• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fafner - Dead Aggressor - 10 (not the new one)

This is always a bit difficult, because I'm reaaaaally slow when it comes to watching this show.
This episode was kind of a breather from all the despair, but of course there were lots of depressing undertones here and there.
Souji being
blind on one eye and it being Kazukis fault
caught me by surprise, but I'm not sure if it wasn't mentioned earlier.
Talking about surprsises, so were the crystals at the end. I'm curious about what's going on there and about finally seeing the outside world, which they spent lots of time mentioning.

Well, you're around the point where the writer changed, so things should be picking up soon.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hahaha no One Piece is at most 70% of the way done. If you take Dressrosa as being the Alabasta of the New World...

And One Piece does not end at the One Piece. There will be a final World Government confrontation after that, then an epilogue.

Naw if Marineford is anything to go by Oda will deliver

People keep saying this even though Oda said that it was something physical over a decade ago

Edit: man it is fucking impossible to find that SBS via Googling since it just assumes you mean One Piece the series not OP the treasure

Edit 2: lol I dont think Oda ever said that and it was just a myth perpetrated by people (me included) for years. I'm an idiot

Anyway it is essentially impossible for One Piece to be "friendship" or "the journey" given what Whitebeard said about it.

Yes, about that, the grand wheel is turning and the stage has a name, endgame has a name now and that is significant.
The Throne Wars can not be anything but the endgame given was Doflamingo has said.

So...Dark Souls?

I know it's Monmusu but I couldn't resist.

The only thing more dangerous then monster girls is ones from a Souls game

Wasurenagumo?

Never heard of that, time to look it up

Yes, about that, the grand wheel is turning and the stage has a name, endgame has a name now and that is significant.
The Throne Wars can not be anything but the endgame given was Doflamingo has said.

Really depends on how many Yonkou Luffy actually ends up tussling with. Shanks and Blackbeard don't seem to have the massive amount of followers that Kaidou and Big Mom do, too. This 100 chapter long arc was just to take down someone who was an underling of the real target.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The only thing more dangerous then monster girls is ones from a Souls game

Never heard of that, time to look it up

Really depends on how many Yonkou Luffy actually ends up tussling with. Shanks and Blackbeard don't seem to have the massive amount of followers that Kaidou and Big Mom do, too. This 100 chapter long arc was just to take down someone who was an underling of the real target.

I don't think Luffy and crew will be able to escape if he want to be the King of the Pirates.

John Blade

Well...going to try to go back watching Rahxephon as I kinda stop watching anime for a bit. If this doesn`t work, I will stop watching anime for another 2-3 weeks. Look like steeping out from watching anime help me a bit here but going back will be the hard part.

So the Nagato Yuki OVA is a second "Endless Eight" episode. That's a cute way to "troll" people I suppose. lol

I wish someone would make something as audacious as Endless Eight these days. It really was the most exciting use of the medium and still really hasn't been topped.

Endless Eight was an interesting experiment (as was the whole surprise second season of Haruhi), and KyoAni put a lot of work into it. But it was not good television. It had no artistic value. It was a prank that went on for far too long. It only exists now as a historical footnote which no one (except perhaps you) wants to relive.

Better uses of the television medium would be things such as Flowers of Evil (the whole thing but particularly the long stretches without dialogue) and the first episode of Osomatsu-san.

Jintor

These days I view it mostly as a way for them to pad out the rest of the season they were contracted to do while keeping the way clear for them to do Disappearance without having to use the episodes for the actual season.

If they had just been doing it and had enough filler for the rest of the season, three episodes I think would've been perfect.

Does Teenage SNAFU count? Hachiman has like 4 girls that like him.

Just when I thought I had gotten over this show's ending, just when I thought it wasn't lingering in my mind anymore, it gets brought up... SNAFU. Why were you so good. Why must I live with this agony. Guys just freeze me and wake me up when S3 airs.
Or if somehow KyoAni decides to make a Hyouka S2. Thnx.

Ahhhh the good days when we had SNAFU discussions. Between those and guessing the whole "whodunit" in Rokka, I kinda miss having a show that has the whole community engaged. There have been more, but those 2 shows definitely come to mind.

Haikyuu 17

2VTyZ2G.jpg
gY1cD7y.jpg

This episode was really cool, lots of good animation on the movement and some neat direction tricks using stuff like perspective. The show has hit its stride and if people are so adamant of it improving in S2 then I look forward to that.

Oh, and I'm also glad the pacing of this is pretty quick and it isn't spending 10 minutes on each volley.

Phatmac

Well Yui and Yukino for sure. Iroha, maybe. Who would the forth be? Saika? LOL.
It's pretty much just between Yui and Yukinon. I can't imagine Iroha being in the race considering how late her character was introduced plus her crush on Hayama seems real. I purely see them as just friends that flirt around. I'm a diehard Yui fan and will die with this ship. Damn it all.

Thhere's jack shit to watch all the weekdays. Everything major is on the weekend and it sucks balls.

Friday is good, Ushio and Tora, Kagewani, Noragami and Hackadoll.

Other then that Osumatsu-san on Monday and Gintama on Wednesday for me on the weekdays.

But yeah most of the best shit (OPM, Owarimonogatari, Gundam) is frontloaded on the weekend.

Haikyuu 17

This episode was really cool, lots of good animation on the movement and some neat direction tricks using stuff like perspective. The show has hit its stride and if people are so adamant of it improving in S2 then I look forward to that.

Oh, and I'm also glad the pacing of this is pretty quick and it isn't spending 10 minutes on each volley.

I kinda marathoned through season 1 and got all caught up, I too think season 2 is already better in certain aspects. So far, and this may just be me, but the humour seems to be a little better. Same goes for animations and those dynamic angles that you talk about. There's also more female characters joining the fray, so it's not just the guys and the manager anymore. If the OP is indication of it, there seem to be more incoming.

It's pretty much just between Yui and Yukinon. I can't imagine Iroha being in the race considering how late her character was introduced plus her crush on Hayama seems real. I purely see them as just friends that flirt around. I'm a diehard Yui fan and will die with this ship. Damn it all.

#teamIroha is the only team that matters. Also, never forget:

It's canon.

Monday through Thursday is a wasteland.

I watch Sakurako-san on Wednesday, The Perfect Insider on Thursday and Noragami on Friday. They are all pretty great. Saturdays is fucking packed as hell though. Sunday is only Gundam and OPM.

fertygo

Friday is good, Ushio and Tora, Kagewani, Noragami and Hackadoll.

Other then that Osumatsu-san on Monday and Gintama on Wednesday for me on the weekdays.

But yeah most of the best shit (OPM, Owarimonogatari, Gundam) is frontloaded on the weekend.

Your Friday is saturday for me doe.

Phatmac

I kinda marathoned through season 1 and got all caught up, I too think season 2 is already better in certain aspects. So far, and this may just be me, but the humour seems to be a little better. Same goes for animations and those dynamic angles that you talk about. There's also more female characters joining the fray, so it's not just the guys and the manager anymore. If the OP is indication of it, there seem to be more incoming.

#teamIroha is the only team that matters. Also, never forget:

It's canon.

I watch Sakurako-san on Wednesday, The Perfect Insider on Thursday and Noragami on Friday. They are all pretty great. Saturdays is fucking packed as hell though. Sunday is only Gundam and OPM.
Lol that Iroha end route video is so good. Iroha is great so I wouldn't be as mad if she won over Yui. http://youtu.be/Eb_3gy395lc

JulianImp

Honestly, I just want a nice harem anime.

The kind of harem anime that's not about a bunch of girls tripping over each other for a guy.

The kind of harem anime that is fun to watch and has energy, but is not necessarily dramatic.

The kind of harem anime that doesn't constantly throw ecchi situations and fanservice at the screen.

I know that the above three are pretty much the core basis for 95% of harem shows, but is it really too much to ask for an anime where a guy is friends with a bunch of girls and they're all just total bros with each other?

The closest anime that's matched that description for me was Acchi Kocchi.

I still haven't stumbled accross any, but I'd say the biggest issue with harem as a genre is that it's little more than a power fantasy, so placing the MC on a pedestal and having the girls fight for him is kind of par for the course. I would like seeing a show where

You're looking at it after the fact though. As a live event, I don't think there has been anything like it.

While it works as a subversion, I think it mustn't have been fun neither for the audience who were watching it week after week nor for those of us that watched it later. I guess it makes sense if you think about it in-universe as Haruhi was forcing everyone to repeat the same things over and over until they worked the way she secretly wanted them to though, and that the absurd number of loops was the plot point that set The Disappearance in motion, but it still was boring as hell.

...Thinking about it more and more, I guess I've got to agree that showing the loop in two or three episodes only wouldn't have had the same impact, so I guess it did something right, even if it was at the expense of becoming infamous for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom