• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iVVL84C.png

wow what a hot baabhabhiat
i bet she gives head

Noragami Aragoto 05

That was one fine episode. I mean the cliffhanger didn't really affect me, I knew it was gonna be fine. Now the
tranaformation
I didn't know about, and that was awesome. Bishamon went nuts in this episode, and tons of Regalias have
died
. I'm hoping that both Bishamon and Yato kick the real culprit's ass pretty soon.

"What would happen...if a large group of humans throughout the planet suddenly gained mighty super powers."

As long as it doesn't involve a high school of said super powers starring a main character that gets introduced to a female character by walking in on her changing, I don't think we'll need to worry all that much.

It's like the Infamous Second Son reveal.

No, the Infamous Second Son reveal was pretty depressing, IIRC. This at least has some campy cheesiness to it.

Crocodile

The REFLECTION PV (The Stan Lee and Hiroshi Nagahama Project)

I don't really have much to make of this yet, but I'm curious to see where this goes.

LMFAO at this narration.

Premise sounds super well worn (i.e. cliche) but superheros & villains done well are often fun and I know the director is good for it. Seems like it could be a lot like Concerto Revolution (a hodge-podge of superhero stuff) but with a more American/Western sensibility/direction. Even looks to have a Magical Girl team in there so you "know" this is still Japanese :p I need to see some actual animation though.

Also, again, LMFAO at the narration LOL

Wait, was it Nagahama that was really into superhero stuff you guys were talking about a couple pages ago? I can't say much for what little we got in that PV (no animation and a meh narration by Stan Lee), but if that's the case I'm glad it happened, since I really like it when authors get the chance to go and do their dream projects, even if they aren't the kind of thing I'd actually want from them.

Yes. This is Nagahama last year:

CShHOeVXIAEI5Yq.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nagahama is a fan of superhero stuff, so he's making a superhero anime. So what?
Literal bottom of the barrel genre that is reaching a point of oversaturation and here's a new project that presents literally nothing of note or personality other than Stan Lee being attached to it. A name that is known for being an empty figurehead and public face for a medium synonymous with "shit".

You guys sound so pessimistic sometimes it's depressing. I personally enjoyed a few collaboration of Stan lee like Heroman and Ultimo so I am sure I will enjoy this.

Literal bottom of the barrel genre that is reaching a point of oversaturation and here's a new project that presents literally nothing of note or personality other than Stan Lee being attached to it. A name that is known for being an empty figurehead and public face for a medium synonymous with "shit".

No...bottom of the barrel stuff are generic 12 episode harem anime that exist just to boost sales for a LN and to boost a studio's profits.

This is a collaboration that a great director has always wanted to do, it's not a crime.

Jarmel

Banned

Considering we don't know who is doing the scripts and the premise could easily be something akin to X-Men, I'm not going to be cynical yet.

Well that's AnimeGaf for yeah. :)

I know but it's mainly the over abundance of the word shit and garbage and terrible that are annoying. Something can be mediocre but garbage and shit? come on stop being so hyperbolic.

Anyway that was a small rant! sorry for that and I know it's the internet no need to tell me.

duckroll

If this is anything like Heroman in terms of production on the business end, it'll probably not be released until the entire series is completed. Looking forward to seeing the same arguments recycled all over again in 2017, when it matters. :p

Well, it also happens to have an amazingly talented director working on it.

Yes, Stan Lee is nothing more than an empty figurehead who makes shit up and has coasted by largely on work done by Kirby and Ditko, but I don't think anyone would be getting excited for Stan Lee (at least in this thread). Nagahama is someone worth getting excited about, and I'm sure he can bring an interesting take on the genre.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know but it's mainly the over abundance of the word shit and garbage and terrible that are annoying. Something can be mediocre but garbage and shit? come on stop being so hyperbolic.

Anyway that was a small rant! sorry for that and I know it's the internet no need to tell me.
The PV was super boring. Had no personality. Was narrated by a ninety-year-old geezer who has all the acting experience of heavy winking cameos. It was very awful and unpleasant. I do not understand how anyone could defend these things.

lol I stopped reading trades and capeshit years ago but I don't have a seething hatred of the entire idea. There are still a few stories here and there that I will pick up and like and I'm losing interest in cape movies faster and faster, but I am still 100% willing to give something using superheroes as a base a shot.

Quasar

Yes, Stan Lee is nothing more than an empty figurehead who makes shit up and has coasted by largely on work done by Kirby and Ditko, but I don't think anyone would be getting excited for Stan Lee (at least in this thread). Nagahama is someone worth getting excited about, and I'm sure he can bring an interesting take on the genre.

I'd disagree with that first statement, though really his post Marvel work has not been much. So no...new work by Stan would not get me excited enough to pay for it unless it had good word of mouth. And even then assuming its superheroes I'd pass on it. I came to anime to escape the superheroes glut.

The PV was super boring. Had no personality. Was narrated by a ninety-year-old geezer who has all the acting experience of heavy winking cameos. It was very awful and unpleasant. I do not understand how anyone could defend these things.

Sure it was a mediocre trailer but at the very least the premise of the show sounds neat and even if it was only a teaser the *heroes* had cool designs. It got me curious so at the very least it worked.

Also I always like how Stan Lee look in anime style and he seemed to be in the trailer. Of course I wonder if he'll be as strong and cool as his Ultimo counterpart.

sonicmj1

Without Nagahama's name, the PV would leave no impression on me whatsoever.

There certainly have been a lot of attempts at superhero stories, in the West and the East. The reason I choose to remain optimistic about this project is because I believe that Nagahama wouldn't attempt it if he didn't think it was worthwhile.

I think of these words from the interview he did before Flowers of Evil aired:

At first Nagahama (the director) refused the offer to direct the adaptation, because he thought that simply turning this manga into a pretty, clean-looking anime would be pointless.

I don't think he would do this if it was going to be an empty filler show. He's going to bring something unique to it.

It's probably very far off, but I'm hoping to hear good details whenever we learn more.

Dying to protect your friend is tragic and painful. I think the same feelings the scene is trying to achieve can be earned by doing that but then showing them recover through willpower determination and faith a few moments later. Dying would only be agreeable if its a no main characters survives type of dark scenario, otherwise authors picking and choosing who lives and doesnt is odd, especially in action series.

So I take it you don't enjoy shows where the "gimmick" so to speak is having characters get killed off like in Dangan Ronpa or Future Diary?

KanameYuuki

Love Live really grows on you, now I kinda understand why a lot of people like it but not enough to see how it was THAT popular so far, EP 9 and START:DASH!! is my favorite song and pretty much the only one I really like, and of course Nozomi is best idol "all according to keikaku" on that episode. she reminds me of Mami who is also my favorite meduka and 2nd place goes to Kotori.

Witch Hunter Robin 15

They're really pulling all the stops to
kill Robin. Even her colleagues are shown no mercy. That said, I doubt they are dead. It isn't the kind of show to kill off half of the main cast in one fell swoop. Amon definitely isn't going to die though, not yet anyway. That would be too obvious.

So uh yeah, more please.

ibyea

Banned

Sheesh, so cynical. :p

I do agree with a lot of points, but at the same time just because something will not stand out doesn't mean it's shit. Maybe it is just going to be decently entertaining, which is okay in my book.

Fafner: Exodus S2 05

The new OP is really, really good. All the callbacks to the very first OP from Dead Aggressor and additional references to other incidents including Right of Left is kind of bittersweet, considering how many of these characters are now dead. And then spoilingshowing off all their eventual new mechs, and the eventual returning pilots. Not too sure how I feel about this. While it does hype me up, it probably would've been more exciting not knowing that
Kenji/Mark Acht and the Zero Fafner
return, although
Koyo/Mark Vier and Kurusu
were already expected.

I can't even imagine how the people who watched this 10 years ago feel watching this now.

The episode itself is escalating a lot after the "breather" last episode. It's nice how they're jumping a lot between the island and the exodus group, I hope they meet back up soon.

Fafner Exodus Episode 18
CSl4pNuWsAAmKYx.png

Every episode, Im basically like can Amaterasu (Kaburagi) and Akira survive please. Then all of a sudden we get Soushi and Kazuki friendship moments, which are lovely. Good balance and such for the action and drama.

I guess Canon wont really be coming back since the Gordian Crystal grew.

All the scenes with Soushi being awkward as hell are fun to watch. I think Kaburagi and Akira are mostly safe. The only one I'm really worried about dying at this point is Seri, given that Zwolf is completely missing from the OP. As for
Canon, she still has a chance at a potential reappearance before the end. Someone has to be piloting the Dreizehn in the OP and ED. I'm betting it's probably Kurusu, but it might also be "past Canon fighting in her future" alongside them.

Fairy Tail (2014) - 82 / Fairy Tail 257

GASP. fairy tail can end now.

That fight at the end looks so damn CHEAP

It can, but it won't.

Also, you're right about it looking cheap. A-1 Pictures half-asses the animation so hard, it's not even funny.

The character art looks on point thankfully, but Fairy Tail might be the cheapest looking show I consistently watch.

Young Black Jack 05

Alright I'm done. Droppin this.

On the plus side i think this episode broke the record of most shirtless men in a scene. They even did some hardcore rope bondage

Young Blackjack 05

I'm with MPR, dropping it. The show is trying so hard to be all of these things, and none of them are catching my attention. At least when I stick to watching trashy shows there's an element of morbid curiosity to them.

With Young Blackjack it has been nothing but awkward discussion of ideologies and the topic of war has been a bit of a joke. The presentation for everything has been like spanish soap opera levels of DRAMA and I just can't do that.

I'm just not invested in anything from the show. Wish it the best of luck I'm audi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom