• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
what kind of name is genocidal organ tho

"oops my spleen just wiped the continent off the map, sorry about that"?

javac

It has been there since the beginning of their first crowdfunding campaign (for the second episode of LWA), on July 2013. Masahiko Ōtsuka commented on it shortly after:

http://otakumode.com/news/51f22d933...o-Little-Witch-Academia-2-rdquo-Interview-3-3

I personally wouldn't give much importance to the number of blank spaces, though.
I thought that might be the case but I wasn't 100% certain, thanks putting that to rest!
https://twitter.com/magazine_pash/status/649509357755854848

PASH! magazine has confirmed that this month's issue will reveal the new Trigger show as a cover story. It hits retail on Oct 10. It is an original anime. Not an adaptation

It seems pretty likely that this will be Imaishi's new series, since he usually takes 3 years between each production - Dead Leaves (2004), Gurren Lagann (2007), Panty and Stocking (2010), Kill la Kill (2013). Since whatever is being revealed will only air next year in 2016, that'll fit perfectly. Word has it that Gen Urobuchi could be writing the new show, lol.
Thanks for the info, I too have heard that Urobuchi may be involved in this, its been circulating for a while. I guess he started following the Trigger Twitter account not too long ago.

http://project-itoh.com/news/20151002_1/

Genocidal Organ has been officially delayed because of production circumstances. RIP.

:(

Oh no. I had figured that with it so close to release the bankruptcy wouldn't materially affect the film, but I guess it did. Hopefully things can get straightened out so the film can properly release; it seems really interesting.

Mmmm. One of the first employees to Tweet about the bankruptcy was working on this and not Gangsta. The production schedules of the industry are so toxic, when you have a film due out next month not being finished.

It's perhaps not as crazy as the anime industry, but even Hollywood blockbusters can get into a real crunch as the production nears its close. I remember hearing on the Lord of the Rings movies commentaries how close they came to not completing the films in time for the release dates, and quick research shows that the last visual effects shots on Return of the King were completed just five days before the premiere.

PASH! magazine has confirmed that this month's issue will reveal the new Trigger show as a cover story. It hits retail on Oct 10. It is an original anime. Not an adaptation

It seems pretty likely that this will be Imaishi's new series, since he usually takes 3 years between each production - Dead Leaves (2004), Gurren Lagann (2007), Panty and Stocking (2010), Kill la Kill (2013). Since whatever is being revealed will only air next year in 2016, that'll fit perfectly. Word has it that Gen Urobuchi could be writing the new show, lol.

Imaishi and Urobuchi? I don't know how to feel about this.

Like, these two guys made my two favorite shows of all time. But both of their styles are fundamentally different.

Whatever they make, it'll certainly be interesting, that's for sure.

Gintama 139 - 146: Yoshiwara in Flames

Very enjoyable (and quite long) arc that puts a lot of focus on Kagura and the Yato clan. Kaguras rampage was easily the highlight for me together with Shinpachi restraining her bringing her back. I await great things the next time Kamui makes an appearance.
The climactic encounter was alright though the fight choreography and animation was more impressive in the Benizakura arc.
Comedy was also really good, especially the first time Gintoki and the blonde girl meet and she's playing along with his excuses. I guess we'll get to see more of her?
What I disliked is the common shounen trope of trying to redeem the villains at the end. It wasn't as aggravating here as it was in the Shinsengumi Crisis arc but I hoped that Gintama would be above this.

Looking back it took me about year to get through the first 30 something episodes but since then the show gradually improved and has really come into its own now. Glad that I still got half the episodes left.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
OPs are like anime, only a fraction of them have any merit at all and there's only a few you ever have to watch.

Most of them are completely unnecessary past the first viewing.

Urobuchi and Imaishi together? This could be interesting. I'll keep my eye on it.

Sölf

Gintama 139 - 146: Yoshiwara in Flames

Very enjoyable (and quite long) arc that puts a lot of focus on Kagura and the Yato clan. Kaguras rampage was easily the highlight for me together with Shinpachi restraining her bringing her back. I await great things the next time Kamui makes an appearance.
The climactic encounter was alright though the fight choreography and animation was more impressive in the Benizakura arc.
Comedy was also really good, especially the first time Gintoki and the blonde girl meet and she's playing along with his excuses. I guess we'll get to see more of her?
What I disliked is the common shounen trope of trying to redeem the villains at the end. It wasn't as aggravating here as it was in the Shinsengumi Crisis arc but I hoped that Gintama would be above this.

Looking back it took me about year to get through the first 30 something episodes but since then the show gradually improved and has really come into its own now. Glad that I still got half the episodes left.

So much more goodness to watch. :D
I really liked this arc. Was my favorite one until I saw the 4 Devas arc. Currently it's my third favorite arc, right after Courtesan of a Nation.

OPs are like anime, only a fraction of them have any merit at all and there's only a few you ever have to watch.

Most of them are completely unnecessary past the first viewing.

If an OP doesn't need to be watched multiple times, it doesn't need to be watched even once.

duckroll

But Transformers is anime.

https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/620802274709737472
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/620802320641581057
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/620802431002120193
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/620802464153862144
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/620802766093443072
https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/620802829142208512

”Transformers: Devastation”

We use a special shader that gives our models an authentic 80's anime look. I don't know who came up with its name, but within PG, we call it a wakame shader.

We watched Transformers: The Movie for an example of how we could give the characters a metallic (or, wakame) feel. We didn't shade things as dark as The Movie does, but overall it was a superb wakame reference.

When I didn't feel like there was enough wakame,
I'd tell the artists "this needs more Bari."
"Bari this up some more."
(Bari meaning Masami Obari)

Firemind

d91.gif

Sölf;180453596 said:
So much more goodness to watch. :D
I really liked this arc. Was my favorite one until I saw the 4 Devas arc. Currently it's my third favorite arc, right after Courtesan of a Nation.

Good to hear :)
Too bad the manga is on hiatus due to the mangakas illness. I hope it's nothing serious.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 432 – The Loser Ninja
I love this filler, Kushina and Minato still alive, Naruto still Naruto and team 7 still our favs. Sasuke secretly happy for his Naruto and even legit worried at times. And look he isnt an avenger anymore even. This is the perfect Naruto AU a nimated.

phaze

Bake
Nise
Neko Black
Second Season
Tsuki
Owari
Hana

That's a weird, neither chronological nor release order.

For Qurepeke: As I understand it, even though it's set in the future, after the events of Tsuki, Owari and whatever else is coming after that, Hanamonogatari was still purposefully inserted into the middle by the author himself. But while it's mostly a self contained story, it does hint or reveal certain minor things about the ending of the entire franchise so decide for yourself whether to watch it or not.

Unsurprising given Manglobe is going under. Wonder how much was completed prior to Manglobe's bankruptcy?

Given that we have substantial trailer footage, and animators were hyping up how good the movie looks, it had to be very close to completiton.

Makes sense. I respect that approach.

I thought this anime was going to be about a medic doing medic things.

Black Jack is basically a superhero.

Sölf

Gintama 287-289
Oh boy, Gintama x Hijikate episodes are always good. A whole arc? Damn. After seeing this cat thing I thought that would be the pinnacle. But then, this appeared and I just died:

Gintama, you nev er disappoint. <3

javac

Netflix is ratcheting up its kids&#8217; lineup, announcing orders for seven original series including shows based on Lego Group&#8217;s Bionicle and Friends toy lines and a sitcom based on DreamWorks Animation&#8217;s movie &#8220;The Croods.&#8221;

Netflix is also broadening its offering for tweens and teens, with the live-action show &#8220;Lost & Found Music Studios,&#8221; action-comedy of &#8220;Buddy Thunderstruck,&#8221; anime-inspired &#8220;Glitter Force&#8221; and &#8220;Las Leyendas&#8221; (&#8220;The Legends&#8221;), first ever original animated series produced in Latin America.

&#8220;Glitter Force&#8221; (Dec. 18, 2015): 20-episode run from Saban Brands is set in the magical kingdom of Jubiland, which is invaded by an evil emperor and his band of fairytale villains. A tiny pixie named Candy recruits five preteen girls to form the powerful Glitter Force to help defend Earth from becoming the next target. Series available in all Netflix territories excluding Asia.
Variety.com

Netflix Original?

One did today. Lance n Masques. Looks terrible.

Also that Diabolik Loverz shit

Kamisama Minarai, the new Lupin III series Japanese broadcast, and Young Black Jack have also aired today, October 1.

Tomorrow, October 2, Miss Monochrome S3, Hacka Doll, Kagewani, Heavy Object, Noragami Aragato, K Return of Kings, and Fafner Exodus Part 2 will air.

It's one of many shows about pretty boys treating a girl like human garbage

But they are vampires in this

So when they treat her like garbage they sparkle.

Kamisama Minarai, the new Lupin III series Japanese broadcast, and Young Black Jack have also aired today, October 1.

Tomorrow, October 2, Miss Monochrome S3, Hacka Doll, Kagewani, Heavy Object, Noragami Aragato, K Return of Kings, and Fafner Exodus Part 2 will air.
Young black jack and lupin I'm down for. The former especially because there's no way in hell they'll have that grating little girl character.

JulianImp

That just reminded me that the CR random system made us watch Little Princesses EP1. While we've been able to endure most other shows we didn't like at least until the end of the episode, this one was so awful we couldn't help but drop it midway. I get that it was probably meant for little girls, but damn it was awful, had awful pacing, pandered to generic girly tropes such as becoming slightly older princess/idols that could sing and dance thanks to magic, and looked horribly cheap overall.

While we've been somewhat amused by weird and quirky shows (such as some strange short show with Flash-era animation about two sumotoris), this was just too much for us to bear.

javac

DAISUKI.net 2015 Autumn season Streaming line-up

============================
Concrete Revolutio
ncnMGKam.jpg

Streaming start: 10/4 (Sun), 23:30 JST
Subtitles: English, French, Italian, German, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, Indonesian
Streaming area: World-wide (except for Japan & China)

The Asterisk War
vOlSXs8m.jpg

Streaming start: 10/3 (Sat), 22:00 JST
*for North America, Central and South America, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand: 10/10 (Sat), 22:00 JST
Subtitles: English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, German, European Spanish, Russian
*some languages might be not available depending on the area
Streaming area: Central and South America, North America, Australia, New Zealand and other English-speaking countries,
Europe (except Germany)
Asia (except Japan, South Korea, China, India)

Cardfight!! Vanguard G GIRS Crisis
A9Oa2Znm.jpg

Streaming start: 10/11 (Sun), 10:30 JST
Subtitles: English

MilPom
l2YDQKrm.jpg

Streaming start: Now streaming
Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese (HK), Traditional Chinese (TW), Simplified Chinese, French

OWARIMONOGATARI
bNSItkCm.jpg

Streaming start: 10/11 (Sun), 2:00 JST
Subtitles: English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
Streaming area: North America, Central and South America, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand

Hackadoll the Animation
CR3voKJm.jpg

Streaming start: 10/2 (Wed), 23:00 JST
Subtitles: English, Thai, Indonesian

ONE-PUNCH MAN
j1ruaBcm.jpg

Streaming start: North, Central & Latin America/Europe: October 5 (MON), 1:35am JST
Korea: English subtitles: 10/12 (MON), Korean subtitles: 10/26 (MON), 1:05am JST
Subtitles:
In North, Central & Latin America: English, Latin American Spanish, Portuguese
In European countries: English, French / to be added 1 week later: Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian
Streaming area: North, Central & Latin America, European countries, Korea

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
RLZ2cwtm.jpg

Streaming start: 10/4 (FRI), 19:30 JST
Subtitles: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, European Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian, Malay, Tagalog, Simplified Chinese, Korean
Streaming area: World-wide (except for Japan and some areas)
Facebook.com/daisuki.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom