• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there a list of films or shows where the English dub is worth checking out?

I feel filthy when watching a dub now. Subs have spoiled me.

I can't think of a single anime where I checked out the dub and thought it was even tolerable. Except Dragon Ball because I just can't take that lady that does Goku in a high pitched scream. Sorry.

Is there a list of films or shows where the English dub is worth checking out?

I feel filthy when watching a dub now. Subs have spoiled me.

Here, I made one for you:

Yeah, let me post mine:

I can't think of a single anime where I checked out the dub and thought it was even tolerable. Except Dragon Ball because I just can't take that lady that does Goku in a high pitched scream. Sorry.

Clearly none of you have seen the following dubs:

Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Wolf's Rain
Full Metal Panic

And many more. Yaw'll need to expand your horizons.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Clearly none of you have seen the following dubs:

Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Wolf's Rain
Full Metal Panic

And many more. Yaw'll need to expand your horizons.
none of these are worth watching over the original (although some aren't worth watching in any form, certainly)

Chivalry of a Failed Knight 1

My curiosity got the best of me and I hate myself for it. I cant believe I sat through this garbage.

I heard so much about how Asterisk and this are basically the same show so I went and started watching Asterisk after this was done. I cant believe the MC of this show also walked in on the pink haired female lead within the first 2 minutes of the episode. Fucking lol. Immediately stopped watching there.

Cornbread78

Asterix ep.5
Well, that was an interesting battle, how the hell did she strike that? He has to get that limiter somehow. Next week should be interesting.

Oh...the sub vs dub debate again...
gDI1Y7F.gif
Goodie.

Do you guys wanna debate who would win if Superman and Batman fought again while we're at it?

Mailbox

Oh...the sub vs dub debate again...

Goodie.

Do you guys wanna debate who would win if Superman and Batman fought again while we're at it?

Well, we'll know that next year now won't we? :p

But honestly, sub v. dub is weird. It really should be considered as a case by case basis. And it doesn't have to be an "or" situation.
I love both the sub and dub of Toradora, for example.

javac

While on the topic of dubs, regardless of what people's opinion of them are it's wonderful that you all in the US are going to be (finally) getting a release of Only Yesterday, the best Ghibli film, thanks in part to it finally getting a dub. I look forward to seeing how the dub turns out as I love the Ghibli dubs :)

Owarimonogatari 05

For real this chick's voice actress gave some of the most brilliant delivery I've watched in a while. I don't understand Japanese, but the tone of voice, the shakiness it all showed just how powerless and destroyed this person was internally. Sodachi is broken inside. Her childhood was complete shit and that lead her to be the way she is now. As to the reason why she hates Araragi so much, and I mean the real reason, I kinda had that one figured out as he started putting the pieces together. Araragi was what kept her in one piece pretty much.

In short, this episode was just mind blowing and the delivery was so good that I got shivers at certain points.

Crocodile

Goku vs. Superman? That's the old-ness

This fantasy fight is the new hotness:
7a6e9172fe179484a8fb362f41038616-d9etygc.jpg

Source

Holy shit are we really having a sub vs. dub fight? What's wrong with y'all? I seriously can't believe there are people who hold absolute-ist positions in this day and age either. SMH.

SephLuis

Chivalry - 05

Sexual Frustration - The Episode.

Not much to see it here.

Asterisk - 05

Not much in terms of plot development either, but at least the fight was cool

Winner for this week: Asterisk

Jaxec

Owarimonogatari 05

Chills. I don't know how else I can describe what I felt while watching this episode. Marina Inoue did such a phenomenal job as Sodachi and really illustrated that great voice acting can do so much for a series. I went back and decided to just listen to the audio for this episode and I still felt those chills. There are very few performances that I have heard that came off as genuine as this one. Sodachi is broken and I find myself feeling so much for her. Bravo.

Noirulus

Fate Zero S1 - 10

Rin so brave. I wouldn't have the balls to do that as a kid. I gotta ask, though. How the heck did she even know the vicinity in which she should check for stolen children? Fuyuki's no small city...

And man, Kariya. Dude looks like a husk of a man. I wish him the best but he's bloody hopeless. Good human being, though, and the only one with a noble desire from the grail.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, we have a weekly Asterisk vs. Chivalry thing, too. I guess that's sort of better than dub vs. sub
KuGsj.gif

Chivalry this week was pretty dumb and I read the manga a while back and for some reason the anime replaced the key character (who is the focus of the arc and who is supposed to be getting character development) with the reporter girl, aka female version of reporter guy from Asterisk.

Cornbread78

Well, we have a weekly Asterisk vs. Chivalry thing, too. I guess that's sort of better than dub vs. sub
KuGsj.gif

Chivalry this week was pretty dumb and I read the manga a while back and for some reason the anime replaced the key character (who is the focus of the arc and who is supposed to be getting character development) with the reporter girl, aka female version of reporter guy from Asterisk.

I think the official count is now

Asterix: 3
Calvary: 2

Or vise versa, it's very close, lol.

I think the official count is now

Asterix: 3
Calvary: 2

Or vise versa, it's very close, lol.

I'm torn still tbh. Like last week Cavalry was better in my books. This week however, I had to hand it to Asterisk. I feel like each week one is better than the other. It's been a close race LOL.

KuGsj.gif

It's like a debate between choosing the gum stuck to the floor or the gum stuck to the shoe.

Noirulus

Fate Zero S1 - 11

Only half way through this episode. The one where Gilgamesh, Saber, and Rider enjoy a conversation while drinking wine in a garden.

RIDER JUST SERVED SABER'S ASS ON A PLATE GODDAMN STAHP IT RIDER, SHE'S JUST A CHILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom