• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

I will forever remember Guillotine Gorilla, simply because he was a delayed double mindblow.
When he appeared completely out of left field I was like WTF is happening!? and convinced myself it had to be a dream, because absolutely no way this was real.
And I kept watching the episode, and another episode and it slowly dawned on me. No one was waking up. This was no dream. This was really happening. And my mind was blown again.

I experienced a somewhat similar situation, only that rather than my mind being blown I just facepalmed twice. The show had already gotten crazy enough with "Ey! *ding*" and the flamenco weaponized office supplies, so guilliotine gorilla just made me whince when it appeared as the cerberus syndrome's harbinger. Then, later on I also realized that the show had no intention of handwaving all the crappy sentai stuff with "it was all a dream", but again that didn't blow my mind, and rather reminded me that we were supposed to have to bear with every single sentai show cliché being played completely straight and enjoy it. Not being a sentai fan myself, saying that such a prospect just wasn't appealing to me would be an understatement.

Remember that time when they were at a school that kidnapped superpowered kids so they could get money from some goverment that was never mentioned before.

Or the time loop arc, they sure went to a lot of schools.

Or that army of gravediggers that did nothing.

You all make me want to finish it. I remember watching 5 or 6 episodes and then suddenly stopping for no reason like it usually happens with half the shows I watch while they air but I liked what I saw.
It really makes me curious what the hell happens during the remaining half.

Don't bother

JulianImp

Remember that time when they were at a school that kidnapped superpowered kids so they could get money from some goverment that was never mentioned before.

Or the time loop arc, they sure went to a lot of schools.

Or that army of gravediggers that did nothing.

Don't bother

Or the time they went to the city of the dead, were confronted with existentialist questions regarding life and (un)death, met up with the incarnation of a goddess of death, became pen pals with her and acquired THE BABY.

Or the time immortal badass Humpty Dumpty wished he could be reunited with his family before dying. Cue AI ASTIN DESU showing up, exposition aboud Humpty being her father, and him promptly dying two minutes later.

Or the time Julius Belmont said "I'll protect you" to Scar and got no objections.

Or the time AI ASTIN DESU got pushed out of a self-destructing time loop by a dead guy, and then we were treated to a shot of her in front of a grave... which panned into the guy being alive and well for some unexplained reason. And it was the end of the show.

Still, I'd rate it above Samumenco if only because the plot making no sense at all made it fun to discuss (read: diss) with others, while Samumenco was just going with the flow. I'd still say that the last couple episodes of the latter were somewhat worth it, though.

Edit:
What is that last one?

He means Kyousougiga. It's available on CR in case you want to look it up.

Cornbread78

What is that last one?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19703/Kyousou_Giga_(TV)

Emma: A Victorian Romance ep. 4-6:
Well, there it is. William's dad putting the smackdown to Emma indirectly with both William and her in the room. Plus, he is trying to plan a weddign with that young blond chick.... I knew it was going to come to this eventually. Now let's see how he responds to this since dispite his feeble attempts at pleading with his father, he appeared to be rather sackless in this situation.

pbayne

Mardock Scramble 1

Expected GiTs/Blade Runner. Got rape trials, all men are evil and some of the most bullshit sci-fi technology ever(Jesus its basically magic at points).

The subject matter did clash a lot with the sci-fi setting. The first 10 minutes are mega uncomfortable. The MC was different but I was so confused about how they developed her. Like she jumps from naive victim to unstoppable badass far too quickly, its really jarring.

Definitely an oddity but I'll watch the other 2.

Kille me Baby's Agiri's VA got busted for drug consume and stuff. And the Kill Me Baby BD Box is now in the top 30 on Amazon.

Her name was scrubbed from the cast list on the official anime site and the show was removed from Amazon Video; it's kind of shitty to try to pretend she never existed.

They knew

Of course; there's official merchandise based on the fake-out "ikemen" designs from the first episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBDictator.

:p
So the second B stands for Big.

Umm, yea, everyone will love it... really..
KhiwHft.gif

just look at those faces..
KXGz8b7.png

I'm talking about Zoo. Not the main series.

Jex

Mardock Scramble 1

Expected GiTs/Blade Runner. Got rape trials, all men are evil and some of the most bullshit sci-fi technology ever(Jesus its basically magic at points).

The subject matter did clash a lot with the sci-fi setting. The first 10 minutes are mega uncomfortable. The MC was different but I was so confused about how they developed her. Like she jumps from naive victim to unstoppable badass far too quickly, its really jarring.

Definitely an oddity but I'll watch the other 2.
Don't.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh hey, BGBW changed the OP, didn't notice that until now.
So it was finally noticed. Wondered how long it would take if I just did it and never mentioned it.

The lesson here of course is that one doesn't know what will be good before the season starts. Interesting to see how many shows I was criticised for not including in the original OP have ended up being panned.

No Perfect Insider?
Most people seemed quite down on it I thought.

John Blade

Emma: A Victorian Romance ep. 4-6:
Well, there it is. William's dad putting the smackdown to Emma indirectly with both William and her in the room. Plus, he is trying to plan a weddign with that young blond chick.... I knew it was going to come to this eventually. Now let's see how he responds to this since dispite his feeble attempts at pleading with his father, he appeared to be rather sackless in this situation.

You found out why he think that way later on the series. Kinda make sense of why he say that. Keep on watching.

javac

Perfect Blue is a phenomenal film, I've said it a million times before and I'll say it a million times again. Not afraid to push the boundaries and evoke reactions and conjure up emotions most films especially of the animated variety dare not go. Its not just a fantastic anime film, its a phenomenal film, end of. The type that would be critically lauded as a landmark in cinema, and for the most part its treated as such within the anime circle and for good reason.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
WUG Zoo is a good short show. Take like 3 minutes to watch the spooky episode for Halloween and educate yourself.

also has a good bgbw image pack.
A1dB1FX.png

Cornbread78

Heavy Object ep.2-3
Ok, well thise episodes were pretty cool to watch. The back and forth convo. between the two had good comic relief and the action, although completely over the top, was pretty well executed. Good stuff.

Crocodile

there wasn't a teaser at the end of part 3

My understanding is that Part II flowed into Part III in the manga that way which was not true of Part III into Part IV. I don't think that means anything. If it does, it might have to do with the fact we aren't sure yet if DP is returning for Part IV.

They could of thought Part 4 wouldn't have sold as well plus Part 4 is really long so adapting all of it would take a good amount of time to adapt. So in their minds it would of not been worth it because less profit.

Plus Part 5 is the second most popular Part of the whole series so skipping Part 4 wouldn't seem weird.

Wholesale skipping parts of highly popular and influential manga adaptations is not something that is common in the anime industry. There are a lot of people who are fans of Part IV - I don't understand how you've come to the conclusion there wouldn't be a maelstrom of blowback to pay if they skipped Part IV - especially after they went to the effort to adapt Parts 1 & 2 (that both sold VERY well) which are known as the least popular parts of the franchise.

Haikyuu!! S1 + S2 01-04

Caught up with this anime. This is really good. It is always a joy to watch the matches. The animation is so fluid and well done making the matches really intense.

The cast of characters have really good chemistry resulting in character development and humorous moments.

Overall, I prefer Yowamushi Pedal because is more hot-blooded and it has Midousuji. Haikyuu lacks dat evil and despicable character so far.

Moaradin

Haikyuu!! S1 + S2 01-04

Caught up with this anime. This is really good. It is always a joy to watch the matches. The animation is so fluid and well done making the matches really intense.

The cast of characters have really good chemistry resulting in character development and humorous moments.

Overall, I prefer Yowamushi Pedal because is more hot-blooded and it has Midousuji. Haikyuu lacks dat evil and despicable character so far.

That's one of my favorite things about it!

:|

I refuse to add a /s to that post. I mean maybe you take me for a bigger idiot than I'd hope but that sarcasm should be more than apparent.

Okay good. I really couldn't tell, lol

WUG Zoo is a good short show. Take like 3 minutes to watch the spooky episode for Halloween and educate yourself.

also has a good bgbw image pack.
A1dB1FX.png

One day I'll fall deep enough down the idol hole and get into BGBW territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom