• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MHA is a typical (good) shonen. If you don't like shonens you won't like MHA. Simple as that. It's a bit slow until now, as there are only like 2 major events, but the build up for future situations and the various characters that slowly get more screentime are really nice.

I think that is a overgeneralized statement, that implies that one is automatically forced to like MHA if they like any boys action series. It ignores the quality aspect of MHA implying that it is universally accepted as good. It has faults and issues.Anyway, I think the better statement is if one is tired over the overdone superhero thing then the average writing of MHA wont really make someone think it is good.

Blast of Tempest ep 18-END:

Just wanted to share my thoughts here as well. This anime was excellant.

I was pleasantly surprised this anime with the mystery, action and interactions with the diverse and interesting caste in this show really carried me through and made me appreciate it and enjoy it quite a bit. Also, at times this show has some of the best scenic artwork I've seen anywhere. This isn't up in my top 5, but I'd put it in my fav top 10/15 easy. Oh, and the Mahire/Yoshino relationship was awesome as well..

beautiful imagery
6aic6Z3.jpg

e8rCaAp.gif

6ngwLEr.png

Knew you were gonna enjoy this one. Watching it as it aired weekly was awesome, you never knew what the heck was going to happen next. The ending actually felt pretty satisfying too.

I was pleasantly surprised this anime with the mystery, action and interactions with the diverse and interesting cast in this show really carried me through and made me appreciate it and enjoy it quite a bit. Also, at times this show has some of the best scenic artwork I've seen anywhere. This isn't up in my top 5, but I'd put it in my fav top 10/15 easy. Oh, and the Mahire/Yoshino relationship was awesome as well..

Yes best mystery writer in manga wins another one. Wish it was top 5 (well its in my top 5) but 15 is good enough.

Jex

Holy shit! Hiroshi Nagahama (Flowers of Evil, Mushishi) is actually doing his dream superhero anime with Stan Lee. Umakoshi and DEEN may also be involved. I'll be excited for anything Nagahama has planned, of course. It'll get officially revealed tomorrow.
I don't actually know what any of that will mean. Quite an unusual combination of talent and potential staff.

Very interesting.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 79
CSkkYWTXIAADb5_.png

Teleology in Yugioh is always good as you can expect the unexpected. Jack Atlus even smiled when it happened. Easily one of the best conclusion to an arc-v duel thus far. Im glad we do get to move beyond the incite the revolution speeches, they were starting to get tiring.

Also horror is a massively under-represented genre in anime.
Not moe enough I guess, sigh.

Blaming "moe" for everything wrong in anime is so tiresome at this point. "Moe" cute girl staff isn't even the most prevalent type of anime right now.

I don't actually know what any of that will mean. Quite an unusual combination of talent and potential staff.

Very interesting.

While I can understand people going, "The director of Mushishi is making a superhero anime?!" as a few have done, it's important to realize that Nagahama is a huge fan of superhero comics. He showed up to an anime convention in an Iron Man T-shirt once. I'm sure he'll bring the same meticulous style of direction to this new project that he brings to everything he does.

phaze

Why would a superhero anime be a waste of talent?

Cause superheros suck almost as much as mecha.

And they've been done to death.

So......when is naruto going to actually end? I got tired fast of the 1-2 ep of story and then 5 episodes of filler

There were some rumblings that they want to time it for the premiere of the new game in March or somewhere around that but I dunno if that's more than just a rumor.

-----
Staff for Bungou Stray Dogs
Director: Takuya Igarashi
Series Composition: Yoji Enokido
Original creator:
Kafka Asagiri (Story)
Sango Harukawa (Art)
Character Design : Nobuhiro Arai
Chief Animation Director : Nobuhiro Arai, Hiroki Kanno
Art Director: Yumiko Kondou
Music: Taku Iwasaki (!)

Cast:
Yuuto Uemura - Atsushi Nakajima
Mamoru Miyano - Osamu Dazai
Yoshimasa Hosoya - Doppo Kunikida
Kensho Ono - Ryunosuke Akutagawa
Hiroshi Kamiya - Ranpo Edogawa
Toshiyuki Toyonaga - Junichiro Tanizaki
Hiroyuki Kagura - Kenji Miyazawa
Yu Shimamura - Akiko Yosano
Chiaki Omigawa - Naomi Tanizaki (My poor ears)
Rikiya Koyama - Yukichi Fukuzawa

Staff for Bungou Stray Dogs

Music: Taku Iwasaki (!)

Cast:
Yuuto Uemura - Atsushi Nakajima
Mamoru Miyano - Osamu Dazai
Yoshimasa Hosoya - Doppo Kunikida
Kensho Ono - Ryunosuke Akutagawa
Hiroshi Kamiya - Ranpo Edogawa
Toshiyuki Toyonaga - Junichiro Tanizaki
Hiroyuki Kagura - Kenji Miyazawa
Yu Shimamura - Akiko Yosano
Chiaki Omigawa - Naomi Tanizaki
Rikiya Koyama - Yukichi Fukuzawa

The male voice cast though, great choices.

Cornbread78

Yes best mystery writer in manga wins another one. Wish it was top 5 (well its in my top 5) but 15 is good enough.

Knew you were gonna enjoy this one. Watching it as it aired weekly was awesome, you never knew what the heck was going to happen next. The ending actually felt pretty satisfying too.

Yeah, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, but the good characters and excellant writing really carried through. Obviously, there were a few minor flaws with some of the plot points, but on the whole, the mystery surrounding everything and the character interactions really pulled through. Ending was very satisfying..

QQafE6z.gif

Cause superheros suck almost as much as mecha.

And they've been done to death.

This is a very close-minded attitude to take. I can understand not liking the genre, but saying it's bad because it's been done before is just plain ignorance.

Just because there are so many superhero shows out there doesn't mean that a talented director can't make a good one.

Gundam formulas are doo-doo.

The best Gundam shows are the ones that break out of the Gundam formula.

That's true. Forgive me for praying that IBO does downhill and derails in epic porportions.

Ohoho~

It's written by Mari Okada, I expected that from IBO the second it was announced. Currently things seem to be going well for it judging by impressions, but I won't at all be surprised if that all changes in a month or two.

Qurupeke

I think that is a overgeneralized statement, that implies that one is automatically forced to like MHA if they like any boys action series. It ignores the quality aspect of MHA implying that it is universally accepted as good. It has faults and issues.Anyway, I think the better statement is if one is tired over the overdone superhero thing then the average writing of MHA wont really make someone think it is good.

Yeah, I'm not saying that's it's objectively good. People may or may not like it, that's certain. I just think it's better than shonens like Fairy Tail for example, this doesn't mean it doesn't fall for the usual tropes or that it's perfect. And I agree that you need to actually like superheroes to watch this.

squadr0n

It's written by Mari Okada, I expected that from IBO the second it was announced. Currently things seem to be going well for it judging by impressions, but I won't at all be surprised if that all changes in a month or two.

IBO has been good so far but some of the designs really make me cringe sometimes. I don't like how the Gundam's torso is so small and exposed. Also the joints sticking out on the shoulders just make me wonder how it's supposed to be so strong when it looks like someone could just reach in and snap them. The main characters back is the main thing that bugs me. It looks like he has scales sticking out, especially in the latest episode. I've been enjoying the plot so far though as someone who has grown up watching Gundam.

The best Gundam shows though are the ones that break away from the mold like someone previously said here. Shows like 08th MS Team and 0083 Stardust Memories are freaking awesome and would be just as great without the Gundam name.

On other Mech shows, Knights of Sidonia has been really good. I wasn't into at first but just finished season 2 and now I'm eagerly awaiting season 3. Had no idea it was made by the same guy as Biomega. I love his style and artwork. The CGI effect works really well in this show but if they ever make a Biomega series I don't think it would do it justice.

I never saw wixoss or anything, but what's the criticism of Okada? Is it because she's trying to write like Urobutchi?

From the shows I've seen:
Instead of having well written characters and nicely thought through stories, she provides you with bland folks that have a melodramatic breakdown every third episode. The stories become just more and more nonsensical bullshit along the way, too.

Super melodramatic magic breakdowns.

I wonder if she can surpass the bullshit of:

"As an innovator I can insert my consciousness that was stored inside a super computer into this new body" from the 00 movie.

Or that one time in SEED Destiny where Kira bent reality to win an argument against Athrun. (Or so I've heard, I haven't watched Destiny).

Cornbread78

One Week Friends ep.1-6:
50 first dates, "H.S friendship" edition. IT's very similiar to the girl in ef- A Tale of Memories as well where her memor resets every Monday and she can only remember her family, but not her friends, or anythign she did with friends. The series has a meloncoly tone with hints of hope mixed in. I guess that fits perfectly with the issues she has with her memory possible being a mental, not physical, issue as well as the normal H.S angst because the MC really likes the girl way more than just as a friend.

OK, parts of this are super sweet...

Ascheroth

I was pleasantly surprised this anime with the mystery, action and interactions with the diverse and interesting caste in this show really carried me through and made me appreciate it and enjoy it quite a bit. Also, at times this show has some of the best scenic artwork I've seen anywhere. This isn't up in my top 5, but I'd put it in my fav top 10/15 easy. Oh, and the Mahire/Yoshino relationship was awesome as well..

Glad you liked it! I'd rank it similiarly myself.
Still need to (re)watch the last few episodes, tough. Been super busy this last week and Zestiria coming out certainly didn't help, lol.

Line_HTX

I wonder if she can surpass the bullshit of:

"As an innovator I can insert my consciousness that was stored inside a super computer into this new body" from the 00 movie."

Or that one time in SEED Destiny where Kira bent reality to win an argument against Athrun. (Or so I've heard, I haven't watched Destiny).

Please elaborate. I don't care about spoilers. What kind of fuckery are we talking about?

Phatmac

Being Bishamon is suffering. Credit is due to her acting skills for portraying the appropriate amount of rage and despair that she went through this episode. The doctor is a fucked ip guy do scheming a plan to have her lose her family once again to the same guy. Sad to see such a massacre occur due to my most despised trope of miscommunication equals death. Sadly the conflict was cleared up at the exact worst time which angers me but due to their previous history I'll let it slide. Hopefully Yato will kill the bastard next week. I'm kinda disappointed by the reasoning behind Yukine's transformation but at least it looks cool.

Ascheroth

Heavy Object - 05

This show sure is entertaining. I like the whole set-up, with Qwenthur and team going from battlefield to battlefield and wrecking Objects with the power of suicidal tendencies brains and explosives. I wonder how long this will continue, though. There has to be some kind of large scale event shaking things up at some point.
Also Frolaythia had lots of fun teasing the two this episode, lol.

Noirulus

Fate Zero S2 - 07

Fuck Shirou.
Saber x Lancer OTP

Honestly the human characters have been pretty shit so far. Kiritsugu's got a paper thin personality, so that scene with him and Iri in the balcony didn't have much of an emotional impact.

Cornbread78

Fate Zero S2 - 07

Fuck Shirou.
Saber x Lancer OTP

Honestly the human characters have been pretty shit so far. Kiritsugu's got a paper thin personality, so that scene with him and Iri in the balcony didn't have much of an emotional impact.

The spirits offer much greater personality than the human cast for sure. I liked Saber and Rider the best..

Please elaborate. I don't care about spoilers. What kind of fuckery are we talking about?

At the end of 00 S2
Tiera, being an innovator (or innovade, but it goes back to being innovator in the movie but whatever) transfers his soul into a super computer that's been giving the crew all the instructions on how to follow an old man's plan to eliminate conflict all over the world so mankind can make peace with aliens in space.

It makes about as much sense as you think it does.

FoxSpirit

I'm tired of Shounen. Just burnt out.

Secretly praying that Trigger bombs it Kappa
Don't watch it then?
Seriously, hate culture is worst culture.

And you are maybe approaching that age where you go out of Shonen. Get away, stay away, come back in 10 years, be a happier man. At least that was my cycle.

I also learned that people badmouthed Grand Budhapest Hotel so I learned that people are unreliable as shit in appreciating good cinema. Shit was magical and grand.

Heavy Object Episode 5 Tom Thumb Races Through the Oil Field / The Battle of the Gibraltar Blockade II

This is too funny and also really epic with two guys taking on a mighty Object.
Please keep destroying them I love it

Love how the explosions look on sea and on land.

Defuser

Noragami Aragoto ep 1 - 5

I'll rage again if this show doesn't appear in GAF AOTY 2015 top 10 again. It was a travesty season 1 didn't make it to GAF's 2014 top 10.

Qurupeke

Noragami Aragoto 5

Hey, now there are Yukine! Double the tears!

Great episode, but Veena is really dumb. And Kazuma kept such a secret for so long, even if Yato was receiving her wraith. Now it's time to kill that creepy doctor guy.

pbayne

Played a bit of Dengeki Bunko. To my surprise its actually decent but the roster is terrible. I mean I don't particularly like many Dengeki franchises but why didn't Baccano get a spot?

And selveria's character art is hideous. Why are her tits so big? Her in-game model looks fine but her character art in cut scenes is so garish. Did the artist never look at a Valkyria Chronicles game?

FoxSpirit

At the end of 00 S2
Tiera, being an innovator (or innovade, but it goes back to being innovator in the movie but whatever) transfers his soul into a super computer that's been giving the crew all the instructions on how to follow an old man's plan to eliminate conflict all over the world so mankind can make peace with aliens in space.

It makes about as much sense as you think it does.
Well,
without world peace you can't form an United Earth Government which you need to negotiate an effective peace treaty with ETs.

Phatmac

Fate Zero S2 - 07

Fuck Shirou.
Saber x Lancer OTP

He gets better over time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 18:

Honestly I am glad this arc is over as I have felt we have just been wasting time instead of moving things forward.

Noragami Aragoto 5

Writing redeemed, best first five minutes of Noragami since season 1. Unfortunately the main antagonist is still as interesting an empty bag of baked lays. I cant wait to move beyond this arc.

If only we did get a wedding for Yukine and Yato.

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 18

This is so good. So good, I tell you.
Ushios harem continues to comb his hair in order to make him human again. (I seriously love how ridiculous this sounds out of context).
Some really emotional moments in this episode combined with some hot-blooded teamwork action. An all around satisfying episode.
It also looks like the harem has acknowledged the first wife. But, in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to how things turn out now that everyone is in the know.
Also looks like we are getting a piece of Hakumen no Mono (pun not intended) next week. I'm curious about the relationship between it, the crazed blacksmith, Jie Mei and Ushios mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom