• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good tas...

Get out.

I mean, I still think it's awesome, but Gunbuster to me is just one of those classics of the genre. Nothing done in Diebuster really topped what was done in Gunbuster. It was still good, don't get me wrong, but everything done in Gunbuster imo was perfect from start to finish. It's kind of difficult to top perfection (especially considering the fact that Anno didn't work on Diebuster as far as I know.).

But as sequels go, I'll take Diebuster over Madoka Rebellion and Eureka Seven AO any day, that's for sure.

Line_HTX

With the Wayback Machine, we can relive the past as if it were the present.
Wow, I was evil back then.

Skimming through the pages, now I know why you were a notorious bully.

Holy shit at the post times. Everything and everywhere was within one minute of each other. Definitely would've gotten lost and could never catch up. Hell, I could never even catch up on this year's Winter and Spring because the threads were going too fast for me.

Overlord is selling 10k per volume so far.

Prison School actually isn't selling too bad either. Might end up around 5/4k per volume at this pace.

LOL that gif. I should actually watch that.

Got more Ittoki Otoya (UtaPri) stuff and the Taku pillow cover came, need to buy a pillow for him.
CS5XwFGWwAAFYDn.png:large

CS5Xvf9XAAEYB6V.png:large

Does anyone know how many volumes the Prison School anime covers? I bought the first volume and really like it, but the next one comes out in a few weeks and then the 3rd one comes out in March. I'd like to wait because the manga seems great, but I also just want more of the story.

Also do people prefer the Manga or Anime for it?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Does anyone know how many volumes the Prison School anime covers? I bought the first volume and really like it, but the next one comes out in a few weeks and then the 3rd one comes out in March. I'd like to wait because the manga seems great, but I also just want more of the story.

Also do people prefer the Manga or Anime for it?

anime cover 9 volume (To be exact, 8.5 vol.)

I prefer the manga because the art is awesome.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 80
CS5iD64WIAAHYCN.png
CS5iD68WIAAxGeM.png

The way Sora said it made me tear up. I knew he always thought they were friends and such but to hear him say that about Academia and then be shocked when it was called a prison :(. Pleasing the professor while pleasing his friends is a hard decision. Hopefully Obelisk Force invasion will help him open his eyes and move towards staying on the right side.

Cornbread78

Is this A Zombie? of the Dead (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead) S2- ep10-END:

Well, whoever said this show actually has any kind of ending was wrong... There is no "ending" and there wasn't really anything sweet about it, lol. They hinted through the last two episodes that there should be another season since nothing was or would be resolved. It's alright though. The show was a lot of fun..
\ I have to say that his harem is probably one of the better ones. I mean, they are very stereotypical, but not so much at the same time; they beat the crap outta him all the time and treat him like dirt. But they are for him, so it's a great love/had tsundere type relationships. Well, except Eu, which is probably his true heroine, but they do not advance that relationship. They almost do in the final story episode,and gave close to a sweet moment, but they stop short of actually shipping the two in any kind of way and he gets beat up like usual. Haruna is great as well and I love her VA. This is just a fun show to watch through both seasons...

Russ T

Banned
I have an industry question!

How often does Japan outsource animation compared to other countries? I know they do outsource some, but I have no idea what the ratio is, how often it happens.

Taruranto

JulianImp

So yesterday's random anime dinnertime produced Hanamaru Kindergarten and Demonbane. The first one probably has the Pedobear seal of approval, and Demonbane was fun in a bad way. I instantly remembered that Demonbane was supposed to be the most OP character in fiction, and the crazy professor with his guitar case rocket launcher that got owned three times in the span of a single episode was fun, but the MC transforming into a Dio wannabe after kissing a magic grimoire in human form was really weird. Might watch it a bit more someday, but not anytime soon.

watching later episodes of To Love-Ru gets increasingly hard.

motto is all over the place adapting chapters that there doesn't seem a main plot 7 episodes in

hope darkness has a better plot

Darkness has lots of darkness to obscure all the plot it has.

Actually, it does have some semblance of a plot as Momo enacts her harem plan for Rito and Yami goes through character development, but then again watching TLR for the plot is well, you know...

I have an industry question!

How often does Japan outsource animation compared to other countries? I know they do outsource some, but I have no idea what the ratio is, how often it happens.

Japanese studios subcontract to foreign studios pretty frequently, especially for the grunt work. There are many Korean studios which work on anime, sometimes to the level of being credited for co-production on an overall series (see Pretty Rhythm, Arata Kangatari). DR Movie is perhaps the most prominent, having a strong working relationship with Madhouse and Mappa. The animation for Madhouse's Kaiji anime was almost entirely done by DR Movie, except for two episodes which were outsourced to another Korean animation studio, Dangun. Toei has a division in the Philippines which they regularly send episodes to. China and other East Asian countries also do a lot of subcontracting work. If you watched the first season of Magi and recall the infamous episode with Morgiana's dance, the problem that happened there was that A-1 didn't receive the inbetweens on that scene back from the Chinese studio they had subcontracted them to in time to put them in the TV airing.

Russ T

Banned
Japanese studios subcontract to foreign studios pretty frequently, especially for the grunt work. There are many Korean studios which work on anime, sometimes to the level of being credited for co-production on an overall series (see Pretty Rhythm, Arata Kangatari). DR Movie is perhaps the most prominent, having a strong working relationship with Madhouse and Mappa. The animation for Madhouse's Kaiji anime was almost entirely done by DR Movie, except for two episodes which were outsourced to another Korean animation studio, Dangun. Toei has a division in the Philippines which they regularly send episodes to. China and other East Asian countries also do a lot of subcontracting work. If you watched the first season of Magi and recall the infamous episode with Morgiana's dance, the problem that happened there was that A-1 didn't receive the inbetweens on that scene back from the Chinese studio they had subcontracted them to in time to put them in the TV airing.

Interesting, thanks for the response!

TUSR

Banned
Darkness has lots of darkness to obscure all the plot it has.

Actually, it does have some semblance of a plot as Momo enacts her harem plan for Rito and Yami goes through character development, but then again watching TLR for the plot is well, you know...
more momo means I'm satisfied

pbayne

The Naruto and Bleach final arcs just go on foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Can't even imagine One Piece in its endgame.

Well no matter what the One Piece turns out to be, I think we can all agree it will be disappointing and will piss people off. Nothing built up that much has a satisfying payoff.

Jesus I can imagine at the end Luffy turning to the others and saying "You know guys the One Piece dosen't matter. It was the journey that mattered."

more momo means I'm satisfied

You're in luck as just about every TLR:D episode starts in the morning with Rito, still asleep, performing some nifty foreplay on Momo who has crawled in his bed during the night. Well, i shouldn't forget to mention the inevitable interruption before it gets serious.

Well no matter what the One Piece turns out to be, I think we can all agree it will be disappointing and will piss people off. Nothing built up that much has a satisfying payoff.

Jesus I can imagine at the end Luffy turning to the others and saying "You know guys the One Piece dosen't matter. It was the journey that mattered."
Oda has confirmed that won't happen. And at the very least we know Oda's planned the ending since the very beginning

TUSR

Banned
You're in luck as just about every TLR:D episode starts in the morning with Rito, still asleep, performing some nifty foreplay on Momo who has crawled in his bed during the night. Well, i shouldn't forget to mention the inevitable interruption before it gets serious.
My favorite scene so far was when momo and lala were already in there and nana tried to sneak in.

I forget what season that's in.

I left Bob Ross on while I was sleeping, and now I feel like death.

phaze

Kyousougiga 01

This episode is an oddball compared to the rest, as Koto is not at the centre of attention here. It instead serves as an introduction to the mysterious priest Myoue and his newly found family; his wife Koto (the old one) and his children; Yakushimaru, Kurama and Yase and the subsequent disappearance of the first two. The last part takes place after a lengthy timeskip and focuses solely on Yakushimaru, who apparently took up Myoue's mantle and title, and his dissatisfaction with current life. You could say that the episode ends as it began, with a healthy dose of Rie Kugumiya as energetic Koto who literally falls to the city of Kyoto from the sky.

Immensely pretty and effortlessly engaging is how I would describe this episode but hey, I'm biased. But I think I appreciate it even more now, when I'm no longer confused about the multitude of characters with same names and even looks or the mysterious shrine organisation from which Koto stems. Loved pieces of foreshadowing and setup for things to come but the things that ended up with vague or non existent explanations also caught my eye. After BBB, it's also interesting to see some of Rie Matsumoto's idiosyncrasies that resurfaced there already in place in this show. The giant cartoony arrows to point to far away characters or her fondness for the TV/ camera like distortions of the screen.

All in all, great premiere, watch this show if you haven't already people.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kyousougiga was not that good.

For me it was just too convoluted to keep track of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom