• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Is Onii-sama Mahouka guy? I've never seen it but it sounds like that would be it lol

I've forgotten about the show's name, but I guess that might be the case. It's that school that uses a mix of magic and technology, and onii-sama's just the strongest, sexiest, amazingest guy in the planet, to the point that even his little sister wants to get it on with him... and I saw all that in just three episodes of that crap.

MAL definitely needs to implement a unique Onii-sama rating tier just for that show.

John Blade

Emma: A Victorian Romance ep. 1-3
The tone of this anime is really hard to describe so far. It melow in toneand really slowly paced, with some good music in the background. With that being said, something feels weird about it, almost out of place. Maybe that is the pacign of teh first three episodes and the events so far. I mean, Hakim from India coming from India on elephants and falling for the same girl? C'Mon something is off here since he already has a harem of his own. You can definately see where there will be issues down the road because of the classic Caste system between societies. This should be interesting...

Before I help you understand the show, I will say thank you to give this show a chance as not many people watch this show or even give a chance to watch it. I do hope you stick with season 2 as the pacing is much more faster than season 1. Think of season 1 as the building block of developed the setting and background which explain why the pacing of the show is a bit on the slow side but stick with it as around 3 quarter of the show where the story start to pick up.

Stealth Edit: Also, Emma A Victorian Romance don`t use much anime tropes that you see in most anime romance so, try to keep an open mind when watching the show

Now, for Hakim and how odd the show start with someone have a love interest with Emma against William. This is also start in the manga so, I guess the reason they have this is to push a vedge between Emma and William friendship to see if William will stand up and maybe try to push this friendship even further. Also, this incident will go into detail in Episode 4 and you will see the result from it.

Hope the next 3 episodes will be interesting to you as they will be more character development and an incident which set the stage of what will foreshadow in the show.

victorian_romance_emma_sticker_by_studiokawaii.jpg

Before I help you understand the show, I will say thank you to give this show a chance as not many people watch this show or even give a chance to watch it. I do hope you stick with season 2 as the pacing is much more faster than season 1. Think of season 1 as the building block of developed the setting and background which explain why the pacing of the show is a bit on the slow side but stick with it as around 3 quarter of the show where the story start to pick up.
I actually ended up liking the first season a lot more than the 2nd. I actually think the faster pacing works against it in the 2nd half of season 2 which is probably my least favorite part of the show.
Also, Emma A Victorian Romance don`t use much anime tropes that you see in most anime romance so, try to keep an open mind when watching the show
Well for most of it, the ending is mostly your standard genre fare.

Haikyuu 11-13

The "Battle at the Garbage Dump" between the cats and the ravens. I had a pretty good laugh when the team members met each other, they pretty much had the exact same personalities and got along well. Until they set foot on the court of course. Seeing Hinata find his first rival that actually made him have to work in different ways was pretty cool, we saw him grow as a player. He just kept wanting to beat them but ultimately, they got defeated big time. This was all practice but it showed that they still have a lot of work ahead of them.

John Blade

I actually ended up liking the first season a lot more than the 2nd. I actually think the faster pacing works against it in the 2nd half of season 2 which is probably my least favorite part of the show.

I notice the speed up in the later half of season 2. Not really a deal killer but it does feel like the team who make the anime want to finish the show quickly which explain the speed up feel near the end of the show. Still, both season have both strength and weakness and I do like both season but a bit more in season 1 as I like slow pacing show and more character development feel.

Well for most of it, the ending is mostly your standard genre fare.
Well...that is expected in most romance genre unless you want the alternative ending for this show which might not be as bad but kinda feel sad if they do the alternative or it end the show too quickly.

Haikyuu 11-13

The "Battle at the Garbage Dump" between the cats and the ravens. I had a pretty good laugh when the team members met each other, they pretty much had the exact same personalities and got along well. Until they set foot on the court of course. Seeing Hinata find his first rival that actually made him have to work in different ways was pretty cool, we saw him grow as a player. He just kept wanting to beat them but ultimately, they got defeated big time. This was all practice but it showed that they still have a lot of work ahead of them.

CROWS not RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!! KARASUNO ARE CROWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Full Metal Panic ep. 4-6
Well damn, this is some pretty damn good stuff here. Not over done on the mecha stuff, but a good bit of action and drama mixed in, and the characters are all pretty good so far. I'm hooked.

Always a nice sight to see more and more people get into Full Metal Panic. Are you watching the dub by any chance, Cornbread?

You have to pick a side though. Are you #TeamChidori or #TeamTessa?

Don't make me choose...!

I've come to realize that the worst part about backlogging a show is getting to a certain moment/episode and going "Holy SHIT I have to talk to someone about this right now" then realizing everyone talked about it 5 years ago. That was me with episode 15 of Monogatari Second Season (Nadeko Medusa finale) episode 9 of Evangelion (Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!) every other episode of Code Geass R2 and especially the finales of both and that one episode of Yamato 2199 were they ram the blockade. It sucks. It's why I prefer watching a show as it airs. I end up going through old forum posts to see what people thought about it because I really like reading others opinions on stuff.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I've come to realize that the worst part about backlogging a show is getting to a certain moment/episode and going "Holy SHIT I have to talk to someone about this right now" then realizing everyone talked about it 5 years ago. That was me with episode 15 of Monogatari Second Season (Nadeko Medusa finale) episode 9 of Evangelion (Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!) every other episode of Code Geass R2 and especially the finales of both and that one episode of Yamato 2199 were they ram the blockade. It sucks. It's why I prefer watching a show as it airs. I end up going through old forum posts to see what people thought about it because I really like reading others opinions on stuff.

Or you can talk to GAF about it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is why you spend all your time watching anime.

Jintor

yeah but also i hate waiting week by week for content and watching stuff in a big rush is usually more satisfying to me. I get it though, I was trawling for Shirobako and Hyouka posts for a bit there before i realised I don't actually care what other people think that much as I do want to see what I missed

Quasar

Yeah. That's why I prefer to watch all my shows (not just anime) like that. I really enjoy the current discussion and speculation between episodes. Probably why I hardly even buy TV shows or even watch older shows I've not seen on netflix or whatever.

javac

I have nobody to talk to about the shows I watch which is why when somebody does turn up eager to talk about the shows I watch I freak out and get super excited :( Born in the wrong decade!

JulianImp

If there's anyone to talk to. Most of the impressions people post of old shows here get no responses.

Yeah, sadly that's the case. It's quite rare for someone to post episode impressions and get any kind of reply, and even rarer for that post to actually spawn a conversation that lasts more than one or two posts. Unless it's currently airing (or maybe an older season from a current show), chances are nobody will comment on episode reviews. Maybe if it's a thorough show review like those some posters write every now and then.

And that's yet another reason why I like our Let's Watches, since they recreate the feeling of watching, theorizing and and talking about a show with a bunch of other people, rather than dropping reviews in here and hope that someone who has watched the show and remembers it well enough actually replies.

Cornbread78

Full Metal Panic ep.7-9
Well, that was a pretty cool conclusion to that arc. The new mech technology is some serious shit and you can see where she will play an important role later. Speaking of, I know I am an old gaming nerd when all I can think of when they talk about the Llamda drive is Xenosaga, lol. That final scene with boss coming out in a towel was hilarious.

Cornbread78

Yeah, sadly that's the case. It's quite rare for someone to post episode impressions and get any kind of reply, and even rarer for that post to actually spawn a conversation that lasts more than one or two posts. Unless it's currently airing (or maybe an older season from a current show), chances are nobody will comment on episode reviews. Maybe if it's a thorough show review like those some posters write every now and then.

And that's yet another reason why I like our Let's Watches, since they recreate the feeling of watching, theorizing and and talking about a show with a bunch of other people, rather than dropping reviews in here and hope that someone who has watched the show and remembers it well enough actually rep lies.

I sadly missed Code Geass when it was first airing...

...but I remember the shipping wars of that show. Oh do I.

Code Geass "Let's Watch" next month? Lol.

Btw, Ai kinda understand the point since I watched 36 episodes of Honey and Clover with a review post after every three episodes and I don't think I got a single response from any of them, lol. Doesn't bother me though, since not everyone has seen my shitty anime.

Phatmac

Watch FMP:TSR for the first time and I'm impressed by the animation overall. It looks surprisingly modern yet classic. Holds up well.

Baalzebup

Code Geass "Let's Watch" next month? Lol.

I have to admit, following a bunch of un-initiated people on a Lets watch of Code Geass would be a form of a drug unto its own.

Watch FMP:TSR for the first time and I'm impressed by the animation overall. It looks surprisingly modern yet classic. Holds up well.

Ya, TSR has some really good animation to it. Some of the combat scenes are really good by any standard.

John Blade

I have nobody to talk to about the shows I watch which is why when somebody does turn up eager to talk about the shows I watch I freak out and get super excited :( Born in the wrong decade!

I guess this is how it will be as most of Animegaf are mostly going to watch recent or semi recent show of anime right now. People like you who watch older anime aren`t as common or have already watch them in the past. They`re days where a separate thread for retro animegaf can come in and discuss a bit but it won`t be as big like this and most likely die before it can grow here.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i appreciate the well-written posts about old shows but generally i have nothing constructive to add as they are often shows i myself have not seen

i appreciate the well-written posts about old shows but generally i have nothing constructive to add as they are often shows i myself have not seen

Yeah, I am kind of the same way. I will read every post for an old show I can unless I plan to watch it later and want to avoid spoilers. Most of the time I will have nothing to add, unless the show intrigued me (and then it goes onto the backlog) or if I had watched it before and have something to say. Neither of those happen very often.

The groupwatch is a really great way to attempt to recreate the zeitgeist of things that happened before though.

ibyea

Banned

Yeah it's just fun getting other people's reaction and talking about your own.

Jintor

the thing with the groupwatch is i hate schedules so why would i willingly submit myself to one

orz

i'll just keep marathoning random things that pique my interest

Cornbread78

So I guess Code Geass I out of contention, lol? Up for debate maybe. I haven'tseen it yet, lol.

I think Kids on the Slope was winning last time I checked, so that should be the next Let's Watch starting next Tues. night. This gives the weekend to finish up Blast of Tempest, which has been pretty damn good so far.

1) Kids in the Slopen
2) Kyousougiga
3) Mirai Nikki

Unless there is a good one out there to watch through the holiday season instead of Mirai Nikki.

Crocodile

I think I was posting on AnimeSuki (meh) when Code Geass was airing live. It was ....... a special time <3

So since David Productions aren't skipping Part 4 of JoJo and just heading for Part 5 it seems like they're in this for the long run.

Thank god they aren't going to skip Part 4 because it's one of the best Parts and has the best Villain in the entire series. Yeah he's much better than Dio. Still I honestly don't understand how Part 5 is the second most popular Part in Japan. It's pretty mediocre in my opinion.

Why in the world would they skip Part IV? Was their some weird but credible rumor I didn't hear? I mean I know, from what other people have said, Part V is super popular in Japan but skipping a part would cause a shitstorm I'd assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom