• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really pick out a specific reason I don't like them other than the songs just don't appeal or touch me on any level.

If you judge OP/EDs solely based on their music, I can understand that. I look at the overall package of the combination of music and visuals - it's how the two interact that is of the most interest to me. Most OP/ED songs are just generic pop stuff anyway; it's only when you get something like the songs used for Flowers of Evil that they stand out on their own.

Phatmac

I'm a sucker for good editing with catchy music over artistic OPs. The best OPs are the ones stuck in my head and hopefully fit the show in some way.

If you judge OP/EDs solely based on their music, I can understand that. I look at the overall package of the combination of music and visuals - it's how the two interact that is of the most interest to me. Most OP/ED songs are just generic pop stuff anyway; it's only when you get something like the songs used for Flowers of Evil that they stand out on their own.
Yeah this. Not like I can understand half of what the singers are blabbering about in Japanese anyway so right there and then I can't judge the song fully. I too look at the visuals and the sound in general. Does it sound good (even though I don't understand it)? Is it good looking and/or stylish? These new OPs are both stylish af in my opinion.

Sölf

There is a difference between good and good. I like some openings only because of their music. Nobunagun comes to mind. If the song would be different I would probably find it pretty boring, as visually this opening is pretty boring. I have to admit, for the opposite, where I like the opening but not the song, nothing comes to mind.

But well, at least for me, a song can make or break an opening. Visuals aren't even that important then.

Miss Monochrome Season 2 Episode 1-4

This show operates on another level, I love it.

For some reason I really like this season over the previous one, I'm not super sure why but hey, I'm having a blast so I can't complain.

Oh I appreciate the ones done that fit well into what is going on with the visuals, Kaiba OP I posted for example.

Now don't get my wrong, my comment wasn't to suggest that I think those OPs are bad. True I don't like them, but I also don't actively hate them. A better comment would have been I'm simply indifferent to them. Not an opening I would skip, but one I'm not really listening to when the show comes on.

I joined some anime communities. Surprised the weeaboo one is so big already.
CQO22THWoAE_o3B.jpg
CQO10coUcAA3LjB.jpg

pbayne

Started a gundam watch and I'm currently on zeta. Also would definitely recommend the original gundam novels. They really help out newcomers to the franchise understand both sides of the war(plus Amuro is nowhere near as annoying as he is the show) and the standard of writing is well above your average light novel.

P.S. Do the gundam designs ever top the Zeta Zakus? Fuck I love their design so much.

I joined some anime communities. Surprised the weeaboo one is so big already.

I said a few pages back, AnimeGaf should have one. Even if people don't really play MP and whatnot, it'd still be nice to have everyone that is on here and has a PS4 grouped up in one spot. If I had the time I'd make one, but I'm on my way to school, plus there doesn't seem to be enough interest.

Cornbread78

I said a few pages back, AnimeGaf should have one. Even if people don't really play MP and whatnot, it'd still be nice to have everyone that is on here and has a PS4 grouped up in one spot. If I had the time I'd make one, but I'm on my way to school, plus there doesn't seem to be enough interest.

I told you I'm game, Phatmac saidf he'd put it together. One of you do it, lol.

Just don't judge me for playing Valhalla Knights 3 and havign to go through those "Sexy Time" skits...

I told you I'm game, Phatmac saidf he'd put it together. One of you do it, lol.

Just don't judge me for playing Valhalla Knights 3 and havign to go through those "Sexy Time" skits...

Dope, if you do go through with it, I'd add everyone of you, I'm sure I have some already on my friends list but the fact of the matter is that just like me, I'm sure most of you have different IDs on PSN so I can't tell who is who. And lol I don't think anyone will judge anyone. Pretty sure folks have posted about WAY worse things on here, everyone is desensitized LMFAO.

Cornbread78

I own Omega Quintet so I'm probably on some list somewhere.

Oh man, I just bought that last week during the sale too. Why, Why, Why... Ugh, I'll probably still be playing Tales of Symphonia until Tales of Zestiria drops anyhow... I thought it was only that Monster card game that had this crap in it, so I was dying laughing/crying when that sequence popped up in VK3; friggen Vita....

Dope, if you do go through with it, I'd add everyone of you, I'm sure I have some already on my friends list but the fact of the matter is that just like me, I'm sure most of you have different IDs on PSN so I can't tell who is who. And lol I don't think anyone will judge anyone. Pretty sure folks have posted about WAY worse things on here, everyone is desensitized LMFAO.

Well, everyone would have gotten a laugh out of Yui's "Daddy Don't Cheat" trophy if I hadn't screwed it up. Either way, go ahead and put it together. Wait, can we hide our communiteis from RL friends? (unrelated, legit question, lol)

Well, you guys talk it out on who wants to boot it up, but, I'll start PSN: Cornbread78

sonicmj1

Sölf;180433096 said:
Skipping openings?

MCD1RgL.jpg
I have watched 11 episodes of After Story, and I've watched the OP and ED once each.

Skipping saves me three minutes of my life per episode to do important things like browse GAF.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sölf;180433096 said:
Skipping openings?
There are so many bad or uninteresting openings that I can't imagine someone diligently sitting through every single one as a rule.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sölf;180434040 said:
I think the last time I skipped an opening was like 10+ years ago.

Well if you want to keep that up I suggest you never watch Tokyo Ghoul S2 then.

Qurupeke

I think this should have been answered a ton of times but...

What's the order to watch the Monogatari series? I'm finally ready for this.

Ascheroth

I always listen to the openings and endings, except if they're horrible, but I usually only watch them once or twice. Can do much more important things in those 3 minutes, like browsing GAF, you know.

Lupin III: Cagliostro no Shiro [1979]

I decided to check this movie out after seeing the OP for the new show posted yesterday. Very charming and well paced movie with some cool moments. My favorite bit is probably the car chase in the mountain from the beginning.
This movie looks great. Beautiful backgrounds, I felt obliged to create a bunch of Panorama shots.

I made an album for some more shots.

phaze

Deadman Wonderland has the best opening. Not even a question.

---

Judging by the last episode of Naruto, even OP's and ED's went into budget mode.

Oh God they spoil (manga massive spoilers)
Madara's demise
outright. This is why you should never watch anime openings till you finish the show.

TUSR

Banned
https://twitter.com/magazine_pash/status/649509357755854848

PASH! magazine has confirmed that this month's issue will reveal the new Trigger show as a cover story. It hits retail on Oct 10. It is an original anime. Not an adaptation

It seems pretty likely that this will be Imaishi's new series, since he usually takes 3 years between each production - Dead Leaves (2004), Gurren Lagann (2007), Panty and Stocking (2010), Kill la Kill (2013). Since whatever is being revealed will only air next year in 2016, that'll fit perfectly. Word has it that Gen Urobuchi could be writing the new show, lol.
intrigued

but skeptical

platinum disco best op

Mature

https://twitter.com/magazine_pash/status/649509357755854848

PASH! magazine has confirmed that this month's issue will reveal the new Trigger show as a cover story. It hits retail on Oct 10. It is an original anime. Not an adaptation

It seems pretty likely that this will be Imaishi's new series, since he usually takes 3 years between each production - Dead Leaves (2004), Gurren Lagann (2007), Panty and Stocking (2010), Kill la Kill (2013). Since whatever is being revealed will only air next year in 2016, that'll fit perfectly. Word has it that Gen Urobuchi could be writing the new show, lol.
I was going to say I'd prefer Urobuchi to Nakashima at this point, but I don't think I actually mean that.

Started a gundam watch and I'm currently on zeta. Also would definitely recommend the original gundam novels. They really help out newcomers to the franchise understand both sides of the war(plus Amuro is nowhere near as annoying as he is the show) and the standard of writing is well above your average light novel.

P.S. Do the gundam designs ever top the Zeta Zakus? Fuck I love their design so much.

The Zeta Zaku has yet to be surpassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom