• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Why in the world would they skip Part IV? Was their some weird but credible rumor I didn't hear? I mean I know, from what other people have said, Part V is super popular in Japan but skipping a part would cause a shitstorm I'd assume.

there wasn't a teaser at the end of part 3

Cornbread78

Before I help you understand the show, I will say thank you to give this show a chance as not many people watch this show or even give a chance to watch it. I do hope you stick with season 2 as the pacing is much more faster than season 1. Think of season 1 as the building block of developed the setting and background which explain why the pacing of the show is a bit on the slow side but stick with it as around 3 quarter of the show where the story start to pick up.

Stealth Edit: Also, Emma A Victorian Romance don`t use much anime tropes that you see in most anime romance so, try to keep an open mind when watching the show

Now, for Hakim and how odd the show start with someone have a love interest with Emma against William. This is also start in the manga so, I guess the reason they have this is to push a vedge between Emma and William friendship to see if William will stand up and maybe try to push this friendship even further. Also, this incident will go into detail in Episode 4 and you will see the result from it.

Hope the next 3 episodes will be interesting to you as they will be more character development and an incident which set the stage of what will foreshadow in the show.

Lol, I told you I would get to it. I will definitely stick with it to the end unless it really gets boring to the point of falling asleep, lol. I don't think that will be an issue though. I'm actually interested to see how the story plays out because you can already see the social and family pressure that he will face, especially with his old man and that young girl he danced with at the ball.

John Blade

Lol, I told you I would get to it. I will definitely stick with it to the end unless it really gets boring to the point of falling asleep, lol. I don't think that will be an issue though. I'm actually interested to see how the story plays out because you can already see the social and family pressure that he will face, especially with his old man and that young girl he danced with at the ball.

I won`t spoil too much but the social difference with the commoner and wealthy is the big topic issue in this show and will get William in certain trouble because of it. If you do finish it, we can discuss a bit more into detail as they is quite a few stuff we can discuss. Also, if you like the show, do look into the Manga as I heard it goes into detail after the show end but as I am slowly reading it, I can`t say 100% as of now. Would look into the manga if you`re still interested in the show.

Cornbread78

BTW, KenjiGlove made a good point in the Let's Watch thread. Does anyone know of a good Holloween themed anime movie that is available for streaming that we could all watch this weekend?

Narag

BTW, KenjiGlove made a good point in the Let's Watch thread. Does anyone know of a good Holloween themed anime movie that is available for streaming that we could all watch this weekend?

If you're after just a weekend horror watch, check out Yamishibai.

I think I was posting on AnimeSuki (meh) when Code Geass was airing live. It was ....... a special time <3

Why in the world would they skip Part IV? Was their some weird but credible rumor I didn't hear? I mean I know, from what other people have said, Part V is super popular in Japan but skipping a part would cause a shitstorm I'd assume.

They could of thought Part 4 wouldn't have sold as well plus Part 4 is really long so adapting all of it would take a good amount of time to adapt. So in their minds it would of not been worth it because less profit.

Plus Part 5 is the second most popular Part of the whole series so skipping Part 4 wouldn't seem weird.

javac

Still haven't decided on what to watch yet, just not feeling it. So much and yet no appetite for any of it at the moment. Not watched any anime in a month. Maybe its a good thing. I think the best thing to do is shove all of my crap into a random generator and spin away since I'm finding it hard to pick and commit. Maybe I'll do that...

It comes up in MAL as a 13 episode series though. Is there a movie version for just the weekend?

It says around 4 min per episode.

Joe Molotov

Yuru Yuri 4

Yui has a bad habit of buying doomed systems.

5WJFvBu.jpg

Is that a 3D0 in the top left??

Haikyuu 02-10

Yeah this show is really good. The team dynamic here is great and the show has a lot of fun little humor and visual moments that make it really a pleasure to watch. My favorite dynamic is probably Hinata and Tanaka, they bounce off each other really well.

Why's Tsukki gotta be such an ass though?

Haikyuu 02-10

Yeah this show is really good. The team dynamic here is great and the show has a lot of fun little humor and visual moments that make it really a pleasure to watch. My favorite dynamic is probably Hinata and Tanaka, they bounce off each other really well.

What do you mean? Tsuki's really cool. He and Hinata are my favorite Middle Blockers in the series. They get along perfectly.

Line_HTX

So I guess Code Geass I out of contention, lol? Up for debate maybe. I haven'tseen it yet, lol.

I think Kids on the Slope was winning last time I checked, so that should be the next Let's Watch starting next Tues. night. This gives the weekend to finish up Blast of Tempest, which has been pretty damn good so far.

1) Kids in the Slopen
2) Kyousougiga
3) Mirai Nikki

Unless there is a good one out there to watch through the holiday season instead of Mirai Nikki.

You haven't? Oh man...

Puruzi

Banned
Haikyuu 02-10

that's just his character

Moaradin

Haikyuu 02-10

You might warm up to him. He gives people a lot of shit but I don't think he's an asshole.

Russ T

Banned
Oh man this week's Osomatsu-san was fuckin' great. Way better than last week's, and also better than the week prior, although not as much.

So, three hits and one miss. Show is good. Thumbs up!

Russ T

Banned
So I guess Code Geass I out of contention, lol? Up for debate maybe. I haven'tseen it yet, lol.

I think Kids on the Slope was winning last time I checked, so that should be the next Let's Watch starting next Tues. night. This gives the weekend to finish up Blast of Tempest, which has been pretty damn good so far.

1) Kids in the Slopen
2) Kyousougiga
3) Mirai Nikki

Unless there is a good one out there to watch through the holiday season instead of Mirai Nikki.

Man.

i don't like Kids on the Slope. It's not bad, by any stretch, but it's got some real annoying shit that really brings it down for me. (I'm also surprised it's unknown enough to qualify for a let's watch? I thought like everyone knew about it already.)

I liked Kyousougiga, but I'm uninterested in rewatching it. Might, though, it's short enough. But probably not.

Never even heard of Mirai Nikki. EDIT: Oof, a cute girl murdering people? What will they think of next!

Dang. All the LWs I haven't participated in were series I loved and would've really enjoyed being able to watch for the first time with other people! I guess at least Blast of Tempest has turned out pretty good. Despite its incredibly rough start.

Cornbread78

Man.

i don't like Kids on the Slope. It's not bad, by any stretch, but it's got some real annoying shit that really brings it down for me. (I'm also surprised it's unknown enough to qualify for a let's watch? I thought like everyone knew about it already.)

I liked Kyousougiga, but I'm uninterested in rewatching it. Might, though, it's short enough. But probably not.

Never even heard of Mirai Nikki. EDIT: Oof, a cute girl murdering people? What will they think of next!

Dang. All the LWs I haven't participated in were series I loved and would've really enjoyed being able to watch for the first time with other people! I guess at least Blast of Tempest has turned out pretty good. Despite its incredibly rough start.

Keep an eye out for other ideas. Still open for new recs for sure. I need to sleep now.

Haikyuu 16

Last episode for the day, I'm too tired. Man I really liked this episode because it served as a nice reminder that there are other teams out there playing and while one side wins, the other loses. Seeing the compilation of the sadness felt by the ones that lost showed just how much is stake for those who are in it to win. On a brighter note, we now move on to the next match and our team is still in the game.

I can't recommend Kyosougiga enough [even though I forgot its name once]

Kids on the Slope is ok but it stays afloat for me solely on the music and the musical scenes. The friendship of the two male leads is great too.

I don't know if it's let's watch worthy though.

Russ T

Banned
I can't recommend Kyosougiga enough [even though I forgot its name once]

Kids on the Slope is ok but it stays afloat for me solely on the music and the musical scenes. The friendship of the two male leads is great too.

I don't know if it's let's watch worthy though.

Yeah the music and friendship is great.

The uh... everything else is ehhh.

Anyway I don't really wanna recommend things 'cause I wanna watch new stuff. I'm just whining. )': I'll look at my nerd spreadsheet at some point and maybe produce a list of recommendations.

Russ T

Banned
Yeah Seven Deadly Sins is good. Anime is a good adaptation of the manga.

Buuuut it's also one of those "go read the manga for more story, pleb" deals.

Vita game no doubt.

There was a 3DS game for it this year, a VN at that and I don't think they made a big fuss about it. So this could be something else... But yeah if it was a Vita game, it could be the perfect excuse to go back to the workshop and make a great Cooking Momma style game rather than just a regular VN.

Owarimonogatari 04

The rivalry between Hanekawa and Ougi is fierce. Definitely interested in seeing what goes down next.

(hi animegaf I'm gonna try posting here)

Code Geass 22 is still the most stunned I've ever been after watching an episode of anime.

How can something be so idiotic and wrong and yet so right at the same time?

For me it's probably the finale of S1 and then the first episode of S2. I think my mouth was stuck open for those 30 or so minutes.

I already feel like I'm due for a Geass rewatch.

Squishy3

i haven't watched code geass since it came out, so i'm going to have to rewatch it at some point. i've forgotten like all the little story details too, only the large story beats remain

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
i haven't watched code geass since it came out, so i'm going to have to rewatch it at some point. i've forgotten like all the little story details too, only the large story beats remain

I'm watching an abridged series and it reminded me of all the dumb things that were going on.

Man the end to S1 was the worst.

Well, this place sure got lively. I guess it couldn't be helped~

Code Geass is great guys~

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 2wei Herz!

They didn't have enough manga material to fill up 10 episodes. So the first 5 episodes of the season are mostly original material but all filler. I mean, it's funny and they seemed to enjoy coming up with new outfits for everyone but then it got kinda old by episode 5.

Then episode 6 happens and serves as a bridge back into manga material. Meh, okay. At least the filler was mostly manga material.

And then episodes 7-10 happen and I remembered why ufotable actually aren't the studio who have done the best adaptations of Type-Moon works and that Fate/zero, Kara no Kyoukai, and F/SN UBW TV actually aren't the best animated adaptations of Type-Moon works. That honor is claimed by Silver Link and by the three (so far) Prisma&#9734;Illya series. Silver Link did ufotable so dirty it's not even funny, I doubt the budget given to the Prisma&#9734;Illya series is even a fraction of what F/Z, UBW TV, and KnK got but holy shit do they get their money's worth out of Silver Link.

If for some reason you were still disappointed by the fight scenes in F/SN UBW TV, even after that final episode where Rin and Luvia have a nice little workout together, then here you go. Episodes 7-10 of this season are pretty much a continuous fight scene and they didn't pretend they were ufotable either, they were like fuck those guys who the fuck are those guys anyways here's a bunch of shit and it's awesome. Yeah.

Imma go catch up on the 3rei! manga or something because that one's coming in 2016.

fertygo

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 2wei Herz!

They didn't have enough manga material to fill up 10 episodes. So the first 5 episodes of the season are mostly original material but all filler. I mean, it's funny and they seemed to enjoy coming up with new outfits for everyone but then it got kinda old by episode 5.

Then episode 6 happens and serves as a bridge back into manga material. Meh, okay. At least the filler was mostly manga material.

And then episodes 7-10 happen and I remembered why ufotable actually aren't the studio who have done the best adaptations of Type-Moon works and that Fate/zero, Kara no Kyoukai, and F/SN UBW TV actually aren't the best animated adaptations of Type-Moon works. That honor is claimed by Silver Link and by the three (so far) Prisma&#9734;Illya series. Silver Link did ufotable so dirty it's not even funny, I doubt the budget given to the Prisma&#9734;Illya series is even a fraction of what F/Z, UBW TV, and KnK got but holy shit do they get their money's worth out of Silver Link.
I thought production value is really disappoint after first 2 season, not impressed by any of fight this season.. too much CG and beam and flashes over amazing acrobat like first 2 season.. Nah its didn't touch some of best stuff at UBW TV.

I'll wait for gif/webm from S4 before watching, mediocre sakuga ain't worth it for keeping up with the pedos joke.

pbayne

Princess TuTu 1

Well, that was different. I know nothing at all about ballet but it was still pretty interesting. Getting some Utena like vibes of "these people are probably really fucked up".

Why's Geass getting so much attention atm? eg The Vince Russo of anime.

I thought production value is really disappoint after first 2 season, not impressed by any of fight this season.. too much CG and beam and flashes over amazing acrobat like first 2 season.. Nah its didn't touch some of best stuff at UBW TV.

I'll wait for gif/webm from S4 before watching, mediocre sakuga ain't worth it for keeping up with the pedos joke.

Meh, I think I got like 7? 8? chapters into 3rei! awhile back but I seem to recall it's a pretty big change in tone and scope from the previous mangas. It's really something I'm looking forward to actually, 2016 can't come soon enough.

The fight in episode 5 of the very first series was still the best one though, I'll give you that. But they did 4 full episodes of almost continuous fighting this season, that's like more than the previous 2 seasons combined, if it required some more CG in the backgrounds then so be it. Also I seem to recall heavy use of CG in UBW TV as well.

I thought they did a really good job with the fights considering the sheer volume of animation required for them. There's less acrobatics because Kuro doesn't have as much to do I guess.

fertygo

Meh, I think I got like 7? 8? chapters into 3rei! awhile back but I seem to recall it's a pretty big change in tone and scope from the previous mangas. It's really something I'm looking forward to actually, 2016 can't come soon enough.

The fight in episode 5 of the very first series was still the best one though, I'll give you that. But they did 4 full episodes of almost continuous fighting this season, that's like more than the previous 2 seasons combined, if it required some more CG in the backgrounds then so be it. Also I seem to recall heavy use of CG in UBW TV as well.

UBW TV does use a lot of CG I Guess, but FFX last boss battle made last 2 eps fight is quite a bore, static giant thing always lame compared to mobile human character fight like the franchise always prioritize..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom