• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1446097541387gir78.jpg

No info about studio/staff.

Okay this actually made me at least interested in Rozen Maiden, because that other things sounds interesting and I want to see that.

But, uh, 2013. That implies multiple versions. Which one's up for vote?! CORNBREAD!!

Yes, you have the adaptations of the first Rozen Maiden manga, which aired from 2004 to 2006 and were handled by Kou Matsuo at Nomad. I have not watched them but they don't have a great reputation. Then you have the adaptation of the second Rozen Maiden manga, which aired in 2013 and was handled by Mamoru Hatakeyama at DEEN. It still suffers somewhat from flaws of the source material, but is overall a stellar experience. I have an analysis of the Rozen Maiden 2013 ED which gives you a sense of what Hatakeyama is capable of.

So, on top of the really stellar animation in Pokemon X and Y, Ash is so competent in it. It's weird to think that this arc follows BW Ash...who was kind of an idiot.

I've heard good things about Pokemon XY. I should start watching that sometime.

That's meant to be good right? Haven't read it but I've liked the artstyle from what I saw.

It's "the next big thing." WSJ will be pushing it to fill in the Naruto void, and that void could be filled with something a lot, LOT worse then MHA. The art is charming, the protagonist is likeable, the setup for something great is there. It is hardly a year old so it is hard to guess where it will go but along with Shokugeki no Soma it is giving me hopes for Jump's future. It's a good mix of golden age superheroes and shonen manga, I find.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Perfect Insider Episode 4:

Not really much to say about this one as this is the episode establishing all of the parameters of the murders as well as finding the clues and the suppositions around said clues.

Yes, you have the adaptations of the first Rozen Maiden manga, which aired from 2004 to 2006 and were handled by Kou Matsuo at Nomad. I have not watched them but they don't have a great reputation.

I've watched the first season of it and it's mostly just blandly inoffensive and not really worth watching. The first season at least fits in with the continuity of Rozen Maiden 2013, the 2nd season is where things diverge.

But the awkward introduction/summary episode of 2013 mostly does its job of bringing you up to speed.

jgminto

It's "the next big thing." WSJ will be pushing it to fill in the Naruto void, and that void could be filled with something a lot, LOT worse then MHA. The art is charming, the protagonist is likeable, the setup for something great is there. It is hardly a year old so it is hard to guess where it will go but along with Shokugeki no Soma it is giving me hopes for Jump's future. It's a good mix of golden age superheroes and shonen manga, I find.

Hopefully it doesn't end up with Toei then.

Jex

So, on top of the really stellar animation in Pokemon X and Y, Ash is so competent in it. It's weird to think that this arc follows BW Ash...who was kind of an idiot.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/032/882/10b.gif[
[IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/032/879/1c8.gif[/QUOTE]

It feels so strange that a Pokemon series has only just started to get actually competent animation. You know. After years and years of utter garbage production values. It just feels weird.

It feels so strange that a Pokemon series has only just started to get actually competent animation. You know. After years and years of utter garbage production values. It just feels weird.

Uh, Masaaki Iwane, the incredible animator who does several solo episodes a year, has been working on Pokemon for a long time.

pbayne

Not sure? It looks like they are already gunning for 100 episodes of that, though. Which sounds terrible, WT started in 2013 ffs

Anyway I remember people talking about the Toho listing meaning either A-1 or JC Staff forget which

WT is into anime original content now though, so yep Toei jumped the gun before there was a lot of material to cover.

Don't think JC staff will get it. LN harems seem to their calling now.

Arabesque

Not sure? It looks like they are already gunning for 100 episodes of that, though. Which sounds terrible, WT started in 2013 ffs

Anyway I remember people talking about the Toho listing meaning either A-1 or JC Staff forget which

World Trigger got an anime announcement at the same number of chapter (60+) and they are making a long running series, so I guess it's going to be similar with My Hero Academia as well.

Toho is a large production company which works with a whole bunch of studios; see this list. I don't think you can predict anything from their involvement.

WT is into anime original content now though, so yep Toei jumped the gun before there was a lot of material to cover.

Don't think JC staff will get it. LN harems seem to their calling now.

JC Staff just did Soma.

Toho is involved in A-1 (aniplex) anime? That seems unlikely.

That's meant to be good right? Haven't read it but I've liked the artstyle from what I saw.

Hero Academia is as generic (very predictable) super hero series. Its yet to hit its stride .

I love it for its characters (Denki Kaminari ftw) and Todoroki (please let his hair get a dedicated animator).

Honestly I think it's mediocre because it's generic and cliched. Not to say it's bad, however it's not something that you would call great. It's pretty much run of the mill generic Battle Shonen that only has characters going for it and even then it isn't enough. I mean you can go ahead and read it but don't expect anything special or great. Also the pacing of the series is really fast.

Although my thoughts on the series being negative probably comes from the fact that I care little for anything in Weekly Shonen Jump. I remember when I was a huge One Piece fan but now I'm kinda meh on it. That goddamn timeskip.

Escafllowne 1

Next mech fix after Big O. Im drooling over the mech designs already. If you give a robot a cape it just automatically looks better. Also, there was this weird 2D/3D dragon which shockingly looked better than most 3D in anime of today. Good start.

And it will only get better from here. Escaflowne is such a great show. Enjoy it.

Holy shit! Hiroshi Nagahama (Flowers of Evil, Mushishi) is actually doing his dream superhero anime with Stan Lee. Umakoshi and DEEN may also be involved. I'll be excited for anything Nagahama has planned, of course. It'll get officially revealed tomorrow.

phaze

Holy shit! Hiroshi Nagahama (Flowers of Evil, Mushishi) is actually doing his dream superhero anime with Stan Lee. Umakoshi and DEEN may also be involved. I'll be excited for anything Nagahama has planned, of course. It'll get officially revealed tomorrow.

I feel some superhero crap stuff would be a waste of his talents but sure why not.

Awesome! Stan Lee and anime is always an interesting combination.

I feel some superhero crap stuff would be a waste of his talents but sure why not.

Why would a superhero anime be a waste of talent?

10b.gif

1c8.gif
More like black white was the odd one considering it took a team of fucking legendaries to knock ash out of the league in d/p, and even then ash was the only person to beat the guy's darkrai in the entire tournament, so he was really the second best there

Puruzi

Banned
More like black white was the odd one considering it took a team of fucking legendaries to knock ash out of the league in d/p, and even then ash was the only person to beat the guy's darkrai in the entire tournament, so he was really the second best there

this shit actually had me mad, ash was really lookin to win the whole tournament but then that fuckhead just showed up with some legendaries

like what the hell

Gvitor

Haikyuu! 01-05

Why is this so good? I hardly ever watch sports anime, but some friends convinced me on this, and holy shit. A volleyball anime shouldn't be this good.

The animation is great in the split second shots Hinata does. I can almost feel the impact of some spikes.

They even quoted Bernardinho on this, gods.

Jaxec

Hello AnimeGaf. I'm new here and I just finished watching Monster (great anime btw) and was wondering if you'd all help me decide which anime I should watch next. I plan to watch all those I list below but am stuck on which to start with. I've heard good things about all of them and figured it's about time I get started on them.

Ping Pong The Animation
Shirobako
Hyouka
Tokyo Godfathers

Puruzi

Banned
Hello AnimeGaf. I'm new here and I just finished watching Monster (great anime btw) and was wondering if you'd all help me decide which anime I should watch next. I plan to watch all those I list below but am stuck on which to start with. I've heard good things about all of them and figured it's about time I get started on them.

Ping Pong The Animation
Shirobako
Hyouka
Tokyo Godfathers

Ping Pong

Ping Pong The Animation
Shirobako
Hyouka
Tokyo Godfathers

All of those are great picks. I would go with Tokyo Godfathers since it's a movie and shorter, then Ping Pong since it's only 11 episodes.

Haikyuu! 01-05

Why is this so good? I hardly ever watch sports anime, but some friends convinced me on this, and holy shit. A volleyball anime shouldn't be this good.

The animation is great in the split second shots Hinata does. I can almost feel the impact of some spikes.

They even quoted Bernardinho on this, gods.

Because Furudate is a sports writing god.He does no wrong (and he actually did play volleyball)

Mature

Ping Pong The Animation
Shirobako
Hyouka
Tokyo Godfathers
Just start from the top. They're all great.

Ping Pong The Animation
Shirobako
Hyouka
Tokyo Godfathers

I'd personally go with Shirobako out of those, but you can't really go wrong with any of them.

TrueBlue

Is there anywhere for peeps in the UK to watch Bakemonogatari? I've been looking to get into the series for a while. but I'm struggling to find anywhere/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom