• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So......when is naruto going to actually end? I got tired fast of the 1-2 ep of story and then 5 episodes of filler

I imagine they'll finish up the anime once they fell they've got enough material to dive into Boruto.

But goddamn the filler has been worse than ever lately.

Phatmac

1446097541387gir78.jpg

No info about studio/staff.
FROG GIRL HYPE!!

Cornbread78

Is this A Zombie? of the Dead S2 ep.4-6
The FMP reference at the beginning of ep.4 was hilarious. Especially funny because I've been watching it this week, lol. The show continues to mix up the tone to keep you off-balance. It goes from battle mode to slapstick humor to sweet, almost sappy at times. I'm definitely enjoying it.

Man New York is huge lol. After a long day with no sleep since yesterday we decided to come back early and get settled down. Just saw that My Hero Academia is getting adapted, that's awesome news. I read the manga once in a while and it's pretty good.

Cornbread78

Man New York is huge lol. After a long day with no sleep since yesterday we decided to come back early and get settled down. Just saw that My Hero Academia is getting adapted, that's awesome news. I read the manga once in a while and it's pretty good.

Yup, it's easy to lose yourself down there. Have fun!

Jaxec

Ping Pong

All of those are great picks. I would go with Tokyo Godfathers since it's a movie and shorter, then Ping Pong since it's only 11 episodes.

Just start from the top. They're all great.

I'd personally go with Shirobako out of those, but you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Thanks guys. I think i'll start with Tokyo Godfathers and Ping Pong and then work my way from there.

Heh got to watch today's episode just now

The Perfect Insider 4

There is someone in the island right nearby causing this ruckus, and they don't want the police involved... Some scenes are pretty unsettling, they nailed the creepy ambience in this show. Just what the heck is going on? This keeps getting more and more intriguing.

Yup, it's easy to lose yourself down there. Have fun!

Sure do! We already explored quite a bit of Manhattan, and we went to that cake boss place. One thing that is kind of unsettling to me compared to Toronto is how chaotic this city is. Cars surpassing the speed limit, people crossing the roads when the lights are red, etc. I thought Toronto was hectic, but here life seems so stressful lol.

Cornbread78

Sure do! We already explored quite a bit of Manhattan, and we went to that cake boss place. One thing that is kind of unsettling to me compared to Toronto is how chaotic this city is. Cars surpassing the speed limit, people crossing the roads when the lights are red, etc. I thought Toronto was hectic, but here life seems so stressful lol.

That's why it's a concrete jungle, lol. I could tell some weird stories from spending time down there, lol.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
hero academy isn't even good tho, just another "I'm always right" protag who gets the most boring yet OP power just 'cause

Jarmel

Banned
hero academy isn't even good tho, just another "I'm always right" protag who gets the most boring yet OP power just 'cause

The manga has gone to lengths to explain that Deku's mindset, while noble, is a negative in the world they live in.

Deku is also closer to Peter Parker than Superman at this point so I would say his powers and growth have been handled wonderfully.

squadr0n

Just finished season 2 of Knights of Sidonia and loved it. The whole time I kept thinking this was done in the same style as Biomega and its actually the same guy lol. Cant believe I didnt realize this sooner. Anyone here know what chapter of the manga I should start with to find out what happens after season 2 of the anime?

Jesus. Started the Old Republic to waste time until Fallout 4 and that shit had me in its grasp and wouldn't let go. I'm now reminded why I keep away from MMO's in general. Shit's like crack.

Time to watch animu and see if I should drop Perfect Insider until it gets better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have fallen into a "gory death scenes in anime" hole on youtube, years of just one piece and similar things made me forget how fucked up anime can get.

These Blood C deaths...damn son.

Damn :eek:

ibyea

Banned
The Perfect Insider: 4
I think things are finally starting to pick up. At the very least it contrasts with the last episode in that it didn't have any boring moments.

Perfect Insider 4

The show is doing enough to keep me watching but it's by no means the gripping detective show I was hoping. Also that door locking robot looked like it was from PS1. In Real 3D from Youtube must've finally gotten into the industry.

ibyea

Banned
Perfect Insider 4

The show is doing enough to keep me watching but it's by no means the gripping detective show I was hoping. Also that door locking robot looked like it was from PS1. 3D Works software animation getting its due.

Yeah the CG throughout this show has been plain terrible.

Haibane Renmei Episode 8
Oh boy...things sure have gotten dour lately.

The slow buildup is starting to come together. I gotta say, the walking scene with the children was well done, with some very lovely visuals that contrasted with the sadness of the general theme so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any good horror anime recommendations besides Corpse Party for the season?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Subete ga F ni Naru/Perfect Insider 04
0L6A9Ly.jpg

lots of large funiture pieces are separated from the wall in this show. i will never understand
This has all of my least favorite pieces of a murder mystery in its construction. I feel like I'm watching a bad magician fumble over themselves while they try to conceal important pieces with lousy sleight of hand work. It's lame. It's stupid. I can already see most of the story, but it's been obscured and cut up into a mystery. The doctor is the most interesting character, and this is clearly her story, but episodes like this don't really fully take her into account. In its desire to present this story from the perspective of detective outsiders a pointless and inevitably overwrought mystery has been set up. There will be twists that make me groan, and honestly the location itself serves as this massive contrivance to create a locked room with convoluted clues.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Subete ga F ni naru the perfect insider 4
Well, now that there's more victim, police can't be called, i guess it's time for Saikawa and Moe to solve the mystery. I chuckle a bit when Saikawa start thinking deep, there's imagery of running down the memory line, back into caveman era, only to come to a conclusion: the perprepator run to the elevator, which was proven wrong by camera footage.

Then there's Magata Shiki past with her talking about having multiple personality and a robot which could be another key to solve the locked room mystery, or probably just a red herring. Oh yeah, Magata Shiki is one hell creepy child. seducing adult into having sex with her when she was like 13...

Sword Art Online Episode 3 & 4

In episode 3 Kirito tries to revive a girl, in episode 4 Kirito tries to revive a bird. While these two episodes share almost the exact same premise (and even have a lot of other similarities between them) they both felt completely different. I only really noticed that they were alike after I watched them. I think this is mostly because the two episodes focused on other aspects of an MMO. There are a lot of different settings that can happen in one and SAO handles this really well. Episode three being a more gloomy, Christmas setting.

While the next episode was way more colourful and upbeat.

Anyhow, I’m enjoying the way these episodes are formatted. While the “goal” of the game is to complete floor 100 there isn’t a lot of attention spent on it, it just happens in the background which was a good decision IMO. These side stories are way more interesting to see then “Kirito grinding” and them completing floors. I do think that the progress could’ve been handled a bit better. It’s mostly numbers going up. While Kirito has gained a bunch of levels during these episodes he doesn’t really look that much more “proficient” in episode 4 compared to 3. I guess that’s an MMO for you.

I can definitely see why a lot of people enjoy this though, it really nails what it’s trying to be. Kirito switching between “nice guy” and “tough guy” is handled well enough that he isn’t a complete edgelord, while he's cool, he still stays likeable.

This show also doesn’t pull it’s punches. Characters can die left or right, it’s a surprise everytime on who’s going to live or die in these episodes, especially with side-characters like Klein (I’m rooting for you buddy!). It’s always a gamble on whether or not the new girl in Kirito’s harem is going to bite the dust.

Ktgc751.jpg

When will people learn that an empty room with just a chest always means danger!

dan2026

People hating on Hero Academia.

Thats a paddlin' with the 'I hate fun' paddle.
Bend over people.

Also horror is a massively under-represented genre in anime.
Not moe enough I guess, sigh.

Qurupeke

People hating on Hero Academia.

Thats a paddlin' with the 'I hate fun' paddle.
Bend over people.

MHA is a typical (good) shonen. If you don't like shonens you won't like MHA. Simple as that. It's a bit slow until now, as there are only like 2 major events, but the build up for future situations and the various characters that slowly get more screentime are really nice.

Any good horror anime recommendations besides Corpse Party for the season?

Mushishi (in parts)
Perfect Blue
Magnetic Rose (from Memories)
Mononoke (+ Bakeneko arc from Ayakashi)
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 episode 14 (yes, I am listing a single episode because it's that good)
Alien 9
Asura
Wasurenagumo
Flowers of Evil
Serial Experiments Lain
Boogiepop Phantom
Vampire Princess Miyu TV
X TV episode 9 (another single episode that's that good)

The manga has gone to lengths to explain that Deku's mindset, while noble, is a negative in the world they live in.

Deku is also closer to Peter Parker than Superman at this point so I would say his powers and growth have been handled wonderfully.
It certainly helped that in his biggest fight during the school tournament
he loses instead of winning like 99% of protags like him do.

Makes the story more interesting to me.

pbayne

Got roped into going to Comic-Con in Belfast this weekend. Shit. Haven't been to one in years as I generally dislike them. At least Carl Weathers is gonna be there :)

Any other Irish gaffers going?

Cornbread78

Blast of Tempest ep 18-END:

Just wanted to share my thoughts here as well. This anime was excellant.

I was pleasantly surprised this anime with the mystery, action and interactions with the diverse and interesting caste in this show really carried me through and made me appreciate it and enjoy it quite a bit. Also, at times this show has some of the best scenic artwork I've seen anywhere. This isn't up in my top 5, but I'd put it in my fav top 10/15 easy. Oh, and the Mahire/Yoshino relationship was awesome as well..

beautiful imagery
6aic6Z3.jpg

e8rCaAp.gif

6ngwLEr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom