• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
Yeah, these characters all suck...

XNGUkxK.gif

Yeah, they do

a gif of them fighting isn't changing that

Shouta

Really not sure how I feel about Macross Delta. The PV is a little better than the key visuals but man, it sounds like more Frontier junk. Oof.

Line_HTX

Shouta dislikes Sheryl confirmed.

>:O

Yes, I'll admit some episodes were a waste and they could've not spent time on lame things. I've yet to see the movies though...

Apologies if I'm LTTP on this, but I looked and couldn't find anything elsewhere...

What are the chances of Kekkai Sensen getting a second season at this point?

Ascheroth

Apologies if I'm LTTP on this, but I looked and couldn't find anything elsewhere...

What are the chances of Kekkai Sensen getting a second season at this point?

I'd say it's just a matter of time.
I think it sold better then Noragami, which is by the same studio as well and got a second season right now, and there should be enough material left.

Ascheroth

The Perfect Insider - 04

'Everything becomes F'... Title drop!
Another really interesting episode with some really creepy scenes. They certainly know how to do those.

Ahh yes, that's right, I forgot. Yoko Kanno or RIOT!

The Macross Delta composer hasn't been announced (a bad sign in itself), but Kanno was involved they'd be publicizing it now.

It's pretty generic trailer music, I don't think that's going to be indicative of the voiced compositions.

It's possible that the show will take a different tack, but the attention to the musical nature of a trailer is an indicator of how much the show proper will care about music. The trailers of Flowers of Evil, Fujiko Mine, and Noragami Aragato stand out in my mind as excellent uses of music which were reflected in the actual shows.

Cornbread78

OK, one more thing.

I need a final vote so I can start working on the next "Let's Watch" thread tomorrow and over the weekend:

- Mirai Nikki
- Kyousougigi
- Rozen Maiden

jgminto

I'll say it again, SAO was bad from the beginning. It has always been self indulgent, masturbatory gamer wish fulfillment with shallow characters whose two main traits are being worse at games than Kirito and having a boner for Kirito.
Yeah, these characters all suck...

XNGUkxK.gif
Tumblr gifs are the most quality form of character development after all.

phaze

OK, one more thing.

I need a final vote so I can start working on the next "Let's Watch" thread tomorrow and over the weekend:

- Mirai Nikki
- Kyousougiga
- Rozen Maiden

I feel like I should note that Mirai Nikki has quite a bit off stuff that is hmmm pretty out there in terms of violence and nudity. I'm not sure if this is really a show you want to show off to OT regardless of how great and hilarious a comedy it is.

OK, one more thing.

- Mirai Nikki
- Kyousougigi
- Rozen Maiden

If this is vanilla Rozen Maiden then it shouldn't be picked. But Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen works standalone and is far better than anything else on the list.

JulianImp

OK, one more thing.

- Mirai Nikki
- Kyousougigi
- Rozen Maiden

What are we supposed to be voting on? Us who haven't watched any of them would probably decide after little more than a quick look-up on each show, and the only people who already know the shows from having watched them might not end up watching with us anyway.

Having watched Kyousougiga EPs 0 and 1, both looked fairly interesting (and really crazy), but I can't say a thing about Mirai or Rozen since I don't know a thing about them. Judging from somebody else's post, Mirai Nikki being a comedy with violence and nudity might not be all that appealing for the general audience.

Ascheroth

Creepy? I dont know some of it just came as interesting to kind of a bit boring. I hate the past scenes the most it seems kind of a bit bad.

Yep, creepy. I'm mainly thinking about
the scenes with Magatas dead body, the time they opened the door to her rooms and the locked bedroom scene
The atmosphere during those scenes is great.

And I agree about the past scenes. I don't really hate them, but they are kinda awkward.

What are we supposed to be voting on? Us who haven't watched any of them would probably decide after little more than a quick look-up on each show, and the only people who already know the shows from having watched them might not end up watching with us anyway.

Having watched Kyousougiga EPs 0 and 1, both looked fairly interesting (and really crazy), but I can't say a thing about Mirai or Rozen since I don't know a thing about them. Judging from somebody else's post, Mirai Nikki being a comedy with violence and nudity might not be all that appealing for the general audience.

It should be pointed out that Mirai Nikki is not intentionally a comedy.

Rozen Maiden 2013 is great. It's got one of my favorite active directors, who is doing Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu next season, which deals with an ex-convict in mid-century Japan who becomes the apprentice of an elder rakugo performer, rakugo being a Japanese type of entertainment involving comedic storytelling. Everyone should keep that on their radars!

It should be pointed out that Mirai Nikki is not intentionally a comedy.

Rozen Maiden 2013 is great. It's got one of my favorite active directors, who is doing Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu next season, which deals with an ex-convict in mid-century Japan who becomes the apprentice of an elder rakugo performer, rakugo being a Japanese type of entertainment involving comedic storytelling. Everyone should keep that on their radars!

It's definitely on my radar based on the pedigree (although I still need to get around to finishing up Rozen Maiden).

Russ T

Banned

Okay this actually made me at least interested in Rozen Maiden, because that other things sounds interesting and I want to see that.

But, uh, 2013. That implies multiple versions. Which one's up for vote?! CORNBREAD!!

Cornbread78

Okay this actually made me at least interested in Rozen Maiden, because that other things sounds interesting and I want to see that.

But, uh, 2013. That implies multiple versions. Which one's up for vote?! CORNBREAD!!

Which ever one is better I'm game with, it's up to you guys, not me, lol. As long as it's on Crunchyroll / Funimation

So, on top of the really stellar animation in Pokemon X and Y, Ash is so competent in it. It's weird to think that this arc follows BW Ash...who was kind of an idiot.

10b.gif

1c8.gif

pbayne

Escafllowne 1

Next mech fix after Big O. Im drooling over the mech designs already. If you give a robot a cape it just automatically looks better. Also, there was this weird 2D/3D dragon which shockingly looked better than most 3D in anime of today. Good start.

Princess Jellyfish 5-6

One of the weirdest love triangles ever: uptight businessman(30 year old virgin), his cross dressing brother and a jellyfish otaku. Needless to say this show is brillant. The honeytrap office lady steals every scene shes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom