• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

It's been a good while since I've watched an anime, but today I had the urge to watch a good series from beginning to end. I've grown bored of playing Destiny, and I've got a week break from school and need something to keep my mind occupied.

I remember a couple years ago everybody here was raving about Fate Zero back when it aired. It was really hype I think, don't really remember exactly and didn't care at the time because although I really loved the concept I never was a big fan of the Fate series (Shirou is as much a Gary Stu as Kirito). I trust you folks though, so dis better b gud

Fate Zero S1 - 01

Kariya my man, I like your attitude. But you are so not winning this shit, the main guy's plot armor is gonna be way 2strong4u. Saber vs whatever weak shit you got. Why do the cool guys never win?

WHAT THE FUCK SAKURA HAD TO THROUGH THAT SHIT AS A CHILD?!

Why the bloody bug rape anyway? If the plan is to get a successor that's going to kill it in the next holy grail war, why not just engage Sakura to someone inside the family? Why does she have to go through that hell as a child? I have a new found respect for Sakura as I remember her being a boring ass character in FSN...

Not bad for a first episode, although the side characters don't seem terribly interesting.

Edit:

Fate Zero S1 - 02

Iskander - cool ass servant. Hope he goes far in the war.

Gilgamesh - Mother of god. Him killing Kirei's minion (didn't seem like that was his servant) was fucking epic. All praise the mighty gil. It took excalibur and Shirou visualizing the invincible scabbard in order to beat him in FSN, who in the name of hell could possibly take him on in Zero?!!!?

Saber - zzzzzzzzzZZZZ. Nobody cares, go back to hall of heroes or wherever plz.

The kid getting killed was a horrible scene. Dear god.

CSTyhT6UkAA3tdb.jpg

Might be a fake? Can't tell yet.

Noirulus

Fate Zero S1 - 03

Seems that Lancer vs Saber is gonna kick things off. It wasn't mentioned yet but I think Lancer is Kariya's servant? Man I want Kariya to win but there's no chance in hell. Also, really hope he doesn't turn evil because of the worm shit.

Hmmm, I think it's probably fake. That tweet from the official manga account doesn't exist from what I can see.

Oh well, it will inevitably happen sometime. Prob when there is enough for 4 cours, split 2-2. That's what I expected anyway, who knows what they will do.

Edit: Also possible someone screwed up, put it up early, quickly deleted the tweet. In any case, there has been plenty of signs it is happening sometime soon.

Jintor

One Punch Man 04

Animation quality finally dropped noticeably, but still leagues better than most, very cunning use of stills and lower quality stuff all around. Pacing also seemed noticably weird this episode, but it's alright. Sonic's facial expressions were really hilarious, while Saitama's straight man schtick this episode was pretty funny.

Mailbox

Dick Punch Man 1-4

So, from what i understand, this anime actually doesn't have a higher budget. Just good animators who are into this project.

I think these people needs to be given a hand (and more money). This is good. Damn good.

Moaradin

MHA hasn't hit it's peak yet, but it's a very high quality series and just gets better and better. The pacing is fantastic too, so hopefully the anime doesn't fuck that up.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
There is a Shokugeki no Soma anime event on the 28th of February being hosted by the VA's.

Whatever could this mean?

Probably 2nd season announcement

Owarimonogatari 04

The rivalry between Hanekawa and Ougi is fierce. Definitely interested in seeing what goes down next.

(hi animegaf I'm gonna try posting here)

Hi :)

Owarimonogatari 4

Hanekawa oppai save the day once again. Ougi is mysterious creepy cute oddity (at this point, he/she is probably Araragi oddity, the reason why Hanekawa completely immune to Ougi is probably because she still have her oddity or that she is the type that cannot be influenced by outside influence)

Phatmac

Sad I fell asleep early last night during the Haikyuu discussion but Im glad more people are talking about it. Also, Seven Deadly Sins is surprisingly good. I'm pumped about the new season for it.

Defuser

You know it's set in Japan right? The only XBone sold there was the one used as a reference for that picture.

I'm saying that the first 5 system were at least sold better in Japan(except maybe 3D0) but the xbone sold so badly it's irrelevant/non existent.

Dick Punch Man 1-4

So, from what i understand, this anime actually doesn't have a higher budget. Just good animators who are into this project.

I think these people needs to be given a hand (and more money). This is good. Damn good.

Hopefully the Kubota tweet will get people to start recognizing that while more money may allow you to hire more animators, it won't necessarily buy you better animators. The Attack on Titan anime had gobs of people working on each episode to get them out on time, which must have cost a fair bit, but as everyone knows that didn't lead to better results. One Punch Man's animation is not because Madhouse or Shueisha are throwing money at the project, but because Shingo Natsume has a lot of animator connections and called them all in for this. The main contributing factors to the animation quality of a production are talent and time, not money.

Would Blue Exorcist or 11 Eyes work for a Let's Watch?

I'm going to do a final vote today and need to throw in a wild card.

Oh man, 11 Eyes. Back before I did research into anime, I watched that show just because it was the first one in the alphabetical listing of Crunchyroll's shows. It turned out to be one of the worst anime I've ever seen. Incredibly shoddy. Please don't inflict it on innocent bystanders.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Too late for a announcement. I guess the announcement will be this November/December (there is another event coming soon) so they can hype up season 2. The other event will surely be for more drama cds

Ah, too bad. Well, hoping the November/December event deliver

Go with Blue exorcist, 11 eyes is awfully boring.

Cornbread78

Full Metal Panic ep. 9-12
n9enQJk.gif

Well, so crazy mech action in these episodes. Why is Kaname such an idiot? I mean, swapping hostiges is going great, and then... Seriously. She needs a slap across the face. With that being said, as of right now, it's a no brainer: Teletha > Kaname. I mena, we even got an indirect confession, which is much more than the other two can say. I know, I know... We all know who he ends up with, but it was still funny. Anyhow, this has been pretty much non-stop action for the past 10 episodes or so, so I wonder when things will finally slow down. Really looking to finally get more infomration on the Llamda drive and how the the whole memory thing works for KAname and why she could hear the captains voice telling her what to do and where teh weakness was. Lots of mystery there still.

phaze

@Cornbread I'm fairly sure this is not a phrase you want to be using round these parts.

Non Non Biyori 02

I know this is said outright and used for comedic purposes but this age thing still bothers me. There's just no way Hotarou isn't older than the rest of those chibis.

Teekyu S1

Undoubtedly the best sports anime ever conceived and produced.

It's like getting severely drunk and watching FLCL on x5 fast forward.

Russ T

Banned
I still wonder how s2 will work and since the manga has years left wilk they ever even keep giving it seasons?

Yeah I'm also curious to see how it develops. Manga seems fairly popular, but also it's kinda weird to do a season of anime then take a long break then come back then break then etc. I know it's not the kind of thing that's never happened before, but... Seems like it's hard to know when it'll ever actually end.

CSLYsb-UkAAlRIm.png

I wish it could have gone with this art style, though at least fans all over have embraced it and modernized the concepts keeping it fresh and in line with what is good. Ill have to add it to my list of series to follow through fandom alone.

Russ T

Banned

I've got a free moment at work so here's a short semi-random list of some things I love that are 13 episodes or less:

Bartender
Tatami Galaxy
Detroit Metal City
Mononoke
Tsuritama
Flowers of Evil
Hi no Tori
Now and Then, Here and There

I think at least half of them are not available on CR (or similar), though, unfortunately... Also probably at least half of them are pretty well known. Or maybe I just think they should be.

Line_HTX

Hi :)

Owarimonogatari 4

Hanekawa oppai save the day once again. Ougi is mysterious creepy cute oddity (at this point, he/she is probably Araragi oddity, the reason why Hanekawa completely immune to Ougi is probably because she still have her oddity or that she is the type that cannot be influenced by outside influence)

And then the white cat comes out for Hanekawa.

Qurupeke

Owarimonogatari 4

Possible, but Ougi seems to fuck with other characters too. She was the one that manipulated Sengoku in becoming a goddess. This, indirectly, affects Araragi but it seems that her motive was actually to not make Shinobu a goddess. Also, if Ougi is indeed the Darkness that hunted Hachikuji, then Ougi appeared way before Araragi existed. Finally, we have the incident with Kanbaru, but it happens months after her first appearance, so there may be other, unknown factors in this case. She just appears to have be interested in Araragi, for some reason.

Cornbread78

@Cornbread I'm fairly sure this is not a phrase you want to be using round these parts.

Non Non Biyori 02

Good catch. TY.

I've got a free moment at work so here's a short semi-random list of some things I love that are 13 episodes or less:

Bartender
Tatami Galaxy
Detroit Metal City
Mononoke
Tsuritama
Flowers of Evil
Hi no Tori
Now and Then, Here and There

I think at least half of them are not available on CR (or similar), though, unfortunately... Also probably at least half of them are pretty well known. Or maybe I just think they should be.

Yeah, the problem with a lot of these is the streaming options are very limited.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 38

You know show, I already dislike Kanata. I don't need more reasons to hate him. Close is acting like a boy Nozomi. Props to Towa for not babbling her life off to people she doesn't know. Yui/Close date hah hah. Close's attempt at breaking her was lame. Dreams make you alone? Pafu and Aroma were kidnapped, and Yui and Towa were going to be gone for a few hours at most. Thankfully the true villain stepped in to ruin the day. I've said before that Haruka's dream is dumb, and I maintain that, but there's no reason to dump all dreams because of that. Kanata is an idiot, Haruka is getting too much attention, and I'm starting to see where this is going to go.

The Blue Exorcist dub did really elevate the material.

That said, Blue Exorcist is pretty generic for the most part, but it does have on big strength.

A likable cast of characters who all get flushed out in some regards.

Russ T

Banned
Bartender. Lovely feel. It's like we're having a long conversation of our life stories over a special drink.

Detroit Metal City. GO TO DMC! GO TO DMC! GO TO DMC! GO TO DMC!

>:O

Yeah both are great for completely different reasons.

Bartender, I found on Youtube, but its legality is suspect...

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!

I really liked the "filler episodes", they were obviously done with a lot of love and they were pretty amusing, after all the fun and games we got episodes 7-10 which were pretty damn glorious. I'm glad Ufotable didn't get this series because Illya might as well be my favorite part of the Fate franchise and I don't need them ruining it.

3rei! is going to be AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom