• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droplet

Out of Manglobe's hsitory, I've only seen:

Samurai Champloo
Michiko to Hatchin
Samurai Flamenco

I loved all three of those quite a bit. Anything I'm missing? I hear House of Five Leaves a lot.

House of Five Leaves is great, but it's pretty much the only other work of theirs I've seen. I think I might have seen some of The World God Only Knows, but it's a pretty straightforward adaptation.

I see they're also doing Genocidal Organ, one of the Project Itoh films set to release soon. That might be interesting.

Samurai Champloo
Michiko to Hatchin
Samurai Flamenco

I loved all three of those quite a bit. Anything I'm missing? I hear House of Five Leaves a lot.

Haven't watched House of Five Leaves. Heard it's good.

I like Ergo Proxy, but it's divisive to say the least. Whether you like or hate it will come down to how much you like Sci-fi mixed with mythology.

ibyea

Banned
RIP Manglobe.

Surprised it took this long. A studio started up by former Sunrise guys looking to make alternative style shows that apparently nobody wanted either in Japan or in the US, and then settled for making a bunch of moe shit in order to try to make some body, but that wasn't enough.

:(

Syrinx

Gintama 25

An episode all about a nabe pot and I actually loved it. Probably because the conundrum of sharing food is one I can relate to.

Gintama 26

Shinpachi actually stepping up.

Gintama 27

I've mostly found this show's attempts to create characters that emotionally resonate to be hit or miss. This was probably their biggest hit yet, and thus is one of the best episodes yet. Only slight criticism is that the episode downplays the guy's past crimes a bit, even if he himself doesn't. Still worked great as a redemption story and Gintoki destroying the mask was the ultimate catharsis of it.

Gintama 28

The intro episode of kunoichi girl was fun but she's on pace to becoming my least favorite side character if they can't find a way to make her less one-note and give her better chemistry with the other characters.

Gintama 29

Fuck roaches.

I think that this show has at least hit its stride, and if it gets even better, I look forward to it.

Victory Gundam 05-07

Man, these League Militaire guys are assholes. Uso is completely uninvolved with their war, single-handedly saves them from several ambushes, and then they still complain about him not doing everything perfectly.

javac

wWDQCiD.png
Australian Upcoming releases / new artwork:

Blu-ray
Gurren Lagann Pierce the Heavens Collection [Madman]
Release date: 02/12/2015
Run Time: 986 min
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English
Format: Six-disc set (6 BDs)
Price:
BD @ madman.com: $149.95 AUD

02AF5vr.png

Space Dandy Part 2 [Madman]
Run Time: 325 min
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ madman.com: $64.95 AUD
DVD @ madman.com: $59.95 AUD

HzVxx6m.png

Ghost in the Shell Arise Part 2 [Madman]
Run Time: 114 min
Price:
BD @ madman.com: $29.95 AUD
DVD @ madman.com: $29.95 AUD

xNOnlCF.png

The Last: Naruto the Movie [Madman]
Run Time: 113 min
Format: One-disc set (1 BD)
Price:
BD @ madman.com: $34.95 AUD
DVD @ madman.com: $29.95 AUD

NHShk2C.png

Blue Exorcist Complete Series [Madman]
Release date: 13/01/2016
Run Time: 625 min
Format: Six-disc set (6 BDs)
Price:
BD $89.95 RRP
DVD $79.95 RRP

sDZbT1u.png

Fairy Tail Collection 17 (Eps 188-199) [Madman]
Run Time: 300 min
Price:
BD $59.95 RRP
DVD $59.95 RRP

x2fuptU.png

DVD
So, I Can't Play H Complete Collection [Madman]
Audio: Japanese 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (2 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ madman.com: $59.95 AUD

KJC9LsP.png

Sailor Moon Season 1 Part 1 (Eps 1-24) [Madman]
Run Time: 510 min
Format: Four-disc set (4 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ madman.com: $49.95 AUD
LE DVD @ madman.com: $69.95 AUD

Fnnz31d.png

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Episode 3: The Brightness Falls [Madman]
Run Time: 51 min
Audio: Japanese
Format: One-disc set (1 DVD)
Price:
DVD $24.95 RRP

hEPW7r5.png

Golden Time Complete Series (Eps1-24) [Madman]
Run Time: 600 min
Format: Four-disc set (4 DVDs)
Price:
DVD $69.95 RRP

BcB3bJD.png

Gundam Reconguista in G Part 1 (Eps 1-13) [Madman]
Price:
DVD $59.95 RRP

bPJHIQ0.png

Hamatora Season 1 Collection [Madman]
Price:
DVD $59.95 RRP

xWGrnS2.png

Robotics;Notes Complete Series [Madman]
Run Time: 550 min
Format: Five-disc set (5 DVDs)
Price:
DVD $59.95 RRP
BD ??

s0ckhcq.png

Sunday Without God Series Collection [Madman]
Price:
DVD $59.95 RRP

UF8BDaU.png

Rhapsody

Banned
I think they would still go for another season if they wanted one even if they had staff issues or something. Maybe it didn't warrant enough sales or they were happy how the adaptation ended.
It had something to do with a prank/scandal on one guy that blew up. I'm not sure how much of an affect it had on the anime's future.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kanon 1-2

The fish eyes aren't as weird as their mouths being halfway up their faces

Quasar

Samurai Champloo
Michiko to Hatchin
Samurai Flamenco

Looking at tne list the main ones I've seen and liked are:

World God Only Knows
Mashiro-iro Symphony

/XX/

Has the crowdfunding section on the official website homepage always been there? I'm guessing that it has and I'm probably reading too much into it, but the fact that it has blank spaces next to LWA2 with 'Coming Soon' in them...hmmm.
http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/
It has been there since the beginning of their first crowdfunding campaign (for the second episode of LWA), on July 2013. Masahiko Ōtsuka commented on it shortly after:

Answering Fans’ Wishes with Kickstarter: Studio Trigger (“Little Witch Academia 2”) Interview [3/3] said:
TOM (Tokyo Otaku Mode): There is a crowdfunding box on Trigger’s renewed homepage, so we are expecting more experimental projects.

Otsuka: If we have the chance, we’d like to challenge them. However, we can’t just go on and start multiple works without giving results, so first, we will complete LWA 2. The rest will come after.
http://otakumode.com/news/51f22d933...o-Little-Witch-Academia-2-rdquo-Interview-3-3

I personally wouldn't give much importance to the number of blank spaces, though.

Ah, cool.

Looked like the Studio 2 building was open when I was there too btw. The entrance door blinds were pulled back. And all 3 parking spots in front of the main building was filled with cars.
Oops! Didn't realize until you quoted my post that I linked twice to the same image, sorry for that. Here are both of them:

http://www.buta-connection.net/studio/images/visite_studio_ghibli_01_hd.jpg
http://www.buta-connection.net/studio/images/visite_studio_ghibli_02_hd.jpg

As you comment, it is encouraging that there is active personnel at 'studio 2'; it could possibly be related to dubbing work as well (hosted in that building), also because the greater part of the staff dedicated to in-house backgrounds creation for animation productions that was stationed in there too has probably ended up at new 'atelier' Dehogallery, Inc., (http://dehogallery.co.jp/) by now.

About the next film production; the French version of newspaper 20 Minutes mentions that it is a project led by Gorō Miyazaki the upcoming one to be produced by Mr. Nishimura at Studio Ghibli:

Yoshiaki Nishimura: «Produire des films au studio Ghibli rend prêt à relever tous les défis»
http://www.20minutes.fr/cinema/1515...ms-studio-ghibli-rend-pret-relever-tous-defis

Also... do you remember if one of those parked cars was a MINI? Because it could be Toshio Suzuki's one!

Sölf

Why did planet axel die a few years ago. Seeing these prices for anime BDs I am so jealous of you guys. ;____;

I think I'll do something I don't think I've done in nearly my four years at college. I'm gonna miss a class. Not really feeling psychology up for my 9:30 class.

I'll just watch some anime and relax.

Haibane Renmei 5

Oh, so now she's working in a library. It might actually be nice to switch jobs every now and again.

Huh, so the books only come from the dudes in robes. Doesn't seem like they actively suppress information so far. Well save for what happens outside the wall.

"Well, a dream is beautiful because it remains a dream." I don't think I agree with that lady...

Holy shit, street hooligans. Look how rough and tumble they look with their angel wings!

Cute episode, very nice ending.

I happened to start 'Michiko to Hatchin' after hearing good things about it's OP and it being a good show itself, or at least that's why I think I started it.

Either way I was really impressed early on and just the setting is sth. I'd never expected to be covered in an anime. I certainly didn't expect myself to be reminded of 'City of God' watching the first couple episodes.

That said, by now at episode 6, I feel like the show doesn't manage to combine its serious side with the overly whimsical one seamlessly. Sort of feels like the show doesn't know what it wants to be at this point.

Does anyone know if Danmachi will ever return? I was bored this week and decided to give it a shot even though the title of the show seemed really stupid to me, and I was sorta pleasantly surprised at the quality. Don't throw rocks at me, please. I didn't like the ending as an actual ending, though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It is odd to think that Michiko and Hatchin is probably at its most successful and popular with its run on Toonami.

kewlmyc

RIP Manglobe.

I liked many of your works like TWGOK, Samurai Champloo, and Michiko to Hatchin.

I'm going to blame all those unsuccessful Hayate no Gotoku anime projects on this.

Thoraxes

Even though the final TWGOK arc kinda sucks, I still would've wanted to see it animated.

I wanted that closure in animated form anyways.

I'm still praying Samurai Flamenco BDs get released stateside one of these days. AoA has the rights according to their press release.

Cornbread78

Looking at tne list the main ones I've seen and liked are:
World God Only Knows
Mashiro-iro Symphony

Mashiro-iro Symphony is the anti harem, harem. He picks the wrong girl.. Now The World Only God Knows was pretty damn good.. I wasn't so sure on how they ended it, but the show was pretty damn good.
3D>2D until your married, then it changes to 2D>3D..

Kanon 1-2
The fish eyes aren't as weird as their mouths being halfway up their faces

Don't let the moe faces persuade you. Kanon is a great show! Mei is awesome.

Cornbread78

Does anyone know if Danmachi will ever return? I was bored this week and decided to give it a shot even though the title of the show seemed really stupid to me, and I was sorta pleasantly surprised at the quality. Don't throw rocks at me, please. I didn't like the ending as an actual ending, though.

To me, that whole series was l UK e a prologue for a much larger story. I know the LN is still ongoing, so we will probably see a second season considering how popular Miss Boobstring was, but it will probably be a few years off as they release more LN.

For as much flack as I give SamFlam, I have to say I loved Samurai Champloo. I'm sad to see them go. One less studio to make potentially good anime, hope the workers find employment soon.

duckroll

TRIGGER ANIMATION EXPO on October 14th (Wednesday) until October 25th (Sunday) at the Tokyo Anime Center. Announcement of new original anime expected.

https://twitter.com/magazine_pash/status/649509357755854848

PASH! magazine has confirmed that this month's issue will reveal the new Trigger show as a cover story. It hits retail on Oct 10. It is an original anime. Not an adaptation

It seems pretty likely that this will be Imaishi's new series, since he usually takes 3 years between each production - Dead Leaves (2004), Gurren Lagann (2007), Panty and Stocking (2010), Kill la Kill (2013). Since whatever is being revealed will only air next year in 2016, that'll fit perfectly. Word has it that Gen Urobuchi could be writing the new show, lol.

kewlmyc

Damn shame they didn't get to anime all of TWGOK but glad they still did a great job with it. RIP

Does anyone honestly the garbage time travel arc that had terrible pacing and killed the series to be animated? The only thing that I could see coming out of it is the
Chihiro comeback.

Defuser

RIP Manglobe. They been hitting all kinds of bad luck when selecting shows to animate, nearly all the shows they output so far bombed.

I mean those are fine, so the true question is what don't you like about the new OPs because if these are anything to go by, idk what makes you say you don't like them? Legit question
I can't really pick out a specific reason I don't like them other than the songs just don't appeal or touch me on any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom