it comes from Satoshi Kon (RIP), who did the fantastic Tokyo Godfathers, and that it gave us one of the most terrifying anime gifs I think I've ever seen.
It's on the weaker end of Kon's output, but still a terrific film. The visuals and soundtrack alone make it wothwhile.

javac

It's an interesting film, whether you like it or not its hard to come out of it without appreciating the unbridled skill Satoshi Kon displays here from a film making perspective. I found it visually overbearing personally at times and its my least favorite Kon film but from the scene transitions and character and set designs its all technically stunning and shows how Satoshi Kon was head and shoulders above the rest. From a film making perspective it should be studied for sure. Have fun.

javac

Regardless I appreciate works like Paprika for its desire to be a legitimately good movie that doesn't just rest on its laurels unlike most anime garbage produced. It misses the mark here and there but regardless its clear that Satoshi Kon tried to push the boundaries of storytelling in animation with each of his works and Paprika is no different. So good even Christopher Nolan was inspired.
:p

Paprika is worth watching for some pretty cool visual sequences but don't expect it to be as good as Tokyo Godfathers or anything.

That's a high bar for me, since Tokyo Godfathers is one of my favorite anime movies ever.

tumblr_mvm20x8uPG1sh6ublo1_500.gif

These three right here are great.

I'm going to join you in this ride really soon just to finally watch this notorious good show .

Well just in case, you might want to start with the original series before Fumoffu.

I mean you could enjoy Fumoffu with no knowledge of the series at all (at least I think some people do that), but you might want some background to understand everyone's character and all the jokes.

Enjoy it, for it is one of the best anime comedies out there. I think this scene is one of my favourites from the show.

Fu4.gif

Hamst3r

I'm the exact opposite on all this Paprika vs. Tokyo Godfathers talk. Paprika is one of my favorites and Tokyo Godfathers is one of my least favorites.

Perhaps another viewing of Tokyo Godfathers is in order.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
RWBY Vol. 3 01
Visually there have been some pretty big upgrades with background art and model detail that make the show feel like it has a cleaner image overall. Unfortunately there are still a lot of awkward camera hangs or stills, and the absence of sound in certain sections highlights how amateurish this series can feel at times. Outside of that I actually think the show has slowly built up enough personality for the characters for it to at least be an enjoyable kind of fun. Many of the voice actors are finding their place in the role at this point and their performances can kind of imbue scenes with much more personality than they present visually. This is definitely the strongest season opener the series has had, and none of the bloated side elements about fighting faceless organizations and monsters is getting in the way of the tournament arc here. Definitely the strongest season opener for the series. Anime is saved.

Cornbread78

Well just in case, you might want to start with the original series before Fumoffu.

I mean you could enjoy Fumoffu with no knowledge of the series at all (at least I think some people do that), but you might want some background to understand everyone's character and all the jokes.

Oh, trust me, I meant the full first and second seasons. It's only 36 episodes and I read it has a pretty good story and character development as well as romance plot, so why not... It's been on my PTW list for months.

RWBY Vol. 3 01

Visually there have been some pretty big upgrades with background art and model detail that make the show feel like it has a cleaner image overall. Unfortunately there are still a lot of awkward camera hangs or stills, and the absence of sound in certain sections highlights how amateurish this series can feel at times. Outside of that I actually think the show has slowly built up enough personality for the characters for it to at least be an enjoyable kind of fun. Many of the voice actors are finding their place in the role at this point and their performances can kind of imbue scenes with much more personality than they present visually. This is definitely the strongest season opener the series has had, and none of the bloated side elements about fighting faceless organizations and monsters is getting in the way of the tournament arc here. Definitely the strongest season opener for the series. Anime is saved.

I'm honestly kinda considering checking this out. Out of curiosity anyway.

I have to really respect Rooster Teeth's passion for continuing this after the tragic death of Monty Oum (RIP). It's pretty spectacular that these characters have become popular enough to get attention in Japan and even a Japanese dub.

Like yeah, I know an anime being super popular and mainstream isn't exactly a good selling point (and the show itself doesn't look all that fantastic either), but for something that seems like it should just be a simple internet show to become popular enough to get that kind of attention is something that I just can't help but admire.

Jarmel

Banned
Haikyuu 2-4

I'm honestly surprised Hinata and crew haven't come up with more variations/alternatives to Hinata's quick attack. It's been apparent for awhile that teams are going to counter it so it's kinda weird that this event in Tokyo is going to force him to start advancing on that front, as it should have happened awhile ago.

Hastati

Enjoy it, for it is one of the best anime comedies out there. I think this scene is one of my favourites from the show.

Fu4.gif

The rugby episode absolutely killed me. Such a surprisingly funny show, considering the more serious tones of the previous season (and then comparing it with the second raid, jeez).

Gotta rewatch them all when we get closer to the new season. So much excitement!

Jarmel

Banned
Noragami 2-4

I'm finding the main plot of this to be fairly stupid in that it's clear Yato had very good reasons for doing what he did. This is not even a morally gray type of situation and so Bishamon is coming off as insufferable.

Bishamon is a complete fucking idiot.

Comet Lucifer 3
download.png

This is the worst character on the show. Yes, worse than the hacker guy.

Is...is this show really gonna just give us huge background info like that?

Well, at least it's giving us a reason to care about some of these characters. They're reasonably likable.

By the way, CheapJuice is right, breadmilf is best girl.

Cornbread78

Honey and Clover S2 ep.10-END
Damn, pretty power ending to the series and nothing like I thought it would be. Someone just has to be chopping onions in the room. The show focused more on the pain love causes as well as what happens when you don't get your loved one, kinda like 5cm would, but for some reason uses relationships that succeed between couples with sizeable age differences, not just with older men, but older woman too. She loves someone else, but will spend her life elsewhere by choice? WTF was that? Also, I expected more from the final gathering right there, again, it felt rushed. Oh well, the final scenes with Takemoto and Hagu were the very definition of bittersweet with it's message and presentation. Overall, the series was excellent with adult characters with adult problems. It's unique in a sense that it was a coming of age drama story talking about growing up into an adult world and learning to life and love in that world. Season one had some really funny moments but they really got away from that in season 2 as they started to close out each of the plotlines and move the story along with high drama and character growth. I'll let it pass because it was just good to watch..

Zephyx

Hey, can you do me a favor and spoiler final ships please? Unless it id plainly obvious from the start that they are the final two, be spoiled on that kinda sucks, lol. You're fucking with the ships man, bad, bad, bad. Let me live through the drama and angst, so I can be pissed myself when the best girl gets screwed over like usual, lol. Plus this one is on my "ptw" list up shows.

My bad. I thought it's OK to not put it in spoilers since it is a pretty old show. Doing it now. Sorry.

Line_HTX

Valkyrie Drive 02

Odd "wedding" ceremony on an artificial island full of quarantines.

One Punch Man 02-04

I need more evil Miyukichi. I also want her to do the oh-hohohohoho laugh. I hate mosquitoes.

Cyborg friend is funny.

Ouch... I feel for Sonic. I instantly felt the pain of that punch to the Mmhmm.

God, his name is dumb for a ninja.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 158

This school is logistically challenged. If they're going to Okinawa then why are you sending them on a six-hour bus ride to Kyoto for the night before? Just have them fly out of fucking Tokyo. Worked out for Yuu's lazy ass though. Speaking of which, she probably had more screen time here than all of last season combined. Wrote her out with a roof leak and now trying to push her back in.

Mailbox

I'm honestly kinda considering checking this out. Out of curiosity anyway.

I have to really respect Rooster Teeth's passion for continuing this after the tragic death of Monty Oum (RIP). It's pretty spectacular that these characters have become popular enough to get attention in Japan and even a Japanese dub.

Like yeah, I know an anime being super popular and mainstream isn't exactly a good selling point (and the show itself doesn't look all that fantastic either), but for something that seems like it should just be a simple internet show to become popular enough to get that kind of attention is something that I just can't help but admire.

I haven't started the 3rd season, but if you are gonna start this... how do i put it...

Just don't expect it to be good, but have fun with it. Season one has a ton of problems, but it got better in season 2.

I feel like the JP dub will be better though. IIRC they got some great voice talent for that.
Comet Lucifer - 04

Breadmilf best girl

Comet Lucifer 3

By the way, CheapJuice is right, breadmilf is best girl.

Are we really calling her Breadmilf?

Because I love that!

DonMigs85

So turns out there was a Himouto OVA last week, and I believe the Nisekoi OVA also comes out today.
Also what's the deal with MILPOM? Looks pretty bizarre

Also what's the deal with MILPOM? Looks pretty bizarre

It is bizarre, I think about six weeks ago the first episode was released on Daisuki but the next one isn't available yet.
It's basically some SoL show with Barbie dolls talking to eachother, it's also kinda short.

I kinda like the random stuff that Daisuki posts on their site, same as that talkshow, but that's because it shows a lot of top 10 11 lists.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 152:

With the individual scouts finally getting a proper focus episode the second half is feel much more like a traditional Sailor Moon arc, which is a good thing, certainly a step up from the endless nothing that was the Amazon Trio days. This time around it is Rei as she is next in line to get the long overdue Crystal power but before that she has to deal with a little girl who is having a identity crisis and has stars for pupils. I don't know who thought that design was a good idea but they need a good punch to the face. Anyway, as far as Rei in the spotlight episodes goes this one was fairly middling as it explored the superficial side of Rei which calls for lot of obnoxiousness from not only her but Usagi and the others. In fact, this kind of felt like an elaborate in joke as the hellspawn saw Rei somebody who would devote her life to that of a shrine maiden who would never marry, which is the pat of her manga counterpart. Mild recommendation to avoid.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 153:

Well then, we interrupt your regularly scheduled focus episode to give you a heaping pile of PSA infested shit. No, seriously, what the fuck, this episode is basically one big morality play on he merits of brushing your teeth. I understand Sailor Moon was still considered to be a kids show and all that but this garbage is unconscionable at this stage in the game. As in this feels like an early season one or maybe season two episode but has no place this late in the series. It really is the epitome of why this season fail so hard as they tried to go backwards on themes and that is just not how the game is played. Maximum recommendation to avoid and honestly one of the worst episodes of the series.

New Game! TV anime announced.

Follow Aoba Suzukaze, a fresh high-school graduate that is easily mistaken as a middle school student, as she joins the game company that produced her favorite game as an artist, and her cute antics in this story told through 4-koma.
cHWFCoN.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG9tWDy6Hmc
Ugh Deen.

Oh hey it's that male character from that other anime.

Seriously, can't character designers come up with some unique male character designs for once. Yes, I get they are blank canvas self insert nobodies, but seriously, it's drab and lazy.

Araki manages to fill his male dominated JoJo series with all sorts of unique male designs.

Oh hey it's that male character from that other anime.

Seriously, can't character designers come up with some unique male character designs for once. Yes, I get they are blank canvas self insert nobodies, but seriously, it's drab and lazy.

Araki manages to fill his male dominated JoJo series with all sorts of unique male designs.

Not every male character can be as memorable as Biscuit Griffon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom