• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

Same here, nothing at all for me whatsoever. I don't think that I'd even watch any of those new acquisitions for free and if I was gifted any of them, I'd chunk 'em out of my damn house! Garbage! I'm sure that they will sell well for each distro so I doubt that they're upset at me not giving a shit about any of their acquisitions, plenty of other fish in the sea.

Call me when somebody licenses Millennium Actress, The Big O, Angel's Egg, Giant Robo or any of the World Masterpiece Theater on Blu-ray, thanks!

I just want AL to get Sailor Moon and give that the UK release it deserves.

We won't, Kaze will get it and shit it out probably with the US Viz masters, but I'd buy a hypothetical AL Release of SM.

sao was awesome

e7 was not

SAO was a story about how a mass murderer got treated as a good guy by giving admin rights to a gamer kid to save his girlfriend.

Eureka Seven was a story about the transcendence of love and how love can decide the fate of a planet and how humans will evolve.

It speaks for itself on which show is the awesome one.

Cornbread78

Ep 26 or so was also supposed to be awesome yet left me completely cold. I suppose I just don't get this show.

Also I might have spoiled myself a bit on that ending.

Poor Nntendoman is going to have a seizure. ;p

Ouch, ep. 26 was an awesome episode, lol.,

tumblr_na2id82QAV1s5mgubo1_500.gif

but its not bait

i havent been banned in a while!

SAO is ok but I liked it as a trainwreck.

And to be honest I don't remember much about Eureka 7 besides Renton/Tren Reznor/Whatever being zoned for friends for the majority of the show and whining. I'm sure I remember there's a good show in there too, I just remember the bad since I watched it back in Toonami/adult swim.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Calvary 4
Surprisingly well done. They managed to knock out the park with the scenes in this episode, and there it is, they finally became a couple.

It doesn't matter that they're together, they're going to just do nothing couple-like the rest of the series despite living in the same room and repeatedly getting naked for each other for no actual sane-person reason. I don't know, I just feel like even by anime logic it would be stretching it for them to not get together given we had an actual scene in this where MC is taking a bath, and Stella decides to walk in wearing almost nothing, rubs her titties all over him and asks "do you like tits?"

But we'll probably hit the last episode and they'll be like, "do you think we can finally kiss?!" And it probably won't manage to stop MC from accumulating a harem.

Also, the weird colored lighting for no apparent reason all the time bothers me.

Cornbread78

Full Metal Panic ep1-3
OK, I got this. Not that bad of a start, but it's about to get interesting going into ep.4. I guess that's when the story really starts moving forward as reveals come to light.

I'm ... hmmmm in the process of healing the damage that was inflicted upon me by that show. And thinking about whether I've it in me to withstand more of that.

Oh that's...that's okay...I suppose. It's not like I want you to involuntarily incinerate due annoyance or anything...

Firemind

SAO was a story about how a mass murderer got treated as a good guy by giving admin rights to a gamer kid to save his girlfriend.

Eureka Seven was a story about the transcendence of love and how love can decide the fate of a planet and how humans will evolve.

It speaks for itself on which show is the awesome one.
But SAO is the greatest love story ever told in fiction.

Qurupeke

I'll always remember SAO for skipping almost every battle. No, almost every scene. Its pace was crazy bad.

But maybe this was the least of its problems...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think its funny if I read the name or mention the series title outloud, I usualloy pronounce it "Eureka Seven" the way it would be read in English, but in the actual anime her name sounded like a moonspeak version of "Erica."

JulianImp

I kind of went ahead and finished Blast of Tempest, and I'd say it was a decent-to-good show overall. The Let's Watch format has been a really nice way to get me to watch relatively unknown anime series at an affordable pace.

SAO broke Toonami GAF in half because of Suguha.

It's too bad the dub is excellent.

Am I making things up or were Suguha and Kirito not actually related or some weird thing along those lines? Meanwhile, Klein's waifu turned out to be freaking Thor in disguise.

That reminds me that I don't like it when shows end up shipping the MC's friend with the one girl who doesn't actually have a crush on the MC. I know it's probably too much to ask for copy-pasted harem series, but it'd be kind of interesting to see one where a girl who was originally into the MC gives up on him and goes to his friend, and how that development could possibly take a big toll on the MC's ego.

... Then again that'd be a deconstruction of some of the genre's tropes, while harem series as a whole love indulging in tropes they keep playing completely straight, whether they're geared towards generic slapstick (Nisekoi...) or all-out lewdness (oh god, TLR...).

The one thing I can't take is how harem shows have but a single relevant plot element (the question of who the MC will end up with), so all but the beginning and ending episodes often end up being little more than filler. Again, my daydreaming self would love to see a harem show where the MC ends up choosing a girl soon and the rest of the show focuses on how the casts' relationships change as a result.

Cornbread78

I now have a new target.

TUSR
I believe Renton is KiritoGod's Bit(h
(Today, 02:38 PM)

Full Metal Panic ep. 4-6
Well damn, this is some pretty damn good stuff here. Not over done on the mecha stuff, but a good bit of action and drama mixed in, and the characters are all pretty good so far. I'm hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom